Home Nursing Agency Employee Reviews

Might have changed over the years
IOP AOD Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PASeptember 12, 2017
I was a part-time employee working over 50 hours/week. When told I needed FT benefits for my time, I was denied. When I left, they hired a FT employee at FT benefits to replace me. No idea what it is like now.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Woulsn't give me FT benefits despite FT hours
Rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, PAAugust 27, 2017
I loved my job at Home Nursing! Unfortunately i had a stroke and could not continue. I enjoyed helping my patients in anyway I could and also listening to their stories or concerns they may have had..I'm a people pperson and have a lot of compassion for people and animals.
Autonomy
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJuly 14, 2017
If you are looking for a great job which allows for autonomy AND team work, you will find it here! Really enjoyed working with patient's inside their home which allowed for a greater view into their health
Difficult Ballance
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 18, 2017
Worked in one of their mental health personal care homes. The pay was low, and it was difficult to keep the home fully staffed. This made it difficult to take time off, and to fine a balance with home life. Also was a full time student while working third shift here.
Fun workplace
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAFebruary 3, 2017
Loved working at Home Nursing Agency. Enjoyed the traveling and one on one patient care. Would absolutely go back. Great employer
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PADecember 13, 2016
Manager at the time was very helpful! On call was the worst part about the job. Nice work environment, people are very helpful.
It was nice to work for a place that does so much good for everyone.
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my co-workers there. I had a problem with the way they did their insurance billing. As previously stated, they do a lot of good for people and my parents were recipients of this.
Pros
co-workers, and hours
Cons
The way they did their billing.
An enjoyable job
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 5, 2016
If you don't mind 12 day weeks, you do work one weekend off 2) long days management doesn't answer calls or texts or even care if a client is abusing you then this is the job for you. Nice pay though and I love all but 2 of our clients.
Pros
Paid travel, benefits, overtime
Cons
Management, travel a lot!
Great work environment full of caring, dedicated professionals
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 16, 2016
Home Nursing Agency is a non-profit health care company dedicated to providing individualistic and excellent patient care. The company is invested in its employees and the communities it serves.
Pros
Flexible schedules; great PTO and benefits
Very flexible scheduling
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 17, 2016
Make nursing visits to home bound patients. I have learned patients with difficult clients. Ability to talk and work out problems. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with families at a vary vulnerable time in their lives.
Call center
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 7, 2015
Receive calls from patients, doctors, and pharmacies and then triage the call to the appropriate destination. I also verify insurances and process referrals for the agency.
Productive company with a great purpose
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAOctober 14, 2015
Great company with a yearning to do better for their customers. Many benefits available to multi-levels of employees, as well as extra perks. Flexible hours and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours, tuition reimbursement
Cons
communication problems
Loved this company!
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAMarch 1, 2015
I absolutely LOVED HNA! I stopped working here in 2009, since then I have heard things have changed. My supervisor was amazing and so helpful. Scheduling was a breeze and very flexible. You felt as part of a team even though you were on your own going into homes. The patients adored you and were genuinely thankful for your help. The pay as a CNA was not very good, but it was all worth it. They even sent you birthday cards and Christmas cards, sheetz cards when the gas prices were high, and they sent you a fruit/nut basket on your yearly hire date.
Great place go work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Good training. Staff was very nice. Hours were good for the most part. Only part that i did not like was being on call all weekend.
Accounts Receivable
Reimbursement Representative (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Home Nursing Agency is a nice place to work. There are some issues with the budget so many options of moving forward or job security are questionable. The atmosphere and employees/ managment make it a great place to work. If it were not for the recent issues with needing to down size I would not be worried about being laid off and would not be searching for a new job.
Internal support present
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
While the RN, CM position was very much enjoyed d/t the patient contact and independent nature of the job, the weekend, holiday, and on-call requirements became difficult to manage.
life of a home health nurse
registered nurse case manager (Current Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
typical day is scheduling your patient's, which is trying at times as you try to adjust times to make it when the patient wants. I have learned to be independant, confident in my assessment skills as you work alone. Organization, good communication skills, respect and working together as a team is very important being a case manager. Where I currently work, the staff is wonderful. We all pitch in and try to help one another to make the day better. The hardest part is it is a 24/7 job. Patient's depend on you and that doesn't always fall between the hours of 8am-4pm, I do get great satisfaction when I discharge someone and all of their problems and worries were taken care of, and it's also great when they return patient surveys and the mention you personally as to what a great job you did
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
paid salary instead of hourly
A healthcare organization that cares about the community.
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 24, 2014
As a sales representative, it's great to have a flexible schedule while acquiring and retaining accounts. My knowledge has grown substantially in the healthcare world and I find satisfaction knowing that I'm helping improve the quality of health of our local residents.
Pros
Flex schedule, good benefits, good resources, etc.
Life Changing
Private Duty Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PADecember 22, 2014
Best job experience. Feel that my daily experience changes my life as well as my patients. The professionalism within the office is on point and questions are answered promptly.
Cons
Lack of face-to-face contact with other employees feels isolated.
Busy yet fun environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
On a typical day you may answer anywhere from 45- 150 calls. These call may be patients that need triaged for problems, patients calling about when the nurse is to see them, Family members of patients calling with problems, Employees calling for more information, or Doctors office/Hospitals calling to give information on a patient. You will also generate and process referrals, making sure to distribute these referrals to the correct branch office, as well as verify patients insurance, entering data from the patients doctor or hospital. In this office you must be able to multitask as you will be answering calls as you are generating referrals. You will also be expected to file all referrals and orders after relaying to the nurses in the field.
Pros
Great people