Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 2,145 reviews matching the search
my day at work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 20, 2017
if you had a regular client, youre schedule was very repetitive, but it could change if youre relief had something come up. my day was normally based on the clients routine, and how they liked things done. sometimes you arrive at thier home and let youreself in and wait for them to wake up, or they would already be up and ready for you to help them ( administer medicine, getting help with getting dressed and up for the day, meal preparation, and then help with housework until your shift was over) i enjoyed my job very much! as i do love helping and caring for others!!
an enjoyable experience
Activities Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 20, 2017
This was a wonderful opportunity to work one on one with patients. I enjoyed my time with this employer. The commute was quite a distance for me, which was my only complaint.
would not work here unless you have alot of time on your hands.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604September 20, 2017
you have to spend alot of your life at work to make anything.

you stay on call all the time NO set schedule

you do alot of runing and working to make very little money
It was a stable work environment.
senior citizen caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTSeptember 20, 2017
I hadfantastic home clients. I bathed them, cooked their meals and transported them to their doctor visits. I also preformed light housekeeping duties. These clients suffered from dementia and Altzheimer's respectively.
Pros
My pros were taking care of fine sweet ladies.
Cons
My only cons was how sad the women got when I had to go home.
Good if you need supplimental type work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Enviroment was wonderful but it was not steady hours. If you want full time not a good job. But I saw lots of new exciting things and met a bunch of wonderful people. Felt like working for family.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
hours
Wonderful to work one on one with clients in their home.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 19, 2017
Assisting a Client in their home is much more relaxing for the caregiver and the Client. The focus is continually on them and not distracted by other employees.
Pros
It is like hanging out with a grand parent.
Cons
Watching the decline.
Great company
Office Coordinator/HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 19, 2017
All Home instead are independently owned franchised
they do not presently offer any benefits or pay advancement
starting pay is not competitive with other agency in the area.
Great job
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work with elder people to be able to help someone And make a difference in there life is not easy it's most important thing ever happened to me and I'm thankful.
Difficult hours
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 19, 2017
While the company itself is great, and everyone who works there is insanely kind, I found it difficult to get enough hours each week. The shifts are scheduled with the client and then put out to be filled. Some weeks you can have as much work as you want and it's great! Other weeks, if you don't want to work, or can't work, nights/weekends/holidays/non-school hours then you'll find nothing. I found it frustrating that I couldn't come in with available hours and just get them filled, I had to sign up for what was there. Aside from that it was a great place to work and I have no complaints.
Helped while I attended school
F/T Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I enjoy working and helping people. I got great satisfaction helping the elders. I only had the job while I attended college to get my degree in Accounting. Very respectful toward their employees.
When working at home instead
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYSeptember 16, 2017
When working at home instead the office had great organization and respectful management. They always helped when something was wrong at a client’s house. Its great getting to know new people that I can help. Over time when working with different clients I learned better patients and how to handle different situations. I have recommended this job to others because they have flexible hours, it was low stress, and respect.
Pros
low stress
Good
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CASeptember 16, 2017
Good company to work for listens to your needs when it comes to hours and availability. They provide training which enables you to thoroughly complete job duties.
NO BENIFITS and the pay is very low
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSSeptember 15, 2017
I loved my patients but when you work 12 hour shift they split it example if you work 7pm to 7 am at 11:55 they stop your time and restart it at 12am so they don't have to pay for a full shift and if you work 3 or 4 shifts they don't pay you over time.. and simce I am a CNA they use my license but payed me a caregiver wage
Pros
amazing Clints fun to work with
Cons
management they use you to benifit them and the company only
Great Staff and Management
Private Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 15, 2017
Great staff and management. Just wasn't able to get the hours in I needed. Clients were great and mostly appreciative. Locations of clients were quiet wide spread at times, however the client coordinator and managers always tried to place me within my area which was quite convenient.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough benefits and hours
Home Instead
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 15, 2017
Work Day: Clients can be unpredictable in their moods, so the day can be easy or hard.

Learned: Nothing I did not already know.

Management: Can't really say, interactions was very minimum, only met for an interview, and training, they were nice enough.
Pros
Very flexible hours and employee friendly
Cons
Sudden help request.
Great Place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX 76502September 15, 2017
I enjoyed taking care of Patients in there homes. That was a blessing for a our Clients. My typical day is getting to my client and taking care of what they needs may be for that day
Pros
Great place
Cons
Prepare to work hard
Hune instead Senior Care
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Great job.Lot of fun people.Super visors or great.you get to meet alot of different poeple.the hours are good. the coworkers was a bunch of great people.
Pros
great job
Cons
great team player place to work with benfits
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MASeptember 14, 2017
i help clients with their needs and transportation to appointments,and if they want to do something special you try to accomedate them. fun and enjoyable, you can listen to their stories and enjoy their laughter, maybe play a game with them. if you have to stay more hours i love it. at my job when you need more hours a day the office will try to help you with it. any information you dont know the office has experts in several fields and everyone is willing to help
Pros
travel pay, gift cards
Love this job
CNA Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYSeptember 13, 2017
I loved this job. Loved the people that I took care of. Loved the challenge. Was given the more challening clients to take care of. I learned alot while at Home Instead. The downside is no gas money, no health benefits, and the pay sucked.
Great for employees with flexible schedules
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 13, 2017
This is a great work option for someone with a flexible schedule, because they offer round-the-clock shifts. The managers and staff are all very kind and understanding regarding need for working hours within the week. They also offer training and continuing education hours in the home health field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8