Home Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search
Private hire Home Health
head care giver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 11, 2016
I started taking care of this gentleman in 2015. I was in charge of ALL his daily needs. cleaning, cooking, feeding, until he was bed ridden. after that, he became less moveable and and i had to take care of his trachea, feed him through a tube, and help him with any other needs. The hardest part was learning to read his lips because he could not speak. the most enjoyable times were when we would laugh together. being bed bound, wasn't fun. he passed in April of 2016.
Pros
rent free
Cons
24/7 care
easy going job no benifits
SELF DETERMINATION PROGRAM FISCAL AGENT (Current Employee) –  Oakhurst, NJMay 31, 2016
straight pay, no raises, but the job is easy to manage and enjoyable. a typical day includes cleaning the dishes, floors and doing laundry, preparing meals and assisting wit errands. the level of care varies with who hires you. this job is not thru an agency but rather thru insurance or welfare.
Pros
gas money, easiness
Cons
no benefits, no raises
Home health Aide
I enjoyed it (Former Employee) –  Greenlawn, NYJune 3, 2016
It was a good job, I enjoyed helping seniors and making sure that all of my clients were well cared for.

I ensured that all meals were prepared, and all clients were safe clean and happy.

It was occasionally demanding, as clients would sometimes feel that they were entitled to certain things that my service didn't provide, but on the whole, it was a great job.
Excellent HomeHealthCare Agency
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fraser, MIMay 4, 2016
I enjoy providing great care for my patients. I am very impressed with the management team of Fraser Agency. I am very proud of the owner as well. My co-workers are very helpful and phenomenal. The hardest part of my job is getting close to patients who pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is building strong relationships and providing a better quality of life for my patients.
a work place that I could excel in and grow.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCAugust 12, 2016
I really love a job that I feel I have a place to advance and grow. These jobs offered me that and when I had to leave I really missed them. Especially the hard work, It keep my mind busy and made the day sail by.
Pros
growth in company
Cons
poor management in charge of company
Nice Place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
Bathing , Dressing, Exercising, Grooming,  Laundry, Toileting, Transfer, Housekeeping,  Skincare/Hair care, Meal Preparation, Escort  Shopping, Medicine, Walking  Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists
positive
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLAugust 16, 2016
taking care of patience who can no longer do the basic life essentials necessary for themselves helped me gain my patience and help me to become more settle. to know that i was making a difference in someones life who felt like they had no one put a smile on my face.
Pros
able to make a difference
Cons
n/a
Productive and Rewarding
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXApril 25, 2016
Being a caregiver to an immediate family member is one of the most important and rewarding jobs that I have ever done. It gives me a chance to bond with the family member, and also spend time at home with all of my family. The hardest part of the job would most likely the pay cut, and the benefits, but these precious moments with the family can never be replaced.
Pros
Family Time
Cons
Healthcare, and Huge Paycut
Self-employment has been rewarding.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2016
Working with different agencies, personnel and cultures has been invaluable. The personal freedom is great; however an enormous amount of self-discipline and time management are required.
Pros
Flexibility and scheduling of time
Cons
No benefits, Limited Work Security
Making sure the patient is safe, provided the best care.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 1, 2016
Working hard to get the job done in timely manner, getting alone with co-worker, Co-Operation with the supervise. making sure that job is done proper, making your job enjoyable by doing it correct and working as a team.
Pros
getting to work on time.
Cons
asking questions, to make sure job is done proper.
Interim Health Care -- I like the people and the Company
Interim Health Care Home Health Aid/Companion (Former Employee) –  CTJuly 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with the Company -- They had training for their employees. It was a flexible work schedule. I liked the people working in the office, they were very helpful.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Sometimes not at home
Productive and collegial work environment
RN Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waconia, MNApril 19, 2016
A typical work day is performing home care visits with 4-6 clients daily, performing duties such as; medication set up, wound care, IV site care, laboratory draws, coordination of interdisciplinary services, notification to medical providers of condition changes, health promotion and community resource acquisition.
Pros
flexible patient scheduling
Cons
driving time
Bayada is a great company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 31, 2016
I love my job! Every client is unique and has different individual skill needs. Working with children with special needs has taught me patience, understanding and I learn as much from these amazing kids as the learn from me!
Fun workplace, always enjoy working with elderly people.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved waking up my patient in the morning, helping them get dressed and then make sure they eat and take all medications needed throughout the day. Take them to any doctors or physical therapy appointments needed. Assist with all/any of patients other needs.
Pros
Learning so much valuable knowledge from my elders and hearing amazing stories of life, love and death!!
Cons
Patients passing away, long hours
home health care
Aide (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
i think its the perfect anytime job. you can get full or part time hours depending. must have your own transportation. no benefits at all. i like my management but i do feel like one of the numerous amount of bodies on staff.
Pros
flexible hours when availible
Cons
no benefits
Assisting patients in need of help
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2016
I love to stay busy and I enjoy moving around. I dont mind working with a team if needed. The hardest to thing to deal with on a job is finishing too fast and having nothing else to do. I enjoy leaving the patients comfortable and satisfied.
Able to make my own hours of work.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 2, 2016
Busy days are the best . I enjoy the interaction withe Patients. Doctors and family members. I care about the patients and customers I service. I have a strong Customer Service background.
Pros
Patients and Customer are happy with the assistance I provided.
Cons
Wishing that more could be done to make Patients in pain comfortable.
busy office with different Doctors
care provider (Former Employee) –  Kerman, CASeptember 13, 2016
open up office in the mornings. make appointments with proper Doctor. Insurance verification pulling files for next day appointments. collected co-pays from clients, entered new patients information, prepared patient charts.
Taking care of my elderly parents is an obligation I gladly accept
Elderly Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 10, 2016
This is a necessary function and I prefer having my parents with me instead of assisted living. It is an honor to take care my dad and mother-in-law.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Does not provide outside income
My overall look on my career
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me is making sure that whatever I sat out to do on the clock that day must get done,and more if possible. I learned how to be the best at what I do when it comes down to Home Health I love working with giatrics beacuse it's so much you could learn from them and in order to appreciate that type of occupation you have to have A passion for it. My grandmother was A nurse so I was always with her at different nursing homes and the seniors loved me then! So of course they love me even more now. There's still A lot that i have to learn but i'm so willing and driven and I learn very fast

4.2