Home Nursing Agency Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment full of caring, dedicated professionals
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 16, 2016
Home Nursing Agency is a non-profit health care company dedicated to providing individualistic and excellent patient care. The company is invested in its employees and the communities it serves.
Pros
Flexible schedules; great PTO and benefits
Productive company with a great purpose
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 14, 2015
Great company with a yearning to do better for their customers. Many benefits available to multi-levels of employees, as well as extra perks. Flexible hours and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours, tuition reimbursement
Cons
communication problems
Call center
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 7, 2015
Receive calls from patients, doctors, and pharmacies and then triage the call to the appropriate destination. I also verify insurances and process referrals for the agency.
life of a home health nurse
registered nurse case manager (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
typical day is scheduling your patient's, which is trying at times as you try to adjust times to make it when the patient wants. I have learned to be independant, confident in my assessment skills as you work alone. Organization, good communication skills, respect and working together as a team is very important being a case manager. Where I currently work, the staff is wonderful. We all pitch in and try to help one another to make the day better. The hardest part is it is a 24/7 job. Patient's depend on you and that doesn't always fall between the hours of 8am-4pm, I do get great satisfaction when I discharge someone and all of their problems and worries were taken care of, and it's also great when they return patient surveys and the mention you personally as to what a great job you did
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
paid salary instead of hourly
Good benefits/compensation, but you shouldn't use your benefits.
Operational Support Secretary /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 30, 2012
Home Nursing Agency was a great place to work, till I used to much health insurance coverage and medical leave that got me fired.
Pros
the health benefits were good and the pay was good for our area.
Cons
they didn't want you to use to much of the health benefits.
1 of 100 best places to work in PA
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 10, 2012
seeing patients in their homes, contacting physicians and hospitals, performing necessary procedures i.e. IVs, blood draws, vital signs, patient assessment, catheter insertion, etc., computerized documentation, computerized assessment tool, computerized care plans, co-workers and management were very easy to work with and didn't mind giving instruction when needed, the hardest part of the job was working with other branches of the company and being pulled to areas of the state I was not familiar with, the most enjoyable part was being to help those that could not get out on their own and making a difference in their lives
Pros
plan your own time
Cons
planning time when everyone your seeing has their own schedule
Accounts Receivable
Reimbursement Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Home Nursing Agency is a nice place to work. There are some issues with the budget so many options of moving forward or job security are questionable. The atmosphere and employees/ managment make it a great place to work. If it were not for the recent issues with needing to down size I would not be worried about being laid off and would not be searching for a new job.
A healthcare organization that cares about the community.
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 24, 2014
As a sales representative, it's great to have a flexible schedule while acquiring and retaining accounts. My knowledge has grown substantially in the healthcare world and I find satisfaction knowing that I'm helping improve the quality of health of our local residents.
Pros
flex schedule, good benefits, good resources, etc.
Loved this company!
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAMarch 1, 2015
I absolutely LOVED HNA! I stopped working here in 2009, since then I have heard things have changed. My supervisor was amazing and so helpful. Scheduling was a breeze and very flexible. You felt as part of a team even though you were on your own going into homes. The patients adored you and were genuinely thankful for your help. The pay as a CNA was not very good, but it was all worth it. They even sent you birthday cards and Christmas cards, sheetz cards when the gas prices were high, and they sent you a fruit/nut basket on your yearly hire date.
Busy yet fun environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
On a typical day you may answer anywhere from 45- 150 calls. These call may be patients that need triaged for problems, patients calling about when the nurse is to see them, Family members of patients calling with problems, Employees calling for more information, or Doctors office/Hospitals calling to give information on a patient. You will also generate and process referrals, making sure to distribute these referrals to the correct branch office, as well as verify patients insurance, entering data from the patients doctor or hospital. In this office you must be able to multitask as you will be answering calls as you are generating referrals. You will also be expected to file all referrals and orders after relaying to the nurses in the field.
Pros
great people
very passionate programs and total committment from their employees
Altoona, pa (Former Employee) –  Volunteer Coordinator/ PennSERVE fellowNovember 6, 2011
I developed several volunteer based programs in homes of patients, coordinating with nurses for plan of care, provided thorough training utilizing professioal resources, created and wrote grants to fund such programs, sat on National serivce board to develop intergenereational service/learning programs for schools and non-profit administrators. Was appointed a fellowship to work with schools and NP administrators to learn to develop programs and learn to utilize each others programs for the betterment of others.
Pros
respected programs, highly motivated staff
Cons
resources were scarce, worked hard with the public, to get goods and services for our programs
Never question your superiors!
Hosice Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 5, 2012
Everything goes well unless you question your supervisors morality and ethics.
Pros
patient contact
Cons
narcisistic management, expected to put the job before family
Hospice Chaplain
Hospice Counselor (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAFebruary 4, 2013
an excellent place to work with lots of support from staff and benefits, recognition.
Pros
good in service training
Cons
pa weather
Wonderful Company to work for
Marketing Secretary (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 15, 2013
Loved my job and the company but the pay wasn't great and advancement wasn't there for me.
Pros
values, home & work balance
Cons
pay
Great place go work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Good training. Staff was very nice. Hours were good for the most part. Only part that i did not like was being on call all weekend.
Life Changing
Private Duty Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 22, 2014
Best job experience. Feel that my daily experience changes my life as well as my patients. The professionalism within the office is on point and questions are answered promptly.
Cons
lack of face-to-face contact with other employees feels isolated.
Internal support present
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
While the RN, CM position was very much enjoyed d/t the patient contact and independent nature of the job, the weekend, holiday, and on-call requirements became difficult to manage.

Home Nursing Agency Reviews by Location