Home of the Innocents

Home of the Innocents Employee Reviews

Nice place to wotk with medically fragile children. Is the most enjoyable part,
RN (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 1, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: hard work
Nice place to wotk with medically fragile children. A typical day at work is typical.knknknknknknknknknknknknkn, khkhkhkh
A great place to work overall.
Administrative Asst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 20, 2015
Pros: A big office to work in. Salaried employee.
Cons: Pay no raises
A very busy place to work but I loved it. I learned something new every day. There were so many people that I enjoyed working with and are still my friends even though I no longer work there.

The hardest part of my job was hearing about the sickness of each child every day, that is the reason I had to make a change.

The most enjoyable part of my job were the kids in our dept. and the people that I worked with and my job overall.
Fun envirment with focus on the chidren's well being.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Typical day started with assessment, medication administration, supercision od CNA and playing with children during spare time.

I learned to be thankful and to take a day at a time. I learned that we should take each day as if it were our last one.
I love my coworkers and management, very hard working and caring people.

Seeing the children sick or dying:( was the hardest thing.

Most enjoyable part of my job was to see the childrens faces each day and a smile on their little faces.
Awesome Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I enjoyed working with the children. It was a fulfilling place to work. It was hard to leave work at work though. It takes special people to be able to work there.
Enjoyed working there with the kids
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee), 1100 east maket streetFebruary 4, 2015
a typical day at work was always full of excitement and joy I loved the smiling kids I treated them with the same love and care I treat my daughter with. I learned that working with kid is something I enjoy doing I also learned that work is only hard when make it hard. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers cause they were always in good spirits and always willing to help. the hardest part of my job was coming to work and hearing that one of our kids had pasted away. the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on my kids faces everyday
A place were sadness exist, and could be changes if staff were equipped emotionally, and had the proper education to make a change in a childs life
Relief Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: if you put forth you could actually change a childs life
Cons: too many chiefs, employees with more emotional and personal issues than the clients/residents. unprofessional staff, undereducated to effectively manange residents. pay too low
To many inconsistencies in both staff and approach therapeutic methodology. Undereducated staff, those in leadership roles were not effective "LEADERS" Chief system. Self important people doing unimportant things constantly; if, you were there to make a change in a child's life, they cut your hours and attempt to discredit your intentions.
bad place to work
lpn clinic nurse (Former Employee), louisville kyJune 24, 2014
kids get excellent care upper command terrible racial discrimination if you are not black or gay don't work at HOTI . Treat employee's very bad
Work place
CNA (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Nice pediatric facility to work for you will fall in love with the facility and children
treatment based services
Resident Counselor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2014
Very great place to work. Very friendly staff. Learned a lot about children and crisis and how to interact with these children
Productive and rewarding day helping less fortunate children
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, management, co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Pick up, wash, dry, fold, and deliver bed linen and bathing linen for children whom are unable to d such for themselves. I have learned to always be humble and look for the gold behind the rainbow. Meaning look for the good in every bad situation. My management is pretty cool, laid back, but firm. My co-workers are just as hard working as I am, and have become more like home away from home. Being in a friendly atmosphere has to be the most enjoyable part of my job. It out weighs the bad.
I do not think this is good place to work. Staff is unhappy and work environment is hostile.
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2013
Pros: learned that this is not the place i want to work.
Cons: lots of gossiping and back stabbing.
1. There were a few nurses who would give you a detailed report to enable you to start your day prepared.
2. Staff had a lot of complaints about constant policy changes and how human resource director was an ego maniac. One day shift supervisor was very rude and talked down to the staff and us students. This place has unhappy staff.
3. Activity department was great with the kids.
4. I don't think that I could work with kids with disabilities like these kids have. They require lots of care.
5. I didn't enjoy this rotation at all.
Productive and Efficient
SPN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2013
Fun and friendly work environment with great staff. Care of patients always came first and provided an efficient learning environment for all the SPNs.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2013
Pros: working with the special needs kids
Cons: nothing
i would help take kids on field trip to the zoo, movies, the pool, and other places. I also helped with arts & crafts. I loved helping to kids that couldnt to it for themselfs
Very Stressful
Residential Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 27, 2013
The atmosphere was tense and the employees were over worked and not compensated for their efforts. This job offered excellent experience in crisis management.
Great place for kids
Safe exchange monitor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 6, 2013
Pros: sense that you are doing a good thing for kids, good work environment mostly.
Cons: low pay, not much chances to move up.
The work can vary on what you do. I do enjoy helping out the kids and the clients. Don't expect to get paid much though, its a job that helps out the community.
Stressful and disorganized. Poor management
Residential Clinical Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 1, 2013
Therapists were over worked and had poorly skilled supervisors. Poor communication and unethical practices.
Home of the Innocents is a horrible place to work.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: helping children
Cons: biased, vindicative, belligerent, and incompetent management.
-Management is incompetent and overpaid
-Finances are a mess
-Impossible to maintain a work / life balance, particularly for if you are a woman
-Some managers behave do not uphold values of non-discrimination

This opinion is based on my professional experience and observations.
Did not get a chance to experience pay salary at this position
Intern Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2012
Pros: the free time to plan week's schedule and affordable lunch and dinner
Cons: nothing i can think of.
The co-workers were great, especially the therapists. The children are usually at school, which gives us plenty of time to plan groups and activities for the week. Great mission statement and 100% of the donation goes to making the place better.
Did not get a chance to experience pay salary at this position
Intern Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2012
Pros: the free time to plan week's schedule and affordable lunch and dinner
Cons: nothing i can think of.