Home School

Home School Employer Reviews

great to work with students!
Art Instructor (Former Employee), Avon Lake, OHOctober 22, 2012
Pros: being part of the learning process of students
Cons: job security - short term contract
this curriculum, for junior high level, focused on native american art and involved discussion on context, content, material and design.
i also instructed my students, two junior high boys, in the studio art component which involved original works in clay, pencil, found object, and acrylic paint.
the students were great to work with and it was a pleasure – more... to have the opportunity to teach. – less
School Administrator, Curriclum Developer and Teacher
coordinator, administrator and teacher (Current Employee), Eustace, TXOctober 3, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule with unlimited educational tools
Cons: difficulty in keeping on schedule due to life interruptions
A typical day starts, after breakfast with beginning the students on their daily assignments of study, and school work.

I have learned to adjust curriculum and lessons based on a child's abilities and interests so they make excellent progress.

The hardest part of the job is staying on schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the – more... students and seeing them excel in and enjoy their education. – less
Lots of work in research and creativity
Homeschool Teacher (Former Employee), Washington, NJSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: becoming more organized and determined in a set goal
Cons: the long hours and complaints of my own children, which i had 24/7.
I learned quickly to become organized and determined. School started at 9:00 but our day began at 7:00. We had breakfast, read bible, washed and dressed for the day and got all projects set up. Each of the older children helped the younger. I loved the research and the outings, where I think most of the learning really happened.
I worked with an online – more... school and a homeschool county group. Each Tuesday we did somesort of gymn class and Thursday was our Science lab/ history outing.
The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the training of myself more than the training of my children. Some days it was just exhausting, but rewarding. – less
Lots of room for continued growth and experience with children and education
coordinator, administrator and teacher (Former Employee), In home.September 25, 2012
Pros: flexibility of time, as well as the ability to choose and adjust materials and curriculum according to the student
Cons: working around everyday interruptions; whether it's going to the doctor, a sick child, or other things.
This has been a definite plus and I believe has stretched my ability to learn and adapt to many varied situations.

The hardest part of the job is keeping in schedule and working with children of varying ages and abilities. However, this has also been the most enjoyable part of the job as well.
I had a great experience.
Teacher (Former Employee), Vernon, CTSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: greatest experience of my life
Cons: wasn't able to continue
Personal growth and development in teaching.
That nothing in life comes easy.
Self-Management.
Grading papers.
Seeing my daughter excelling in the various subjects.
Very Rewarding
Teacher (Former Employee), Greenville NCSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: scheduling, traveling, seeing benefits of teaching children
Home Schooling is a rewarding and tough position.
However, it is an experience I will never forget.
No set Scheldual, normally i don't have any time off.
Teacher (Current Employee), Norman, OKAugust 29, 2012
I get to work a 8am and i teach 6 children through the K12 online public school program and wait for a parent to get home in the evening.
Review
Parent and Manager (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
Pros: seeing your students duplicate your ideas to someone else.
Cons: the hardest was seeing the students grow up.
Organized and schedule day to day itinerary. Prepare lessons and developed new ways in teaching styles to allow the learner to broaden their horizons. Loved seeing them learn and their eyes light up when new information was obtained.

The hardest was seeing the students grow up and letting go, but at the same time rewarding because they are a product – more... of what you've instilled in them. And being able to have the confidence that they are capable of succeeding on their own. – less
I home schooled my Son
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), west palm beachJuly 24, 2012
Pros: i was able to learn more teaching skills
Cons: they did not count toward my degree
I was homeschooling with the ACE program through Greenacres Christian Academy.
Productive and creative workplace with lots of activities.
Administrator (Current Employee), College Place, WAJune 15, 2012
Pros: excellent accent on grammar and science.
I teach my kids with ABEKA material and they offer a lot of games to play while learning new material.
This job is awful.
Teacher (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJanuary 11, 2012
Working in this position, for this particular family, is not what I thought it would be. The focus should be on the childrens' education, not on all of the fun things their parents want to do with them. It should also not revolve around their other family members and their needs. The childrens' education should be the number one priority.