Home Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,435 reviews matching the search
Home Care Agency
Senior Home Care (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 1, 2016
First position in a new state. Well run Home Care agency. Good learning experience dealing with somewhat different guidelines. Pleasant staff and coworkers. Travel was more than I was accustomed to in previous positions.
Pros
Good learning experience in a new community
Cons
Difficult commute
Home Care
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 15, 2017
You are responsible for caring for individuals with mental disabilities. You must be trained in CPR First Aid. You are responsible for passing medications on each shift. You are also responsible for transporting to and from work shop as well as doctors appointments...etc
Great experience
Home Care (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of supervising client in their homes ensuring they work on their goal to complete.
I have learned to be patient as well as knowledge of certain disabilities. Co-workers are very helpful when it comes to meetings at Manhattan office, they help you by answering questions. In my case I honestly can say I never encounter a hard time during my years at the company. The company has always informed me about any changes and as well give raises without even asking. They look out for the client as well for their employees.
Pros
Raise
Cons
Cases in queens
Bsom
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 13, 2016
Working for the Baltimore School of Massage was one of the greatest learning experiences I could have been involved in. I was subjected to the ins and outs of what it will take to continue my career as a massage therapist, in a comfortable and enjoyable setting.
Pros
Great co-workers
Very Productive
Coordinator/ Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 25, 2017
Start the day programing to wich town i will be working. The day required to speek with diferent kind of people. I give orientation to diferent peoples also groups. I visit different towns during mi hours of labor.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2016
Supports patients by providing service housekeeping and laundry and other household requirements,preparing and serving snacks,running errands.Assists patients by providing personal services,such as,bathing,dressing,and groomong.
Pros
Cons
able to care for the elderly
Great work place
Positioning the resident (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLFebruary 1, 2017
It was a wonderful experience and i appreciate every bit of moment i was working there. If you are looking for a job that gives you the freedom to choose your schedules, then you are looking in the right place.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
The Villa (Former Employee) –  Conneaut, OHDecember 15, 2016
Working with an amount of residence I loved. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients because they're loving and very sweet. I learned a lot working with most of the residents and the administrative also my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No cons
Caring for seniors
Patient Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 3, 2016
• Assist in daily life activities bathing; face washing/ hair washing, and changing patient from bowl movements/urine
• Dressing patient/grooming
• Transferring patient from bed to wheelchair using gate belt
• Meal preparation and feeding
• Administration of medications, recording times , and side affects
• Patient vital assessments
Stable and diverse company
Health Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Each day brings new challenges. You work with a diverse workforce and represent the company in all that you do. You must be flexible and willing to work hard. If you perform you will be recognized and rewarded. Travel benefits are outstanding.
Billing Specialist/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXNovember 9, 2016
I performed a Quality Assurance check on patient charts to clear them for Billing. Making sure all appropriate documentation was included in chart and signed by physicians.
I scanned in patient documentation and employee information to all departments on daily basis.
A type day at my previous job!
Community options (Former Employee) –  South Side, SCOctober 18, 2016
A typical day at my previous job would be cleaning, cooking, taking clients out for an outing, going grocery shopping and giving medications. What I learned at my job is how to be more patient, how to be more understanding, never less that even though my clients have special needs they're human beings just like us. The management at my job I would say was unorganized in some ways but with me being a person that takes initiative I was able to manage and make my work environment a safe place. I would say some of my co-workers were not very enjoyable to work with but there were some who made our work day very enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was when my clients would get aggressive with staff, but the most enjoyable part that really effected me the most is when our clients expressed how much they truly do appreciate what we do!
Pros
agressive clients
Cons
Clients appreciated us working with them
A very nice place to grow and work.
Private Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 7, 2016
It allowed me to make a decision that helped change my life, which brought me hear today. Also, realizing that I already had the gift of helping people and the love of doing something that motivated me.
Pros
Clean place
Cons
Nice enviorment to work in
Easy and fun to do
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Take care of patients and their needs. Be attentive and accountable. There is no hardest part of the job because everything is common sense and just like taking care of someone and being clean. Watch TV, eat and being clean are the best parts of the job
In Home Care
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 18, 2017
A pleasant and educational place too work. Enjoyable patient and busy daily chores, appointments, finances and household duties. I would recommend this type of job to anyone in the Medical field.
Pros
Pleasant place to work
Cons
Short breaks, no health insurance
I enjoy helping others who cannot help themselves. If i can do something to benefit others, i will. I learn not to take what i have for granted.
Jevs Human Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Even if i am having a personal problem, i will not let it affect my work. I work my hardest to achieve every task given to me,
Not terrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OH 45662December 27, 2016
While this is definitely not a career, it is a nice place to get started. This company was wonderful and allowed me to work while going to school full time. Flexible schedule. Friendly and helpful staff.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
distance
Great until corporate changed heads
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed my patients, co-workers and supervisors. Unfortunately, everything changed once corporate heads turned colder and decided to treat employees and patients like cattle.
Pros
DECENT BENEFITS, HEALTH INSURANCE
Cons
CORPORATE HEADS
dependable & always on time, very personable, 0 absences
Overall management (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MIAugust 19, 2016
I believe that if you accept a job offer that you commite 110%. Do what I am ask to the best of my ability. I have learned that you make work as hard or comfortable as it can be. Never had problems with working with management or co-workers & the hardest part of a new job is getting to know everything that is expected of you. The most enjoyable part of a job is being recognized for what you accomplish and interaction with the people.
Pros
helping a customer solve a problem right away
Cons
no resolution per programs that you use
Not bad
Aide (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 7, 2016
Not bad, overall; can be dull sometimes, usually repetitive; hours can be cancelled at a moment's notice, but you can usual pick up more if needed. As many/few as you want, provided you're available during the times needed; as a student (full-time, during business hours) this was sometimes a detriment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2