home healthcare

home healthcare Employer Reviews

Medical Records
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: extra hours, overtime
Cons: looking for the files, in doctor's offices
A typical day at work was data entry, multiple phone lines. Filling. Out going with the co-workers. Working together with other people.
Great advancement on learning more in all aspects of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Hatboro, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits/good co-workers and pharmacist. fast paced environment
Cons: far travel daily to hatboro, pa. from bangor, pa.
This job allowed me to work in different departments, travel for training purposes for use of Long Term Care Pharmacy software. Really enjoyed the ability to work in other areas of the Pharmacy daily, which included working on the Pharmacy floor as a Technician assisting the Pharmacist with our daily and monthly orders, Inventory and ordering of stock daily. Training the Pharmacy Staff on how to use the new software that I had previously worked with which in turn allowed me to learn other aspects of the Software myself by continuing to train with Softwriters on how to appropriately use parts of the software that I was not familiar with before. During my employment I had the opportunity of learning another software which was QS1. This job provided a great learning advancement for me, I enjoyed learning the installation of both programs, as well as Multi-tasking in whichever department needed help. This was a Private Pharmacy and had a really Good fast paced Staff that all worked very well together.
Great Experience
Caregiver (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free wisdom, patience
Cons: job security
Much like what I am use too, a typical day at work would consist of one on one time with a 60 year old stroke victim . Everyday my goal was to let her know she had a life worth living.
Good
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Loxley, ALNovember 5, 2014
Pros: acquired knowledge & experience i couldnt obtain any other way
Cons: very attached and difficult when patients died
Very emotional and difficult but learned a great deal. I acquired a great deal of experience and knowledge that I would not have otherwise obtained through any other position
It was wonderful to take care of my client and help him with daily needs.
Home Healthcare Worker (Former Employee), New Berlin, WINovember 4, 2014
Pros: the schedule fit with my home needs too.
Cons: some days had no breaks but that's the line of work this is.
A typical day was taking care of this gentleman's needs from grocery shopping to making him smile and feel good on a daily basis. I oversaw a small team of workers for his 24/7 care prior to going to a nursing facility. The hardest part of the job was seeing a once robust man needing help for some of his basic needs. The most enjoyable part was companionship, getting to know him, and making his days sunnier.
A good learning experience
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Melrose, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working from home, making my own schedule, being my own boss
Cons: being on call 24/7
As my first delve into the healthcare field this position was challenging. There was a lot to learn initially. I think my organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail are the key things that got me through the tough times. Now I feel very at ease with all that this position entails.
nasty nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Georgetown, SCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: gift cards and luch
Cons: too many patients for one cna
I loved my co-workers and patients. They made my days go by very quickly and we had fun. The front office staff was all about themselves and never about the patients. They only cared when Dhec came in and we made everything look good so they wouldn't get fined.
Na
Caretaker (Former Employee), Mickleton, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I took care of my grandfather for years and while it wasn't fun or easy by any means. I did enjoy doing things with him and cooking and everything eles that goes with it.
Stable hours.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: overnight work at times.
Hours never changed, work wasn't too dificult, satisfaction knowing patient was well cared for.
Working with the elderly
Personal Care provider (Former Employee), DenverOctober 7, 2014
Pros: you never had the same day twice
Cons: getting attached to a patient and that patient passing away
Enjoyed working with the Elderly people. With the Patients having Alzhimers and Demantia you never knew what your day was gonna bring
Love caring for the patient
home healthcare aid (Former Employee), pierson, fl.September 23, 2014
This was a great job and help me experience the healthcare career.
very hard and stressfull.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: got to be with my boyfriend
Cons: watching him suffer in pain.
waiting on him at all hours of day and night. having to deal with a different personality whenever he woke up. The fact that he was my fiance did not help situation.
Personal care for my mother
(AIDE), SELF-EMPLOYED (Former Employee), Enon, OhioSeptember 4, 2014
