Home Depot
12,332 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

A variety of duties were given to me on a daily basis which made the job more interesting
Cashier (Current Employee), Bay Shore, New YorkMarch 26, 2015
I highly recommend working for Home Depot. A typical day at work would be dealing with many people and I love working with people. My co-workers are great people to work with and very helpful.
Day shift is good.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Loveland, COMarch 26, 2015
Cons: night shift management
If you're going to work at The Home Depot, work during the day. Working at night isn't what is used to be and people who work graveyard shift are no longer treated with respect. Recently, the upper management raised the pay to $10.25/hour so you'll have to decide if that's worth being treated like garbage.
If you'd prefer to be treated with respect and be around fun people, work during the day.
Work
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
If you're looking for easy money home depot is the place to go. Other than that i wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. The hours were table so was the pay. Management was terrible. I felt as if i was still in high school.
if you want to play games to get ahead
Key Carrying DH (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
if you are looking to have a life, promote based on performance, have a weekend off every now and then, a stress free environment, not get yelled at by customers, then don't look here.
Productive and fun place to work.
Merchandising Executive Team (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXMarch 25, 2015
It is a great job within a fast-paced work environment. This job requires you to be able to change gears quickly and work as a team.
Hard work and fast paced
Cashier, Lot attendant, and Loader (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: long set hours
Cons: sometimes short staffed
Loved working here, the hours were set in stone what you worked is what you worked. I learned how to sell different products (lawn mowers, power tools, plumbing utilities etc.). i learned how to manage my time according to the number of tasks I had to accomplish. The management is amazing they are really helpful and always went above and beyond to make you the best associate you could be. My co-workers were helpful and always willing to teach me something new. The hardest part of the job was sometimes adjusting to tasks that I was not too familiar with. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing at the end of the weeks full of work that i was set up for a good paycheck.
Relaxed
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 25, 2015
Although I did not agree with the management team and their lack of professionalism, my coworkers were very nice and easy to get along with.
fun place to work
Bay integrity associate, stock clerk, merchandiser (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: they discontinued bia position
I was in charge of all inventory for all departments in home depot. was in charge of price changes and sales stickers for all merchandise in all departments. set up racks with merchandise either new or old or for promotional sales. trained new employees on being a bia associate.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate-Garden Center (seasonal) (Former Employee), Westminster, COMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Helpful Co-workers
Cons: Poor Communication from Management
My position with this company involved working the late night shift to replenish merchandise in the Garden Department. This entailed pulling pallets of Garden Department merchandise out of the stockroom to the sales floor to be unwrapped and delivered to the appropriate areas in the department. This also entailed climbing ladders to stock bulky items on top shelves when space on designated shelves was already full.
My co-workers were a very helpful and hardworking group of people, who never hesitated to help me assist customers with a question I did not have an answer to at the time.
I learned quite a bit working here. Specifically what kinds of weed killers to use on lawns and what not too. This acquired knowledge proved beneficial as a week previously, I had almost used a product on my own lawn that not only kills weeds but the lawn too.
Overall, I was happy to have been given the opportunity to work for the company, I just wish I hadn't been mislead in believing this seasonal position was actually going to last for the duration of said season.
Extreme hard work for a regular payment not flexible schedule available
MET TEAM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Pace, FLMarch 25, 2015
Home Depot is know as a big important worldwide company, not the best deals in construction materials.
A lot of gossiping in every store coming unfortunately from manager people.
Its Okay
Temporary Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Merced, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pretty okay Place to work, Could have issued out more hours and they ended up laying off the whole freight flow team but besides that its a nice place
Home Depot is a good place to work for but..
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GeorgiaMarch 25, 2015
Overall Home Depot is an excellent employer to work for, they have great benefits. Mostly the people you work with are pretty fun to work with. The pay is OK and management could be a little better.
Lots of Work for Little Pay
Line Manager (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunches, Major Growth Opportunity
Cons: Terrible pay and benefits
This company does have great opportunity for advancement however they pay way too little and it take way to long to make a decent wage. They do have ways to earn reward-some are monetary and they do give everyone a bonus once a year. I appreciate the fact that they do give back to the community.

This is definitely a great job use as a stepping stone in order to build your work experience and teach you how to conduct business properly. This company caters to small business.
Great Place to work for part-time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros:
Flexible hours
College Student Friendly

Cons:
Advancement is not based off performance

Good place to work if you have other goals in mind
day to day
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: part time
Learn how to deal with diverse of people. i enjoy meeting new customers and my everyday customers. everyday i learn something new. i look forward to going to work.justthe pay is not all well. need smething more challenging
Loved working here!
Special Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSMarch 24, 2015
Loved working here! The compensation, the people and the benefits were great! Management was awesome!! A typical day included providing great customer service!
Great Job,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2015
Very positive environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Abilene, TXMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed working here very much and earned more customer experience. I loved working with every one of my employees and got along great with them all. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was the irate customers. The most enjoyable part was learning how to adapt and make sure those customers left happy and satisfied. Management was awesome and I also loved the events thrown by the company like fundraisers including BBQ's and pot luck dinners, ect. The training was also satisfactory as well.
Okay Job
Merchandising excution team (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: driving to multiple home depots.
The job was okay.
The co-workers were awesome.
My responsibilities were stocking, cleaning, and building displays.
Management was not the best, good guy but not that great as a manager.
Lots of hard work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The benefits.
Cons: Management will not hire enough workers.
Lots of hard work, if that's what your looking for. Manage will not hire more employee causing everyone to work much harder.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries