Home Depot
13,078 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Team Member,Met (Former Employee), Round Lake Beach, ILMay 24, 2015
Pros: meeting wonderful people
Cons: three floors, stairs were hard to run up and down, owner dies that hurt.
i did everything from appointment setting, phones, sales ,stocking,cleaning,hair tech. running errands. helping hair stylists.
Work enviroment
Sales Associate (Millwork) (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: had to do other associates job
I consider home depot the best job (so far) I ever had. At home home depot I had the opportunity to change the on hand to zero as well as finding a home for items that don't.
Difficult to Advance in this company
Cashier (Current Employee), Hartwell, GAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch
Cons: One 15 minute break for 6 hr shift
Typical Day: Deal with good and bad people in the form of customers and associates.
Learned: Hard to advance, feel very unappreciated
Management: if you are not a favorite of theirs this it's going to be tough
Hardest part: dealing with the same problems repeatedly
Most enjoyable: Good people in the form of customers and associates
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Healthcare
The most enjoyable part of my job was I got to meet and help people out with the items they were looking for. I also learned how to help out with all the difference types of tools they sale.
Wonderful company
Overnight Freight Associate (Former Employee), Gladstone, MOMay 24, 2015
Pros: Community of the Company
Cons: hours, time of working, the Labor, and some communitcation
Began each day with Stretches and An overview of the product that came in to stock. I learned alot about Product placement. Coding on each shipping label and bar-code. how to decipher where each item belongs. The night Management was great during Monday through Friday. it was well organized and he utilized the strengths of the crew. the Crew i worked with varied greatly in work ethic and dedication. the hardest part of the job was the the Physical Labor required to Move all the Product onto the sales floor. But with Home Depot the Most fun ive ever had working overnight with So many people. great conversations and reliable Buddy system
Merchanizing Execution Associate
Merchandizing Execution Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great schedule
Cons: lack of job advancement
As a mechanizing execution associate, I was responsible for working with the district manager and regional manager updating and setting expectations for plan-o-grams, bay sets, and multiple showrooms. I was required to work hand in hand with store managers at eight different stores, working special projects, balancing two large showrooms, updating order information, speaking with vendors, managing products, bays maintenance, and time management for individual goals and task.
Great opportunities for those with wits, lack of coverage for them too.
Tool Rental Sales and Repair Associate (Former Employee), Bonney Lake, WAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Lack of Coverage and Accountability
Although there are great opportunities for those that deserve them they don't provide help with any of those depts they send you to.
Home Depot is just a job, nothing for the long term
Sales Associate/ Appliance Specialist (Current Employee), Powder Springs,GAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Some managment will acknowledge employees point of view
Cons: No Job security, Most managment not people friendly, Advandement
Home Depot can be a fun lively place to work, if you enjoy helping customers to solve household issues. Whether it is in person or over the phone customer assistance come first. However that's the working portion, as far as management goes not so helpful. There is no job security at a place such as Home Depot. The more one does the more management expects of one, without benefit.
Productive and Fun work place
Delivery Puller (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 24, 2015
gain familiarity with the products, product location and store layout to provide the most efficient and highest quality service to our customers.
productive and fun place with ping pong table
Merchandising Execution Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 24, 2015
Pros: The people I work with.
Cons: Pay.
I enjoy the people that I work with. My supervisor is fair, my team is productive and fun to work with. The sales associates on the store side are cooperative and we all work well together.
Exciting and very busy
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 23, 2015
Great place to work!
Very fast paced.
Alot of opportunities to move up.
Flexible schedules.
Have to be able to multi task.
I dont reccomend working at home depot.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chino, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible Scheduling Good Benefits for fulltime associates
Cons: Bad Management, low pay, it just sucks
Now, i cant say all home depots are the same, but if they were i wouldn't at all be surprised. The management has their favorites you know the people that get their Starbucks for them. It was a horrible working environment and felt like i couldn't really trust anyone especially the management. The customers are very demanding a lot of stealing took place with customers and even employees and the end of my three years, i didn't feel safe. Leaving that job was the best thing i ever did. If you feel like you really need a job because of your situation Work for Home Depot it has amazing benefits that's the only thing positive i can say about Home Depot. Get out of there fast, don't get stuck working for this company.
Best Job I've Had
CASHIER (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good Hours, Coffee in break room
Cons: They fire a lot of people
The people you work with most likely you will almost become family with. Every one at Home Depot for the most part enjoys what they do and they are very knowledgeable in their departments. The Pay is great, the hours are great, they work with your schedule.
Productive but store manager disliked student employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Manager felt threatened by student employees.
Cons: no breaks
Productive but store manager had negative attitude toward college students. Worked in gardening dept. young co-workers always avoided work and left you carrying work load. When department is busy no breaks were given.
Great place to work just does not pay much and hard to get a full time position
Fleet Rental Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville TNMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great Company just like a family
Cons: poor advancement and pay
.A typical day at work is very busy always something to do.

How to better maintain small engines and our rental equipment fleet.

Home Depot's management is a great team they treat employees like family.

When we are cut short on a Saturday due to our computer scheduling and we are really busy.

The group of people I work with everyday day.
productive
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), atlantaMay 22, 2015
Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule"
"Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there
Great Company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), Pompano Beach FloridaMay 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers it gives me a sense of satisfaction.

Flexible hours and co-workers are easy to get along with
Home Depot's Culture
Corporate Mgr. of Process for EHS (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
As my 19 year career progressed from 1996 to date is was apparent that Home Depot's core values were the foundation of the company success. One of the core values is taking care of associates and from that I was instrumental is achieving a best in class safety culture that is bench-marked by several fortune 50 companies.
the environment was positive
Cashier / Freight (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 22, 2015
As with many retail jobs, this job consisted of customer service tasks like answering questions about products and providing assistance with certain needs like key making and whatnot. This job allowed me to learn a lot about home improvement, and also how businesses run and conduct daily tasks. I had knowledgeable, helpful coworkers and the management team was as good as one can hope for in a retail setting. The job had its disadvantages with inconsistent scheduling and the occasional rude customer.
My Work Day at Home Depot
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Selden, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: hour lunch bonuses form homer badges
Cons: some contractors would rush me to load their stuff onto their trucks.
I liked at Home Depot the coworkers and customers, and always received good compliments too. The Christmas decorations were beautiful. During the holiday, they always chose nice places for our Christmas party too

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries