Home Properties Employee Reviews

This WAS a ok company to work for with great benefits.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 23, 2016
Now that home properties was bought out the company is down sizing its work force and cutting every corner to save a buck. The pay is not worth the work. If there is a blizzard outside and the state calls for only emergency personnel and vehicles outside then be ready to get out there and do snow removal ontop of your normal job. The supervisors abuse their authority which I guess is normal for home properties. All of their properties are fairly old and need lots of special attention so expect to be called out almost every night for on calls especially in the winter. The pay is horrible and home properties likes to low ball thier employees when it comes to pay increases and raises. If you need a job quick then I guess go and waist you time but expect to be looking for another job soon.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management and abuse of authority
Good place to work, advancement opportunities
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 9, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company. They support their employees goals and make it easy to succeed if you work together. If you will work hard you will succeed.
Pros
Bonuses, over time
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Best Company I've worked for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  VANovember 22, 2016
Home properties was a great company to work for. I know in recent years there has been some changes, however while I was there it was awesome. My position allowed me to come into contact with a lot of the employees from corporate office to the individual properties. I really liked that the higher ups treated people fairly and they were just as easy to approach as anyone at my own level. The pay was good, bonuses were good and scheduling was flexible.
Excellent management and staff
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJNovember 20, 2016
Great place to work! Management is fantastic, co-workers are fantastic, professional environment while still being a fun place to work. Everyone works as a team and always willing to lend a helping hand. Can't say enough good things about this company.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Working Saturdays
Productive Fun
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 4, 2016
The fun and energetic nature of the staff was always something that made this easy going environment enjoyable place of employment. Using visitor information cards and phone cards to maintain a history of inquiries and follow up with potential renters. Receiving prospects would begin with getting an understanding of the needs as well as their expectations for their future home. Showing of property, models including amenities. Use social media to elevate traffic of prospects.
Maintained a great relationship residents kept a reputation as friendly and hard working with consistent follow through Leasing Consultant. Always handled any concerns and maintenance request with sincere urgency.
Pros
Meeting the needs of renters is fulfilling
Cons
On call availability needed
Great
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 6, 2016
The greatest place to work for in Hagerstown Maryland great pay may need team management. Team work team management. Responsible. On time
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Team management
This is a big company on the east coast its easy to get lost within company
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Glenolden, PANovember 3, 2016
I feel that when I was employed I was left on my own at times an it wasn't important to company to fill the other position. My boss was supervising more than one complex an at times was overwhelmed at times it showed
Good Company, No advancement opportunities
Operation Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2015
Good company to work for but there is no room for advancement within the company. The benefits are good, management can seem fair. Work moral is low due to employees not feeling as though they can move within the company.
Pros
Working with people day to day
Cons
Opinion not being valued
some good
Maintainance and hvac tech (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2016
good job,manage my day,learn and provide experience co-wookers good peeple nice site enjoy the conpany not management good benefit
Pros
respect
Cons
benefit
its all about who you know
Assistant Property Manager / Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 14, 2016
people are all about there clicks and not about the resident/ employee.
i learned how to be more detailed oriented
management was not good. you would not have a conversation, they acted as if they were so important only the president can ask questions
Team Environment - Puts the HOME in Home Properties
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMay 5, 2015
I feel at home with my co-workers and supervisors. The company encourages professional development and training which allows you to grow. Promotions are available within the company but require patience and hard work.
Pros
work environment, training and development
Cons
low/insignificant raises and bonuses available
Productive and great place to work.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 1, 2015
Management is hands on and very efficient. Great benefits and great coworkers! Working weekends is required but you do get an additional day off during the week,
great environment to work at
Leasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2015
I learned a lot from the staff at Home Properties and about the art of leasing. it was an interesting environment to work around so many different people with different backgrounds.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
salary wasn't enough
Loved the Residents!
Resident Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with the residents at Mount Vernon Square. The work was assume. I love the work I did with Home Properties. There was always new and inventive ways to process renewals, and notice to vacates
This job was good with the exceptions for management.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Steger, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Working early and getting off at four thirty was great. I constantly learned new things everyday there, the management was horrible, i would get in trouble for things i didn't know anything about, the co-workers were alright they were very help, The most enjoyable part in this job was that in was in a unit by myself working at my own pace but, getting the job done. I could listen to music in my unit that i was working on i could snack if i wanted to.
Great working Atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 5, 2015
I love my job and the comapny. Home Properties is my extened family.Great referral propgram, very invloved with the community.
Pros
Salary is lower
Cons
Less stress
Recently Sold
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Since the sale of the company things have been very precarious and the lack of information is unusual.

Home Properties before the purchase was a great company with a great team, on-site and in management.

Now it is just about money.
Pros
Not many any more
Cons
Lack of communication, can not service customers, not sure we will have jobs much longer.
Its who you know and not what you know
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 10, 2016
Depends on who your regional manager is, that will decide whether or not you like your job. Its who you know and not what you know
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not flexible or loyal
Strict work place
Rent Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VASeptember 17, 2014
This company is all about getting the job done. Give you vacation time but stress you about what time of month you are allowed to take the time off.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Hard to collect benifits
My position as Groundskeeper at Home Properties was challenging due to the weather.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAOctober 21, 2015
All day outside with no shelter what so ever.

Learned how to distribute the mail to 500 plus residence.

Management was fair and the crew was friendly.

The hardest part of the job was not having any shelter during en-climate weather, snow and rain. This was very hard to cope with physically.

The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering the mail to the residents and driving in the golf cart.
Pros
Staff and residents
Cons
No shelter during bad weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Properties. Our community is ready to answer.