Home Health Depot Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2017
Awesome company, I am very upset that they were sold to Lincare. Loved my job,m and the emoloyees that I worked with. I would have recommended this company to anyone if they had not been sold.
July 10, 2017

This positive review is greatly appreciated, and this sentiment is shared by many of our team members. We take great pride in the work that we did, and we are excited for the new endeavors of each employee that was a member of the HHD family.

Productive and great atmosphere
Employment Cash Poster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
Productive and great atmosphere. Excellent team members and very low stress. Good benefits and great pay. Not a high turnover rate and options to learn many different fields in the company.
Pros
co worker and bosses
Cons
company is closing
July 10, 2017

We appreciate this positive review and are glad that this individual had a positive experience working for our company. We are all saddened to close our doors after so many years of helping so many Hoosiers in need. The great experiences and the impacts that we had on people's lives will remain with each of us.

Not worth it lied about pay
Driver technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
Lied about salary on the resume. No work life balance. Will have to be on call all weekend Saturday and Sunday and on call through the week once a week. Unorganized
June 14, 2017

It is unclear what this individual is referring to in regards to salary. Nonetheless, candidates receive verbal offers and then written offers prior to accepting a position. The work schedule for a delivery tech is challenging as there are on-call expectations, but this too is discussed upfront. In healthcare, patients' needs are not limited to 9-5, so we must be able to respond at various times. We appreciate the dedication of our technicians and their commitment to meeting patients' needs.

mixed feelings
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 28, 2017
I would fill given orders and load them on my box truck. then I would maintain a delivery route. This job teaches about medical equipment and long term care. Management was fair. The atmosphere was laid back, yet with a sense of eagerness to get the job done in a timely manner with exceptional customer service. The hardest part of the job is the hours expected to work at times. The most enjoyable part... would have to be the sense of importance you feel as you provide your customers their needed equipment.
Pros
understanding boss, meet great people
Cons
never knowing the hours u might work in a week
May 2, 2017

We appreciate this feedback. Although only 1 star was given, the comments seem generally positive. The work hours for our technicians can be challenging (which is normal in health care) because the needs of our patients can be unpredictable. We are glad that this individual enjoyed working with our great team members, our laid-back and hard-work environment, learning about the medical equipment industry, and most importantly - having a positive impact on the lives of the patients we serve.

Great People
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2017
There is a lot of turn over in employees, endless change in responsibilities. Pay is good, benefits and vacation time have a lot to be desired. More Chiefs than Indians in this Tribe.
Pros
Great people
Cons
benefits and paid time off
April 14, 2017

We appreciate this feedback and acknowledgment of the awesome individuals here. Every day, our employees are improving the lives of people throughout Indiana.

HHD strives to be a top-notch company. From robust benefits that have remained the same price for 4 years straight, to vacation time and paid holidays, to cookouts, lunch and learns, March Madness, sporting events, etc.

Healthcare is an ever changing industry, and to remain an industry-leader in the DME market, we thrive having team members who are adaptable, collaborative, and committed.

Bad Insurance and No Raises
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2017
The people that work at HHD for the most part are great. The problem is with the company it self and how they treat and reward employees. If you decide to seek employment here I would strongly advise to get as much information on the insurance plan they offer and do a search on the quality of the insurance company. The last insurance we had was absolutely awful. The deductibles were much higher than the year before and the plan carried next to nothing. Plus the customer service for this insurance company was inept to say the least. If you are going to HHD because you need insurance, I would look elsewhere.

HHD does give out a nice starting salary however your salary will never raise. Part of HHD's problem is company moral and when you have employees who haven't had a raise in years, it creates for a tense working environment.

Also ask questions about how big your working space will be. In one of their many cost cutting measures they made it a point to close down one branch and squeeze the people from that branch in with another branch. Needless to say there was no room and people were working on top of each other.
March 27, 2017

We have a great team here and we appreciate this reviewer recognizing and acknowledging that. Our employees do amazing work and make differences in people's live every single day. We work with industry-leading insurance companies and offer medical, dental, vision, free life insurance, add-on life insurance, disability insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending arrangements, 401(k), paid-time-off, holiday pay, on-call bonuses, and so much more!

