Home Depot
12,796 reviews

Home Depot United States Employee Reviews

A ok
Cashier (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no time in half on sundays
busy but that is good coworker wise yeah not that great at times. learned new things I have never done before on a few things
productive
packer (Current Employee), McDonough, GAMay 2, 2015
Pros: hour lunch break
Cons: had to walk up and down stairs all day
I really enjoyed working at Home depot. it was a fast pace work environment that kept me busy. I also learned how to package inventory before it went out to customers.
Positive and productive environment
Departmental Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Company holiday gatherings
The Home Depot work environment was never anything less than exceptionally productive. I'd have to say in my opinion the most enjoyable part of my day was assisting customers to the best of my ability and making sure the department I supervised was kept up to par.
Work Enviroment is Pleasant
Freight Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Encinitas, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Advancement is not that great.
Spent seven years at Home Depot and they were awesome when it came to the culture and co- workers were great. The management are very well trained in making sure that they work with there employees in making sure they enjoy there time working. Management is always about the associates feeling a since of accomplishments and belonging. Job advancement is there but total dedication is needed to the job.
Best first job
Sales associate (Former Employee), tampa, floridaMay 2, 2015
Home Depot was an amazing first job had a lot of training and help .
best part was dealing with customers . Also growth is another thing that the Home Depot had a lot of growth .
cashier, customer service
Cashier and Costumer Services (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 2, 2015
I work as a cashier permanent garden. I like work in that area of the store. I especially like doing excellent customer service.Also I know the department well.
good place
Appliance sales (Former Employee), Keene, NHMay 2, 2015
The home depot taught me a lot of things and i enjoyed working there and making positive connections with the customers and my fellow co workers
it was good work with homedepot
Salesperson (Former Employee), Latham, NYMay 2, 2015
Provided excellent customer service, including directing customers to products, answering questions about goods, or assisting in purchase decisions.  Performed stocking, organizing, and cleaning duties at the request of the management team.  Worked closely with managers to deliver satisfaction to every customer entering the store.
o Merchandising Execution Team Associate Coach (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAMay 1, 2015
I like it they treat their employees, with decent benefits and other programs like success sharing and stock purchasing plans it is a good place to work.
The Home Depot is always encouraging and empowering it's employees to grow and improve.
Sales Associate (Paint) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNMay 1, 2015
Pros: Working with customers, solving problems
Cons: Irregular schedule from week to week
A typical day is making sure every customer has everything they need to complete whatever project it is that they are working on. Finding solutions. Helping chose colors, paints, finishes, adhesives is just the beginning of the day. Knowing how to use adhesives, caulks, solvents and all of the tools to apply them is important. Using and maintaining the tint machine is also a major part of working in the paint dept. Once the customer has been taken care of, there is always down-stocking and filling the shelves to do. There is always work to do and that makes the day go by quick.
Highly structured employee rules focusing on customer service
Pro Cashier/Returns Cashier (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2015
Pros: Employees receives bonuses every 6 month when store sales meet or exceed sales quota
Cons: Evaluations are conducted every week on customer service and individual sales performance, write ups if not within percentage range.
Strictly followed rules regarding employee performance. Employees are empowered to make decisions about prices, whether it be sales or returns. Employees are given the option of reducing sales of merchandise by $50. or increasing returns by the same amount. Employees must follow all rules and policies to the letter. Above all customer satisfaction in both service and overall performance is being friendly, welcoming, and genuine.
Many advances
freight and lot (Current Employee), Folsom, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Big Company
Cons: I don't have any at this time.
I see people being promoted all the time. It seems to be a friendly environment.It's a company with many departments and locations.
Productive and fun place to work, there are many nice people
Cashier (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Every Holiday is infused with much food and laughter!
Cons: I have no complaints about this company.
I worked with many hardworking and respectful people at Home Depot. The management and all the employees at home depot are some of the most hardworking and honest people that I have met. There are two constants at Home Depot is lots of food and lots of laughter.
Lots of work with good people
Stocker (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 1, 2015
I only work a short time here but while i was here i worked many good people and learned how to work with many different tools to help me with my job.
very family friendly, good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westampton, NJMay 1, 2015
Home Depot is a family friendly place to work. I like my managers, and they always were considerate to any issues I had, health wise or other. The only real issue was scheduling. scheduling was conflicting a lot, where they wouldn't schedule enough people on busy days at times. Aside from that I really enjoyed working there.
Home Depot
Supervisor (Current Employee), Catskill, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Customers, A lot of company benefits (online discounts, etc..)
Cons: No home life, schedules are all over the place, lack of recognition, the list goes on and on...
I have worked at the Home Depot for the past 9 years and lets face it box store retail is a bit of a challenge. Don't get me wrong I love doing my job and interacting with customers but the communication just sucks. I was proud to be promoted to a Supervisor position and served in different departments with that title. I've received the regional vice president award and had the best inventory ever this year. Due to lack of support and communication this job is very wearing on a person. This is why I'm looking for a different job with a stronger team.
Great company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great pay. Advancement opportunities are available
Cons: angry customers
answering phone calls and helping customers with their concerns/needs. I learned how to better myself at helping customers. The company just feels like one big family. The hardest part of the job was, not being able to fix everyone's problems. The most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Good Place to work
Freight Team Associate/ Garden Sales And Lot (Current Employee), Traverse CityMay 1, 2015
I like working for home depot, good people and very dedicated to our customers. The one thing i do not like is the lack of communication between dept heads ASM's and Associates. And to get the training that you need.
Good company to work for if you can follow strict management procedures.
Special Service Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 1, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Communication is not up to par with professional companies.
Home Depot like most companies of this size has its own culture.
Most long term employees are very dedicated to performing above position requirements.
Challenging but rewarding workplace
Freight Flow Team Associate (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Company activities (cookouts, etc.)
Cons: I work overnights, so it is hard to connect and passdown with Dayshift associates
I enjoy my job as well as my co-workers. My job has very rewarding qualities, but at the same time it can be very challenging to meet customers needs. A challenge I welcome. The most strenuous part of the job is being on your feet for an entire shift, and a LOT of walking...BIG store! I work the Hardware Department, so I am moving some very heavy merchandise at times. I most enjoy interacting with co-workers and customers, as I get to meet very interesting people. The best part of my job is the satisfaction of handling a persons needs to improve the quality of their home, or whatever project they may be working on at the time. My passion and pride is what I feel places me above and beyond all expectations of any potential employment! My only frustration is that some people take advantage of such a large corporation that cannot possibly monitor so many associates, and hold them accountable for their potential adverse behaviors.

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries