Home Depot
13,087 reviews

Home Depot Employee Reviews

Best Job I've Had
CASHIER (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Good Pay, Good Hours, Coffee in break room
Cons: They fire a lot of people
The people you work with most likely you will almost become family with. Every one at Home Depot for the most part enjoys what they do and they are very knowledgeable in their departments. The Pay is great, the hours are great, they work with your schedule.
Productive but store manager disliked student employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Manager felt threatened by student employees.
Cons: no breaks
Productive but store manager had negative attitude toward college students. Worked in gardening dept. young co-workers always avoided work and left you carrying work load. When department is busy no breaks were given.
Great place to work just does not pay much and hard to get a full time position
Fleet Rental Technician (Current Employee), Knoxville TNMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great Company just like a family
Cons: poor advancement and pay
.A typical day at work is very busy always something to do.

How to better maintain small engines and our rental equipment fleet.

Home Depot's management is a great team they treat employees like family.

When we are cut short on a Saturday due to our computer scheduling and we are really busy.

The group of people I work with everyday day.
productive
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), atlantaMay 22, 2015
Great benefits; amazing 401k options; willing to work with a college student's schedule"
"Good benefits and pay is raised at a decent amount throughout your career there
Great Company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), Pompano Beach FloridaMay 22, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers it gives me a sense of satisfaction.

Flexible hours and co-workers are easy to get along with
Home Depot's Culture
Corporate Mgr. of Process for EHS (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
As my 19 year career progressed from 1996 to date is was apparent that Home Depot's core values were the foundation of the company success. One of the core values is taking care of associates and from that I was instrumental is achieving a best in class safety culture that is bench-marked by several fortune 50 companies.
the environment was positive
Cashier / Freight (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 22, 2015
As with many retail jobs, this job consisted of customer service tasks like answering questions about products and providing assistance with certain needs like key making and whatnot. This job allowed me to learn a lot about home improvement, and also how businesses run and conduct daily tasks. I had knowledgeable, helpful coworkers and the management team was as good as one can hope for in a retail setting. The job had its disadvantages with inconsistent scheduling and the occasional rude customer.
My Work Day at Home Depot
Lot Associate (Former Employee), Selden, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: hour lunch bonuses form homer badges
Cons: some contractors would rush me to load their stuff onto their trucks.
I liked at Home Depot the coworkers and customers, and always received good compliments too. The Christmas decorations were beautiful. During the holiday, they always chose nice places for our Christmas party too
An exceptional company with great benefits, excellent teamwork and a pleasure to work for
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Concord, Ca.May 22, 2015
I am a sales specialist in the kitchen and bath design showroom. My job is to meet and greet customers, make them feel at home, offer product knowledge and sell them product and accessories which meets their needs for their project and offer suggestions which correlate with their project. I've learned much about the company culture, it seems to be a friendly atmosphere. The management team is the busiest as they make sure the store keeps operating but still find time to help customers and interact with employees. The employees put forth a team effort and have fun while working.
The hardest part of the job is pulling down merchandise to stock the floor climbing ladders and using the lift trucks to bring pallets down. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers with a smile and a can-do attitude to get the products they need to complete their projects. Fun place to work
Home Depot
Bookkeeping, Appliance Specialist (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 22, 2015
Asociates work as a team helping one another which makes the job easier to learn. Management can be more interactive and helpful with associates. The scheduling of hours can be more suitable to associates needs Overall, working at Home Depot has been a positive experience.
home depot
Customer Service Representative Job Duties (Former Employee), seatMay 22, 2015
Pros: learn a lot about busniess structuer.
provided customer service and credit management to a variety of clients. Worked on business account as well as private accounts.
Ability to move and further experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Provides the ability to move within the company to further your experience and knowledge. Good benefits. Driven for great customer experiences.
Typical Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Home improvement knowledge
Cons: low pay, inconsistent scheduling
Hard work for low pay. Graveyard shift. Traveling team. Inconsistent safety rules.
Merchandising Execution Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 21, 2015
Execute projects for vendors that supply Home Depot. The supervisors are strict on some safety rules but lenient on others. They all have their own opinions that contradict each other.
day at homedepot
Backup Bookeeper (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: understanding and supportive management
Cons: pay is less
As a sales associates the most important part of job is to take care of customer , project they are working on. the products they need to complete the project and also best way to accomplish the project. we do help with inventory management by taking care of freight.

As a book keeper I go through daily sales reports and transaction and verify all the transactions are made with no error. Prepare detail report to inform the management about any possible risk issues or fraud in transactions.

the best part of being at home depot is my co worker the bond and respect you get from your co-worker and manager is really appreciable.
decent temporary work
Lot Attendant/ Garden Associate (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAMay 21, 2015
Pros: good hours, decent work
Cons: low pay
This was a good summer job where I could get a workout and make a little money. The hours were good but it isn't a place I would want to make a long term career.
Exciting and stressful at times
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: lunches and gifts
Cons: Breaks and schedule
Fast paced environment. Co workers are great. At times you might be asked to do a million things at once not knowing exactly what is needed from you.
My 1st full-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great to have on resume'
Cons: store closed down
typical day: clean up or re-stock department in the morning, See if there's any new products coming in my department, check wit my supervisor to see if any changes to the regular my routine, help customers and/or help in different departments if needed
What i learned: how to handle myself in the workforce, how tho deal wit customers of all types and how to take and follow instructions for higher rank
management: helpful
co-workers: helpful and informational
hardest part of job: having to learn something new quickly
most enjoyable: working with people i knew from the community
Best part about my job was the departmen I was in. Everything else was ok but needed more improvement.
Paint Retail (Former Employee), American Fork, UTMay 21, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any at this time.
Cons: Short breaks, poor management, and long unneeded hours for closing.
I would either open or close my department on days I was working. I would gather merchandise for customers and help them find what they were looking for.

I learned how to prepare my product, refine my customer service skills and organize my work space.

Depending on the day management was helpful, well informed, prompt and easy to work with. On other days it was difficult to get ahold of a manager and they were less than helpful.

My co-workers were extremely well to work with and helpful.

There wasn't really anything difficult about the job, but if I had to choose then clean up would have to be the most difficult part of the job. Some days would be really messy but it was never an issue to clean at the end of the day.

Being able to find the right product for each customer and seeing them filled with satisfaction and approval with the product. Always being able to turn an upset customer into a happier one at the end of the visit.
Fun place to work
Garden Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2015
Learned a new craft. I enjoyed the face pace atmosphere. Customer Service was the biggest skill I gained from working at Home Depot.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries