Home School

Home School Employer Reviews

I enjoyed being a home schooling mother
Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Greely, AKMarch 4, 2014
Pros: being able to spend my time with my daughter, and giving her the needed schooling foundation.
Cons: the line between being at home and being at a learning institute
I really enjoyed being a home schooling mother. I am not a teacher and I loved being the one to give my child the schooling foundation she needed when the traditional school system failed her.
positive experience
Educational Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA, Montgomery,AlabamaFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: educating young people
Very pleased to have experienced this working opportunity
Great work environment and bosses
Home School Teaher (Former Employee), Heath, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, paid holidays, bonuses as christmas, wonderful bosses to work for. we are still freinds to this day.
I enjoyed billing insurance companes getting to know the clients I worked with on a personal. On occasion, I would get to ride with the delivery drivery drivers which helped me learn their responsibilities.
A typival day was opening the company and setting the phones. I answered the phones when need be but my main job was billing insurence companies – more... for medical eqiment.
The hardest part of the job was to collect money that was not payed by people's insurance. I loved all of my co-workers minus one that seem under the influence of something all of the time. I brought to my bosses attention and she began watching the behavior. It turned out that the nurse was dialuting patient's mophine and using it. – less
Taught Home School Student
Teacher (Former Employee), Anderson, SCDecember 4, 2013
Taught student high school subjects. Created classes for her.
Enjoyed educating my children
Facilitator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2013
Pros: having a strong hand in my childrens education
Cons: it seemed like enough time in the day to cover everything they wanted to know.
A typical day consisted of going over individual curriculum, assessing understanding level and moving to the next level is applicable or going over a subject trying different avenues until understanding is accomplished.
Loved these years
Instructor (Former Employee), Marion, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Homeschooling was an experience I did not expect to have, I really enjoyed those years. It took a lot of creativity and energy.
Best Job Ever
School Teacher of 4 (Former Employee), CA., MO, MN, and ILAugust 28, 2013
This position afforded me the opportunity to Impart not just information, but knowledge, skills and a passion for learning to children.

The most difficult part of this job was presenting lessons on multiple grade levels, and different learning modalities.
Fun and challenging
Instructor (Former Employee), Paris, A8July 30, 2013
Building curriculum and teaching 9 year old. Taught English, social studies, geography, science, and math.
life challange
Caretaker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2013
very rewording in watch and give direction to nurture your children education.
it was a learning experience
Teacher (Former Employee), New Cumberland, PAMay 21, 2013
complicated by my working fulltime at one job then going and home schooling three children.
This was a fulfilling and rewarding time of my life.
Teacher (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 27, 2013
As a homeschool teacher for my four boys my day started out with getting them ready for learning by feeding them a good breakfast.

We then went into the other room and practiced our lessons. In the afternoon the boys did the chores they were assigned and played outside on the hobby farm we lived on.

We were involved in community work through 4-H and – more... Meals on Wheels. We were also actively involved in our local church. – less
A pleasure to work with the kids
Teacher (Former Employee), Conklin, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: watching the children grow and understand what i taught them
Cons: very expensive buying all the books and supplies
I taught and learned at the same time. Children have a lot of insight to offer and most of the time it is a wonderful thing. You can learn from them as they learn from you.
Productive environment to educate children
Teacher/Administrator (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COFebruary 11, 2013
This was the best place to educate children. My oldest graduated a National Merit Scholar in 2008, and the learning disabilities and health problems for all the children were addressed making learning the most accessible.
Educating my son through high school
Teacher (Former Employee), Georgia, Mississippi, and Okinawa, JapanFebruary 6, 2013
Homeschooling my son was the most amazing job! I had to develop curriculum requirements to ensure he gained the knowledge necessary to master skills in each subject to receive credit in the form of high school units. Daily interaction was necessary to observe what material was absorbed and what material needed more explanation. The hardest part of the – more... job was watching him struggle to learn a new skill set. The best part of the job was watching him master the skill set and seek out more information to further his knowledge. – less
Great fun learning environment
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee), Dayton, TNJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: prepare your child for school
A great fun learning environment, not just a babysitter, at my home school/preschool, I will have your child kindergarten ready.
challenging and very fun
Teacher (Current Employee), Mendenhall, MSNovember 13, 2012
Pros: helping him learn
coming up with fun ways to help him learn that gets him involved is the best part as well as just being able to help him
Excellent job conditions
Educational Therapist/Teacher (Former Employee), Guaynabo,PRNovember 13, 2012
Pros: free lunches, breaks, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
Special Educator with vast experience adapting and modifying general education curriculum to enable student success. Technical specialist with expertise integrating assistive technology and multimedia into classroom setting.
I work from home with my children.
Teacher (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: love my students, having more time to spend with my children
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is planning my daily instruction for my two children. Helping them with their daily lesson for that day. I sometimes plan field trips for them once a month.
great to work with students!
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Avon Lake, OHOctober 22, 2012
Pros: being part of the learning process of students
Cons: job security - short term contract
this curriculum, for junior high level, focused on native american art and involved discussion on context, content, material and design.
i also instructed my students, two junior high boys, in the studio art component which involved original works in clay, pencil, found object, and acrylic paint.
the students were great to work with and it was a pleasure – more... to have the opportunity to teach. – less
School Administrator, Curriclum Developer and Teacher
coordinator, administrator and teacher (Current Employee), Eustace, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule with unlimited educational tools
Cons: difficulty in keeping on schedule due to life interruptions
A typical day starts, after breakfast with beginning the students on their daily assignments of study, and school work.

I have learned to adjust curriculum and lessons based on a child's abilities and interests so they make excellent progress.

The hardest part of the job is staying on schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the – more... students and seeing them excel in and enjoy their education. – less