Home Federal Bank Employee Reviews

Great company
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Love all the people I work with at my branch. All the people in HR are great too. The benefits are pretty good. Dental, vision, health, 401k. My branch is my family now
Great Job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
When employed here I was a part time teller. The people i worked with and the atmosphere was awesome, we were a family. The women and men who train you do a great job and allow you to grow into your position.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Only part time work available
Ok place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 15, 2017
It was nice working there just as a part timer you didn't really have any vacation time . The pay was low. The people were nice and I loved the customers.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
Productive, great place to work
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 22, 2017
I loved working with this company. I had a wonderful experience, I loved the co workers and the environment. I would go back and work with this company in a heart beat
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
N/a
Solid place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 2, 2017
It is comforting working for a "home town" bank. You know bavk office employees personaly and have no trouble getting help with problems or questions answered.
Cons
Loyalty is not a factor when promoting ftom within.
Fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 9, 2017
Loved working in the branches at the HyVee stores. Made contact with customers of the bank and HyVee shoppers. Hardest part of the job was working until late weekly and every other Saturday and Sunday so home life was difficult
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Late work shifts and weekends
Goals and Professional experience
SR2 Banker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 23, 2016
Positive atmosphere with advancement opportunities in sales or management. Trustworthy and motivated work environment. I am willing to learn new skills and am adaptable to new programs.
Pros
loyal
Cons
very busy
Day Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 19, 2016
Has a certain amount of fun including TVs in the break room area (it is now Great Western Bank). There are also TVs in the lobby and teller area.
Helping Customers;
Deposit Products Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 18, 2016
Resolve account problems; correct bank and customer errors; answering phones; Computer inputing;

Learned how to research on customer accounts; Learned how to review customer account for kiting; Learned how to balance the branches.

Work well with others.

The hardest part of my job was learning returned items.

The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy and learning all the time.
Pros
Paid vacations/Benefits/ Pay increases.
Cons
Stress
Great company to work for
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 9, 2015
I was a customer service representative, daily duties included but not limited to;

Teller duties
Cash balancing
Customer service
Pros
good overall organization
Cons
? I left due to a divorce and had to move
I was able to advance and learn lots at the bank from starting out as a teller to advancing to deposit manager and processing loans and initiating loa
Teller / Deposit Manager / Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, MNJune 19, 2015
bank hours were 8 to 5 in the end I was a loan officer I enjoyed helping people with there finances. I learned a lot in my 13 years at Home Federal about banking in almost every asset of banking. I worked with women with a lot of the same interests which was nice.. Probably the hardest part was keeping up on all the rules and regulations of banking and keeping everything compliant. Once again my biggest joy of this job was helping people
Pros
The location and being able to help people were probably the biggest pros to Home Federal.
Cons
In 2008 and 2009 when the market crashed made banking very hard
Ten years there, all so the CEO and board members could line their pockets, first when it went public and second when it was sold to Bank of The Casca
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IdahoApril 5, 2015
I learned a great deal regarding the banking industry. I would not trade that. I do wish there could have been more honesty up front from the Executive Team regarding the direction they were going.
I am still a customer there.
Pros
Great learning environment at the time
Cons
Their customer service is not a priority.
Very satisfying work.
Banking, Collateral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 2, 2014
My banking career started in 1997 with Centennial Bank, which was purchased by Umpqua Bank in 2004. Was hired by LibertyBank in 2004, and it was merged with Home Federal Bank in 2010. I have loved working in this industry.
Pros
Good working culture.
Cons
Missed the LibertyBank leadership after FDIC took it over.
Duties, responsibilities, achievements
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 5, 2014
Develop new client relationships, while expanding a portfolio of existing clients with annual revenue in the $1 million to $10 million range. Develop centers of influence to attract new clients, work with four area branches to identify new clients, and pursued individual marketing efforts to identify profitable accounts for the bank. Working with a client's financial information I was able to develop a comprehensive understanding of a client's needs and ability to service the loan repayment based upon trend analysis, collateral valuation, and market conditions. Other duties included maintaining proper documentation, compliance with federal and state laws, and the preparation of monthly reports.

During my two years with Home Federal Bank I assisted my clients by providing a high-level of customer service as they transitioned from Liberty Bank to Home Federal Bank during an economic cycle that was less than ideal. I worked with my clients to insure their needs were addressed timely and accurately. At the same time, I maintained a profitable portfolio of loans for the bank, with less than 0.5% delinquency. Many loan accounts have regular reporting requirements for loan administration; my portfolio was kept current on the receipt and analysis of financial statements as well as reporting to Credit Administration on issues, concerns, or trend changes.
productive, supportive and friendly work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  maryville, tnJune 3, 2014
learned many tasks from friendly helpful co-workers and managers.
hardest part was dealing with occasional nasty customers.
co-workers were team players and very helpful.
Pros
supportive frindly staff and managwers
Cons
pricey medical & dental benefits.
Customer Service Representative Lead Teller
Customer Service Representative Cleveland, OH (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNMay 15, 2014
I would get to work with a positive attitude. Dealing with customers, cash handling, depositing, withdrawing, opening and closing accounts, customer complaints, referrals to open new accounts. The management in my position was wonderful, she trained me and once I got the hang of it the supervisor will always give me a task which I always accomplished. I was always trustworthy. I always worked with my co-workers as a team. Their wasn't anything hard for me in the job because I will always challenge myself to do better in everything I do. I say the difficult thing in a job is not even trying to do nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the service I gave to the customers, they would always leave with a smile.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2014
Great hours, good on education and promoting from the inside.
Pros
Great hours!
Great people!
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 29, 2014
Great people to work with! Its nice when a company hires extremely experienced people to be leaders.
Cons
Merging with Bank of the Cascade
out of date banking
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaJanuary 15, 2014
need to get rid of the outdated system along with the outdated people. catch up to the times of real banking, real customer service. There a reason why this bank been around for years in this area and no one ever heard of it and the lack of customers. NO fraud protection for customer and talk to you like you are a thief when it happens to you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing organized, poorly run branches along with higher ups. very outdated DO NOT protect customers from Fraud
Fun Friendly Workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2014
Continuous learning environment. Flexible hours. Understanding management.