HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
CSR (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJuly 29, 2015
I loved working here, the people are all great, and they truly care about their employees. If it wasn't for moving, I would have stayed with the company much longer.
GREAT company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Culture and people
Cons: parking (lol)
Great culture, good people and fun job! A typical day is showing up and helping people find safe and efficient contractors to do work around their home. I truly felt like I was helping people in need. The service was FREE to the homeowners. Their rating system was honest and helpful. I learned all about home improvement projects and how cool some of them really are. Management was always open and approachable. Co-workers were great people! Hardest part of the job would be loosing track of time. You get so "into" calls you forget what time it is! The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a relaxed environment where you truly feel like you are helping people find legitimate plumbers, carpenters, landscapers, roofers....you name it regarding home improvements. Loved working there!
The Down Falls!
Senior Account Specialist/Sales (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Compensation
Cons: Having to be in the manger click to advance
I worked at HomeAdvisor formally ServiceMagic for 4 years and it is great. my title is not any fault but the corporate decision of america. When I first started things were great but now things have turned just like every corporate business your a number in a pool of pawns. I did great and when i was ready for advancement and pushing hard to get my foot in the door to be a manager I was shunned on and pushed away I put effort in that many would not have unless they'd have the position already. the people at HomeAdvisor are great and the training has changed so much since I started they will never get what they had back unless that is changed from that point of entry. any ways i may still go back and work my way up again to the highest level before management!
Great place with amazing work force
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Cash spiffs
Cons: dependng on contractors word
This was a great place for many reasons . The Company works hard and play hard . They really want you to be successful .I love the opportunity to make a lot of money and with the tools they gave us this made it very easy .
Productive and fun work place
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSJune 29, 2015
Great place to work at, fast paced, great energy. Not alot of opportunity for management.I learned how to prospect and give good customer service.
Marketing Sales Consultant (Former Employee), GoldenJune 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Culture/ Wonderful coworkers/ directors
Let's just say I put 10 years in. It was great for me. Great culture/ Great benefits & a few great top directors.Some managers should NEVER MANAGE A TEAM. It was time for me to go. I would've stayed if I could. Great place to overcome objections. Learn sales 101
Productive and fun work place w/a ping pong table and free beverages
Online Marketing Business Consultant (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Productive and fun work place w/a ping pong table and free beverages. It's a great place to work all the way across the board. I can't find anything bad to say about the place.
Not a bad place to work
Phone Sales Rep (Current Employee), Lenex, KsFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: salary and compensation
Cons: no advancement, no job security
Homeadvisor is a great job, a typical day here starts out with a motivational meeting to get the blood pumped and the team mates all on the same page for success, learning new methods of objection rebuttal. Management is very supportive of there team works for us not over us and makes the job as fun as possible. Co workers are high energy with lots to laugh about and to keep the stress levels down as it is a call center job. The hardest part of my job is the ability to convince contractors that my product is the product they should buy, however, it is doable with the right kind of personality and honesty and persistence The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to help our customers make money, when at first they were scared to try us for what ever reason the best part is seeing how happy they are when they see it works.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Only downside was that the commission structure was constantly changing. So income was inconsistent.
only closers make money
sales (Current Employee), denverJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: money, no weekends, good facilties, pto
Cons: sales can be tough, old technology and lazy co workers
Great place to work, the sales can be tough but if you have a good work ethic and can close you can make good money. The only real negative is some of the people that work there. Theres alot of young inexperienced sales people that are bad at sales and are uncoachable.
great people
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 22, 2014
this companies legit. if your looking for something consistent and fun. this is place legit
LiVTEL
Online Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 8, 2014
It was small hole in the wall work place but was nice and cool. The people made the place. Management wasn't on the up and up however.
sales
Sales (Current Employee), Lenexa KsJuly 25, 2014
They don't care if you succeed, only out for themselves and money. do not give the tools to succeed
Review
Online Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 15, 2014
HomeAdvisor did get a lot of employment complaints from employees. This place does offer really great pay and benefits but when it comes to the management, they are unwilling to help you.
Competitve, Money Motivated Workplace w/great people.
Promoted to Senior Advisor after first year (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 11, 2014
Pros: ping pong table, solid benefits package.
Cons: some management issues.
HomeAdvisor is an easy place to come for work each day. Great pay and great people. I'd recommend this job to anybody.
Great Culture
MIT (Current Employee), Golden, COJune 24, 2014
Pros: the team culture is fun
Cons: near impossible quotas when you rarely talk to people on the phone
It is the hardest sales job I have ever had. It requires cold calling to contractors to get them to spend money for a marketing package. Most of these guys have a hard time understanding needing to "pay" to get work; so is a very hard sell. Great benefits
Not worthy of top 10 status
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), DenverJune 12, 2014
Lots of turnover in sales and upper management. Old technology.Bad marketing of the brand. Some good jobs here and some bad.
Fun Co-workers
Online Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Golden, COJune 10, 2014
Extremely repetitive with no room for advancement. A lot of false promises made in the interview.
HomeAdvisor.com
Sales Solutions Team Member (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 3, 2014
I love my work family and coming into work each day. We do so many fun things here for holidays and just because events.
Fun place to work with great people
Inside sales (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free pop and cash spiffs
Cons: bad company reviews, several customers lost a great deal of money and was unable to get their needs met.
After several months of customers saying they would purchase this product, then searched the company reviews and refused to buy or I was unable to make contact after such great conversations with several contractors nationwide. This caused me to not be able to reach my goals; sales and commissions in-order to make this worth my efforts of driving 30 miles one way to be let down everyday. The staff was great to work with, very fun people, very high stress environment and most everyone complained of the same issues.

I think the company itself is a great product, it is the reason why I continued to try and find someone to fit their needs to help homeowners across the nation feel safe when letting someone in their home, they didn't know.