Home Solutions

Home Solutions United States Employee Reviews

Horrible work enviroment -Unprofessional Upper and Mid Management
Billing, Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Hammonton, NJApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Read Review
Mid Management Billing, Collections are for self gain.
Home Solutions changes the policies and procedures to accommodate the situation. They set their staff up for failure by giving unobtainable goals. Upper Management has stated in a email to Mid Management to inform the employees about a staff meeting and at the end of the email wrote " No weapons allowed." Absolutely NO job security, employees are consistently being threaten about being terminated. Advancement is a plus if the manager wants you in the position offered, often the opening are not posted.
The most enjoyable part of Home Solutions was the on going friendships with your follow co-workers.
What I Learned:
When Home Solutions was still a "Mom and Pop" business you wanted give 99% in a typical day at work.
Home Solutions new owners made so many empty promises (Monetary Compensation) they don't deserve the excellent hard working, loyal staff that they currently uphold.
Fast paced, result oriented, and fun place to work.
Director (Current Employee), HammontonMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for growth, positive working environment
Home Solutions has a customer focused model that really centers around patient care. It is a faced paced environment that is very typical in health care. It is a growing company that is hiring the right people, especially in higher level positions, that have the experience and knowhow to bring this company to the next level. The teams work extremely hard to gather the proper information that is needed prior to treating a patient. It is difficult at time dealing with the healthcare insurance maze, but the employees are truly dedicated to get the job done in a positive way. The management team interacts with employees throughout the day and don't have hidden agendas. Employees are encourage to make suggestions on how to make positive changes to their daily workload to better service the customer.
Any job is what you make of it...
Revenue Qualifications (Current Employee), HammontonMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The schedule, potential for advancement
Cons: I wish there was more vacation time!
A typical day is very busy. I am never bored here! I have learned a lot from my co-workers who are mostly team players. I haven't had too much interaction with management but it has mostly been positive. The hardest part of the job is remembering all of the little nuances that make for a successful case. The best part is having fun with my co-workers. The thing that doesn't sit right with me is all the negativity that may be avoided by just staying focused on the task at hand and staying away from drama!
Great leadership that empowers their teammates
Anonymous (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not easily accessible by public transportation
I am thoroughly impressed with the leadership at Home Solutions. The executives and managers are a pleasure to work with, and they make the corporate office a fun place to work. Colleagues are lively and interesting. The work is challenging, but the expectations are not unrealistic. There truly is a work / life balance here, something I am not familiar with from previous employers.Very strong leadership that believes (and practice) accountability.
Good setting, but terrible management
Former employee (Former Employee), Somewhere in USOctober 15, 2014
It used to be a great company to work for, really strived for patient care and excellence, but lately turned into another big Corporation. Employees are treated as numbers and no one really cares if you do your job well or just occupying a seat. Cutting costs became a priority and with that - patient care and employee satisfaction is no longer important.
Awesome Job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Livingston, NJApril 21, 2014
Honestly it's a great company.
• Insertion of peripheral/subcutaneous access devices and maintenance of a central access devises including PICC, mid-line, and ports.
• Closely monitoring and assessing cardiac patients to prevent decline in quality of life
• Education of patients in self administration of IV medications as ordered by physician
• Administration of IV medications including chemotherapy and biotherapy to both adults and pediatric patients
• Average case load – 20+ patients
Productive, patient-centered company
PDP Biller (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJMarch 21, 2014
Growing home infusion company with branches in NJ, MA, VA, PA, GA, NC; hardworking employees who are dedicated to "treating patients like family"
Easy going and fun work place
Care Giver (Former Employee), mesa AzMarch 18, 2014
Pros: being at home
Cons: hospital visits
A typical day at work for me with home solutions was just being able to care and take care of my mom.
she was very ill and was becoming more and more dependent.
I cooked and cleanned for her, took her out to nice places, gave baths, medication, etc.
The most important thing to me i learned from that job was how to truly and selflessly take care of someone else as well as manage not just my life but someone else's.
My managment was very easy going and understanding. They became apart of our family.
The hardest part of the job was realizing when the person under your care needed more help then you were able to give then at some point you could not help them at all. My mother passed away and that is why i left the company.
The most enjoyable part about this job was knowing I was able to do all that was expected of me and it just came naturally.
Wonderful team
Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Wexford, PAJanuary 15, 2014
We had a wonderful staff at this location and I enjoyed working there .Unfortunately, we did not have enough referrals to keep the branch open.
Nice Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Wexford, PADecember 10, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: not enough business
I made IV medication for patients. I enjoyed my job and my coworkers are great!
Patient Intake/ Clerical Specialist (Current Employee), Northfield, NJNovember 21, 2013
good job, work under pressure to get things done before the end of the month.
Wonderful company to work for!
Assistant (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: cons
Would assist clients with home based needs. The clients were very nice and treated me as such.
Indescribable
No one cared (Former Employee), Fairfax, vaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: used to get catered lunch but that stopped
Cons: everything about this place
The management at fairfax is horrible. Office hours are 9-5 and you will never leave at 5. Communication between all departments sucks. They lack respect for others' personal life. According to the general manager all of her employees are "expendable". The worst experience ever. The HR department can care less about how an employee feels and nothing is confidential!!
A cheerful and heart warming family business
Receptionist (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILMay 20, 2013
Home solutions was a great place to work. one of my favorite jobs. I would love taking the phone calls and getting to know the customers. our customers were near and dear to our hearts. They have stuck by home Solutions for so many problems and for such minor things. Setting up appointments such as estimates or scheduling what days to do whats jobs. Going through the invoices and inputing them into the system. Overall the company was great productive, caring, personable. I learned a lot with this job as it was my first it mainly taught me patience and i got to help out on sites too for cleaning purposes or to hold things.
Over worked and under paid
tech (Former Employee), somewhere out there, usaMay 10, 2013
Pros: free food from inservices
Cons: pay terrible, not paid for overtime, terrible management, loud enviroment
Terrible training, annoying sales people, over worked and way under paid. Not a very enjoyable place to work.
just awful
pharmacy tech (Current Employee), fairfax,vaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free food every so often to fuel your dying soul
Cons: unethical, hostile environment with terrible benefits
Don't do it! If you are a fan of unprofessional management and long,exhausting work hours then this is the place for you.
Treats patients like family, but doesn't do the same for employees
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: "newer" field of healthcare, positive reviews from patients about services provided, free lunch
Cons: not being able to actually practice pharmacy, high turnover, poor management
The nice thing about working for Home Solutions was being able to see home infusion pharmacy, which is a field that appears to be under-discussed and under-recognized. And for doing data entry and being a glorified checker, the compensation is hard to beat.

