Home of the Good Shepherd Employee Reviews

One of the worst places I have worked
CNA (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 21, 2017
Terrible management and most of the staff was unpleasant as well. Very sad to see that these things go in and out elderly aren't treated the way they should be. Several staffing issues and because of the management not caring about anything but making a profit, the staff and residents suffer; multiple situations on a daily basis where staff is forced to do lifts without proper equipment and proper assistance. Many residents that live here require care outside of the realm that this facility can offer but management is too worried about making money off of them. Many shifts are so busy and so understaffed that employees can't take their breaks. And good luck trying to earn a raise, rarely happens, if ever; even if you have worked there for a long time.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Not a good place to work!
LPN (Former Employee) –  MultipleApril 20, 2017
Management strong arms people and fires individuals when they need to cover themselves. A lot of promises given. Be prepared to work short and have a target on your back. Ask around. GPN got her license and then they fired her for no reason. BEWARE!
Pros
few
Cons
its a job
Love the residents
Transportation/HHA (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 30, 2016
I love my job in taking care of the residents. They are great people. And most of the co workers are great to work with. As long as you do your job and stick to yourself you are alright
Pros
The reward everyday of caring for the residents
I love residents and coworkers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 10, 2016
Love working here just relocated. .looking for something closer to home. Great people. .pleasant atmosphere. .pay is good
Pros
Pleasant people
Cons
Not a good retirement
Could Be Much Better
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Town of Moreau, NYAugust 22, 2016
A typical night @ work is room checks every hr. Bathroom schedules every 2 hr. Answer call bells, many bed alarms. Set dining room for breakfast. Laundry and set rooms up with linens. Resident get ups six each and showers, bed changes A lot of lifting .Management do not listen. Most of the time no dinner break. Not getting out on time if you do your job properly. Attitudes are very bad from most co-workers. The best part of the job is the residents and knowing they look for you to be there, giving them something to laugh about.
Pros
The resident you care for
Cons
no breaks, working constantly on your feet.
Fine for a temporary stop.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 9, 2016
Great Employees, horrible management! No merit raises, no recognition for anything from the top. Pitchin' in and helping means nothing. Filling in for the same employees that call off weekly gets aggravating. They are not paid enough to stay, major turnover!
The residents are awesome.
Best job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 31, 2015
This job is inevitably the best job ive ever had.
A lot of people talk down about it, but they are people who have not worked in terrible understaffed facilities with supervisors and aides who do not care about anything.
The hardest part of the job is certain residents that we have, but our administration has done their best to only bring in residents who are fit for the facility.
I personally have the best coworkers, theres select few that have sour attitudes but they are only bringing down their own day to day work experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
few bad atttidues
Assisted living
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYNovember 22, 2015
This Place was a great facility to start my career off with. It was patients home which was great with building relationships with each patient and knowing there daily routines. Also learning more about being the medical field.
Very poor Management, No staff support
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 23, 2015
A for profit ALR. Very poor administration. Full time not available. Pay rate incease not available even after years of employment. High employee turnover. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
high staff turnover, no paid holidays, no performance reviews, no raises
Staffing issues
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Town of Moreau, NYJune 22, 2014
This company has multiple staffing issues! They hire people that never show up. The turn over rate is horrible. But they use and abuse staff as far as scheduling goes. This is NOT a good place to work!!!
Pros
Residents are wonderful
Cons
Overwork staff
Great workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 18, 2013
Everyday is challenging and hard, but whenever I see the smiles of the residents, it melts my heart and drives me to do more for them. The activity director taught me a lot, and I am very thankful for it. The hardest part of the job, is everyday you have to introduce yourself again; for some residents forget you. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. Volunteering in Good Shepherd is one of the most special experience I ever had.
Fun people and good environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYMay 6, 2013
Everyone at HoGS had a good attitude (for the most part) and were fun to work with. The only problem was the CEO wanted everyone to be pushed to the limits, max profit and minimum expense so people often got overworked and were made to do things that shouldn't have been done with only one or two people.

Overall a good experience but there were a few things that irked me morally.