Home Depot
12,384 reviews

Home Depot Employer Reviews

Fun and exciting but, also very professional.
Cashier (Current Employee), Kahului, HIMarch 27, 2015
A day at work is always fun and exciting. My coworkers are always enjoyable and smiling. You learn a lot from everybody. (Coworkers, heads, management.) A lot more fun than what everybody thinks.
productive workplace and family oriented staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: rewards, parties, events
-it's a relaxed and soothing environment

-great customers

-great coworkers

-good mangement

-excellent place to grow professionally in
Friendly place to work
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), San Carlos, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: awards
Cons: no regular schedule
Cashier Job Description Position Purpose:

Cashiers play a critical customer service role by providing customers with fast, friendly, accurate and safe service.

• They process Checkout and/or Return transactions, as well as monitor and maintain the Self-Checkout area. They proactively seek product/project knowledge to provide customers with information and identify selling opportunities.

• They follow all policies and procedures to ensure that shrink is minimized. A Head Cashier will position Cashiers and support them by expediting price checks, approving Point of Sale transactions and markdowns for mainline registers, Self-Checkout, Returns, Pro Desk, Special Services

• They provide first level escalation for customer issues and assist in the supervision, coaching and training of other Front End Associates by participating in the training of new Cashiers and utilizing all available tools to coach and develop other Cashiers.
Great company to work for
Merchandising Execution Team (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Learned a lot about merchandising and met great coworkers who were committed to making the work environment one of the best.
great place to work if you dont plan on going any where in life
met specialist (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: not too much work
Cons: noisy people its like high school
good part time job doesnt really invade into personal life easy job but some of the people are very noisy and all in your life
Productive and fun to work for
Millwork Specialist (Former Employee), Lewes, DEMarch 27, 2015
Worked for Home Depot in Jacksonville North Carolina before moving to Delaware. Nice clean place to work. Good management. Good employees. Transfer was smooth from one store to another.
would never work there again
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
The job is boring and tedious.
If you like lifting lazy people's things all day for them, then this is for you. You'll hardly get any hours for most of the year.
Laid Back Work.
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), Commerce, GAMarch 27, 2015
It would be pretty busy most of the time. I learned a lot. I learned where everything went, that I did not know where things went, how to scan and check to see if we have certain items in the store, or when they will be in. The management is pretty good. The co-workers are basically like family. They like to joke around, but be serious when the work is put first. The hardest part, is when your new at the job, and not for sure where anything goes at first. Most enjoyable, is getting the hang of everything, and making your co-workers and customers laugh or happy with what they need.
Very Productive and Customer Oriented
Since becoming manager of electrical department (Former Employee), Sarasota, FL and Castleton, In.March 27, 2015
Very busy, Non-stop, plenty of work to be done. Very Customer Service oriented. Learned many aspects of the business, both internal and external. Many fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job was accomplishing everything that truly needed to be done. Most enjoyable were the many cookouts and sponsored community events.
Kohls
Store Manager (Former Employee), Flushing, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Long hours, short on resources
I found working at Kohl's' very rewarding. As with any retail company you must be a self starter, self motivated to get done what needs to be done.

Company was less technically evolved than what I was accustomed, but was making strides to improve in that area.
its ok
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), durham ncMarch 27, 2015
its ok... if you like the traveling and long hours for little pay....if the pay was more and the hours were better I would go back
Great place to work with a diverse group of employees.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Delran, NJMarch 27, 2015
I enjoy working at home depot. Your typical day goes very fast as you are always assisting customers. The only problem I have is they don't give you enough hours to work. From what I here from other employees is it takes a few years to get full time wok.
Positive and fast paced environment
Paint Associate / Inventory Team (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Rewarding and positive environment
Cons: sporadic schedule
My job consists of completing daily tasks such as keeping aisles maintained, product stocked, and shelves clean. All while quickly, friendly, and effectively meeting the needs of customers and management. Throughout my time with Home Depot I have learned a large variety of skills such as how to correctly execute home improvement projects, much about many different products, and the marketing aspects of retail. The hardest part would be the low associate to customer ratio. My favorite part being able to help people with their projects.
A great Experience
Décor Consultant (Former Employee), Claymont, DEMarch 27, 2015
Assisting customers with sales and product assessments for their homes,apartments,condos,etc. I've learned the value of great customer care beyond the normal requirement, in order to ensure top quality customer satisfaction.
You are a THD mule
Department Head Outside Garden (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: easy to get hired, as many breaks as you want
Cons: delayed advancement without pay, coworkers nap on the clock.
The hiring process must be very lax, as THD goes through so many workers a quarter. THD hires people who do not want to do work, they simply want to show up and get a check. There is far too much work put into maintaining the store for even one person from each department to slack. Unfortunately its usually only one person from each department doing their job. The burden of maintaining a department and helping customers lie on an individual with a work ethic. This experience will ruin you if you are a hard worker. Your hard work never pays off. Managers say they will move you and train you and help you move up, but it takes 2 years and when you do move up you do not get a raise. It would have been easy to get by like the bulk of the workers but I take too much pride in my work for that attitude. No matter how much I had done in a days shift I was always expected and asked more. I was pushed daily to an exhausting and infuriating point. As my coworkers left the building with stark white unscathed shoes, I was covered in dirt and mulch and sweat.
Not For Me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Miami, FLMarch 26, 2015
Not For Me, co-workers were enjoyable however, schedule flexibility is one thing but outside life was nearly impossible to structure around work schedule
hated it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Cape Coral, FLMarch 26, 2015
I hated this job, I was stuck outside for over two years and was never offered to come work inside, i was often by myself to get all the carts and help customers with loads, rude customers with no respect, i also after two years of marginal raises was making less than new hires when i left
Provide good products and service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, COMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Long Hours
You start out in one of our stores as an associate, but with a demonstrated knowledge and interest in a specific area, plus product knowledge training and individual development programs, you could rise to specialist, department supervisor and into store management. And that’s just one path your retail career at The Home Depot could take.
Dynamic fun envorment while driving sales and production with an interconnected retail enviornment
Department Supervisor (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Team atmosphere, build from within, positive atmosphere, bonus's to all employees, employee stock purchasing plan, benefits, associate discounts
Cons: scheduling and work accommodations
I have spent almost 5 years with The Home depot and I have truly enjoyed it. From the people that I work with, to the customers that come into the store. I have found that building relationships with my customers and peers has grown myself as an individual and with the business as well.

I currently oversee two departments and truly enjoy it. I have built my teams to develop themselves and pursue other routes with the company to further their progress individually and professionally.
Adventuresome and good learning experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), New Castle, PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: no benefits if part time.
Cons: No discount on merchandise and only part time work
Home Improvements if you like it, good company to work for, good benefits, great knowledgeable people, customer service based, need to knowledge and always learning everyday. Just stay away from the Outside sales part of it, travel all over the place with no gas reimbursement or food. Waste of time selling to people that just want to kick tires and just get quotes until next year when they have money. Internally, very good.

About Home Depot

The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer – Read more

Home Depot Salaries