Home Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,258 reviews matching the search
It's a nice environment with nice people
delivey driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2016
I deliver medications to adult care homes in different areas. I work with many different people both old and young. A lot of the people that I meet are very friendly and have good hearts and their passion is to help people however they can and that is very awesome to me!
Pros
I can use my own vehicle
Cons
I have to pay for gas out of pocket
Aging Parents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 19, 2016
Cared for aging parents until mother's health declined so they had to move into a retirement community. Took care of financial transaction, bill paying, online baking, ect. Arrange and attend doctor appointments. Managed and refilled medications.
Hope Network
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2016
This is a caregiving facility. Great company, room for advancement. longevity, multiple positions. several work locations. Great Co workers and flexible work schedule
Pros
Advancement
Cons
No management relationship
The company was small but comfortable to work. Management created a warm environment for the staff.
Visiting Nursing Service of New York (Former Employee) –  Coordinating the care of patientsJuly 14, 2016
I work as a Nursing Supervisor.
A typical day at work includes the morning meeting where plan of care for patients is discussed.
Secondly a tour of the units i am in charge of for the day.
A report form the floor nurse and visit with patients. Problem solving,communicating with MD re critical patients. Advising floor Nurse on care of critical patients and others. Admissions and discharges for the floor. Staffing of Nurses.
decent pay. decent clients
Aid (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 13, 2016
company worked well in the beginning but new staff made lots of errors resulting in bad checks being given. hours depending on what clients needed and what was approved. requires lots of patience,
A great way to bring jobs to those who need them.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJuly 12, 2016
A typical day involves delivering in-home health services to our adult and elderly clients. I look forward to this everyday.
Home Care loving place
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 11, 2016
Assisting the elder clients with feeding. bathing, changing ant etc. Cleaning for the client and showing compassion and leadership also doing activities/exercise to keep the client uplifted.
Interim Health Care -- I like the people and the Company
Interim Health Care Home Health Aid/Companion (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with the Company -- They had training for their employees. It was a flexible work schedule. I liked the people working in the office, they were very helpful.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Sometimes not at home
nursing assistant
Private duty (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 7, 2016
taking care of patients cooking,cleaning,bathing,help with shopping.making sure patients are happy.making sure patient eat bath
Self-employment has been rewarding.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2016
Working with different agencies, personnel and cultures has been invaluable. The personal freedom is great; however an enormous amount of self-discipline and time management are required.
Pros
Flexibility and scheduling of time
Cons
No benefits, Limited Work Security
Enjoy work enviroment
Patient Care (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work. I Learned how to act fast and control situations due to personality changes of patient. Build a great relationship with patient.
Pros
Flexible scheduale
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun quite place to talk and learn information from the elder
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2016
I ve learned about home health is being patient is a must,reason saying is my resident is a older male and his bones doesn't work well like my bones,I do like that hes a nice quite drama free type of guy.Hardest part about the job is when i go grocery shopping and i call to verify if he wants the stuff he put on the grocery list and he changes his mind also transfer him from wheelchair to bed isn't easy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Beautiful home and wonderful children
NANNY (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 6, 2016
Always made breakfast and lunch and did multiple chores while also getting the children to do their chores as well. Field trips were weekly to all sorts of different places to get the children up, motivated, and all that energy out. Both of the parents made me feel right at home and part of the family. I really enjoyed that I could also have a great summer and do things while also being paid to hangout with some very smart and well behaved children. The hardest part of it all was probably to get the two kids to agree on doing something all together.
Poductive work place with great people
Home Health Coordinator Thatcher Brook Home Health (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 6, 2016
Answer phones, put all the nurses information for patient into computer system, made files for new patients, filed nurses notes and visits in files. Talk with patient and families about accounts, did billing to all insurance we participated with. Notes for bi-weekly meeting about patient progress. I think the hardest thing about this job was the computer system used to bill with it was more complicated and tons of steps just to bill a claim. I enjoyed the ladies I worked with they were great women. I enjoy working collections it is like being a detective and so rewarding when the claims are finally paid.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Never got a break and lunches were always cut short
Care Giver
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Anton, COJuly 6, 2016
This job was the hardest I have ever had. You had to do all the work for one individual, from bathing to cooking. It was also the most rewarding to see the differences you make.
Working in private health care can be difficult with the lack of benefits.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 30, 2016
There was no typical day at this job. I can in and usually helped my client get out of bed, take medications, do breathing treatments, cook breakfast, assist with personal hygiene, balance all check books, mail any letters or payments, go grocery shopping, do laundry, lunch and dinner, give the client bedtime medications, document my day and hours, set up medications for the next day, and go home.
There was no management positions. This was a private home health for a friend of the family. It was just the client and myself. Occasionally his family. There was also no co-worker, but I did run him to his medical appointments, set up medical appointments, ER visits, and hospital stays.
The hardest part of this job would be the fact that it has no benefits such as PTO, vacation, or sick leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you helped another person do what they are no longer capable of doing because of health issues. It makes life a bit better for them.
Pros
Not too many pros with this job.
Cons
No benefits
Clients were a joy to work for!
Residential Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 29, 2016
I really liked working with my client on a day to day bases, being able to just talk to him and listen to what he was feeling or going through gave me peace of mind. I truly enjoyed taking care of my client’s needs, assisting him with wake up, bathing, dressing, preparing his meals and helping him do his physical activities. Even on my days off I'd rather spend my time with my client. I loved my job.
Pros
I was able to spend lots of personal one on one time with my client, and I was able to be there for the family when my client passed.
Cons
Negative family members
a fun compassionate company
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 29, 2016
arrive assist to bathroom, bathing, assist to chair, make breakfast, medication set up reminder. did dishes,companionship.. chores done. assist with ambulation, assist to bathroom. made lunch.
Pros
some free lunch
Cons
alot of physical work
Fun work place
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2016
I love working with elderly , I love knowing that I can make there day better by helping them.
I feel there is nothing hard about what I do , only thing would probably be lifting dead weight everything else I love .
Nice Place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
Bathing , Dressing, Exercising, Grooming,  Laundry, Toileting, Transfer, Housekeeping,  Skincare/Hair care, Meal Preparation, Escort  Shopping, Medicine, Walking  Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists

4.2