Home Federal Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 9, 2015
I was a customer service representative, daily duties included but not limited to;

Teller duties
Cash balancing
Customer service
Pros
good overall organization
Cons
? I left due to a divorce and had to move
Ten years there, all so the CEO and board members could line their pockets, first when it went public and second when it was sold to Bank of The Casca
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IdahoApril 5, 2015
I learned a great deal regarding the banking industry. I would not trade that. I do wish there could have been more honesty up front from the Executive Team regarding the direction they were going.
I am still a customer there.
Pros
Great learning environment at the time
Cons
Their customer service is not a priority.
Very satisfying work.
Banking, Collateral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 2, 2014
My banking career started in 1997 with Centennial Bank, which was purchased by Umpqua Bank in 2004. Was hired by LibertyBank in 2004, and it was merged with Home Federal Bank in 2010. I have loved working in this industry.
Pros
good working culture.
Cons
missed the libertybank leadership after fdic took it over.
Duties, responsibilities, achievements
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 5, 2014
Develop new client relationships, while expanding a portfolio of existing clients with annual revenue in the $1 million to $10 million range. Develop centers of influence to attract new clients, work with four area branches to identify new clients, and pursued individual marketing efforts to identify profitable accounts for the bank. Working with a client's financial information I was able to develop a comprehensive understanding of a client's needs and ability to service the loan repayment based upon trend analysis, collateral valuation, and market conditions. Other duties included maintaining proper documentation, compliance with federal and state laws, and the preparation of monthly reports.

During my two years with Home Federal Bank I assisted my clients by providing a high-level of customer service as they transitioned from Liberty Bank to Home Federal Bank during an economic cycle that was less than ideal. I worked with my clients to insure their needs were addressed timely and accurately. At the same time, I maintained a profitable portfolio of loans for the bank, with less than 0.5% delinquency. Many loan accounts have regular reporting requirements for loan administration; my portfolio was kept current on the receipt and analysis of financial statements as well as reporting to Credit Administration on issues, concerns, or trend changes.
productive, supportive and friendly work place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  maryville, tnJune 3, 2014
learned many tasks from friendly helpful co-workers and managers.
hardest part was dealing with occasional nasty customers.
co-workers were team players and very helpful.
Pros
supportive frindly staff and managwers
Cons
pricey medical & dental benefits.
Customer Service Representative Lead Teller
Customer Service Representative Cleveland, OH (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNMay 15, 2014
I would get to work with a positive attitude. Dealing with customers, cash handling, depositing, withdrawing, opening and closing accounts, customer complaints, referrals to open new accounts. The management in my position was wonderful, she trained me and once I got the hang of it the supervisor will always give me a task which I always accomplished. I was always trustworthy. I always worked with my co-workers as a team. Their wasn't anything hard for me in the job because I will always challenge myself to do better in everything I do. I say the difficult thing in a job is not even trying to do nothing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the service I gave to the customers, they would always leave with a smile.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2014
Great hours, good on education and promoting from the inside.
Pros
great hours!
Great people!
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 29, 2014
Great people to work with! Its nice when a company hires extremely experienced people to be leaders.
Cons
merging with bank of the cascade
out of date banking
Customer Service/Teller (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaJanuary 15, 2014
need to get rid of the outdated system along with the outdated people. catch up to the times of real banking, real customer service. There a reason why this bank been around for years in this area and no one ever heard of it and the lack of customers. NO fraud protection for customer and talk to you like you are a thief when it happens to you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing organized, poorly run branches along with higher ups. very outdated do not protect customers from fraud
Fun Friendly Workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2014
Continuous learning environment. Flexible hours. Understanding management.
Challenging company to work within
Account Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 23, 2013
Small community bank that is working to overcome many changes over the last few years. Is currently in the process of being acquired by another bank
Pros
work is challenging / not boring
Cons
being acquired by another bank
Amazing concept, poor choice in management.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Home Federal BankNovember 19, 2013
Most condescending and unorganized place I've ever worked. No one followed the same guidelines and rules were often not followed or made up on the spot. The amount of backstabbing and drama that went on was unbelievable. The hardest part of the job was relaying information to customers that had been doing something else for such long periods of time. The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with the customers.
Pros
amazing customers
Cons
cliques, no business/personal seperation, constant belittling
Great team environment.
Sales Associate II (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDNovember 1, 2013
We had a great group at the Dakota Dunes location until they closed our branch in 2013.
Great Place!
Bank Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2013
Loved working here. We always stayed busy. Everyone was very kind and helpful.
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDAugust 31, 2013
Loved the team I work with. It is always busy, I learned patience and how to manage my time as well as large amounts of money.
Great Place to work
BSA/AML/Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  nampa idahoAugust 7, 2013
I really enjoyed working here. The atmosphere and people were all great.
It is a great place to find family in your work environment.
Retail Loan Servicing Manager/Assistant Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 29, 2013
My main focus of my daily job is to manage a team in the Loan Servicing department. I want to make sure that I give them every opportunity to excel and improve in their job role.
I love my job. My supervisor makes it easy to come in each day and know that my opinion is valued. I appreciate the feeling she gives me to let me know that I do succeed at my job and that she trust my judgement and ideas.
The hardest part of my job is the unknown. Every day is different but I use this as positive aspect of my job. I love the change in my daily tasks. I like being able to help out on company wide projects and see them to the end by implementing my ideas on how to complete the tasks in an organized and successful manner.
One of my most enjoyable tasks is creating procedures for tasks. I have written over 100 procedures that are used on a daily basis. It is my way of putting my teaching background into action.
Great place to work but very little room for advancement.
Bank Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJune 21, 2013
Home Federal was a secure stable bank that has been very well ran for years. They had great benefits and offered multiple classes and training sessions so you were able to learn as much as you wanted, but there was hardly for room for advancement after you took them. Although the security of the bank and the work environment was good, the main issue for me at Home Federal was the products and services they offered. There were very few times I could offer a product that I felt would benefit the customer and be in their best interest. Because they were such a stable bank I think the had no need to be competitive with the surrounding banks or update what they already offered. I want something I can be proud of and know that I am offering something that will truly benefit the consumer and also work together with todays technology.
Pros
very laid back atmosphere, great co-workers
Double edged sword
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMay 23, 2013
This company is focused solely on sales. Management will tell you if they don't need it then don't sell it but on the other hand if you don't hit your goals on a consistent basis you will be fired. The goals are completely unrealistic and change on a daily basis making it even more difficult to achieve them. The branch I worked for had three managers and all were on a different page. 2/3 of the management team bullied anyone who was not a favorite employee of the branch. Certain people were singled out on a daily basis, repeatedly pulled in to the managers office and threatened with write ups. I have lost count of how many times I have seen the ones singled out in tears! I even had one of the managers call me stupid right to my face. You are so stressed out that most of the time it made it hard to go in every day.
Pros
met allot of great people both internally and externally.
Cons
poor management, unrealistic sales quotas, unnecessary pressure
alot of responsibility
Fed-Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORMarch 11, 2013
There was alot of responsibility with the job, and the pay was not good. I was underpaid by a long shot. And since part of my job was to correct the mistakes in the branches, I had always hoped they would hire competent tellers, which didn't always happen.
Pros
good life/ work balance-convenient location
Cons
the pay was horrible