Home Start Employee Reviews

Excellent
Volunteer Family Support (Former Employee) –  chorley lancashireApril 11, 2017
you are well trained as a volunteer i felt appreciated and very supported regular meetings any problems addressed asap
It is a fantastic company that appreciates their employees and volunteers And the support and help the families receive is above and beyond.

I loved every minute of my time volunteering for Home start and only left due to my work commitments
Pros
Appreciated lots of training supported and makes you feel proud to be part of a team helping familys
Cons
Worst Non-Profit Company I EVER Worked For!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I was lied to by my supervisor who coerced me to accept a Managent position with double the workload for $2.00 more than subordinates. I only found out much later when I was no longer working for this company. The mission sounds great on paper but I've never been so dissapointed in any one company like I was with this one company. Morale was low, direction from leadership was scarce, employees feared retaliation if their vices were heard, thus they spoke ill of management behind closed doors, it was the most heartless department and organization I've ever worked for.
Pros
Christmas Target Card
Cons
Too many to mention here
Hard working staff
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2016
Very busy working environment serving many clients. Great office location and enjoy working with the team employed. Works with low-income families and the organization is culturally sensitive to all populations served.
Mission Orientation
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Lots of change and focus was not always on the end user of the services. Decisions were tough to come by and leadership could never seem to decide a plausible direction for the future.
Joyful and energetic environment
Child Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2015
I recently started my job at Home Start and so far it has been truly an amazing experience. The children are amazing and joyful despite their harsh circumstances and it feels great to know I am doing all that I can in assisting families to a more prosperous future.
Productive and fun place to work
Team Leader / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2014
Great supervisor, Great team, happy place to work. Schedule keeps me busy and I have learned a lot about my leadership style.
Home Start has a great mission.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2013
Great work is being done. Staff believe in the mission of Home Start.

Very high stress work environment. No job security due to non-profit status and funding sources.
Pros
benifits