Home Nursing Agency

Home Nursing Agency United States Employee Reviews

Great place go work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAFebruary 26, 2015
Good training. Staff was very nice. Hours were good for the most part. Only part that i did not like was being on call all weekend.
Accounts Receivable
Reimbursement Representative (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Home Nursing Agency is a nice place to work. There are some issues with the budget so many options of moving forward or job security are questionable. The atmosphere and employees/ managment make it a great place to work. If it were not for the recent issues with needing to down size I would not be worried about being laid off and would not be searching for a new job.
Internal support present
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Lewistown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
While the RN, CM position was very much enjoyed d/t the patient contact and independent nature of the job, the weekend, holiday, and on-call requirements became difficult to manage.
life of a home health nurse
registered nurse case manager (Current Employee), Ebensburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: paid salary instead of hourly
typical day is scheduling your patient's, which is trying at times as you try to adjust times to make it when the patient wants. I have learned to be independant, confident in my assessment skills as you work alone. Organization, good communication skills, respect and working together as a team is very important being a case manager. Where I currently work, the staff is wonderful. We all pitch in and try to help one another to make the day better. The hardest part is it is a 24/7 job. Patient's depend on you and that doesn't always fall between the hours of 8am-4pm, I do get great satisfaction when I discharge someone and all of their problems and worries were taken care of, and it's also great when they return patient surveys and the mention you personally as to what a great job you did
A healthcare organization that cares about the community.
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Altoona, PADecember 24, 2014
Pros: flex schedule, good benefits, good resources, etc.
As a sales representative, it's great to have a flexible schedule while acquiring and retaining accounts. My knowledge has grown substantially in the healthcare world and I find satisfaction knowing that I'm helping improve the quality of health of our local residents.
Life Changing
Private Duty Caregiver (Current Employee), Altoona, PADecember 22, 2014
Cons: lack of face-to-face contact with other employees feels isolated.
Best job experience. Feel that my daily experience changes my life as well as my patients. The professionalism within the office is on point and questions are answered promptly.
Busy yet fun environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great people
On a typical day you may answer anywhere from 45- 150 calls. These call may be patients that need triaged for problems, patients calling about when the nurse is to see them, Family members of patients calling with problems, Employees calling for more information, or Doctors office/Hospitals calling to give information on a patient. You will also generate and process referrals, making sure to distribute these referrals to the correct branch office, as well as verify patients insurance, entering data from the patients doctor or hospital. In this office you must be able to multitask as you will be answering calls as you are generating referrals. You will also be expected to file all referrals and orders after relaying to the nurses in the field.
Wonderful Company to work for
Marketing Secretary (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJune 15, 2013
Pros: values, home & work balance
Cons: pay
Loved my job and the company but the pay wasn't great and advancement wasn't there for me.
Hospice Chaplain
Hospice Counselor (Former Employee), Altoona, PAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good in service training
Cons: pa weather
an excellent place to work with lots of support from staff and benefits, recognition.
1 of 100 best places to work in PA
Case Manager RN (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: plan your own time
Cons: planning time when everyone your seeing has their own schedule
seeing patients in their homes, contacting physicians and hospitals, performing necessary procedures i.e. IVs, blood draws, vital signs, patient assessment, catheter insertion, etc., computerized documentation, computerized assessment tool, computerized care plans, co-workers and management were very easy to work with and didn't mind giving instruction when needed, the hardest part of the job was working with other branches of the company and being pulled to areas of the state I was not familiar with, the most enjoyable part was being to help those that could not get out on their own and making a difference in their lives
Never question your superiors!
Hosice Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Lewistown, PASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: patient contact
Cons: narcisistic management, expected to put the job before family
Everything goes well unless you question your supervisors morality and ethics.

September 30, 2012

The company was good at first excellent but then it merged and for many reasons was not the company it started as. There are many superior companies and much nicer supervisors. Unfortunately one supervisor was young and with little people relations and was very diffeicult to work with and unfair at times with some of the poliices and practices we very unreasonable to deal with especially working long hours and difficult situations at times. Also it is a no compete company and they do not allow you to work for other companies or privately which was very difficult when they did not offer a living wage or always give full time. Continuity was a problem also . Often you did not see the same patients for no apparent reason .

Good benefits/compensation, but you shouldn't use your benefits.
Operational Support Secretary /Coordinator (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJune 30, 2012
Pros: the health benefits were good and the pay was good for our area.
Cons: they didn't want you to use to much of the health benefits.
Home Nursing Agency was a great place to work, till I used to much health insurance coverage and medical leave that got me fired.
very passionate programs and total committment from their employees
Altoona, pa (Former Employee), Volunteer Coordinator/ PennSERVE fellowNovember 6, 2011
Pros: respected programs, highly motivated staff
Cons: resources were scarce, worked hard with the public, to get goods and services for our programs
I developed several volunteer based programs in homes of patients, coordinating with nurses for plan of care, provided thorough training utilizing professioal resources, created and wrote grants to fund such programs, sat on National serivce board to develop intergenereational service/learning programs for schools and non-profit administrators. Was appointed a fellowship to work with schools and NP administrators to learn to develop programs and learn to utilize each others programs for the betterment of others.