As far as the cons go... they vow to "treat patients and employees like family"; however, in the office, it's a survival of the fittest environment. The intake department has it right as far as teamwork goes, but when it comes to checking and wanting to make timeshots, have fun trying to ask for another pharmacist for help. Families show support to each other, are willing to better others, and demonstrate mutual dependence; at Home Solutions, however, there's little to no support from Management, and the Clinical Pharmacy Manager despises the idea of mutual dependence and teamwork. Regarding management, I have never worked with anyone as disrespectful, childish, and unprofessional like them. They insist on having it their way and "failure to do so will result in [serious] action" (quotes from several e-mails that have been sent out), or better yet, being told by the Clinical Pharmacy Manager (CPM), "if you don't like it, there's the door!" There's a thick barrier that separates them from everyone else. I hated having to work with them and deal with their unprofessional, immature demeanor day in and day out; and to be honest, everyone else in the branch shares the same sentiments (but aren't willing to share because of having their jobs threatened).
The position I occupied has a current history of experiencing high turnover – more... AND carries the largest workload; ever since I left, the CPM is giving that load to the newest pharmacist who joined (she has a 5-year history with a chain pharmacy) and is expected to do this load by herself! There were two pharmacists who went before me in the position I left, and they each were, essentially, pushed over the edge by management while receiving little to no help. So 3 years later, and 3 pharmacists later, is management willing to fix the problem? Sadly, I think not.
Regarding pharmacy practice, I've wanted to provide clinical services (e.g. MTM services, diabetes management), and that was instantly frowned upon. During July (National Sun Protection Awareness Month), I would call and counsel patients who are taking medications causing photosensitivity to take preventative measures (i.e. wear broad-spectrum sunscreen, stay out of the sun during the height of the day, etc.), and they appreciated that! Sometimes, when calling these patients, I would walk around like a dog with its tail between its legs and expected to be verbally beaten by the CPM. The pharmacist's job is essentially to check, package shipments, and enter in lab values; if you want to practice pharmacy, have fun trying.

Leaving the company has been the best thing that has happened. If Home Solutions patients saw what takes place in the branch, they would be shocked.. – less
Best company
RN Infusion Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax VaApril 3, 2012
One of the best companies to work for out there in the home health pharmacy business bar none.

About Home Solutions

Home Solutions, one of the largest independent home infusion providers in the country, is an industry leader. Our team understands – Read more