Home Properties Employee Reviews

great
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 18, 2017
great place to work, Management is very professional. friendly calm environment. A great place to get started, great training for new comers. all employees. are hard working people
Pros
Cons
New Owners
great place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayport, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Recent changes to management structure have limited advancement opportunities. My plan had been to work at Home Properties for a very long time and advance through the ranks. Sadly that all changed in 2015
Pros
great people
Cons
no advancement
Peaceful Environment to work
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 19, 2017
I work at a very quiet community. There are many long-term residents who are in and out of the office throughout the day. They stop by to say hello or to request maintenance service. Very busy with daily reports, tours, and daily operations of the business. I've learned the importance of community out reach of a quiet community, it's a hidden jewel, so marketing to other areas is a must. I worked with an awesome manager, she's always willing to help when needed, and she's very supportive. The hardest part of the job is working along on the weekends when you have tours and need to assist current residents,. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have the perfect apartment home for prospects, and I LOVE decorating the office for Open House and staging mini models.
Pros
15 minutes from home
Cons
no amenities
Fun, fast paced environment, with the reward of changing families lives
President/Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
Wonderful career oriented company offering the opportunity to change families lives through purchasing and selling real estate. Instead of chasing money, just help others, then the money will chase you.
Pretty Good
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 16, 2017
Leasing is something that I just sord of fell into. It added to my professional experience in terms of customer service and sales. Our property manager was pretty good.
Good work environment
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2017
Overall Home Properties is a good company to work for. Some communities are better than others. You get a base pay + salary. The salary structure isn't that great but if you work at a busy community it's ok.
a place to growth profesional
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 11, 2017
they have the best tools to train people with no experience to perform like they been doing that job their all life. the benefits and the working hours are very convenience
Very Good Company
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2017
I learned a lot at this company. I was often given task that were not in my skillsets but those assignments pushed me to step out of my comfort zone and helped me to become the safety professional I am today. Thanks HP for believing in me.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Great People, hard time and hard decisions
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2017
Working with the team was challenging and fun, but worth the time. The company itself was not always doing so good and commissions could have been better.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Low pay
Decent place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 30, 2017
It was close to home for me easy to get to, property manager at the time was not an easy person to deal with. Management company didn't care too much about residents
With Home Properties, you have 2 families to love!
Property Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2017
Great company who recruits the best of industry thinking. You won't find a more talented, dedicated group...2nd to none! Work-life balance is important and promoted. It's like having a second family. All this fun and we get paid too!
Decent Place to Work
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJune 7, 2017
Home Properties is a decent company to work for. Good benefits and wages. Just wish there were more advancement opportunities. Would recommend for a property management company to work for.
Great Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2017
Home properties was a dream come true, however they sold the company in October 2015. currently owed by Lone Star, they kept the Home properties name though,and they are an investment group, the are no longer focused on the quality of service they provide their customer and employees. The new Home properties is about saving and will cut any corner to save a dollar. this goes for employees and residents.
Great Management Team
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
I really loved working for Home Properties. Great company to get the first job out of college. Everyone was very helpful and supportive to learning the job.
Maint. Tech
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2017
Was a fast pace job. Got to help so many different people. Some if the management was not the greatest or supporting if you had more knowledge than them .
Great Company Great Pay and Benefits
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 19, 2017
Loved the job and loved the people I work with. Choosing to leave due to constant selling of properties. Used to have corporate events which were fun, but they canceled those due to budget reasons. I would recommend for anyone who is good at customer service.
Pros
Great benefits good pay
Workplace culture
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 2, 2017
I worked at Home Properties for a few years. I resigned due to new executive management which changed the culture of the company. I felt that new management would not have continued the path that Home Properties had originally set. I understand change had to take place but I am not sure as to the direction in which the new HP were going.
Great Learning Experience
Leasing Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 24, 2017
This was my first leasing experience and I learned a lot from my property manager and the staff. This was a great learning foundation for my Real Estate career.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Commission Based Salary
fun
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 4, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits and overall family oriented. Great time off packages, insurance packages and incentive packages. Highly recommend
Great Place to Work At
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 25, 2017
Excellent compensation package. Difficult place to advance. Great work environment. The Call Center employees are constantly encouraged to attend customer service seminars with all expenses paid. If you work on holidays you will be compensated greatly. Bonuses are given yearly and are better then most company give. Sometimes depending on your performance rage from 7 to 10 percent of your yearly salary. The management here is very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Benefits, health, bonuses, stock purchase, 401k, vacations, pay
Cons
Strestful at times with the volume of calls. Must work all holidays and weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Properties. Our community is ready to answer.