Home of the Good Shepherd Employee Reviews

the perfect 90 day job
poo poo cleaner (Former Employee), MaltaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: residents
Cons: management
be forwarned,

this company hires to fire so they don't have to offer benefits. if you're looking for something for 90 days, just for a paycheck; this is your place. Take the job and immediately start looking for other work.

the residents are the only perk, well besides cleaning up their excrament.
Awful
LPN (Former Employee), Malta nyJuly 23, 2014
Worst place I ever worked they dress it up nicely and that's it
Staffing issues
Anonymous (Current Employee), Town of Moreau, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: residents are wonderful
Cons: overwork staff
This company has multiple staffing issues! They hire people that never show up. The turn over rate is horrible. But they use and abuse staff as far as scheduling goes. This is NOT a good place to work!!!
Worst Place TO Work
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Malta, NYJune 1, 2014
you will be lucky if you make it a year people who work there bust their butt never call in and are always there on time get treated badly ask any of the 100 people the owner fired because she gets her panties in a bunch dont waste your time here go elsewhere you will do better and be better off
Darden is a great company
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Current Employee), Wilton, NYApril 27, 2014
Pros: working with a large, diverse group of individuals
Cons: juggling family, home, work and school
Olive Garden was a great place to work. There were opportunities for individual advancement. I was able to gain valuable food service experience the entry level through mid-level management.
Great workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Malta, NYDecember 18, 2013
Everyday is challenging and hard, but whenever I see the smiles of the residents, it melts my heart and drives me to do more for them. The activity director taught me a lot, and I am very thankful for it. The hardest part of the job, is everyday you have to introduce yourself again; for some residents forget you. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. Volunteering in Good Shepherd is one of the most special experience I ever had.
Fun people and good environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Wilton, NYMay 6, 2013
Everyone at HoGS had a good attitude (for the most part) and were fun to work with. The only problem was the CEO wanted everyone to be pushed to the limits, max profit and minimum expense so people often got overworked and were made to do things that shouldn't have been done with only one or two people.

Overall a good experience but there were a few things that irked me morally.