Home Depot

16.4K reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 15,254 reviews matching the search
Very Intense Job Environment.
Flooring Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2016
Very Intense Job Environment driven by strict customer service policies. The management was at times rigorous and over zealous with discipline. Corporate HR was often consulted on matters that could have been handled in-house.
Enjoy working here.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 5, 2016
Never a dull moment at the Depot. Working with the public can be challenging at times. Making people happy all the time can be hard also.
organized work place
Special Services (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 5, 2016
management is great, the shifts are long and boring because you have to stay in one spot, holiday pay, time and a half, and vacation time if offered
Cons
pay, long shifts
Learn something new everyday
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2016
I've learned so much being at home depot. Every department you can learn a new set of skills. I have a wonderful team. at home depot you get what you put in.
benefits
Cons
takes time to climb up the ladder
Pretty good place to work, so far...
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Not too bad of a place to work for. The hours are kind of rough working 6 am to 3 pm, but it's work... There's always something different to do every day.
would not like to respond
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Trotwood, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Getting to have customer, and personal relationships with contractors. Learned crucial information on power tools, lawn equipment , and chemicals. Management
Pros
no response
Cons
no response
Alot of Hard work.
Cashier/ Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I have always loved Home Depot until I started to work there. The hours sucks and I never had help from other co-works. I was always put in the position of being a manager but was never promoted.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Not enough co-work help.
productive place to work
Order Fulfillment Associate/Delivery/Puller (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 4, 2016
a typical day was to come in do my work and leave. I did not have many interactions with my managers or my coworkers I was more quiet
Home depot
Garden Department Associate (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTFebruary 4, 2016
I worked for home depot and i loved it. Very friendly people who are all hard working. I was proud. The corporation its self is very highly known, they treat their employees with respect and honor.
Stressful
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 4, 2016
You will not advance if one manager does not like you. To advance, you don't have to be a hard worker. Just stand around and talk with management all the time so they like you and you will get promoted. The job is way too stressful for what it is. The amount of stress you are left with, you might as well be a brain surgeon.
Pros
Yearly raise
Cons
management, few advancement opportunities for majority of workers
Good people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 4, 2016
I absolutely love all of my coworkers. They're such fantastic people, and it really makes me thrilled when they succeed.
Pros
holiday food in the break room
Cons
limited hours
Good starting out job
Garden Recovery Leader / Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Dont have any complaints working here. Enjoyed it and learned alot of things about home improvement. management was very understanding and reasonable.
Pros
great non stressfull environment
Cons
No Overtime alowed
Home Depot
Cashier/Customer Service-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85224February 4, 2016
Good company to work for. The pay is well for working part-time, its also a great company to advance and move up in the rankings if you put in the work and the determination.
it was fun and enjoyable work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rossville, GAFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed coming to work as all my coworker were nice and caring and made it feel like a family. I was able to learn past being a cashier when i make it known that i wanted to go further.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and speaking to the customers who frequently stopped by.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I was with The Home Depot for almost ten years. I enjoyed helping customers and making sure their needs were met. Management and co-workers were always there to help.
Co-Workers
Order Puller/ Delivery (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2016
They hire to many young people with no common sense. They do not have any customer service experience nor do they wish to.
i had an enjoyable job
Hardware associate (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 3, 2016
challengeing and sometimes overbearing it was fun interacting with the public. some of the product was heavy and hard to handle
No recomendations..
supervisor/sales associate/freight (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The amount of work to compensation ratio is horrible. In most stores, the advancement process is based on favoritism. Although most customers are great and majority of the staff are very nice people, the management is very disorderly causing a very stressful work environment.
Great place
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Very hectic place to work but at the same time great for learning and growing. There is plenty of room to grow and obtain positions of bigger responsibilities.
Pros
Team based work, a lot of learning and growing.
Cons
Too much work to do and not enough resources to get it complete
I gained many communication skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day was busy and steady. I learned how to communicate effectively and satisfy customers, even in stressful situations. Management was poor, they did not actively engage with employees until corporate visits. Most co-workers were fun and easy to work with. The hardest part was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part was satisfying customers and meeting their needs.