Seeking Licensed Vocational Nurse with reliable transportation in the Cedar Creek (Bastrop) area. Weekend and evening hours, possible hours during standard work-week. Must be able to do some lifting (~70 lbs), but track system is available in home.
· Provide care for medically-fragile young adult with advanced cerebral palsy in a home setting.
· * Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and therapy.
· * Supports patient by providing activities such as reading, taking walks, assisting home-visit teachers.
· * Assists patient by providing personal services, including bathing, dressing, and grooming.
· * Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
· * Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
· * Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
· * Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Licensed Vocational Nurse with clean background check.
To apply: submit resume complete with work history and 2 references.