Home Helpers Employee Reviews

Loyal fun place to work
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 24, 2018
The company itself can be a bit much but what job isn’t. The clients are outstanding, their understanding, and supportive. Great atmosphere to learning and build your skills daily.
Pros
Open case management
Cons
Switching patients too much
Loved my client poor management
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 15, 2018
Loved my clients. Still friends with some. When you can't make it due to ice and stuff or can't go due to being sick cause you don't want to make an 81 year old with a very poor immune system sick and they throw a fit then instead of even firing you or anything they just take you off schedule it's bad. They have no compassion for their workers as long as the money is coming in. All of my clients complain about the company and Brittany.
Pros
They have done wonderful clients, easy and fulfilling job
slow paced job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  lancatserFebruary 15, 2018
It is okay but not receiving hours that i need and was not given every other weekend off like i was told from the start. I love it but i need more hours.
Great starter job
Certified Nursing Assistant /Live in care giver (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILFebruary 15, 2018
When I came to this company I had not had my CNA license long but it was a great way to experience what its like to take care of someone. I liked working with my patient though the family can make it hard.
Fun place to work for
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 13, 2018
My days were preparing and caring for the residents I had daily. I enjoyed my job working with seniors. I treat them as if their my own parents with patience and love. Managers are great, the hardest part was me leaving my residents. They were all a pleasure to work with.
Pros
You can work many hours
Fun clients.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 6, 2018
Home helpers is an ok place to work if u like to travel to clients homes. I had 1 client for a year and a half and he got sick and had to go to the veterans home.
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Traveling from one place to another
Helpful management
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866February 6, 2018
Flexible with scheduling and hours variety of shifts available
Close jobs to home or within all areas
Good connection and information about clients.
No nice way to say this
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 30, 2018
This is more of a position for new to no experience needed. Pay is lower than any other home health business. No reasonable health insurance coverage. No reasonable earned paid vacation or leave. And no room for advancement.
Its very disheartening when you work hard for no recognition ever.
Positive, supportive work environment
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 30, 2018
Home Helpers has been a very positive employer to work for. They are very good at working with me on scheduling, and balancing work with life. The pay is pretty decent and the work itself is very rewarding.
Pros
Paid time off, other benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Somewhat inconsistent hours
It was a nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAJanuary 27, 2018
It was a nice place to work. I could work the hours that were available to me. Received mileage for travel to and from the building and the clients homes.
Good on call work
Senior Care Foundation (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with clients and the option to accept certain assignments or not. The types of clients were very diverse which made work interesting.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unpredictable schedules depending on client needs
I loved being able to help the elderly.
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I loved helping the elderly and this job lets you make your own hours and travel. Being a caretaker is so rewarding in its self. They also pay your mileage which is great!
Pros
Great hours, paid lunches
Cons
Not enough communication about clients and loss of hours
Horrible, management rude and doesn’t pay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  WVJanuary 19, 2018
Short pay checks all the time. No notice upon shifts. Rude management, all about money for self doesn’t care for employees or clients. Would not recommend at all no no one to work here!!
Pros
Paper badge with your picture.
Cons
Too much to say.
fun work place
Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAJanuary 16, 2018
its a nice place to work. They are nice and Respectful to u. when u help them out. But when u dont help them out its a different kind of kindness. Good job, It has nice clinets
love my clients
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Batesville, INJanuary 15, 2018
love my clients but is getting harder to work the hours i want because lack of employees,. They were pretty good about it before working with your schedule but now a new person is handling and isn't very cooperative
i love this job . and the people I work with . I need to make more money and I need benefits.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 12, 2018
go to clients home . help them with bath ,getting dressed . go shopping for them . i learned I need to make more money . its a get place to work everyone is helpful and friendly . cleaning toilets . work with people.
Pros
working with people
Cons
no benefits
well balanced
Companion Care (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJanuary 8, 2018
if you love working with elderly without the medical part you will love this job. Your jobs entail taking someone to the store or shopping for them, taking them to the doctors, a little cleaning or cooking, a lot of the times you are there to just be a presence so they are not alone.
Pros
listening to the old stories, making someone smile, and just being helpful
Cons
Productive place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJanuary 8, 2018
A Typical day would be you need to be ready for any thing that comes your way, when working with Dementia patients nothing is ever the same. You must be very understanding and calm. The hardest part is when you try to sooth them and nothing works for them. The most enjoyable part is being able to make there day.
Pros
Learning so many things about thier life they lived.
Cons
When losing the person you became so close to.
What i learned
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 7, 2018
This job has been good do me i learned a lot of how to work with others and i loved it. The kids show me how i can be a better person. And they help me get through the day with their smartness and jokes! I just loved it!
Great management.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work, wonderful management and very flexible with scheduling. I enjoyed working with them and dealing with such great supervisors and coworkers and clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Helpers. Our community is ready to answer.