Home Helpers Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible Company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 18, 2016
Horrible company I recommend you not to ever go here for employment I had orientation and everything I had the job but they never called me for any clients. So what was the point of me going to orientation then?
Pros
Cons
No hours, beat around the bush
A good place to work that is compassionate about providing quality care to senior citizens in their homes
Admissions Nurse (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SC 29360May 12, 2016
A typical day at work for me is to admit the clients into the program and try to identify any needs that the client may need that has not been taken care of by the Community Long Term Care case manager. One month after the admission, I will do a follow up assessment to see if the caregiver is satisfactory to the client and if there needs to be any changes made. I enjoy working with seniors and knowing that they are being well taken care of makes my heart feel good.
Pros
Staff is passionate about providing quality care to seniors
Cons
The job for me is just PRN
Cleaning H.Myers!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Park Forest, ILMay 11, 2016
Basically I learn how to take care of my patient in a fast way but very clean way. I had to wipe her before i pulled her underwear and pants back up. I put on some gloves, grab my wipes and the cream for her bottom. As the co worker lift her up, I wiped her from front to back until she was clean and with different wipes. Applied the cream where the read was and pulled up her underwear and pants up.
Pros
Everybody nice, Love the patients
Cons
Not enough patients, not enough money
Small Company, Family owned, Great people.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 11, 2016
Being able to work in a field that I was passionate about. Loved that my superiors were always available. Unfortunately there was not enough clientele to remain actively working.
Pros
Diverse of clients, various diagnosis, various prognosis.
Cons
Not enough clientele to remain actively working.
great in home company
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZApril 11, 2016
they lady that hired me on was so amazing I'm not sure there was anything that women didn't do for the company. They always have clients however a lot of them are short little two hour shifts. recently they seem to have more clients then caregivers. the owners are also fantastic very personal and hands on. the owners attend the meetings when they have them and know everyone. I worked for them for three years and when I lost my job I called the owner she remembered me and had me at work the next day.
Pros
owners and clients are very nice
Cons
a lot of driving and pay isn't always great
good place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Scottsburg, INApril 4, 2016
worked with people in their home, took care of personal needs, I had to keep my own documentation on every patient I had. I had to keep files on each patient and document back to my supervisor.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
turnover was high on patient ratio
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 28, 2016
Home Helpers is a very good place to work. I always feel I have the support of upper management. It is my first "not for profit" position. I like the fact they do things that fits the needs of the community regardless of the income potential.
working with my client
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2016
days at work are great and easy
I learned how to interact with my client dealing with disabilities
Management are always helpful and understanding
my co-worker are great team worker and helpful
hardest part and when clients have a bad day
most enjoyable is when I get to participate in doing things with my clients
Pros
Participating in all activities
Cons
some clients are uncontrolled when they are angry
Productive work place & fun
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIMarch 15, 2016
Very different from facility work, more one on one client care. management is great, very helpful with flexible scheduling. most enjoyable part of the job is being to take clients on outings.
Needs Upgrade to Schedule system
Caregiver Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 2, 2016
The only issue is the scheduling system it needs an upgrade you still have to keep a record of your time versus the system time there is no access to review actulal worked hours, other than bothering a staff person for this information the they need an explanation.
Pros
A Weekly Schedule
Cons
Every other week pay/ No show of actual Hours worked
Waist of time and gas
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 19, 2016
I agree with most of one star reviews. You never will get more than 15 hours a week average. Unstable and unpredictable, you have to be open at any time they need you. You can not combine it with any other jobs. Best clients goes to "favorite" caregivers, you will get the rest. Sometimes you get two clients in one house, double work but no extra money for you. You drive average 6-10 miles to the client home, work 3 hours for 11$ per h a day on W2 form. Do the math. No gas reimbursement.
Staff is good, they do best they can. Nice ladies, understanding, caring. I guess they just follow Top Top Management orders and procedures. And Top Top Management is really messed up. I hope they see the employees reviews. To go through all training, back ground check, drug test, to have your own reliable car, car insurance and your cell phone for their needs for 10-15 hours a week?!?!!! Are kidding me???!!??!!
If you want real job, pass it by and don't waist your time. Never got what I was promised.
Pros
No pros
Cons
A lot
very clean environment,great people,lots of opportunities.
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJanuary 27, 2016
this is the place where i received lots of training. there was always something new to learn & people to meet . the staff was always encouraging ,the hours were always flexible . the best part of the job was the great relationships i had with staff & patients.
Pros
taking trips with the patients & having parties with the whole staff.
Cons
they are no longer in business .
I am happy to be there for those children to help them and teach them.
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Wayland, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Teaching young children how to behave and help them see how important they are to this world. always supporting them and redirect them from learning.
Adls
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work would be me helping the patient with all their ADLs. Ive felt with patients who have had strokes, pneumonia, hospice, oxygen dependent patients, wound vac patients, dementia and cancer patients.

Ive learned how to be patient, deal with their needs and also their family needs.

The management is good, and I've never met my coworkers as a caregiver just works one on one with patients in their home.

hardest part of my job would be losing a patient i got close to.

the most enjoyable part of my job is getting thanked by a patient for all your hard work you do.
very caring
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJanuary 11, 2016
I worked for Home Helpers in Lancaster for about a year. The owners are wonderful people who care about their employees. They provided me with a job during a difficult time and were very supportive.
Pros
working with the senior population, the owners, rewarding position
Cons
this is an industry where the hours can be long
laid back work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PADecember 24, 2015
I would run back grounds on any new caregivers. I did all VA billing and every other week I would help with processing payroll. I did all the monthly reports at the beginning of every month. I would do billing spreadsheets for some of the area office on aging agencies. Set up interviews, answered phones. I also did on call one night a week. Help the scheduling department when need help filling holes.
Pros
loved what I did
Cons
Very strong personalities
Home Helper
Aide (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 13, 2015
I help the Clients get their daily life in order such as helping them around there homes with light cleaning,washing their dishes as well as they clothes.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
pay was ok
A great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VANovember 12, 2015
This a great agency to work with especially if your just starting in the medical field and want to gain some experience working with the elderly. I would recommend this agency to anyone. They are nice and friendly people and management is always there if you have any questions or concerns about anything.
na
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2015
a typical work wasn't the problem it was with management they never really have consistent work. i did not have that many co-worker i came across mostly worked alone the hardest part about the job was to get the the homes if they wear really far out and the most enjoyable part was the family's i worked with
Flexible Hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 2, 2015
They are unorganized with work schedules and do not pay overtime. They do have flexible hours and must have experience with seniors. It can be overwhelming when you don't have experience working with this population because they might be dealing with issues that might interrupt their personality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Helpers. Our community is ready to answer.