Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 1,803 reviews matching the search
passion
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 22, 2017
good place to work and they have good easy going loving clients. I enjoy my clients and everything about the job and what I do. its not just a paycheck
Terrible place to work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAMay 22, 2017
I have worked there for close to two years with no bonus or raise. I have been working with a difficult client and endured much stress for very little pay. They offer no paid time off. I felt that I didn't receive much training before I started working with the elderly, which I should have. I have seen many come and go through the company, seems like no one stays. They aren't very organized and can careless about their employees. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND WORKING HERE....EVER.
Pros
Helping others give you a great feeling of accompishment.
Cons
Terrible employers.
Not good for advancement
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 22, 2017
Worked there almost 3 years. You tell them what you can and cant work and they will still put you where they want you. Communication is awful. Introductions are non exsistant. Caregivers get in trouble for office staff mess ups.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Communication.
Okay place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 21, 2017
The hours flexuate way to much. Could work 8 hours one week or 25 the next. Some of the clients information is not currently up to date. Dangerous for caregiver and the client. Very low pay.
Pros
Skills
Cons
Pay
love it, love old people
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 21, 2017
if you love making your own schedule and working with the elderly then you will love this job. the tasks are easy as going to their homes and doing light cleaning, cooking if needed, and spending time with them. plus you get paid for gas mileage.
Pros
you can eat while you work
Wonderful people to care for.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 19, 2017
Taking care of clients was very fulfilling, but requires a lot more lifting than they say. Long 24 hour shifts. You are supposed to be able to sleep, but most clients are up every 2 hours to use the bathroom or confused and need constant watching. Love the clients and families. Frequent last minute calls to work and lots of unpaid travel.
Pros
Client contact. Become family members. Families very apperciative of care given
Cons
Long hours, daily travel, very poor pay. $7.50/ hour for 24 hour shifts.
Chaos
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 19, 2017
Hours are limited to what you can work, short shifts, high office turn over, no benefits, basically minimum wage. Bad management. I liked the clients but management bad. Many other local agencies have more to offer with less chaos.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, high turn over rate
Home Instead Senior Care- Clients
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be to assist the clients with documented needs according to his/her specified requirements. Prepare meals, light house work, run errands, sometimes incontinence management, etc...

The hardest part of the job is when a client does not want to cooperate with the necessary requirements according to his/her profile.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the client is eager to participate is his/her wellness program.
Your loved one deserves a better home care coompany.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2017
I worked for Home Instead in Riverside Ca. It is an OK company to work for. My wonderful clients are what kept me there for so long. The office staff needs better communication with each other, my clients complained several times that new caregivers would show up to fill in a shift and the client's were not notified. When a Caregiver starts with a new client someone from the office staff is supposed to meet you at the client's home to introduce you, no one ever met me at the home. The office staff gives more attention to certain clients than others. My veteran client has little to know communication with HISC, while my private pay client had visits from office staff every week. There are better places out there for your loved one.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
horrible management
awsome job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 18, 2017
Loved helping the elderly in anyway possible. Staff was great and fiendly. They were always willing to help when needed. Pay could be a bit better for the workload carried.
Pros
awesome people to ork with, great clients
Cons
pay
caring environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2017
the office managers were very supportive and helpful. on-call option enabled me to work whenever i was available. there were opportunities for advancement.
Pros
discounts, paid training
Cons
n/a
If you like taking care of the elderly, this is a perfect job for you.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2017
Taking care of the elderly can be delightful. But it does has its ups and downs. When one makes a connection with a client and he/she passes away, one needs to have the ability to not let it bother oneself. Very hard to do for some.
Cons
making a connection with a client and they pass away.
Unpredictble and chaotic workplace.
Staffing Coordinator, caregiver,/trainor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
No one day was the same, The workplace was chaotic at best. I learned some very valuable informaion and skills I didn't have at the start of the job.
In my opinion I believe that things could have been managed in a more effective ways. The workplace culture seemed superficial at times.
The hardest part of the job was trying to find adequate coverage for a client who's caregiver would call off at the last minute. What I enjoyed most was interacting with the clients, and caregivers.
Cons
No time to relax for breaks or lunch.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my experience as a Caregiver. I just wasn't getting consistent hours and a good, solid paycheck. I had no problems with the office staff. They are very professional.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 18, 2017
Hard to find work not flexable with a student schedule. No secure with the job I bounced around different place. I was promise 20 hrs. sometime I will work 15 hrs. week. I drive a hour to work a some time to find the patient home.
Pros
Nice people to talk to.
Great company
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 17, 2017
The people there try to would with you if you need help. It is an amazing company that is with you every step of the way. As an employee I can call the office if I ever needed some help with something.
Decent job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 17, 2017
Had a normal full time job then my client passed and i only received 10hrs the next week.. I couldn't afford to drive across logan county for 1-2hr at a clients home.
Great company to work for.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 17, 2017
I went to different client homes and provided he best care to them. I cooked, cleaned the house, washed clothes, gave medicine, helped them to take their medicine, went on errands for the clients.
Pros
understanding staff
Cons
not enogh hours
Solid hours
Traveling Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2017
They offer a ton of hours. No room for advancement and no benefits. They also only offer a few cents per mile when you drive clients around in your personal vehicle.
Cons
HealthCare
Wonderful clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 16, 2017
The clients were the best part of working here, but I entered my employment during a change in management; it made polices and communication very difficult, so my schedule was often confused in the office.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
time off is difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8