Home Solutions

Home Solutions Employer Reviews

Awesome Job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Livingston, NJApril 21, 2014
Honestly it's a great company.
• Insertion of peripheral/subcutaneous access devices and maintenance of a central access devises including PICC, mid-line, and ports.
• Closely monitoring and assessing cardiac patients to prevent decline in quality of life
• Education of patients in self administration of IV medications as ordered by physician
• Administration – more... of IV medications including chemotherapy and biotherapy to both adults and pediatric patients
• Average case load – 20+ patients – less
A place you just call HELL!!!
Former employee (Current Employee), Fairfax, VaApril 5, 2014
Pros: they have some honest people
Cons: management sucks and a lot of haters!
Management sucks!! The bored of pharmacy need to investigate this place! You have a time to clock in but not to clock out. Worst place to work for. Trust me run away!!!!!
Productive, patient-centered company
PDP Biller (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJMarch 21, 2014
Growing home infusion company with branches in NJ, MA, VA, PA, GA, NC; hardworking employees who are dedicated to "treating patients like family"
Diligent work environment
Home Repair (Former Employee), RaleighMarch 18, 2014
A typical day varies depending on the project being worked on. I learned a lot of hard work pays off, and planning ahead gets the job done much quicker. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, but the most enjoyable part was the experience.
Easy going and fun work place
Care Giver (Former Employee), mesa AzMarch 18, 2014
Pros: being at home
Cons: hospital visits
A typical day at work for me with home solutions was just being able to care and take care of my mom.
she was very ill and was becoming more and more dependent.
I cooked and cleanned for her, took her out to nice places, gave baths, medication, etc.
The most important thing to me i learned from that job was how to truly and selflessly take care of someone – more... else as well as manage not just my life but someone else's.
My managment was very easy going and understanding. They became apart of our family.
The hardest part of the job was realizing when the person under your care needed more help then you were able to give then at some point you could not help them at all. My mother passed away and that is why i left the company.
The most enjoyable part about this job was knowing I was able to do all that was expected of me and it just came naturally. – less
Wonderful team
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Wexford, PAJanuary 15, 2014
We had a wonderful staff at this location and I enjoyed working there .Unfortunately, we did not have enough referrals to keep the branch open.
Nice Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Wexford, PADecember 10, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: not enough business
I made IV medication for patients. I enjoyed my job and my coworkers are great!
Patient Intake/ Clerical Specialist (Current Employee), Northfield, NJNovember 21, 2013
good job, work under pressure to get things done before the end of the month.
Excellent management and great pay
commercial and residential houskeeper (Current Employee), Murray utahOctober 15, 2013
Pros: i work my own schedule
Cons: no health insurance
this is my moms company it has been a reliable company to work for
Wonderful company to work for!
Assistant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: cons
Would assist clients with home based needs. The clients were very nice and treated me as such.
A cheerful and heart warming family business
Receptionist (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILMay 20, 2013
Home solutions was a great place to work. one of my favorite jobs. I would love taking the phone calls and getting to know the customers. our customers were near and dear to our hearts. They have stuck by home Solutions for so many problems and for such minor things. Setting up appointments such as estimates or scheduling what days to do whats jobs. – more... Going through the invoices and inputing them into the system. Overall the company was great productive, caring, personable. I learned a lot with this job as it was my first it mainly taught me patience and i got to help out on sites too for cleaning purposes or to hold things. – less
Over worked and under paid
tech (Former Employee), somewhere out there, usaMay 10, 2013
Pros: free food from inservices
Cons: pay terrible, not paid for overtime, terrible management, loud enviroment
Terrible training, annoying sales people, over worked and way under paid. Not a very enjoyable place to work.
just awful
pharmacy tech (Current Employee), fairfax,vaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free food every so often to fuel your dying soul
Cons: unethical, hostile environment with terrible benefits
Don't do it! If you are a fan of unprofessional management and long,exhausting work hours then this is the place for you.
Treats patients like family, but doesn't do the same for employees
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: "newer" field of healthcare, positive reviews from patients about services provided, free lunch
Cons: not being able to actually practice pharmacy, high turnover, poor management
The nice thing about working for Home Solutions was being able to see home infusion pharmacy, which is a field that appears to be under-discussed and under-recognized. And for doing data entry and being a glorified checker, the compensation is hard to beat.

As far as the cons go... they vow to "treat patients and employees like family"; however, in – more... the office, it's a survival of the fittest environment. The intake department has it right as far as teamwork goes, but when it comes to checking and wanting to make timeshots, have fun trying to ask for another pharmacist for help. Families show support to each other, are willing to better others, and demonstrate mutual dependence; at Home Solutions, however, there's little to no support from Management, and the Clinical Pharmacy Manager despises the idea of mutual dependence and teamwork. Regarding management, I have never worked with anyone as disrespectful, childish, and unprofessional like them. They insist on having it their way and "failure to do so will result in [serious] action" (quotes from several e-mails that have been sent out), or better yet, being told by the Clinical Pharmacy Manager (CPM), "if you don't like it, there's the door!" There's a thick barrier that separates them from everyone else. I hated having to work with them and deal with their unprofessional, immature demeanor day in and day out; and to be honest, everyone else in the branch shares the same sentiments (but aren't willing to share because of having their jobs threatened).
The position I occupied has a current history of experiencing high turnover AND carries the largest workload; ever since I left, the CPM is giving that load to the newest pharmacist who joined (she has a 5-year history with a chain pharmacy) and is expected to do this load by herself! There were two pharmacists who went before me in the position I left, and they each were, essentially, pushed over the edge by management while receiving little to no help. So 3 years later, and 3 pharmacists later, is management willing to fix the problem? Sadly, I think not.
Regarding pharmacy practice, I've wanted to provide clinical services (e.g. MTM services, diabetes management), and that was instantly frowned upon. During July (National Sun Protection Awareness Month), I would call and counsel patients who are taking medications causing photosensitivity to take preventative measures (i.e. wear broad-spectrum sunscreen, stay out of the sun during the height of the day, etc.), and they appreciated that! Sometimes, when calling these patients, I would walk around like a dog with its tail between its legs and expected to be verbally beaten by the CPM. The pharmacist's job is essentially to check, package shipments, and enter in lab values; if you want to practice pharmacy, have fun trying.

Leaving the company has been the best thing that has happened. If Home Solutions patients saw what takes place in the branch, they would be shocked.. – less
it was interesting and helpful
Carpenter (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: got paid threw lunch
Cons: no benifits
so up at job site and work on whatever we was working on that day
Best company
RN Infusion Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax VaApril 3, 2012
One of the best companies to work for out there in the home health pharmacy business bar none.
foos ball table at work and great owners.
Installer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great owners good hours.
Cons: hard work.
hard work but great hours good pay and the onwers are great as well,really enjoyed working for this company.
Home Solutions provide incentives for on time delivery of contractual obligations.
Owner (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: great work ethics
Cons: long hours
Home Solutions have long work days that are rewarded for employee efforts. We are always learning while on the job, management is always safety conscious, co-workers are team players, that pride themselves in skills and work ethics, the hardest tasks on the job is made easy with a team effort of problem solving.
It is a enjoyable place to work because – more... of the team that are in the environment. – less