Home Depot
11,513 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Strong customer service culture focused on doing the right thing for customers and associates
Store Operations Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: strong employee culture, opportunity for advancement
Cons: variable schedule
The Home Depot is a fast paced environment requiring a great deal of flexibility and decisiveness on a daily basis. With high customer traffic and a large pool of employees, everyday presents new challenges on both the customer side and human resource side of the business. Time management is of the utmost importance to ensure the "typical" daily tasks get accomplished while reacting to and resolving any issues as they pop up.The schedule tends to be extremely variable depending on business needs largely controlled by seasonality. At times this can make it very challenging to balance work and life outside of the store. Regardless, in this job associates have the opportunity to touch many lives and form emotional connections with their customers by helping them improve their homes and complete projects.
Fun place with fun people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Loved the job , some days were bad but most were good , great people
Assist Store manager
Assist Store Manager (Former Employee), 14655 S tamiami Trail Fort Myers FloridaJanuary 28, 2015
I would like to say when i started it was a great company to work for, i started in garden growing up with a citrus knowledge. I was eager to learn and promote so i took training for all departments to increase my knowledge, which was provided by the company. Then I promoted up to Department Supervisor were I supervised about 20 associated. Promoted to Assist Manager, were I overseen the operation of the store, inventory, safety and the most important part was providing day in day out superior customer service to our customers. It was a Job I enjoyed in the beginning and enjoyed till the end. I would say the hardest part of the job is the amount of hours required from an Assist Manager 55hrs a week and there policy 1,2,3 strikes your out for not only for Mangers but associates also. And there was times due to the policy you had to let a go, long term or short time associate go which was difficult. And I dislike there new review cycle were they ladder rank there associates to determine there review score. But what i loved the most was the interactions with the customers , making the sales, and the team building with the associates.
Great place to start a carrer
Merchandising Execution Supervisor (MET) (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent culture for customer service
Cons: short lunches/job work life balance
As a supervisor, I am responsible for merchandising throughout the entire store. This involves a great partnership with store management as well as outside vendors. I am responsible for a team of ten associates. Some responsibilities include: Price changes throughout the entire store, Ensuring over 1300 bays within the store are set 100% to P.O.G., Coaching, training, Associate recognition or rewards, Ordering P.O.P, Outstanding customer service, associate reviews, Hiring and hours control. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a customer smile whether it be helping the customer find everything they need to complete their project, or simply saying something nice to help them get through their day.
Productive and great place to work
Cashier/CS/Driver (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Was a fun place to work, very busy, high energy, fast paced, loved it. Great learning experience, back in the day they had intense training courses on everything from customer service to all the products they carry.
Good
Traveling Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee), Arlington TxJanuary 28, 2015
Good company, plenty of room to grow, and work with others. feast paced enviroment
Great enviroment for self education
Freight Associate (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i learn of parts and function
Cons: work load fluctuates
Assist customers in store, break down of merchandise from shipped pallets, sort by department , place in specific location on isle. Keeping track of items sold for re-ordering of same .
Open Warehouse
Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee), Summerville, SCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: heavy lifting
Mixing paint and stocking shelves, assisting customers, Keeping area clean, out of stock updates, signing, new set ups daily training from vendors.
fun work place
Appliance Specialist (Former Employee), Alvin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Management was not able to work with certain concerns. Co workers were great. Overall a fun place to work at and customers were always nice.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
managed cash registers, assisted customers, controlled inventory
Good place to work.
Asset Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Home DepotJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay, some benifits, friendly enviorment
Cons: no promotions on ap side
No issues with company and co-workers/management.
No room to move up on AP side of business unless you move but even if you move spots and very slim.
if you know for a fact what your doing they will hire
Flooring Specialist (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJanuary 27, 2015
great company fantastic benefits but management sucks when it comes to schedules and if you know your stuff in the department they will use you heavily and you wont get the greatest pay. they do watch the clock to the minute otherwise its a great company to work for. they promote within before hiring outside people
Great student work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good student job
Cons: management is not really good.
I was working there while being a full time student. I worked in the outside garden. Overall, it is a good student job, but the problem is that is seasonal job. The management is so-so but the guys I have worked with were amazing.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Great people and great work environment. Customers can be frustrating but overall its a great retail experience.
They always put our customers first
Paint Department Associate (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: we had a great lunch time as well as our benefits
Cons: being promoted
Working at the home depot was great experience and got to meet great co-workers. The management was great to work with when you needed help with something they helped you. Got to learn how to work with a forklift,reach, and order picker.
Overnight Shift
Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Arcadia, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: able to work indepently
Cons: working overnight
On a daily basis I would receive freight off of trucks and stock the shelves and overstock the remaining freight. I learned how to operate the forklift, electric pallet jack, and cherry picker. The management and employees worked as a team to ensure the store was fully stocked and ready for business the next morning. Working overnight was difficult at first but once my body got use to the switch. I really enjoyed learning how to operate and obtain lincense all machinery.
Decent "Job" for someone who needs an income.
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits if you are full time, 401k, quarterly bonuses, great co workers.
Cons: no work/life balance, raises are very small, favoritism.
I recently left Home Depot after 8 years in the same store and same department. I enjoyed my co workers and repeat customers, in which maybe is what kept me around longer than I should have been. They started me out lower than the part timer(i was full time all 8 years) and after I left I was only making about 2 dollars more than I did 8 years ago. The raises are small 25 to 35 cent a year. There was no work/life balance, many of us worked a closing shift and then the next day had to open, Being tired after a schedule like that I felt i couldn't be 100 percent to the job. YOU WILL WORK EVERY WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY, if you want it off, you have to ask for it at pray to god that no one else asks for it off either. Too many districts walks, and it seem like they were too busy trying to please the big wigs than to take care of the customers. Management of course had their picks, they acted like they wanted to hear your thoughts but that's a lie. I am glad I got the experience but I hate that I wasted so much of my life in that place.

Also unlike Lowe's Home Depot employees DON'T get a 10% discount.
Good
Sr. IT Developer - Client (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Its a very good experience to work at Tata consultancy services, had fun.
good place to work if you like people
Tool Rental Tool Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: really a friendly place to work for
Cons: they are always cutting hours so that the remaining assoceates are doing 3-3 mjobs extra.
Working with angry people, co-workers pass the buck, really don't want to work. they usually are young with not much work ethic. The hardest part was trying to fix the rental tools and take care of customers at the same time
is there anything to do at break
stock shelves (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: lunch break
Cons: health care
first I come to work on time. then I punch in and go to the area that I have to go to. I find out what I am going to do today. I am a good learner. I can get along with my co-workers.when the job is hard I will ask somebody to help me out. to go with a good atitude.and you need to be happy and everyone can be happy too. I'ts better to work with someone being happy then a complainer that is not happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more