I assisted my mother with all activities of daily living, to include meal preparation, bathing, grooming, toileting, doctor appts., transporting to Dialysis, and comfort companion. The hardest part of this was losing my mother.The most enjoyable was, being able to have quality time with her. My experience with this has sparked my interest in getting back into the healthcare field, and to further my education in this field.
Enjoyed working with and helping people maintain their independence to some degree.
(Freelance), Individual Clients, Charles County MD (Former Employee), LaPlata, MDAugust 8, 2014
Pros: knowing i was part of what contributed to each of his remaining days being positive, comfortable, and enjoyed at home.
Cons: his health was fragile and i knew he would eventually depart this world.
A typical day at work included interacting with the client in conversation, reading the local newspaper to him, preparing his meals, administering his medication to him, assisting him with getting dressed, and provided him with a nonjudgmental, encouraging, and motivating daily experience. We would sometimes walk around the yard or sit on the front porch. I learned that elderly people want to be helped in a manner that does not make them feel like they are a burden. They want companionship and social interaction while demonstrating their independence to the best of their ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was making a positive impact on my client. However, the hardest part of the job was when he died. He was an interesting man that I enjoyed assisting.
Clean, safe and stress free environment
Home Healthcare Provider- Volunteer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to help patient achieve a speedy recovery after surgery as well as maintain bills, health and household
Cons: short term and non paying
The most rewarded part about this job was that I was available to help a dear family friend that treated me like family. Pleased to be of service in this time of need and was told daily about how well I was doing and that I was greatly appreciated.
Home Health is my calling!!!
Interim Healthcare (Former Employee), Newark, OHJune 2, 2014
Pros: life lessons i have learned
Cons: no benefits
I would take report from outgoing nurse and then perform my assessment on patient. Since I was only working with one patient, I was able to give all of my attention to him. This said patient was unable to walk, talk and toilet on his own. I would then check to see if he needed to be changed and cleaned. He also required passive range of motion on all four extremities and frequent turning. I learned so much from a person who did not speak a single word to me. My co-workers and I would document to each other in a notebook what we observed, our concerns or any upcoming appointments that he may have. The hardest part of the job was seeing a young man in this state when others his age are running, playing sports or simply walking. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be the times when I would get a smile or even a chuckle out of him. It would make my entire day!
NICE JOB ENVIROMENT
Live-in-sitter (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMay 21, 2014
Pros: comfortable and easy work enviroment
Cons: mostly the clients have really poor health and job isnt guarenteed
A TYPICAL DAY WOULD BE ME ARRIVING AT THE HOUSE AND GETTING THE CLIENT OUT OF BED AND TAKING HER TO THE RESTROOM IN ORDER TO GET READY TO EAT BREAKFAST, WHICH INCLUDES WASHING HER FACE AND CHANGING HER DIAPER. ONCE THOSE THINGS ARE DONE I WILL FEED HER THE BREAKFAST THE PREVIOUS WORKER HAS LEFT FOR THE NEXT SHIFT. I WILL ALSO GIVE THE LADY A GLUCOSE TEST TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT HER SUGAR IS HIGH AND IF IT IS I WILL EITHER GIVE HER A GLUCOSE PILL OR INSULIN SHOT DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER ON THE METER. AFTER THOSE THINGS ARE DONE I WILL WALK THE LADY INTO THE LIVING ROOM AND WATCH TELEVISION WITH THE CLIENT FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE DAY FEEDING AND CHANGING HER THROUGHTOUT THE DAY UNTIL MY SHIFT IS OVER.
HOME HEALTH CARE
Also served as team leader (Former Employee), Saint Joseph MichiganMay 10, 2014
Pros: everythings.
JUST LOVED EVERYTHING. Worked with all different types of people, was able to work my own hours and take patients with me if need be.
Productive and oraganization
Receptionist/Clerk (Current Employee), Madison, TNApril 23, 2014
Arrive at work at 8:00 am to answering phones, writing checks, for clients, oversee the financials books, and filing.
Postive work experience.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2014
A typical workday included one-on-one personal and medical assistance through prescription administration, vital signs checks, medical follow-up care, nutrition support, daily encouragement or counsel in positive manner, family support and Hospice interaction. This was a growing personal and professional experience, since it was a totally new work environment. The hardest part of this position was experiencing the degeneration of health within an individual during span of last year of life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the reward of meeting the need of an individual one-on-one and knowing you have made a difference.

1 2 3 4