Home Team Pest Defense Employee Reviews in United States

Job security
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2016
The business was growing very well, especially here in central Texas. Tracking the day to day route completion, technician check in, paperwork review, updating trackers, reviewing applications, training of new hires, training and solving issues that would arise. I loved working with my technicians, and especially like solving issues and working with the customers. The tough part was the constant change of directive from upper management. Also feeling like they did not always have your back.
Pros
Working with people and buidling teams. Learning about the pest control business.
Cons
Health care was becoming more of a joke. The hours that I had to put in, just to try to stay afloat, with less than favorable pay.
An Awesome place to work !!!
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2016
I enjoy being a member/employee of a great successful company.
It's almost as though Hometeam is one of the best kept secrets.
I have been an employee for 7 years now and I am very pleased with the training and profit that has come from this place .
It gives me peace of mind knowing that you have a great management staff that believes in you .
I can say it's truly a blessing to work in such a great environment with caring people...
Awesome company with a lot of opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2016
Great company to work for with career opportunities throughout the southern United States. The people are what makes the difference, fun place to work.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
4.5
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 8, 2016
check in with CSR staff and GM for any pertinent info. Check e-mail and respond. Follow up with CSR daily routine to ensure we are not behind or having any issues. Assist GM or other staff with any task
Pros
team kicked butt!
Cons
we had trouble growing the branch
chaotic at the time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 1, 2016
In 1 year practically every management position has changed at least 2 times, the right hand does not know what the left is doing
Pros
good people
Cons
chaos
hard place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 8, 2015
They definitely have management problems every time management changes everything changes no consideration for outside sales reps
Pros
company provided transportation
Cons
push their sales reps too hard no considerations taken for area or weather
The most enjoyable part of the job
Warranty Consultant - Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was able to solve customers issues and sign them up on a service that will help their needs. I love working with people and finding out what services we can provide for them,
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sales department shut down
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of scheduling lots of paperwork, answering phone calls and supplying help for the builders. Management was terrible she was never there and when she was she sat in her office all day as if no one else existed. co workers were very friendly, but I worked with alot of women that had a lot of emotional drama.The hardest part of my job was when a lady quit within the first 2 weeks of being hired and i instantly had to pick up the slack with no notice. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go with the installers and train and see beautiful homes,
Pros
free lunch, parties
Cons
short breaks, bad management, no recognition
Fun office staff, Great General Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  escondido, CAMay 13, 2015
Daily sales calls and sales presentations. Field inspections and public interactions. Upper management did not support the California branches and changed the pay plan on numerous occasions, causing hardship and needless stress
Pros
ability to close sales and produce revenue
Cons
staffing and mis-communication with upper mamangement
You can do better
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxNovember 13, 2014
Management does not come from sales background and often has not clue on what is realistic and possible in an outside sales position. Often just looking at numbers and not seeing past the human factor. Outside sales has to be done when customer are at home, during daylight hours. Not when it is pitch black knocking on customers doors or school when no one is home. Too much dead time for the amount of hours it takes to do the job. A good four to five hours to get face to face with customers, but left with the remaining hours wasting time. Follow up customers only takes about an hour to do. Excellent for a starter job, but not a career position.
Pros
company vehicle and outside.
Cons
door to door, in all weather conditions.
Great Company to work for.
Service Manager/Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2014
If you want a great company to work for, you need to apply for this company. I really enjoyed working here when I was employed. They look out for if things get rough for you. Look them up, they are always hiring for different jobs.
Needs improvement
CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
HomeTeam has the potential to be great. The leadership was very unstable and the lack of focus from management was absurd. There was not any oppurtunity for advancement at all.
great company
Technician (Former Employee) –  port richey, flJuly 9, 2014
Working for hometeam was a great experience for me. I learned some great sales techniques. I also learned a lot about the pest control industry. Everyone from my managers to my co-workers were great to work with. The best part of the job was all the customers i was able to meet. i developed relationships with a handful of them and they appreciated everything i did for them.
Good opportunity to gain the experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2014
I worked for this company for four years and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to better my customer service skills and knowledge.
A typical day at work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2014
Is coming to work each & every day to see the other co-workers/ team players.Everyone got along & has fun when we are at work with this company its not just a job its a career. They do care about there employees, here they make you feel like you are family and part of something great. They make you feel that you are wanted and that your are a professional.This company really does care about there customer.Most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work every day with no stress & taking care of my customers & working as team player with the other co-workers/family.Then going home to my family with no stress.With company you always had time for your family. Overall It's Great Company to work for !
Ok place to work
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 22, 2014
All and all a good place to work but management doesn't seem to be available to handle all aspects of job when necessary.
Everything about them is a lie!
Tech (Former Employee) –  SacramentoMay 15, 2013
From the first day of till the end I was told nothing but lies and false promises. There are many other pest control companies out there all of which I'm sure are a million times better than Hometeam.
Pros
the other techs were cool guys
Cons
everything about working there.
A typicial Day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park MarylandSeptember 14, 2012
I would clock in and then enter all of the customer payments after that I would call the customers to schedule their service and then do all of my collections calls and quality assurance calls and print out the techs service tickets and apointment list for the next day and answer the phone and take care of the customers issuesand what ever else needed to be done for management. I would also schedule the tech's out foe the month and print reports
Pros
they reconizied you when you gave great customer service
Cons
sometimes management would take things out on you if they are having a bac day
fun place to work
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 31, 2012
this is a great place to work they are very personal there to the point you will me the ceo once a year on a town hall meeting and he will tell you what projects there working on for the year
Pros
working outside
Cons
long days and 6 days a week
13 hour days
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2012
To be honest 13 hour days in 110 degree weather 6 days a week takes a toll on one's body. Management was not understanding to the fatigue in which the technician were experiencing. I wish the company the best and have no hard feelings but sometimes things don't work out.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
60-70 hr work weeks doesn't allow much time for family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Team Pest Defense. Our community is ready to answer.