Home Instead Senior Care

Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,363 reviews matching the search
Pleasant environment in which to work
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 22, 2016
Home Instead genuinely wants to improve the lives of elderly people in the community, and seeks out caregivers with the same goal. The schedule is flexible and employees have options regarding hours, travel distance, and clientele. Some clients are more challenging than others in regards to dementia or household conditions.
Pros
Incentives for the above and beyond
Cons
No benefits
Nice place to work, flexible schedule
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 21, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company. It was a great place to work. The schedulers were very understanding and worked with what ever schedule you needed, and there was always potential for extra hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
salary
A very caring and respectable place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2016
I love working with my clients I got very close to them as if they were my own family!! Everyone in the office are very nice and respectable!!
Provided educational workshops and incentives
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2016
Promoted a safe environment within the clients home. Documented any changes in clients mental of physical health and daily activities for other caregivers or the family to read to keep up to date on client. Provided meals and personal care with showering and dressing.
I learned to be sufficient in daily tasks.
In management I learned to collaborate with different clients on their needs. I also developed better listening and communication skills.
I did not work with any of my co-workers
The hardest part of the job is when a client passes away or has to go to a facility.
The most enjoyable was when I could get the client to laugh.
Pros
Being able to show respect and kindness to those who deserve it.
Cons
Losing a client to death or a nursing facility
I enjoy working for Homeinstead
Home Health Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 18, 2016
The people are nice and polite. They try to match you up with clients. The team that gets you hours really try to get you as much work as you want. If you need time off they are very understanding.
Another job I learned about while I took care of many different patients
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 18, 2016
Both of my parents passed and I wanted to help in some way so I joined Home Instead. I usually didn't work in the same location often.
I took all required courses and met many Awesome Caretakers! The placement staff was good and easy to work with.
Pros
Great Job to work with diversified patients. Plenty of work assigned
Cons
Too many locations all over Jacksonville and no gas or milage credit
Hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 15, 2016
They do not care about weather, they do not care if you are expecting a child. they want you to work 24 hours a day 7 days week
Rewarding
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
The management teams are awesome at keeping you working. The work hours are limited to 4 hr shifts but if you want to work they will keep you busy.
Taking care of our older generation and sometimes the younger.
CNA/CHHA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2016
I have nothing but great things to say about Home Instead Senior Care. They not only provide an amazing service, but have treated myself and my fellow CNA's/CHHA with respect and dignity. I have always had the best response on either personal assistance or within the daily duties of care giving. I would only be so lucky to work with them again. The care that was offered to our client's was unsurpassed. I believe in the people I cared for as well as this company I worked for!
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, VTJuly 11, 2016
I work here still it is a great job, I love working with people.Been train use hoyers, can work the days and time I need.I have work in this type of job for 18 + years, enjoy working with people.
Wonderful managers and great for work/life balance
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2016
The managers and scheduling coordinators were wonderful. If you had a problem with clients, they were understanding and worked with you to solve the issue. I loved working for Home Instead and enjoyed my job but the pay is low, there are no benefits, the schedule is never set or stable. They are flexible and great for an extra part time job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, not reliable
Productive and nice place to work
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 11, 2016
I was the Client Care Coordinator. I had to leave this job due to my mother's illness at the time. I introduced our company to potential clients. Monitored client's and homemakers. Solved any problems that would arise within my job responsibilities.
The overall rating would be a 4. Rating this company would only allow me to click on one star.
I had to leave Florida and come back to Missouri
Pros
I enjoyed meeting new client's and their families
Cons
I had to leave due to my mother's illness. Nice people to work with
I love working for this company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2016
This company has been working with my schedule and needs above and beyond anywhere I have ever worked. The staff is amazing and I love my job!
Great workplace
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
Great workplace that I enjoyed working for that provided great experience with coworkers and management. They worked with your schedule and availability.
Easy goin people great for people who have kids or,just need something to do
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJuly 6, 2016
Nice people to work for, they will work with u as far as ur hours go. Very easy job, the owners are really down to earth a very understanding if u have a family emergency an need to leave work.
Cons
No benifits
bad training
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAJuly 6, 2016
This ended up being more of a sales position where as I sold our services to perspective clients who needed senior care assistance
Employees are taken advantage of...
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2016
This is a good flexible job 4 a little while. However the management does not take good care of its employees. While the company's motive is to put clients first I felt very taken advantage of as an employee. I would often be guilted in to taking shifts that were out of my scope of availability, and I was put to shame if an emergency came up. For instance, I got in an accident and had to call in and they made me feel bad for trying to get out of the shift. How can i prevent a senior citizen from falling if i am physically incapable of providing Quality Care? In addition I was not able to get the hours I was looking for. You either get way too many or way less. I really like the clients that I worked with but many times I interacted with the office I felt walked all over. They also led me on with a potential promotion but then never followed up which was very discouraging. The job gets boring after you learn the routines. My feelings were never considered.
Pros
Clients are nice, flexible
Cons
No room for advancement, no benefits, Boring, they make you feel guilty
Caring and compassinate group
Caregiver/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 1, 2016
I worked as an on-call caregiver and administrative assistant. I would answer phones, direct the calls, keep track of caregiver hour. If someone called off last minute or did not show up I would go to the clients house as a caregiver until they could find a replacement.
The team here is great! Always working for you!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 1, 2016
The clients for this company are always a pleasure to work with. You develop this bond like its your own family. Makes a difference to be able to help someone else.
Stressful
Senior Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
Dysfuntional office and employees are not treated right by one of the owners. co workers were nice but not happy with the owner who was very unstable.
Pros
Liked the work
Cons
Not good working environment

2.7