Home Properties

Home Properties United States Employee Reviews

Room for advancement
Property Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Room for growth and treat their employees well. Best company I've ever worked for.
I would highly recommend applying here. They are a very structured company and provide a lot of training. They care about their employees and take the time to recognize their hard work. I'm proud to say I work for Home Properties and hope to continue to grow with the company.
A typical day at work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 5, 2015
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, your co-workers, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job.
trouble shooting
maintenance tec (Former Employee), Alexandria VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: gas money for car
running tickets for a 1500 property doing tickets from lock outs leaks and repairing pipe and replacing locks and replacing keys with smart key
Productive, busy, always something new to learn
Bookkeeper/Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), North Lauderdale, FLFebruary 10, 2015
A typical day at work is usually very busy, productive
Being in this business for 20 + yrs has taught me to be a leader in all fields of management and customer service.
I get along great with all my co-workers.
the hardest part of my job is having to evict a resident and their family
what I most enjoy about my job is the relationship I have built with my residents. And the service I provide to them in the most professional way I know how.
This was a great place to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Lake Grove, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the luncheons we had twice a month.
Cons: when it was time to do snow removal
When I first came to work we had to do the grounds and then we took care of work orders. I enjoyed working with the managers and my co-workers. The company cared about their employees. I enjoyed helping the residents when they needed my help. My job wasn't really diificult besidesI hated doing snow removal.
not a good company
service technician (Former Employee), Lehigh Valley PaJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: no breaks, work you so hard it becomes safe hazard
This company does care about the workers . they are all about there money bottom line.. beware
Fun work environment
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Patchogue, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Position consisted of apartment rental, lease signing, data entry, and resident services.
Great company
Activities Director (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJanuary 4, 2015
Great company
friendly residents
friendly and professional co-workers
Working for Home Properties has given me a better sense of what customer service presents. Fantastic company for sure.
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great opportunity to advance in the company
Cons: for those who are ready to advance to the next level, there are no training in place
Home Properties is a company full of opportunities.
For anyone who has the opportunity to work for such a great and rewarding company will never regret the experience with Home Properties.

I have been fortunate to work with such a great company and also working with such great and supportive group of professional leaders.
enjoyed the job
sales (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDSeptember 24, 2014
clashed with my weekends and I couldn't work the weekends hours anymore.
Great Company, Good People to work with
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: paycheck always on time and overall work culture
Cons: not many
Enjoyed the experience of working with a top of the line company like Home Properties. If you are able to get a job there make the most of it, its a great company to work for!
Strict work place
Rent Administrator (Former Employee), Alexandria VASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hard to collect benifits
This company is all about getting the job done. Give you vacation time but stress you about what time of month you are allowed to take the time off.
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Baltimore RegionAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great team, discounted rent, great referral program
Cons: advancement, flexibility with scheduling
Been in the company for approximately one year. Really appreciate the team environment and willingness to train from management. Depending on the size property you are at determines your work load. Smaller properties equal more work and less time off. Although promotion from within is publicized, it seems to be very hard to be promoted unless you've been employed with them for years. That is the only thing that would make me look elsewhere.
Overall a great place to work
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: discount on rent
Cons: current management
Working with the public and meeting new people on a daily basis is wonderful I enjoyed that part of the job, helping people out with questions and giving them options was exciting too.
Hardest part of the job would be to tell a paying resident that we were unable to accommodate their request
co-workers for the most part were great, management on the other hand was another story.
A typical work day when the boss was not around was laid back and enjoyably, when the boss returned it was different story, she was was better off working as a Warden for a correctional facility than for the public, and discouraging the most is when we would follow the hand book rules on behavior for the work place, and complained to upper management, it was always forgiven that she behave this way
employee turn over for that property was over whelming high, why no one from corporate is seeing this is beyond myself and several others
Team work
Property Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 27, 2014
Successful day is not what you accomplished at the end of the day but what all as team accomplished. I have learned everyday is challenge between residents,contractors,staff,prospect etc. what important is you know what is best for the company and your day is productive.
I build a greatest professional network throughout my career within Home Properties which helped me to be successful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was Happy resident. Also, when find someone their new home.
Wonderful supervisors.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJune 23, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Home Properties. Every person within the company that I dealt with was professional and pleasant.
Great Work Atmosphere
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 17, 2014
A great place to work. Not micro-managed. Company provides ways to grow with the company
Very Productive work place
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Ellicott City, MDMay 29, 2014
A typical work day is very busy and most of the day is spent taking care of current residents. I have learned a lot about the field, and hope to learn more.
Great place to work. Fast paced and fun. A very professional environment.
Leasing Professional (Current Employee), Westminster MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: great pay. great environment. great benefits with lots of room for advancement.
My day starts off with me with arriving at least 30 minutes early to work. I use this time to brew some coffee and eat breakfast. I check voice mails and deal with any of my residents issues early on. This way I can devote my attention to any incoming prospects or any issues that immediately require my attention throughout the day.

I have learned to be extremely precise. This job is detail oriented. Everything I say and do must be documented in case we run into Fair Housing issues. I work with sensitive information and am in charge of 110 apartments. I am responsible for my office and the entire community. I deal with renters insurance, billing, late payments and outreach around the neighborhood. I collect a market survey each Monday to see how the competitors are doing.

As far as coworkers go I technically only have two. The service manager and the service tech. My property manager manages our three sites from one location but only drops by every now and then. Because of this we communicate mostly by email or phone.

The hardest part of my job is having to remain steadfast when residents come in with hardship and woe when bills are due. As human an I am and as much as I care, I have to run a business in a fair and stern way.

I enjoy most aspects of my job. I get to meet lots of new faces all of the time. I create great friendships and trust with my residents. I enjoy working with them to solves issues around the neighborhood. Creating a beautiful and quiet place for my residents to call home is the most enjoyable feeling. I am humbled when people trust me enough to decide to make a home in my community.

June 11, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments and your isnight on what a typical day is for you. Home Properties is proud to have such dedicated employees.

Stable employment with excellent training
Property Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2014
Pros: stable employment, room for advancement
Cons: pay not as high as privately owned companies, bonus potential is limited
Home Properties offers stable, company owned properties where employees of all experience and skill levels can work and grow. The office environment is fast paced and never boring. Support is available on multiple levels and it truly is a large company with a small feel. Employees regularly meet with Vice Presidents, investors, and even the C.E.O., which adds a personal feel to corporate guidelines, policies, and work related goals.

May 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Home Properties' Managers try to connect with the employees and ensure that information and resources are available. As a Property Manager I am sure you are well aware of the importance the employee is on the success of the business. Thank you again for shaing.

About Home Properties

Discover the difference. Discover Home. That isn’t just our company’s tagline but the words we live by each and – Read more

Home Properties Photos