Home Health United Employee Reviews

deliveries
Delivery/ Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 28, 2017
meeting new people is the best part of my job. every delivery has it's own challenges no two deliveries are the same. getting out and being your own boss out on the road everyday. working out difficult situations to help out the customer you're delivering equipment.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
on call
Not Good
Insurance Change Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2017
Management should be changed all together. They are not nice people, they act like they genuinely care and they really could care less. A job is a job to them and only their personal lives matter. They pay well though.
ok place to work
Medical Coder/Referral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 24, 2017
come in at 7 am get the medical packets from the nurses
and add the icd 9 diagnosis and surgery codes
the hardest part was no advancement for my position
the company picnic and parties were the most enjoyable
Pros
you get to work with some awesome nurses
Cons
pay wages
Home health united
Community Service Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 5, 2017
The job is very fasted paced and our supervisor supports us 100% on any decisions we make. We all work very well with each other. This company has the ability to move up and be promoted fairly quick. I a have learned to be patient and understanding to the clients needs.
Pros
flexible co-workers
Cons
Expensive insurance
Great place to work at.. i love my Job. Being able to drive place to place get alittle break to regain your thoughts.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIJune 19, 2017
Great people,excellent wages..i loved home care. Families were wonderful and caring. I took care of alot of ms patients. Feeding bathing transfers and meds.
Pros
Being to drive place to place. Holidays off
Cons
Too much paperwork
Dead end job with no real advancement
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 13, 2017
Such a negative environment. Departments at each other, dumping work is the norm. Inconsistent with policies and communications. Each office has their own rules. Anytime they have a good employee they are used up and quit. I did have a supervisor that seems to have my back but just burned out with a company that doesn't know what they are doing one day to the next and come up with their own interpretation of Medicare/Medicaid policies that are ridiculous. Health insurance premiums, deductibles, and copay's are a killer, especially when they have a limit on the max raise you can get is 3% and insurance premiums went up 15%.
Great Company!
RN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
Awesome mission and care provided everyday. Great support by management and Senior Leadership. Team work across the company is fantastic. Hard work, some long days, not a good fit for someone looking to do the minimum, it's health care. Feels good at the end of the day.
Pros
Autonomy, friendly and supportive.
Cons
As above, challenges with changing health care cuts and staffing at time.
Competitive environment with some very good, dedicated staff.
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sauk County, WIMay 25, 2017
HHU is a fundamentally good organization with a great mission. They do have some management problems and are fighting for a stronghold in the hospice field against some very strong and heavily funded providers.
I never had tome to chat to see how fun was the place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARApril 15, 2017
I never just hung out around with the office people so I can't say how much fun were they I would drop off my paper work and head out. This was a home health company so I never got close to these employees
Pros
Cons
30min break
Challenging and rewarding position with great management
Home Medical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 21, 2017
I loved working in the showroom at Home Health United. The job was very high pace and challenging. I was never bored and I had a wealth of resources to help me do my job correctly and efficiently. I learned how to communicate with healthcare professionals and insurance companies. I also obtained HIPPA Medicare/Medicaid and third party insurance policies and procedures. I became very knowledgeable in durable medical equipment and can now demonstrate most any durable medical equipment to date. I will forever be grateful for the experience and knowledge I gained at Home Health United. I was well supported by management and my work peers and there was always something to learn. If I did not have to relocate out of the area I would have stayed for forever.
Pros
High pace and challenging atmosphere with lots to learn, extremely rewarding. Many resources and opportunities to advance learning and knowledge of postion.
Cons
High work load, under staffed and pay is not enough for the amount of work you do
Good company with a good mission
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 6, 2017
Wonderful company to work for with exceptional care for its patients. Employees take pride in what they do and the care they give to those patients. The environment is very welcoming and easy going.
Good People, Hard Work
Billing Assistant/ (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 26, 2016
Good people to work with, unfortunately they all are severely overworked. Governmental changes are really affecting the workload and processes of this industry.
