Home Health Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,277 reviews matching the search
Workplace was pleasant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2016
A typical day would be for me is getting my patient up and started on her day. Seeing my patient every day that is what made my day, What I have learned was you have to love your job,your face might be the last one that they see if and when they are having a bad day have a ear to hear so dont take anything personal . Management was on Key.
Taking patients' temperature, blood pressure and other vital signs
Answering patient calls. Book keeping, taking patient to and from doctor visits,
Documenting patients' health issues and report to nurses
Feeding patients, measuring and recording their food and liquid intake
Cleaning rooms and bed linens
Helping with medical procedures
Dressing wounds.Never take anything for granted that im put here on this hearth to help people and be a blessing to those that are in need.
Fun workplace, always enjoy working with elderly people.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved waking up my patient in the morning, helping them get dressed and then make sure they eat and take all medications needed throughout the day. Take them to any doctors or physical therapy appointments needed. Assist with all/any of patients other needs.
Pros
Learning so much valuable knowledge from my elders and hearing amazing stories of life, love and death!!
Cons
Patients passing away, long hours
Recreation Time
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2016
I love to see the residents standing or sitting enjoying the sound of music. Their smiles were priceless. When family would visit it made the resident have a much better day. The company encouraged family and staff collaboration for ways to improve the quality of life for each resident. The hardest part of the job was losing resident, No matter even if as a nurse you know death is near when it actually happens it still effects you, The most enjoyable part of the the job is when all the staff worked together to accomplish one goa, and that is to make the residents as happy and comfortable as can be. Be very nice to your co-workers but also let them know tat the safety and giving adequate care comes first I do what management asks of of me they are my bosses and i respect the relationship very much.
Poductive work place with great people
Home Health Coordinator Thatcher Brook Home Health (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 6, 2016
Answer phones, put all the nurses information for patient into computer system, made files for new patients, filed nurses notes and visits in files. Talk with patient and families about accounts, did billing to all insurance we participated with. Notes for bi-weekly meeting about patient progress. I think the hardest thing about this job was the computer system used to bill with it was more complicated and tons of steps just to bill a claim. I enjoyed the ladies I worked with they were great women. I enjoy working collections it is like being a detective and so rewarding when the claims are finally paid.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Never got a break and lunches were always cut short
Caregiver
Caregiver for William Carden (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoyed the position of being a caretaker. A typical day required me to wake the client, assist to the bathroom, prepare breakfast, wash dishes, assist the client in bathing, helping them get dressed, watching favorite television shows, doing puzzles, listening to their stories, taking them for car rides or doctors appointments.
Preparing lunch and dinner, doing laundry, giving night time medications and putting client to bed.

I have learned that it takes a great deal of patience, compassion, understanding, empathy,sympathy and time management skills working as a caregiver.

The hardest part of this job is not being able to take away their pain whether it be emotional or physical.

