Home of the Innocents Employee Reviews

Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2016
everyone at the job is like family. i learned to deal with medically fragile children. they have good benefits and its easy so accumulate time off. the job isn't too hard and probably one of the most laid back places to work that still provides you experience that you wouldn't necessarily get in a regular nursing home.
Horrible place to work
Mislead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2016
Micro managing, no appreciation or respect for staff. Management gossip along with staff and back stab and get many people fired. Even great people get fired. No one sticks up for each other because afraid of retaliation. Management doesn't stand up for the truth or there subordinates. Don't expect many pay raises. Management get frustrated when asking for help or understanding something. No one to talk to when something is wrong because if they don't agree they will make sure your career here isn't long. To easy of a job for the amount of stress the staff causes.

Read all the comments, not much has changed with the place from what people said years ago to now :(
Pros
Easy job, kids are treated greatly, clean facility
Cons
Way to much gossip by everyone including management, back stabbing, no where to look for advice or help, micro management, poor management, no respect from staff or management toward anyone. And much more.
Strong workforce
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2016
Good organization with good values. Have worked for the organization for a year. more pros than cons. Secure job, friendly people, always willing to help you learn and grow
Fun with the residents.
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
Home of the Innocents is for nurses and CNAs with huge hearts. I have worked at a few other places and all have their challenges. I have been at the Home for several years and yes it also has it challenges. I have read some great reviews of the Home and some not so great. My observations the past year have been these. I love working with coworkers who truly care for the residents with their whole heart. The smiles from the residents are priceless. Coworkers who are team players, and if sees a possible issue helps to resolve them. I can go on and on. But what breaks my heart is seeing workers who are at the Home for just a paycheck. These are the workers who are spoken to regarding job performance and/or attitude. These are workers who call in more then coming to work. These are the workers who speak negative about everything to make themselves look better. The Home is a great place to work if you have job knowledge and a huge heart. If you are someone just wanting a paycheck, this may not be the place for you.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
The few employees who complain more then work.
taking caref the childern
cna (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2015
getting the kids up and ready for the day rather its going to school or just staying in for the day. A great place to work if you like taking care of those who cant take care of themselves.
Don't work here!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2015
If you want to be micromanaged from every direction, this is the company for you. The clinical supervisors bully staff and are in an internal power struggle to grasp at attention from upper management. Nurses are expected to supervise CNA's but are not supported by supervisors when disciplinary action needs to be taken. This has resulted in injuries and irresponsible care takers being employed way to long. Favoritism is prevalent and there is no teamwork especially from staff who has been here the longest. Compensation is low for the area and our benefits are dwindling each year. This is the worst place I've ever worked and it's not something I would recommend to my worse enemy.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The management, low pay, constant staff changes
Productive and fast pace work environment
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
fast pace work environment, family oriented work place with caring people, accessible management
I learned how to work well under pressure as well enhanced within time management. I learned various resources in the community to aid with the families I served. I enhanced my therapy skills within individual, group, and family settings, as well as leadership skills. The hardest part of my job was to keep a safe and emotional distance in order to maintain healthy boundaries and appropriate self-care. I loved the flexibility of my job. I created my own schedule that worked best for me which allowed me to serve my clients to the best of my ability.
Pros
flexibility, make your own schedule
Cons
hectic and long days, low pay
Fun Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  east market streetJune 17, 2015
The kids are great you cant help but love each and every on of them.Getting to spend time with them and play with them is rewarding.
Pros
the children playing and loving them
Cons
no appreciation, short staff
Nice place to wotk with medically fragile children. Is the most enjoyable part,
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2015
Nice place to wotk with medically fragile children. A typical day at work is typical.knknknknknknknknknknknknkn, khkhkhkh
Pros
working with children
Cons
hard work
A great place to work overall.
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2015
A very busy place to work but I loved it. I learned something new every day. There were so many people that I enjoyed working with and are still my friends even though I no longer work there.

The hardest part of my job was hearing about the sickness of each child every day, that is the reason I had to make a change.

The most enjoyable part of my job were the kids in our dept. and the people that I worked with and my job overall.
Pros
A big office to work in. Salaried employee.
Cons
Pay no raises

Want to know more about Home of the Innocents?

Ask a question
Fun envirment with focus on the chidren's well being.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Typical day started with assessment, medication administration, supercision od CNA and playing with children during spare time.

I learned to be thankful and to take a day at a time. I learned that we should take each day as if it were our last one.
I love my coworkers and management, very hard working and caring people.

Seeing the children sick or dying:( was the hardest thing.

Most enjoyable part of my job was to see the childrens faces each day and a smile on their little faces.
Awesome Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. I enjoyed working with the children. It was a fulfilling place to work. It was hard to leave work at work though. It takes special people to be able to work there.
Enjoyed working there with the kids
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  1100 east maket streetFebruary 4, 2015
a typical day at work was always full of excitement and joy I loved the smiling kids I treated them with the same love and care I treat my daughter with. I learned that working with kid is something I enjoy doing I also learned that work is only hard when make it hard. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers cause they were always in good spirits and always willing to help. the hardest part of my job was coming to work and hearing that one of our kids had pasted away. the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on my kids faces everyday
A place were sadness exist, and could be changes if staff were equipped emotionally, and had the proper education to make a change in a childs life
Relief Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
To many inconsistencies in both staff and approach therapeutic methodology. Undereducated staff, those in leadership roles were not effective "LEADERS" Chief system. Self important people doing unimportant things constantly; if, you were there to make a change in a child's life, they cut your hours and attempt to discredit your intentions.
Pros
if you put forth you could actually change a childs life
Cons
too many chiefs, employees with more emotional and personal issues than the clients/residents. unprofessional staff, undereducated to effectively manange residents. pay too low
bad place to work
lpn clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  louisville kyJune 24, 2014
kids get excellent care upper command terrible racial discrimination if you are not black or gay don't work at HOTI . Treat employee's very bad
Work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2014
Nice pediatric facility to work for you will fall in love with the facility and children
treatment based services
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2014
Very great place to work. Very friendly staff. Learned a lot about children and crisis and how to interact with these children
Productive and rewarding day helping less fortunate children
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Pick up, wash, dry, fold, and deliver bed linen and bathing linen for children whom are unable to d such for themselves. I have learned to always be humble and look for the gold behind the rainbow. Meaning look for the good in every bad situation. My management is pretty cool, laid back, but firm. My co-workers are just as hard working as I am, and have become more like home away from home. Being in a friendly atmosphere has to be the most enjoyable part of my job. It out weighs the bad.
Pros
benefits, management, co-workers
Cons
short breaks
I do not think this is good place to work. Staff is unhappy and work environment is hostile.
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2013
1. There were a few nurses who would give you a detailed report to enable you to start your day prepared.
2. Staff had a lot of complaints about constant policy changes and how human resource director was an ego maniac. One day shift supervisor was very rude and talked down to the staff and us students. This place has unhappy staff.
3. Activity department was great with the kids.
4. I don't think that I could work with kids with disabilities like these kids have. They require lots of care.
5. I didn't enjoy this rotation at all.
Pros
learned that this is not the place i want to work.
Cons
lots of gossiping and back stabbing.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2013
i would help take kids on field trip to the zoo, movies, the pool, and other places. I also helped with arts & crafts. I loved helping to kids that couldnt to it for themselfs
Pros
working with the special needs kids
Cons
nothing

2.7