home healthcare

home healthcare Employee Reviews

Good hours with unstable pay circumstances
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Park Forest, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: Set your own hours
Cons: No vacation or PTO
Being a homecare worker has been a plus for me since recently having a baby. Homecare workers are a high demand, but the pay is based off of politics, which is expected when funded by the state. The job is quiet easy and can be made fun.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going to different offices daily
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Unsupervised, great work balance with personal life
Cons: No stability, hours aren't guaranteed
Retrieve medical records from different doctor's offices for Medicare Advantage, receive records from EMR systems,goes onsite to electronically export medical records to laptop.
Encrypted Flash Drive – uses state-of-the-art encrypted flash drive technology to securely save medical records from any EMR system.
Print to Scan – In some cases security protocols do not allow access to their EMR, in this case I go onsite and print the desired documents from the EMR and manually scan them.
great place where i get to utililize my nurturing disposition
Assist elderly patients (Current Employee), Alsip, ILJune 9, 2015
Glad that i get the chance to build a relationship with my client. I love that i get to take care of people here and the patients allow me to do so.
Unprofessional
Scheduler- (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJune 1, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything.
This Company is unorganized and is not professional, treats their employees very bad. Does not give raises, nor any type of bonuses, or benefits. The CEO/Owner is very hard to work with.
excellent!!!!!!
DOULA BIRTHSISTER (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
i REALLY LOVED THIS JOB, IT WAS THE MOST INTERESTING THING THAT I HAVE DONE IN ALL MY LIFE. WORKING WITH MOTHERS TO BE AN THE NEWBORN CHILDREN WAS GREAT. FOLLOWING THEM THROUGH OUT THEIR PREGNANCY AN AFTER. I WAS SORRY TO SEE THIS PROGRAM END
Great salary; great assignments
Registered Nurse (RN), per diem (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule and opportunities to increase payout
Cons: Multiple sites = inconsistent travel assignments
This agency offers great flexibility and great hourly pay. It also offers great incentives and opportunities for overtime. The facilities are nice and very appreciative of the services you provide. Great staff and great peers.
I enjoyed working for one family for a long period it was a good experience.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Felton, DEMay 10, 2015
Pros: I worked for a GREAT family. I was able to help her and it was fullfilling
Cons: No insurance, I was on call 24/7. Just very hard when a patient passess
I worked in the patients home. I did love it and loved my patient I am a very outgoing individual. I enjoy laughing. Keeping a positive attitude is very important. I keep a smile on my face and always started my work day with a Good Morning and gave my patient a big hug. I was with this family for a while. My patient was like family. Therefore, when they pass away, you loose a family member. I think of her everyday and I am so happy that I was able to make her smile when I know she was not feeling well. I am not interested in doing Home Health. I do miss working with co-workers and Doctors. But would not change this wonderful experience for anything.

(It has asked me to Rate Home Health Care so this is for that position only)
Enjoyable clients and enjoyable company
Interim Home Healthcare (Current Employee), Erie, PAMay 6, 2015
I currently work with a pediatric client on an everyday basis. We work on all activities of daily living, as well as motor skills and hand eye coordination.
OK
INTERIM HOME HEALTHCARE (Former Employee), GahannaApril 20, 2015
Pros: Taking care of Clients
Cons: getting close to a client and they die
Performing ADL's on a day to day basis, keeping the clients needs in mind as you help them stay at home and be independent.
Productive and Educated position
Healthcare Coordinator / Rep, Nurse On Call (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Marketing to physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, assistant living facilities, network meetings, reports, presentations on services my company offered. Wrote up referrals on patients, followed patients once admitted in the hospital, followed up on orders from the physicians.

I enjoyed meeting and talking with different people daily.

The hardest part is the challenge of meeting those required referral numbers.
Medical Records
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: extra hours, overtime
Cons: looking for the files, in doctor's offices
A typical day at work was data entry, multiple phone lines. Filling. Out going with the co-workers. Working together with other people.
Great advancement on learning more in all aspects of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Hatboro, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits/good co-workers and pharmacist. fast paced environment
Cons: far travel daily to hatboro, pa. from bangor, pa.
This job allowed me to work in different departments, travel for training purposes for use of Long Term Care Pharmacy software. Really enjoyed the ability to work in other areas of the Pharmacy daily, which included working on the Pharmacy floor as a Technician assisting the Pharmacist with our daily and monthly orders, Inventory and ordering of stock daily. Training the Pharmacy Staff on how to use the new software that I had previously worked with which in turn allowed me to learn other aspects of the Software myself by continuing to train with Softwriters on how to appropriately use parts of the software that I was not familiar with before. During my employment I had the opportunity of learning another software which was QS1. This job provided a great learning advancement for me, I enjoyed learning the installation of both programs, as well as Multi-tasking in whichever department needed help. This was a Private Pharmacy and had a really Good fast paced Staff that all worked very well together.
Great Experience
Caregiver (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free wisdom, patience
Cons: job security
Much like what I am use too, a typical day at work would consist of one on one time with a 60 year old stroke victim . Everyday my goal was to let her know she had a life worth living.
Good
Home Caregiver (Former Employee), Loxley, ALNovember 5, 2014
Pros: acquired knowledge & experience i couldnt obtain any other way
Cons: very attached and difficult when patients died
Very emotional and difficult but learned a great deal. I acquired a great deal of experience and knowledge that I would not have otherwise obtained through any other position
It was wonderful to take care of my client and help him with daily needs.
Home Healthcare Worker (Former Employee), New Berlin, WINovember 4, 2014
Pros: the schedule fit with my home needs too.
Cons: some days had no breaks but that's the line of work this is.
A typical day was taking care of this gentleman's needs from grocery shopping to making him smile and feel good on a daily basis. I oversaw a small team of workers for his 24/7 care prior to going to a nursing facility. The hardest part of the job was seeing a once robust man needing help for some of his basic needs. The most enjoyable part was companionship, getting to know him, and making his days sunnier.
A good learning experience
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Melrose, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working from home, making my own schedule, being my own boss
Cons: being on call 24/7
As my first delve into the healthcare field this position was challenging. There was a lot to learn initially. I think my organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail are the key things that got me through the tough times. Now I feel very at ease with all that this position entails.
nasty nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Georgetown, SCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: gift cards and luch
Cons: too many patients for one cna
I loved my co-workers and patients. They made my days go by very quickly and we had fun. The front office staff was all about themselves and never about the patients. They only cared when Dhec came in and we made everything look good so they wouldn't get fined.
Na
Caretaker (Former Employee), Mickleton, NJOctober 15, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I took care of my grandfather for years and while it wasn't fun or easy by any means. I did enjoy doing things with him and cooking and everything eles that goes with it.
Stable hours.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: overnight work at times.
Hours never changed, work wasn't too dificult, satisfaction knowing patient was well cared for.
Working with the elderly
Personal Care provider (Former Employee), DenverOctober 7, 2014
Pros: you never had the same day twice
Cons: getting attached to a patient and that patient passing away
Enjoyed working with the Elderly people. With the Patients having Alzhimers and Demantia you never knew what your day was gonna bring

1 2 3 4 5