Home Depot

14.1K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), St George, UtahJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Learned a new Job.
Cons: Pay wasn't very competitive.
Help people check out after getting what they needed.
How to run transactions.
They were good. Just not always around when needed.
Co-workers were good and fun to be around.
Keeping the garden area watered.
Helping the customers out.
the day begins with meeting telling us what exactly needs done and how long it should take, there is not really a hard part to the job, we climb alot
MET Associate (Current Employee), Parkesburg, PAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: meeting with all sorts of people, workin on all sorts of project whether busines or person, Making a customer happy gives me a good feeling inside.
Cons: Waking up at 4am to start work at 5am, but if I get to bed, which I do most of time, helps very much.
Our Management works right with us if needed to get reset done faster, but most of the time we are left to do what we need to do, our work gets checked periodically and we work as a team so it not a problem to get our project done in our goal time, we all get along and discuss problems that my come up and how we will try different ways to put the reset together in timely matte. I love my job just want to get a little closer to home and do warehouse work, I enjoyed that work since I prevouisly have woked at this typed of work before. At the store we also have to help customers when a department head is on break and its very satisfactory to help out these customers.
overall a good place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Elko, NVJuly 29, 2015
Pros: co-workers, flexible hours
Cons: management and lack of lifts
A typical day at work was fast paced and energetic. My co-workers were upbeat and fun to work with. I learned to use a lift and key cutter. The hardest part of the job was lack of people and equipment to get big jobs done.
fun teamwork
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 29, 2015
Cons: three short break
work inside a building and unload truck. Stand on feet for 8 - 10 hours. talking to other employee while working. sometime let us off work early due to no more work to do. only work 4 days and off three days.
Good place for people not wanting to advance
Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 29, 2015
The job you are going to get is most likely going to be the one you are going to keep, as even with advancements, at least for me personally, the pay raise was never worth the increase in duties, 40 cents is not enough for me, and not enough for most people when you get a promotion.
its a growing company in the usa,
Customer Associate (Current Employee), glasgow delawareJuly 29, 2015
the home depot offer home materials product, like lumber, hardware ,tools plumbing, flooring stuff appliances lighting stuff etc.it is very good experience for learning.
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: knowledge that you gain from working there, Flexibility in your schedule, People (customers and coworkers) were the best.
Cons: work most holidays
I worked with a great group of people. I learned something every month from our product knowledge classes. Best group of truck drivers I have ever worked with.
Great work life balance
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee), ManchesterJuly 29, 2015
Great Management team and flexible work hours. Excellent part time job for anyone. Benifits are nice and are offered to part time assocaites.
underpaid and overhyped
Sales Associate/Garden Recovery (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: 401k, stock plan, on busy times they supply food.
Cons: understaffed, low pay, management
Home Depot was nice for the first few months. They make it seem like theres so many opportunities with the company and plenty of incentives. Moving up is rather difficult, its like a donkey having a carrot dangled in front of it and those incentives just suck off what little money they pay you. Management is usually clueless to what is going on or how to do anything.
fun workplace
Home Depot Freight Associate (Current Employee), Broward, FLJuly 29, 2015
Fun workplace. Managers are welcoming and dedicated to The Home Depot. Friendly atmosphere. Learned how to drive a power industrial truck. You can talk to co workers they create a comfortable work environment.
Good Company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Addison and Kimball, chicagoJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Manager turn over
The 401k is great with a 150% match. Plus discounts on employee stock and other great benefits such as health make this company a great company for someone with a high school education.
Great co-workers
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Germantown, MDJuly 29, 2015
Pros: co-workers and customers
Cons: unstable hours
Supervise employees in lumber dept. Place orders for lumber and work products. Provide excellent customer service and good supervision
Customer service, receiving, merchandising and associate management
Freight Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 29, 2015
overall The Home Depot is a fun and energetic fast moving environment. Helping customers make important decisions with their home projects was the most enjoyable aspect of the job. Overnight shifts were the most difficult part for myself.
n/a
Cashier and Electrical Department CSR (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: like helping other people
Cons: not to many working hours
ring up customers of their items as cashier in electrical department help customers find what they need or answer questions on items or how to install or if they got all that they need for their project
It was a good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
It was a good fast pace good working environment. I worked with different cultures of people and it taught me how to interact with different cultures as well as my own.
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), houston txJuly 29, 2015
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: turn overs
I enjoy my job it is actually a great working place.I been the for 3 year and became an operational supervisor. It is a great place to learn responsibility and gather work experience.
Great for if you just need a summer or winter job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch schedules
Cons: short breaks, lack of breaks for cashiers, incompetent associates, healthcare
There is nothing that I can say that won't be biased, or feel like a rant. It's a great company if you are good at puckering up.
Enjoy working here!
Freight Team Associate (Current Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 29, 2015
I enjoy working here. I am just looking for something with more hours and better wages. The managers are all nice. They have different incentives for showing employees how much they are appreciated.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
You usually start off part time and have to wait a pretty long time before you can be full time. Some people get away with more things than others depending on how much the people in charge like them. Too few sales associates and alot of customers. Can get pretty hard to get help from someone in a certain departments at times. The managers don't really take care of that either and sometimes you get angry customers for that reason. Overall a decent place to work for
People and management are great
Paint Associate/Cashier/Special Services (Current Employee), daly cityJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits are good and there are bonus checks.
Cons: Demanding customers
The store overall is a great place to work. The people are friendly with the occasional not-so-friendly people but they're nothing to worry about. The set up in the store could be a bit more efficient. We've been getting many complaints regarding location of pickup items, and I can't say I blame them.
The hardest part of the job is trying to please every customer that walks in. Sometimes that just can't happen. There are things we are limited to and when we try to explain it, they get angry, upset, and confused. Confused because some of our associates are not very well-versed with our system and are often given wrong information or interpret information incorrectly, hence the confusion on the customer's part.
The most enjoyable part of my job are when customers leave with a smile on their face. It brightens up my day and makes it worth the while to work for another seven hours. One problem customer could ruin a whole day of work especially the one's that like to have every single associate in the store solve their problem.
I learned many things at work. I learned how to drive almost all the lift machines, I learned how to mix paint, how to order items, and learned some people skills as well as developed tough skin. When working in my department, you need to develop tough skin or else the customers who know how to work the system, will work you over.
Headquarters