Home Helpers

Home Helpers Employer Reviews

fast pace
Caregiver (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: always stayed busy
opening open the café and getting to know and meet different people
working with great people lots of team work. I would cover breaks
work either in the coffee shop making expresso drinks or working in the main cafeteria.
bad job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), LandsdaleJune 13, 2014
don't get enough hours
always get cancelled
management is alright
good place to work
home (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJune 4, 2014
nice plcae to work and friedly environment.good co-workers and good management.
meeting different people
Caregiver (Current Employee), Mequon, WIJune 3, 2014
Pros: good part-time job
Cons: when you lose your client due to passing away
You go into work and have good conversation with the clients while you help them in their home.
Overall good company to work for
Caregiver (Current Employee), Hinsdale, ILJune 2, 2014
Cons: not alot of days available to work
Good management. Good to CNAs and professional office. Clients are matched with caregiver skills
Great teamwork
In-home Caregiver (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORMay 23, 2014
The support system was not very good, they were very unorganized, unfriendly, and not a business I would ever want to work for again. I am extremely glad I got of there.
Cares more about money then clients.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 5, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: getting attached to clients, low income, low hours
My typical day at work would mainly be doing light housekeeping for my client as well as preparing his or her meals and making sure they took their medications on time. Occasionally I escorted my clients to various appointments and ran errands for them when needed. The management quality really varied by which client was being dealt with especially – more... if the client was "private pay". The hardest part of the job is not getting the hours promised to you when your hired. When I was hired I was promised 40+ hrs a week. My average weekly hours were 15. But what I enjoyed the most were helping my clients and seeing how much they enjoyed my help and just spending time with them and giving them company. – less
Caregiver
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Drexel Hill, PAMay 2, 2014
Pros: work independently as a traveling nurse and companion; good pay and bonuses
Cons: gas prices keep going up.
I loved working with Home Helpers. The scheduling department helped me choose a schedule that worked for me, as I am a mother of a special needs child. Flexibility is key for me, and Home Helpers was able to give me what I needed.

I also loved working "on Call" on the weekends. In this position, I received a bonus and picked up cases that may have – more... been a problem due to a call out by another caregiver.

Usually I worked independently, but their were case where we had 5 girls working in one home. Communication was important for continuity of care. All the caregivers were dedicated to what we were doing in health care, which makes working easier.

The hardest part of the job for me is lifting patients who have had a stroke or are paralyzed and not able to move. I have been doing this type of work since 1990 and I am not the bodybuilder I was at age 33.

The most enjoyable part of being a caregiver is being trusted to go into peoples homes and care for them. I have loved working independently and with integrity, and the relationships I have shared with my clients have impacted me in a profound way. – less
Franchise Sales Consultant
Franchise Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Montgomery OHApril 26, 2014
Pros: pay can be good if you are successful
Cons: greedy ceo, no job security
You work in an office or remotely. It is a telemarketing job, but the leads are "warm". The culture is "what have you done for me lately.
Productive and very energetic workplace, easygoing
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: per diem, live in care, easy to deal with everyday advantages
Cons: having to leave my client
early mornings were a breeze prepare breakfast for my client, go for an early morning walk with client, Sit on patio and read for 30 minutes. prepare lunch or go out for lunch. distribute medication in a orderly and timely fashion.
Personally Rewarding positin
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2014
Pros: made my own hours.
Cons: had to use my own vehicle, wasn't reimbursed for fuel.
Provided home care for bed ridden adults/senior citizens suffering from Alzheimer's and dementia. Very challenging most days, but had full support from family members.
Fun job.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAApril 17, 2014
I loved this job. I love helping people and being there just to be able to make a person smile. I would help with everything varying from administering medications to bathing.
Love the work itself, but too inconsistent
Caregiver (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAApril 17, 2014
It is a pleasure to work with such kind people and to have the sweetest clients. The work itself is enjoyable to me, as I love helping people and enjoy the elderly. The issue is the schedule. One week it's 40+ hours, and the next it could be cut in half. This is not meant for someone who needs a consistent, full time job to make ends meet.
Very productive and interesting
Caregiver (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: having a good time w/clients at the pool or when going to the movies
Had difference shifts.AM wake my clients up and would get three of my clients ready for school,day programs and if they had a Doctors appt. My other three client would stay home with me prepared lunch
and would do outdoor activities. When my client came back from school,would them them ready for dinner and after that get them ready to bathe or showers. – more... 10:00pm is bed time. While they are in
bed did my cleaning. for the next shift. – less
OVERALL
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great nurse works for home helpers
iT WAS A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE, DEALING WITH MOST OF THE PERSONS AND THEIR FAMILIES, MEETING AND LEARNING NEW FRIEND
Aide home helper
Home Aide (Current Employee), California City, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new clients and helping other
Cons: leak of hours
Helping in home with care giving, cooking, cleaning, bathing, errands, medical transportations, etc.
nice clients. it's a good place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 12, 2014
The day would consist of going to a clients home and helping that client do what they wanted. Anything from moving a client form chair to chair to giving the clients rides in the car. you will need patience for so clients because they are not as mobile as others but over all a good experience.
Helping Others In Their Homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Lansdale, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: helping the elderly
Cons: hospice patient
I enjoyed going to my client's homes and helping them out with their ADL's, every day chores.

The sad part was seeing some of my hospice patients pass away, but the good thing was being there for the families.
followed a care plan set up for the client and report on completed tasks.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: your made to fill like part of the family.
Cons: when you no longer see their smiles and watch the families tears.
Working with Home Helpers allowed me to support seniors and people with disabilities living independently in their homes along with their pets, that needed some assistance with daily tasks. That person to person contact in my job was very important to the client and myself. We at Home helpers had great team players which allowed steady hours that were – more... very flexible to accommodate personal/family needs. Being a Home helpers caregiver is a great entry level position with opportunity for growth in one of the fastest growing industries in the United States. And the hardest part of this job is when you lose a client because of their health and nothing can prepare you for that day but you good because your know as their caregiver that you were a part of the family and that you did your best in your position. – less
working in homes
Aide (Former Employee), Parkersburg,WVFebruary 11, 2014
cook clean and do laundry. Helped with everyday needs. It was alright but there could have been better people running the office and doin the scheduling.

1 2 3 4 5