Home Helpers Employee Reviews

Fun and Rewarding place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 27, 2017
Home Helpers of Burlington is a great place to work! I am a single mother and the office staff made a lot of effort to accommodate my schedule and understood when I needed time off to take care of my children. I like working with all of the different clients and bonding with them and their families. I've worked at a few other home care agencies and liked the higher pay that home helpers gives. They also started offering more paid training and travel time between shifts over the last year.
Pros
Flexible schedules, insurance, 3rd shift premium pay
Cons
No PTO, the office calls frequently
Fun place to work.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 26, 2017
My typical day, would be providing personal care and companionship to my clients. Running errands, Doctors appointments ,some cooking ,housekeeping.

What I have learned. Is every clients needs are different and their personalities are not the same.

Management Team. They are awesome and always willing to help you in anyway they can. They treat you like family.

Workplace Culture. I feel the office setting is nice and clean. The office staff is always dressed professionally. I think the positive attitudes of staff is a plus. Overall I feel they run a productive but fun loving environment.

Hardest part of my job, is when a client passes and you have to say goodbye.

The most enjoyable part of my job: Meeting different people and getting to know them and their families. Just giving them the peace of mind , that I can maybe make a difference,
Pros
We receive gift cards for going the extra mile.
Cons
No Health Benefits or paid vacations or sick time.
Stressful job
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
This company in the beginning seemed to value their clients and employees very much. However, when two of their office people quit, the value of both clients and employees declined.
Pros
The ability to choose your schedule.
Cons
Under staffed
Great place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OHApril 23, 2017
Great place to work for. Very flexible with your personal schedule and cares about your needs and wants. Management is great and they care. Not really any hard parts of the job. Going to a clients house and doing what they need done and just also given them that companionship that they might not be used to getting.
Client's always made your day.
Caregiver/Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAApril 15, 2017
I had the opportunity to care for a gentleman for over a year. I looked forward to meeting with him everyday and helping him in his daily activities. Even though I do not work there anymore, I still till this day keep in touch with him. The connection that I made with this gentleman wouldn't of been possible if I did not work at Home Helpers.
productive
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
loved working here. my hours were flexible and fit with my personal life. I received as many hours as I wanted and the management office was very nice and helpful;
Small company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2017
Management could improve, small company with little potential for advancement.
As with any home health care agency, there is a lot of turnover with caregivers resulting in office staff working excessive hours.
self owned
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAApril 10, 2017
I like the job but the owner just started the company and didn't have a lot of patients and is now going throw some things with the company that I think she will no longer be starting back up
Pros
Great boss and patients
Cons
Just started
Productive and fun work enviroment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 4, 2017
I get to work with my best friend, so I really enjoy this job. I get to take care of kids AND animals all day. The hardest part of this job is probably chasing around a two year old.
okay
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 30, 2017
Work is okay pay not so much. I like helping the elderly and making sure they maintain there independence. Some people are more capable of doing things for themselves and you are just there for companionship
I met a variety of people under incredible management.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDMarch 20, 2017
In this job I was able to meet a variety of new people and was under great management. I really enjoyed taking care of the clients I worked with. The management was incredible and I really enjoyed working in this type of environment. I enjoyed the company and the communication with the clients. I think that it was a great place for me because I got to converse with others while still working.
Pros
Communication with clients, great management
Cons
graveyard shift, long hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Scottsburg, INMarch 19, 2017
I love my job, even though I wish it paid more. The people I work for are so sweet and so nice. They really work with you if something goes on. I love my clients as well.
Great place to work if you enjoy helping others
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIMarch 17, 2017
I loved my clients they were sometimes tough specially dealing with their family members but if you enjoy helping others that truly need and deserve it it's a great job. Wages need to be better tho.
Pros
Helping people that need it
Cons
You get attached quickly and you can lose a client at anytime
fun workplace
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 10, 2017
It is a nice place to work they are very good with working with hours and good with helping get clients and treats people with respect and have many options for people.
Unproductive
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 7, 2017
Don't work for Home Helpers if you want a actual life!!!!!! But if have no life job is perfect!!! But is good to get one !!!@@@πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒManagement is extremely poor including franchise owner !😣
Pros
Can make friends
Cons
Have no real life of your own
Job schedule is on you
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAMarch 2, 2017
This is the type of job that lets you build your own schedule. Can be good for people in school or new moms. Downside is that they are almost always short and will call you all hours of the day to get you to work.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no benefits
LOW pay even if you're certified, rude management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Media, PAFebruary 20, 2017
they only pay $10.00 an hour for experienced CNA's.They beat around the bush for raises. the office staff works and schedules employees off of their feelings, poor communication, no opportunities for advancement. I would only recommend doing this as a side job, as the hours are not stable.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
LOW pay, no job advancement, poor communication
Its a job
PRN (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Seems like the company is making alot of money but nthe cna get the short end of the stick they charge their clients at least $20 and hour the cnas rarely make half of that even though they do all the work
productive, positive work enviroment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45202February 13, 2017
During my time here I was fortunate to meet various different people from different backgrounds. I enjoyed the time I spent with this company because it allowed me to sharpen my customer service skills as well as my problem solving skills.
Flexible place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 10, 2017
main duty is to assist the clients with their everyday activities.
Companionship and mental stability is a huge factor for our senior citizens health.
Pros
easy to work with home health
Cons
no breaks or benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Helpers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9