Home Goods Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arden Town, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Every thing about this job was great except for the management . there are always mix ups in the schedule. Management the cancelling and switching of shift with out me being informed was almost weekly.
Pros
Advancement. Flexibility
Cons
Lack of balance. Poor management. Scheduling mix ups and changes
Productive and Busy Work Place.
Backroom Processor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be restocking shelves and organizing merchandise. Management was ok , very busy but ok. The work place was great, so much diversity. The hardest part of the job would be memorizing where items go after moving the store around. I really enjoyed working in the backroom, opening boxes and filling up the tanks with new items. Moving really quickly was fun because I was able to show them what I was capable of. I always finished my line first and had time to help other team members with their line if they needed help.
Pros
Home Goods gave every employee a 20% discount and they paid weekly.
Cons
Short breaks, Very unorganized, Hard to find Management when you needed them.
Nice part time job for extra cash.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent part time job. Job advancement is minimal do to years invested in company. Pat rate could be more do to physical and speed demands of the positions there.
Pros
employee discounts.
Cons
management needs to focus on oral communications with employees.
Productive place to work minus the management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 9, 2017
Dillards has poor management but is a good place to work to drive sales and have a competitive workplace. The hours aren't flexible which is perfect for someone looking for a full time job
Lovely workplace
Back Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2017
Enjoyed shipping and receiving
How to load and unload merchandise off the truck and onto the sales floor.
Amazing management team
Good workplace culture
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/A
Not bad!
Processor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33403January 16, 2017
Great place to work. Wish I was to still there. I spent over 8 years working there and was laid off. The only thing I had a problem with was raise in pay. They was slow at giving increases.
A very average place to work
Floor Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
The management there was a bit strict but somewhat reasonable

Hours were extremely low and compensation did not make up for the lost time
Pros
Discounts on furniture
Cons
Low hours
Enjoyable
Customer Service Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 9, 2017
A beautiful place to work. Processing and stocking beautiful household goods, offering your decorating ideas in the store and to customers. Each store is unique with opportunities.Enjoyable environment, co-workers and managers.
Pros
Opportunity to offer share and grow on decorating ideas
Cons
Very few hours and no benefits unless you're above a sales rep.
Fun work place
Cash Officer (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 9, 2017
A good work place with opportunities for advancement and a a supportive staff. The information regarding changes is given in a clear an precise manner and there are lots of small events to thank the employees for the hard work being given
As far as shopping for exotic merchandise this is by far one of the best places to shop.
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Before the beginning of my shift every morning I would hold a team meeting to let my team the number of units for the day and what is expected of them. I learned to run a productive system based on merchandise being processed on a time based scale. I had to reach the goal of no less than 32 boxes per hr including the processing of furniture. I learned to supervise and manage my team effectively. The hardest part of the job was the learning how to accurately achieve the numbers I needed to achieve without the proper training but I excelled. The most enjoyable part of my job was achieving my daily goals with my awesome team.
Pros
cookouts, gift cards
Cons
pay
Fun Working Environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Home Goods is an out standing work place with a management team that never failed to support the loaders. Unfortunately, they only have 2 full time positions available in their back room operations and they do not hire on full time positions.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Not enough hours
ticketer
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 3, 2017
work day is pretty much long in a warehouse....I've learned how to cut boxes open and repackage them. i wish management was more hands on and more helpful to new people. the hardest part was making your mark every night trying to complete 3000 packages in order to keep the job. the most enjoyable part was pay day and break.
Pros
break
Cons
break over
Overall Home Goods can be good company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 9, 2016
Worked with wonderful associates and management.
Trained associates in merchandising and store operations. Engaged customers by greeting and helping them with their selections and purchases. Consistently working out merchandise and enter acting with customers and associates. Moved departments, flexed aisles, and built displays.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation.
Cons
Needed more help.
Good memories
Customer Service Coordinator/ Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Home Goods. This is a company that is growing and growing fast so there is always room for growth. The management was very supportive and there was always activities to keep the staff motivated in our tasks.
Fun work place
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2016
A typical work day would be a fun productive day. Talking with co-workers and customers. We joke around but still get the work that needs to be done, done. I learned how to process store merchandise, also how to work the sales floor and cashier. Along with the cashier, i learned how to open credit/ store cards. Management have their good and bad days. But for the most part they are pretty cool. My co-workers are the best! we all get along so well and have became best friends. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours. I love everything about my job and nothing is super challenging for me but for not getting the hours I need. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my customers happy and having a relationship with my customers.
Pros
Great work place, loving people, easy, and fun
Cons
Not enough hours, managers can be rude at times
Regular department store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be full of reorganizing with back and forth movement. I learned that in a workplace with many different ages, you'll come across many different characters, The management was okay. Nothing too great. You'd be lucky if you find a caring person in that position. Some of the co-workers were unsociable. They'd usually only talk to you if you're around their age group or race. The hardest part of the job was having to lift the furniture if the men weren't around. I enjoyed leaving my comfort zone and learning the basics in retail.
Pros
Free food (sometimes), yearly pay raise
Cons
short days, lifting
i had my ups and i had my downs all together it was a learning experience
Sales/Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 9, 2017
i had my ups and i had my downs all together it was a learning experience i wouldn't have minded staying for the long run if management wasn't changed
Pros
learned a lot things that i never thought of existed
Cons
horrible managers
good management and workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 14, 2017
Typical day at work is normally pleasant and relatively laid back. Teamwork is a huge part of the job. The management and workplace are great. I love interacting with the public.
Home Goods
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2017
worked as a floor associate and did stock work also. It was physical and learned how to do hard work.

I also assisted customers with their purchases on the floor.

Management was always good, helpful and worked with me in any area I needed.
Pros
work environment, management
Cons
min wage and low hours
productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTFebruary 2, 2017
a typical day at work
learned how to really work hard.
the hardest part of the job was lifting up to 100 lbs

i enjoyed working with the people and the managers and the building altogether was great.
Pros
free breaks
Cons
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Goods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8