Make Better Choices
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 15, 2016
Management at this company is a disaster. They are so catty and gossip about others. It is ridiculous and so unprofessional. When a manager or staff member leaves, they talk poorly of them and even disclose personal information about them and why they left/terminated. Maybe if they spent more time doing their jobs and doing it well instead of this poor behavior, people would not be losing their jobs, but it is easier for them to blame federal cuts then their poor leadership. They do not have morals or values. I am currently looking for another job, and cannot wait for the day to give them my notice, though they don't even deserve a notice to be given. I dread getting up every day and going to that place. They are that difficult to work for. Hopefully the gossip about the majority owner buying out the minority owners is true and they come in and clean house. Stop being so catty and gossipy. No one believes the stories anyways because staff confirms it with the previous employee. If you like the high school behavior, then that is where you should be working. Not in a supposed professional business.
Pros
Location, hours I work, other staff members.
Cons
Ceo, VP of HR, VP of Clinical Services
Poor Management creates Hostile Work Environment
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 4, 2016
Patients and co workers are great. Supervisors and upper management abuse power and retaliate. HR and CEO do nothing when employees bring serious concerns and violations to their attention. High turn over rate. Don't be swayed by "sign on bonuses", desperate companies offer those because honest reviews by former employees alert prospects to what is actually going on in the company. Definitely look elsewhere if you love working with hospice and home health.
Pros
Patients and coworkers
terrible place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2016
Was told would be working 1 weekend per month and it was 2. Poor management, weekend schedule came out with mistakes and last minute- hard to plan around this. Management demanding travel to other offices in bad weather. Incompetent staff. Was told 5-6 patients per day and was always more, schedule constantly changing. No team work, no accountability for mistakes. Poor scheduling department, many other employees on FMLA therefore always short staff in nursing and scheduling.
Pros
self-directed
Cons
over-worked, more travel then expected, high turnover rate of management, low merit increase
Poor Management, low staff morale, long hours
RNCM (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 28, 2016
Don't bother if you are looking for a healthy work environment. Patients and co-workers are great, that' about it. Very low morale with staff because of uppermanagement and supervisors. Company cares more about profit than patients. High turnover of RN's due to long hours, on-call several nights a week and every other weekend, and constant micro-managing. A truly compassionate person would not fit in with this company, look elsewhere. Dont let sign-on bonuses sway you, that shows they are desperate for help.
Pros
Patients and co-workers
Cons
Micro-managing, lack of trust from supervisors, put profit before patients
Exceptional Care
RN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 12, 2015
Love working at Home Health United! Large home health organization with multiple opportunities for career development, growth and advancement. Patient care is a priority as is the training and support of staff.
Pros
Multiple opportunities, great benefits, advancement opportunities.
Cons
As with most health care related jobs there are times one must work off hours, on call, etc. The weekend/call rotation is comparable or better than other organizations I've encountered.
No work/life balance
Home health nurse hospice (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 1, 2015
Nice coworkers, nice to have 1 on 1 time with patients and familiesStressful work environment at times, long hours, no work/life balance. Management overbearing and hypocritical. Pay and benefits so so.
Pros
Great coworkers and patients. Independence.
Cons
Hours, pay, management
High turn over with unhappy staff
Therapist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 28, 2015
Poor company to work for, employee dissatisfaction rampant. Unequal treatment of staff with obvious favorites. Impossible to get approval for continuing education and in services only focus on making more profits for the company and "partners". Very little respect for employee feedback.
Best part of working at HHU are the coworkers when you have a chance to see them. Worst part is upper management and supervisors with little clinical experience.
Pros
Nurses and therapists want to do what is right for the patients.
Cons
Hard to get time off, oppressive policies and procedures that decreases efficiency of staff.
Friendly co-workers
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 25, 2014
Nice to walk into my department where the co-workers are nice, friendly, and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Health United. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8