Home Instead Senior Care

Home Instead Senior Care Employer Reviews

Low Pay, NO OVERTIME until 80 hrs a week
Caregiver (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: many
I worked 70-79 hours a week and in a year barely made $15k. Overnights pay only $7 an hour. People quit often including management.
Nurse's Aide (Current Employee), Shelby Township, MIApril 14, 2014
flexible hours, good management, easy to build relationships with patients, rewarding job
Poor communication, large ratio of caregivers to clients
CareGiver (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: the clients really appreciate your help
Cons: lack of communication/management
I am a licensed professional that works part time for home instead in the evenings and weekends to earn extra income. The clients are wonderful however, the company just seems to want money! I am given hours to show up at the clients home and the client isn't expecting me for hours later, this has happened 3 times! I currently am getting 9 hours a week, – more... I have asked for more hours and I was told they had a huge loss in clientele over the past few months and there were no more hours to give at this time. I have been employed with them for over a year, I have never been written up nor had any complaints so this isn't due to lack of performance, now I see they are hiring???? I am still getting my 9 hours a week???
Phone calls do not get returned, they only call me if they need someone to cover or paperwork, very frustrating place to work!! – less
companionship to the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: losing a client
the most enjoyable part of the job is listening to the stories the elderly have the hardest part is watching them pass away
I love hearing the clients' stories!
Caregiver (Former Employee), TexasApril 2, 2014
Pros: rewarding, fulfilling, stories, meeting people, building relationships, nice office staff
Cons: lack of benefits, no personal life, calling all the time
This is a great place to work if you love working with seniors, it takes true compassion to help them stay in their homes. I learned a lot about taking care of seniors.
Working with seniors is where my heart is.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 1, 2014
Seniors are a joy and a treasure waiting to be opened. They all have such wonderful stories and are willing to share them. While they are work, they are the best reward of my day.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: the talks we would have
Cons: moving away
I help clean and cook for my clients and clean ther house I learned to to be a helping hand my manager help with wen I started out in this filred the hardest part about his job was wen my client passed away the most enjoyable part about the job was that my clients changed my life and out look on people period
This job is part-time. It is very rewarding work. There are no guarantees day by day that you will work your upcoming shift.
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: getting to know the senior who has had much experience and wisdom to share, the feeling of knowing you have helped a senior get through the day, and counseling them when they are in need.
Cons: compensation and job security are not preferred.
Working at Home Instead Senior Care as a Caregiver is very rewarding. The health of our clients may change day to day; therefore, it may be challenging for the Caregiver and especially to the senior, when adapting to added treatments and medications. The health of senior is tenuous, hence, there is little guarantee of hours worked during the week. A – more... senior may be taken to the hospital or assisted care for therapy or treatment for a day or three months. The immeasurable joy that comes from knowing the senior personally is the glue that keeps a worker coming back. – less
Rewarding place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee), Granville, OHMarch 21, 2014
Helping a lending hand to those in need. Company provides training. Management and co-workers are great to work with. Hardest part of job is losing a patient to death. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is being there to help patient feel secure and loved at the end of life.
Working with Children
Caregiver (Current Employee), Franklin, WIMarch 20, 2014
This is a great job if you enjoy working with children with a reasonable work schedule.
Fun workplace, but stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 20, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks.
I enjoyed working at Kmart. It was stressful, and management need to be realistic about expectations. I learned cash register, customer service, merchandising, how to use other tools. to get information about merchandise.
Compassionate and fun workplace
Medical Assistant/Caregiver (Current Employee), Wyoming, DEMarch 20, 2014
Pros: freedom to plan and do what you and the client enjoy
Cons: healthcare and part-time hours
I have created a chart of things to do while at the clients home/facility so i would do personal care,medication reminders,light housekeeping,laundry,meal prep,shopping/errands and respite care. Normally its just the client and i so we have a lot of fun and i try to keep them busy. Management is great just wish i had more hours or clients.The hardest – more... part of the job is when someone passes away or you lose a client you really like because this is senior care so some have very bad health issues. – less
Professional Nursing Agency
Geriatric Nursing Assistant / HHA/ CMT (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 18, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Performed nursing duties in a professional and confidential manner daily.I enrolled in several classes such as ,Seizure training, Alzheimer t raining, Basic Life Support for Care Givers and several
other classes. My co-workers were a professional team of caregivers,and I enjoy working with them.
There is no hard part in my job assignments, I perform – more... at 100% always giving it my best. The most enjoyable thing is : Knowing
I give it my best every time. – less
Fast pace office and lovely clients
Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Jerseyville, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: office lunches, bonuses, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: demanding tasks, working weekends
I adore my job. The on call weekends are slightly demanding, but I was fully aware of the atmosphere before I was employed. My typical work day consisted of reading the on call reports, reviewing messages left on the message, and going over the unassigned shifts. I learned many things during my employment with this company such as billing processes – more... through long term care insurance, the importance of detail in communication efforts, how to operate a scheduling system online, proper phone etiquette, proper emailing etiquette, the importance of hourly billing, and how to sell a service if a client is in need. My co-workers we people I could genuinely get along with and I fully enjoyed being in an office with them. The hardest part of the job was the constant responsibility even if I was not working in the office or from home. The most enjoyable part of my job was discussing services with clients and introducing a new employee to a client when the match was perfect. – less
Would not recommend for place of employment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Verona, VAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: for the most part the clients were nice.
Cons: pay was $8.50 an hour & they charge $20, they promise alot of hours, the 1st 3 mos i was given 3 hrs a day 5 days a mo, gave a 2 wk notice they cancelled all my hrs the same day which left me with no income for 2 wks.
I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy and they are SUPPOSED to be Christians.
STRESSFULL
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 16, 2014
Interview applicants for caregiver positions.
Schedule orientations
schedule caregiver to clients based on needs and areas
Rotate with pager in case a caregiver calls in
Productive and fun working enviroment
Caregiver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 13, 2014
Great company, make you feel like family always. Always interested in your well being, hardest part of job is leaving, when your client goes away. Best part is knowing I helped a person get through the day.
Great
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Centerville, OHMarch 12, 2014
Still there! Wonderful place! I have worker there almost 6 months and it is a wonderful place to be, very friendly people who are very dedicated to what they do.
Independent workplace
Care Giver (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 3, 2014
The hardest part of my job was incontinence issues with clients. I learned to cope with a variety of clients that had different problems.
to much house work low paying job
caregiver (Former Employee), cal 94589March 1, 2014
Pros: did not like
Cons: no beraks all house work
I did a lot of house work. I was a maide.not a caregiver and the pay was bad I only made 175.00 a week it was just enough to put gas in car to go to work,

1 2 3 4 5

About Home Instead Senior Care

Home Instead Senior Care provides non-medical services for seniors. America's trusted source for senior care.

Home Instead Senior Care Photos