Home of the Innocents Employee Reviews

love working with the kids
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2017
love working with the kids. management changes rules/minds frequently. New CEO is trying to make a difference. He is trying to retain good employees.
would not recommend at all.
Homebuilders Family Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 16, 2017
the job would had been ok, but the Supervisor was unrealistic, and very unfair, made the job very difficult. She was late on several occasions when I was meeting with her at a home to follow.
I love my career at HOTI KCPCC
LPN (Current Employee) –  KcpccApril 13, 2017
I have been a employee of home of the innocents for over 5 years. I started out as a cna and am now a nurse. This place is my home and the employees and kids are my second family. The job is so rewarding, the smiles on the kids faces will make your day. Management has its ups and downs, as do all places and benefits are not the very best. But a bad day here beats a good day anywhere else! I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.
Pros
Kids, coworkers
Benefits
Kccpcc area
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyMarch 24, 2017
The special needs kids sit for long hours in their wheel chairs night shift gets them up at 5am and who they dont get up day shidt does at 7am. There is NO confidentially they gossip from the top down. They have favorites. They have lazy nurses and lazy cna's. Management does what they want the rules change daily. They care more about what extra work they can give you then the actual kids. Lots of extra work that doesnt even go with being a cna, housekeeping ccleaning etc.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Management, benefits, hours, wages
Resident Counselor
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2017
Place has no dignity. Program supervisors partners father was passing and they fired the PS because he could not come in. He was a great worker cared about the kids and just about all rc's wanted to work with/for him. No appreciation for those who cared.
Fast paced and exciting
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
Organized staff to participate with he residents. I enjoyed going to work to interact and participate with the staff and residents. Great place to be able to build on skills or just to learn new ones. No day is the same and you have to be able to change your plans on a seconds notice.
Severe safety concerns
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2017
Management has little to no concern for the safety of its resident counselors. Most of the houses are staffed with only one adult at night and two during the day. Counselors are physically and verbally assaulted by clients and nothing is done. People coming in with experience and new ideas are looked down on. Don't expect to make a difference here.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
No breaks, You work through lunch without pay, There is a high probability of being physically assaulted, Can not count in other staff members to backyou up, management that does not care about their staff
Rewarding Job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2017
Amazing facility, great staff, low stress. Not very fast paced. Kids get the best care around! Their smiles can change your whole day!
Great Place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 23, 2017
I feel HOTI is a great place and a wonderful resource for parents /children. I feel the tools that we teach the teenagers will help them as the become young adults.
Pros
I love the staff i work with.
Cons
PRN/Part-time staff should be allowed to have PTO hours.
Rude, no room for growth
Emergency child placement (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 15, 2016
No, respect. I came in with a degree and was pushed pushed out and set up. They do not respect anyone coming in on a higher level. They were backed by HR. I was not the only one.
kids are great management is terrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2016
Could be one of the best places to work except for the management is horrible. The management/supervisors do not have to interest of the staff at heart. They can not be trusted and makes rumors to get people they do not like fired. The Don is just as bad as the management below her. They sit back and gossip about people and if you go to her or other management about a situation they go back and talk about you with other staff behind your back and then you hear about it from fellow co workers. Kids are amazing but the company needs help. Also pay is terrible. staff that has been here for 5 plus years are not even making 20 an hour yet.
Pros
the kids
Cons
management
The kids are great. HR/admin very unprofessional
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 17, 2016
Loved working there and got pretty attached to some of those kids. Rewarding job. Fellow employees are great. Pay wasn't great. HR/admin is the most unprofessional and dishonest I've ever encountered. You can't believe anything they say. Very unpleasant. As much as I loved the kids management is so bad that I can't say that I'd do it again I had the chance.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Unprofessional mgmt
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2016
everyone at the job is like family. i learned to deal with medically fragile children. they have good benefits and its easy so accumulate time off. the job isn't too hard and probably one of the most laid back places to work that still provides you experience that you wouldn't necessarily get in a regular nursing home.
Daily assessment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2016
Daily head to toe physical assessment.
Medication Administration via g-tube or po
Ventilator monitoring
Suctioning via trach, nasal or orally
Horrible place to work
Mislead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2016
Micro managing, no appreciation or respect for staff. Management gossip along with staff and back stab and get many people fired. Even great people get fired. No one sticks up for each other because afraid of retaliation. Management doesn't stand up for the truth or there subordinates. Don't expect many pay raises. Management get frustrated when asking for help or understanding something. No one to talk to when something is wrong because if they don't agree they will make sure your career here isn't long. To easy of a job for the amount of stress the staff causes.

Read all the comments, not much has changed with the place from what people said years ago to now :(
Pros
Easy job, kids are treated greatly, clean facility
Cons
Way to much gossip by everyone including management, back stabbing, no where to look for advice or help, micro management, poor management, no respect from staff or management toward anyone. And much more.
Strong workforce
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2016
Good organization with good values. Have worked for the organization for a year. more pros than cons. Secure job, friendly people, always willing to help you learn and grow
Fun with the residents.
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
Home of the Innocents is for nurses and CNAs with huge hearts. I have worked at a few other places and all have their challenges. I have been at the Home for several years and yes it also has it challenges. I have read some great reviews of the Home and some not so great. My observations the past year have been these. I love working with coworkers who truly care for the residents with their whole heart. The smiles from the residents are priceless. Coworkers who are team players, and if sees a possible issue helps to resolve them. I can go on and on. But what breaks my heart is seeing workers who are at the Home for just a paycheck. These are the workers who are spoken to regarding job performance and/or attitude. These are workers who call in more then coming to work. These are the workers who speak negative about everything to make themselves look better. The Home is a great place to work if you have job knowledge and a huge heart. If you are someone just wanting a paycheck, this may not be the place for you.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
The few employees who complain more then work.
taking caref the childern
cna (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2015
getting the kids up and ready for the day rather its going to school or just staying in for the day. A great place to work if you like taking care of those who cant take care of themselves.
Don't work here!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2015
If you want to be micromanaged from every direction, this is the company for you. The clinical supervisors bully staff and are in an internal power struggle to grasp at attention from upper management. Nurses are expected to supervise CNA's but are not supported by supervisors when disciplinary action needs to be taken. This has resulted in injuries and irresponsible care takers being employed way to long. Favoritism is prevalent and there is no teamwork especially from staff who has been here the longest. Compensation is low for the area and our benefits are dwindling each year. This is the worst place I've ever worked and it's not something I would recommend to my worse enemy.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The management, low pay, constant staff changes
Productive and fast pace work environment
Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
fast pace work environment, family oriented work place with caring people, accessible management
I learned how to work well under pressure as well enhanced within time management. I learned various resources in the community to aid with the families I served. I enhanced my therapy skills within individual, group, and family settings, as well as leadership skills. The hardest part of my job was to keep a safe and emotional distance in order to maintain healthy boundaries and appropriate self-care. I loved the flexibility of my job. I created my own schedule that worked best for me which allowed me to serve my clients to the best of my ability.
Pros
flexibility, make your own schedule
Cons
hectic and long days, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home of the Innocents. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8