Home Depot Employee Reviews

Customer Focused
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), North CarolinaAugust 29, 2015
Cons: Capped on hours weekly, would have liked more full-time hours/ positions
Steady work place, diligent people, overall good management team. would recommend company also. would have preferred more hours weekly
good company to work for
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2015
Good Company as a whole, At Home Services has only been established for 2 years, this portion of the company is not run properly by management, Still needs work
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
feight night crew worker (Current Employee), MANCHESTER CTAugust 29, 2015
I LOVE IT BUT DONT LIKE WORKING NIGHTS IT IS A TERRIFIC PLACE TO WORK AND I HOPE TO BE MOVING TO DAYS SOON AN IF SO WILL REMAIN WITH THEM
Ok for just seasonal
Temp. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merced, CAAugust 28, 2015
There was a clear focus of hierarchy in this store. You always knew that there were favorites in every department which had the choosing of what work they did if any. The managers just seemed to over look this fact.
Productive and great place to work
Paint Associate / Bookkeeping (Current Employee), Cicero, ILAugust 28, 2015
Constantly running around the store and assisting my fellow associates with any assistance they might need, my co-workers are awesome, and management tries their best to work with any issues you might have.
Great place to get started
TEAM ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Midtown Home DepotAugust 28, 2015
Not a bad company to work for as long have you have goals and a plan. There is room for advancement if you are interested, but it is a bit more difficult than they make it seem.
home depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2015
Pros: was fare with breaks and lunches
Cons: small raises and low wages
learned about customer service and how to run a cash register also how to down stock product for the customers and also how to mix paint and to color match paint
Productive Work place
Merchandising Execution Team (Former Employee), State CollegeAugust 28, 2015
I absolutely loved working For Home Depots Merchandising Execution Team. It was a friendly hard working team. The hours were great, I had a whole day left after work.
Great place with great people
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 28, 2015
If your a student trying to get extra cash, Home Depot is great because it works with your school schedule. They may abuse you by overworking you with tasks that you weren't even hired to do, Pretty lousy pay.
fun place to work
Millwork Specialist (Current Employee), Festus, MOAugust 28, 2015
You are helping customers find the right tools to complete their projects. I learned a lot about home improvement. Management is very helpful with all issues. coworkers are great. The hardest part of the job is getting your tasks done and helping customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Fun, Growth and developement
Supervisor (Current Employee), Balch Springs, TXAugust 28, 2015
Fun, Growth and development. Love my cowokers. We all work in a team. Its a great work environment. Management is helpful
Most enjoyable part of the job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Portage, MIAugust 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part is working with the people I work with. Everyone is fun and nice. The scheduling is also pretty nice, they work around my school schedule.
Great store manager
Sales and Operations Associate (Current Employee), Bloomsburg PAAugust 28, 2015
Store manager is easy going and always willing to work with you. Other parts of management is all about who you know and who you are best friends with, then you get what you want. If not, you get the worst shifts and always close and open back to back
learning experience
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales/paint (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 28, 2015
Supported Customers through service to sales conversations. Managed inventory and transacted sales Interacted with customers and resolved service issues and request
Overall Home Depot is a good company to work for.
Department Supervisor - Key Carrier (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, customer oriented
Cons: Sometimes coverage in the store is weak
As a key carrier, I am asked almost daily to fill in for an assistant manager at some point, whether it is to cover a lunch break or open the store, or occasionally to cover a shift when someone is on vacation. I can easily transition from being an associate in a specific department to the role of management where I must focus on the entire store. I try to learn something new every day, from a product in another department or how to dig in to a report I am unfamiliar with. I enjoy helping customers as well as helping the associates in my store. I feel I am a good resource for new and long term associates on nearly anything relating to customer service or processes. I have become a mentor to newer department supervisors also, teaching them processes that must be done on a regular basis as well as how to work reports that are required for our position.
Very great company that I wouldn't mind working for again
Freight Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches and multiple breaks in the day
Cons: I felt it was difficult to move up
A typical day at work would involve myself and other freight members sorting freight into the store's different departments onto carts and then rolling them out there to stock them. Sometimes you would also have to operate equipment, but that's just something that comes with any warehouse job. I learned some nice organization skills as well as some people skills. The only really negative thing I could say about management is they pick favorites, as does everyone, and the only bad guy at the store I was at is gone now. My co-workers at The Home Depot were great. Everyone is really friendly and talkative and always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job aside from moving up would have to be stopping to help customers ALL the time. I worked on freight team, so it's only natural I should be spending my time at work putting up all the freight that came in that day; however, this was made extremely difficult due to entire store being understaffed and the store manager refusing to make us overnight like every other freight team in the district, so very often was I putting my job on hold to help customers who couldn't even find another employee in any department. The nicest parts of the job though would have to be the ability to wear what you want after the store closed, the very nice and cool work environment, and the bonus check you get every 6 months. All in all though, it is a great place to work especially if you are wanting something long term.
Enjoyable work environment. Caring management and staff.
Sales Associate, Garden Department (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for advancement.
Cons: Hours can occasionally get short.
I went to work for Home Depot as a seasonal/part time employee. It turned out to be a pleasant place to work. Management (all levels) actually looked after all employees, including the seasonal people. Employees are encouraged to learn about all products carried; time was provided for developing product knowledge. The more difficult part of working for Home Depot involved constantly walking on concrete floors; this does go with the territory. The constant activity, meeting people and their dogs was one of the perks of the job.

The "low rating" on the Compensation/Benefits is because they are not available to seasonal/part time employees. The full time employees do speak highly of the benefit offerings.
chill
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAAugust 27, 2015
very chill job no stress or pressure but long working hours and no holidays off working early shift and very late also lunches are 30 min only
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), New Milford, CTAugust 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. About how you personally grow and develop. Corporate Company. One big happy family to get along with.
Hard company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), Warrenton, ORAugust 27, 2015
Hard company to work for in regards to acceptance of availability. It was very hard to get along with people. I learned so many things about DIY projects and the different products we had to offer. Some of my coworkers are great to work with and make the shifts go by easier. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the chance to meet so many veterans and thank them for their service.
Headquarters