To Job Candidates: We encourage you to review and ask questions about our compensation, benefits, work facilities, training, and anything else that is important to you. Before you join our team, we want to make sure that it is right for you and us. Keep in mind that we are looking to hire people who do not just seek to gain but also seek to give. It may sound cliche, but it is so very true!

Great sales staff, great experiance
Sales and Marketing Representative (ATP) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
Fine company to work for, great experience with sales team, Give high marks and good referrals to all sales team associated with Home Health Depot
March 27, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate our awesome sales team and the great work that they do.

This is a Really Good Company
Business Admin / Ops (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2015
1. Strong business model with growth and a promising future.

2. In the business of helping people.

3. High-performers are recognized/rewarded.

4. Great coworkers and positive environment.

5. Middle-management needs some work (but they're great people).

6. Work is demanding (positive environment helps).

7. Owners/leaders are pretty cool and personable.

8. Work/life balance and flexibility are good (above average).

9. Good benefits for a small company (plus PTO and holiday pay).

10. Business-casual work attire.

11. Genuine community involvement (not just for publicity)

12. Dispersed facilities feel disconnected (unintentional).

13. Training needs work (esp if you're not a quick/self-learner).
strong work ethic
Billing Specialist (Medicare) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2015
Great place to work CEO is great, pay is decent, fellow employees are awesome. great benefits decent hours and compensation
Pros
salaried postions great benefits employee recognition program
Cons
compliance officer
Stress
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne,INJanuary 14, 2015
Stress was always on this job, Had more than one person telling you what to do, Salesman thought he was more important than anyone else. Instead of training you they will just replace you. Do not care about employees , always something going on to undermind other co workers
Pros
Liked my boss
Cons
Only lunch break was given
Branch I work for is the best job I have ever had.
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 28, 2014
Lafayette branch is great. Management and the employees there are what make it so great.
Great Company On The Rise
Medical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 9, 2013
Home Health Depot is a forward thinking company on the rise. They are a major player in the DME industry and will be one of the few players in the game left standing in a few years. What sets them apart from other companies is their dedication to their customers. The customer is #1.
Pros
Working schedule does provide a work/life balance.
Cons
Down-graded health insurance, Grossly inflated premiums. They no longer make regular contributions to their employees 401k plans.
Challenging and rewarding job serving disable veterans
VA COP Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2013
My role at Home Health Depot is by far the most rewarding job, that I have ever held. Of course it was challenging in that my department had to coordinate all the work done by my firm with the VA hospitals, the veterans, and our technicians, nonetheless the relationships that I developed with all those involved made my work very rewarding.

Every day my focus was making the lives of those in need a little bit easier, and I heard about these improvements every single day. From hearing stories from our WWII veterans to the trials and tribulations of my contacts at the VA, I found each and every day in this position to be fulfilling. Even when the train went off the traciks, I worked with those involved to make right what went wrong.

To be blunt: this position allowed me to prove myself as a top notch problem solver. I say this not because of an inflated ego, but because I treat everyone with the respect that they deserve, and this was the key to any problem that I ever encountered. As a result of the day to day experiences both bad and good, I was truly able to enjoy my job.
Accounting, Controller, CFO
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2013
Cash Management, Projecting cash, managing budgets, Complete financials, Review potential companies for aquisition,Advise management and board of directors, maintain banking relationship.
Cash projections and management is the hardest part of job.
Providing timely, accurate information is the most rewarding, coupled with providing analytical information,
My co workers are knowledable and hard working.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very high stress
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2013
I loved working with the employees and having multiple things on my "plate". But when new management took over this got a little crazy.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no breaks-besides lunch
A very busy and rewarding place to work. Co-workers were dynamic and I miss them greatly.
Documentation Manager and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2012
I loved Home Health Depot, the people I worked with were great and honestly like family. I was in charge of delivery reports, ordering supplies for the whole company including our satellite locations. I was the face of the company and had to direct calls and customers to the correct staff member. A typical day for me was answering the phone, meeting guests and making them comfortable, and meeting the needs of the company.
Pros
great pay and benefits, and a great team to work with.
Cons
short lunches and no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Health Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9