Home Goods Employee Reviews in United States

Regular department store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work would be full of reorganizing with back and forth movement. I learned that in a workplace with many different ages, you'll come across many different characters, The management was okay. Nothing too great. You'd be lucky if you find a caring person in that position. Some of the co-workers were unsociable. They'd usually only talk to you if you're around their age group or race. The hardest part of the job was having to lift the furniture if the men weren't around. I enjoyed leaving my comfort zone and learning the basics in retail.
Pros
Free food (sometimes), yearly pay raise
Cons
short days, lifting
Fun work place,Management are great!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Get ready to stand and work! The time goes by fast as long as your constantly working and helping customers. The management are all great people! My co-workers are all nice most of them work hard like me. The hardest part of the job is when you have to work on Sundays. I like going to church! The most enjoyable part of the job is when they know your work ethic, they know that your a hard worker so they trust you to do the job right and they compliment you always! From management, co-workers to customers! It's a great feeling knowing they appreciate you and your hard work!
Pros
You get to see all new items coming in! Your managers are great!
Cons
Coordinators should start at least at $11.00
Toxic enviornment to work in, long breaks, low discount
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 21, 2015
As a part of management I would open/close the establishment, train employees, merchandised, cashier, deposits, etc.

Management is about as close to two year olds in full blown tantrums. No one got along for the most part, hardly agreed, spoke down to employees, and took advantage of their authority. The fact that uneducated and often rude people are in management will make anyone not want to pursue a career here.

My coworkers are great, very hardworking and we work together as a team.

The hardest part of my job was being disrespected by management and or completely ignored.

The discount is laughable miraculously covers tax. pay is sad at its best, they over work you and push, push push you until you leave work exhausted and get a sad little paycheck.

They will make you stay overnight (yes overnight), with little notice and schedules are posted around Fridays ( 2 days before new week begins)
Pros
long breaks, easy to grow in
Cons
horible management, very low pay, sad little discount
diversivied place with many unique interesting items
Big Ticket Coordinator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NY and Concord NCFebruary 1, 2016
Homegoods has an excellent management team overseeing a wide diversity of employees from many ethnic backgrounds.. it is fast paced with lots to do so the day passes quickly.
Pros
flexible schedule, approachable management
Cons
salary spread between new and experienced personnel
An active and constantly changing environment.
Merchandising Coordinator/ Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CASeptember 8, 2015
I truly enjoyed the people I worked with and the customer base that I most commonly had contact with. There were opportunities for training and advancement for those who worked hard and took initiative to learn. I worked in and thoroughly learned all areas of the store from mark-downs and receiving to merchandising and beginning management. The most challenging parts of the job were the unstable schedule and staff being undervalued. The most enjoyable parts of the job were working hands-on to fuel store success and creating visually pleasing displays of new merchandise.
Great environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2016
On a typical day I would cash out customers and sell credit cards. I learned how to approach the customers at a different level when it came to selling credit cards. Management and my co-workers would create a great work environment and were very understanding. The hardest part of my job was having to lift heavy furniture alone everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction that I felt when I was able to help my customers and co-workers.
Pros
Understanding managers and co-workers
Cons
Lifting heavy furniture alone and little pay
Work environment is fun. Unfortunately, pay is Extremely low for workload. Supposedly, the company is raising the wages however it is still very low!
Sales/Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 26, 2015
Extremely low wages make it difficult to stay with the company.Like the environment and the merchandise which makes it fun to help customers make decisions about their designs and ideas. On your feet and slaving away through entire shift. Learned a little bit about retail business. Management varies and each have their pros and cons. Would stay with the company if advancement and pay were ALOT better.
Pros
Fun place to work if you like the merchandise. Breaks are decent. Management varies.
Cons
Extremely LOW wages, no benefits unless you are full time, or part-time for 3 years...what a joke.
Overall the job was fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Home Goods was a good place to work but recently they are really short staffed and don't give many hours. Some days I'll be put for three hours while others would have more. I like the people that work and the management but the store gets really busy and they don't have many cashiers. The environment is good and the managers are easy to get along with.
Simple and Produtive
Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2016
Starting work on any day would be refreshing for me. The duties expected from me are simple and easy to. The employees and management are easy going and professional to work with. In my opinion there's nothing actually difficult about working there.
Nobody takes responsibity
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 11, 2016
The management team for the most part is incompetent. They fail to do their jobs and blame the failures on the associates. Truck counts are never even close to what it should be. Unsafe work environment. Myself along with others remain injured do to these unsafe work conditions.
Pros
Fellow associates help each other.
Cons
Everything Else
Learning Experience
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 4, 2016
It was my first time working in a retailer store and I had a really good time there. With great management and co-workers. The best part was being able to start from scratch since it was the grand opening in Leominster, MA.
Pros
Work Environments
Cons
Weekends Shifts
Working part time and seasonal...
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 29, 2016
Working part time and seasonal did not give me a chance for advancement and getting to know the companies. I learned about the inner-workings of warehouses in the retail setting.
Pros
Very much liked my co-workers
Cons
L.L. Bean was seasonal
Productive workplace but very stern style to do things
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be alone. Management is very restrictive. Co- workers are very nice and friendly. the hardest part of the job is working with your managers.
Pros
Free lunch break
Cons
Lonely work
Management is terrible and not well trained
4th Key Manager (Current Employee) –  MandevilleSeptember 12, 2015
In the store I worked at, management was definitely not trained. They put people who have only been a manager for 3-4 months in a store manager position with no other management experience. You basically need to be buddy-buddy with the district manager (our first store manager was) or your dad needs to know someone in corporate (second store manager). When they get yelled at for mistakes THEY make, they put all their anger on us. I could go on and on and on, but I'd be writing a novel. The other stores may be different, but everyone at the Homegoods in Mandeville are MISERABLE.
Cons
Management is rude, under paid for everything you have to do, normally all the men quit so the women have to do ALL the heavy lifting
Excellent work environment.
Floor Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 24, 2015
Excellent work environment. Great management team, flexible hours. Good overall experience. Friendly staff. Monthly awards.
The company had opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Flexible Hours
fun
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work at awesome people work there is great managements great and loving. i love this place and want to stay there forever
Great team members
associate (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Most employees are friendly and fun to work with, however at my location management says they are there to support you and work with school/life scheduling, but lie and make it difficult to honestly talk to them. Scheduling other wise for full time employees is 32/hrs and the discount is only 10% with bonus weekends of 20%. part time employees are 16/hrs or less. Things can obviously be flexible but policy states 32 for full time and no more than 16 for part time.
Pros
short days, fun employees, fast paced working environment
Cons
32 hours is full time, 10% discount, untrustworthy management
Friendly enviroment
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 18, 2016
Very friendly place to work. The pay was not very good. Only minimum wages are paid. This is a great place for a kid who is in college or for an older person to work. The pay is very poor.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Poor salary
family like work place
Sales associate/cashier (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMarch 2, 2016
They have great management they are willing to work with your school schedule. The people that you work with become your family, they are the greatest.
Hard Working, Accomplishments, Productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Home Goods is a well accomplished company that is customer oriented. Employers work together as a family to get everything in tip top shape. Management shows exquisite leadership and delegation skills.