I enjoy working as a caregiver because it gives my life purpose knowing that I am needed.
Pros
Companionship
Cons
That I couldn't take away their pain.
productive and busy work place.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Milford, PAJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be taking patients to their appointments and/or shopping for essentials needed for their homes and hygiene. I would have liked to learn more about health care but it was pretty basic and common sense for the most part. management was great and very understanding. there really wasn't much interaction with co-workers because I went from house to house, from patient to patient. my job wasn't hard it was actually very easy going. At times patients were a little difficult but that was expected. my most enjoyable part of the job was taking the patients out and them enjoying their day.
Pros
flixible hours
Working in private health care can be difficult with the lack of benefits.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 30, 2016
There was no typical day at this job. I can in and usually helped my client get out of bed, take medications, do breathing treatments, cook breakfast, assist with personal hygiene, balance all check books, mail any letters or payments, go grocery shopping, do laundry, lunch and dinner, give the client bedtime medications, document my day and hours, set up medications for the next day, and go home.
There was no management positions. This was a private home health for a friend of the family. It was just the client and myself. Occasionally his family. There was also no co-worker, but I did run him to his medical appointments, set up medical appointments, ER visits, and hospital stays.
The hardest part of this job would be the fact that it has no benefits such as PTO, vacation, or sick leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you helped another person do what they are no longer capable of doing because of health issues. It makes life a bit better for them.
Pros
Not too many pros with this job.
Cons
No benefits
Loved my clients
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, INDecember 22, 2015
I never had a typical work day, I helped my clients with every day life skills, bathing, dressing, cooking, running errands, taking them to the doctors, doing light housekeeping, ect... I learned so much about life, and how to deal with lives little discrepancies. Management was much to be desired. They sat behind their desks while we were out in the field working, and when we needed their support for something we usually got the response of I'm sorry but what can we do! That was one of the hardest parts of the job, the other was when you lost a client do to them going into a nursing home or to death. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that you were doing something for someone and being appreciated by them.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
management
dependable & always on time, very personable, 0 absences
Overall management (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MIAugust 19, 2016
I believe that if you accept a job offer that you commite 110%. Do what I am ask to the best of my ability. I have learned that you make work as hard or comfortable as it can be. Never had problems with working with management or co-workers & the hardest part of a new job is getting to know everything that is expected of you. The most enjoyable part of a job is being recognized for what you accomplish and interaction with the people.
Pros
helping a customer solve a problem right away
Cons
no resolution per programs that you use
Beautiful home and wonderful children
NANNY (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 6, 2016
Always made breakfast and lunch and did multiple chores while also getting the children to do their chores as well. Field trips were weekly to all sorts of different places to get the children up, motivated, and all that energy out. Both of the parents made me feel right at home and part of the family. I really enjoyed that I could also have a great summer and do things while also being paid to hangout with some very smart and well behaved children. The hardest part of it all was probably to get the two kids to agree on doing something all together.
Clients were a joy to work for!
Residential Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 29, 2016
I really liked working with my client on a day to day bases, being able to just talk to him and listen to what he was feeling or going through gave me peace of mind. I truly enjoyed taking care of my client’s needs, assisting him with wake up, bathing, dressing, preparing his meals and helping him do his physical activities. Even on my days off I'd rather spend my time with my client. I loved my job.
Pros
I was able to spend lots of personal one on one time with my client, and I was able to be there for the family when my client passed.
Cons
Negative family members
Wear and tear on car.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New Haven, INDecember 3, 2015
Work short or long hours. Travel continuously. Caring for consumers of short period of times. Paid every weeks. No benefits but gas reimbursement. charting is electronic.
Pros
get paid every week. gas reimbursement, short hours, caring for those in need. different consumers.
Cons
no benefits, on call, traveling a lot. Hardley days off. no overtime.
Friendly caring place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAFebruary 18, 2016
Working with several clients a day, providing essential daily living care. Ranging from companion, cleaning to transportation and bodily fluids. Management can become confusing with more than one supervisor. As well as daily work hours can range from zero to forty, never steady. However, being able to care for those who are in need can be fulfilling and enjoyable.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
Unreliable work hours
The company was small but comfortable to work. Management created a warm environment for the staff.
Visiting Nursing Service of New York (Former Employee) –  Coordinating the care of patientsJuly 14, 2016
I work as a Nursing Supervisor.
A typical day at work includes the morning meeting where plan of care for patients is discussed.
Secondly a tour of the units i am in charge of for the day.
A report form the floor nurse and visit with patients. Problem solving,communicating with MD re critical patients. Advising floor Nurse on care of critical patients and others. Admissions and discharges for the floor. Staffing of Nurses.
Productive, quiet and relaxing workplace.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Old Town, FLMay 31, 2016
Typical day of work would be to go to a residential home. Patient has things they may need assistance with. Light cleaning, light cooking and companionship. A signed paper with completed activities noted was turned in, once a week, per patient. I enjoyed meeting new people and building a personal relationship with them as well. My last patient had a sudden death which was very unfortunate, that was definitely the hardest part of the job. Management was great, no co-workers for in home health care. Usulaly 12 hour shifts.
Its was fun workplace with the patient at their home.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2016
experient working with senior.
i have learned how to be patiant to the older people and others.
i was managing cooking and dressing up, take a walk, showering, medication time lastly but not least make her smile tell stories.
My hardest part of the job was cooking food because i did not knew what her favor food was until 3 month.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking walk and make her hair calm.

They were good people.
Pros
nothing was free
Cons
i did not had breaks
A place that requires love and patience
Home Care Services (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMarch 22, 2016
Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
Pros
Picked my schedule
Cons
Invading peoples space
Taking care of my Mother
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 1, 2016
I just wrote a review for this position. I enjoyed taking care of my Mother. Handled all her medications, administered them to her. Cooked all meals, did the laundry, bathed her, transportation to and from the doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc. I take life more serious since she passed away. I know what real love is like. I'm a people person. I will help anyone who needs my help. My Mom was my driving force behind me achieving my degree.
Pros
I got to spend more time with my Mother.
Cons
She passed away 2010.
Fun quite place to talk and learn information from the elder
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 7, 2016
I ve learned about home health is being patient is a must,reason saying is my resident is a older male and his bones doesn't work well like my bones,I do like that hes a nice quite drama free type of guy.Hardest part about the job is when i go grocery shopping and i call to verify if he wants the stuff he put on the grocery list and he changes his mind also transfer him from wheelchair to bed isn't easy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
I enjoy Stickering bar codes for the useful boxes
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Newburg, MOApril 14, 2016
A typical day there is I work Part-time I am currently a Senior and high school and graduate in less than 15 school days. We deal with recycling boxes, what can be recycled and what is in bad shape and cannot be reused that needs to be thrown out. I forgot to also put in here that we work for pet shops we make boxes of cat food and dog food also kitten food all in cans. I have learned so much and what everyone there is like and got to know a lot of new people some were very nice and some were so disrespectful I just learned to let them say how they feel without me saying anything back. My co-workers are all hard worrkers and work to the best of there ability at the speed that they can work at. I think the hardest part of the job is unloading the Walmart trucks full of all unuseful boxes and having to carry all of them to the trash area. I always liked working in the area working with the pet foods. I also enjoyed stickering the bar codes on all the useful boxes as well.
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
rude people you have to just let them be that way

4.2