HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work with ping pong
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 10, 2017
There's a lot of benefits to working at HA. Especially if you are really good at what you do. Strict measures began to take place recently building-wide, but aside from that it's pretty chill. Personally, I began to get frustrated with having different coaching sessions and being told different things, so I haven't necessarily found my groove yet, but once you dear, I hear it's smooth sailing after that.
Fun Place
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 26, 2017
HomeAdvisor has helped over 25 million homeowners via a series of innovative tools including: ProFinder, Project CostGuide, Home911, HomeSavvy and 1800 Contractor. The company generates revenue in excess of $200 million and has approximately 1200 employees with offices in Denver, Kanas City, London, Southern France and Berlin. Every 5 seconds a consumer turns to HomeAdvisor for help with their home.
Good Pay and Benefits
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
Great compensation structure for sales reps, managers and directors. Very large company but do a good job creating and maintaining culture in each individual office. You will need to deal with "normal" office politics and situations but overall it is a great company and I had a very good experience there.
Do not work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 16, 2017
First off they lie to you to get you to work there. They make you think its going to be a great place to work... Its not. You get one week to learn everything then you're on your own. If you dont hit a certain amount of time your terminated. If any of the "managers" don't like you they will look for anything to get rid of you. If you dont make enough commission you're terminated. Its also like highschool too where the employees have their little friends and bully employees they dont like and try to get them fired. They tell you if you're struggling to keep up they'll help you, but their version of help is telling you if you dont hit prod youll be fired. Everyones so stressed about losing their job cause managment constantly tells us how easily we can lose them. And one of the managers there is a snake she has gone through so many employees due to being fire happy.
Pros
Lots of free food and soda.
Cons
Horrible managment. I gained 20 pounds in 4 months of working there.
Best Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 13, 2017
This is an awsome company people are even better no downers at all we were given a 2 week vacation time off paid from this company last year and they are doing it again this year gave away a 2017 jeep
Pros
bonuses, pto, company functions, people were awsome
Cons
miss goal and you are out of there consistantly
Fun Workplace
Online Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 6, 2017
Was voted one of the best places to work. Has great training and you can make a lot of money if your able to sale over the phone. The enviroment is fun and relaxing
Fun but a lot of work
Admissions Agent (Current Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 5, 2017
You will spend almost all day on the phones and every minute of your day has to be accounted for. That part is not great but they have an amazing culture and the benefits are really great.
decent
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 5, 2017
It's a decent place but with No room for advancement with my previous skills. I am Looking for a job where I can make a difference in the company. Hopefully that will be your company!
Good Company
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
It's a decent work environment that you get to learn a lot about the home services industry. It's a good way to get your foot in the door in a tech company.
great office job but need you need alot of tenacity
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2017
best job i have had as far as compensation, building rapport with customers will take time to master the art but it definitely is worth it. Ive learned to sell harder here than anywhere else.
Startup Atmosphere, Fun People
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2017
I loved working for HA and I miss it every day. It felt like a community more than a job. I would definitely recommend anyone with a positive attitude and a driven spirit to work for them!
Culture Used to Be Amazing, but Not Anymore
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2017
As HomeAdvisor moves towards launching its public stock with the merger with Angie's List, the people have gotten lost.
HomeAdvisor has been an amazing place to work until the last 6 months. It used to focus on the people, which drove performance, because people felt valued and cared about.
Now it focuses on the numbers and the people are falling through the cracks. Its becoming just another call center.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Work Life Balance or Appropriate Recognition
It's alright
Business Customer Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2017
At first it was the best place I've ever worked but now it's changing into just another call center. Things are drastically changing. Managers that have been here forever are being forced out of their positions. Work life balance is being removed. Now we are replaceable as before we were valued.
Pros
Free soda, pay, team and benefits
Cons
New Senior Manager worst decision you all could have ever made
Inside sales rep
Inside Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2017
Reps at this company get churned out quickly and I have to admit with the lack of job security and the lack of oversight in some parts of the job make it a job that you have to push yourself to the next level. Hardest part about the job is losing your drive which I personally never had an issue with because I am the type that will work til I cant stand but others had issues with being able to come in day in and day out. Myself on the other hand I had a hard time dealing with the fact at any moment you can get fired for something that they have a team of people to look into and monitor and lets say one slips....then boom its your responsibility but besides that this company was good and they treated me like a person not a number. You were never micromanaged and never told that your thought or vote didnt count. I would recommend this company to any new salesman out there but make sure you go into it knowing that its a grind each and every single day which is why it hurt so bad to leave, Good things come from surprises like these so well see whats in order for me soon!!! THANK YOU HA for teaching me all you did.
Pros
Compensation, culture
Cons
Job security, up and downs at all times even for the best reps
Great Place to work
Command Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 5, 2017
I love the culture here and how everyone makes you feel like part of the team even on your first day. Job positions are based upon experience in the field and they give everyone a fair chance at the job they feel best suits them if they pass the interview process. With the company expanding and being well known, it does get harder to achieve the higher positions. There are a lot of great benefits with this company, but no annual raises, loyalty bonuses, or other types of money compensation for employees. Instead they provide "treats" to the employees, whether that be lunch, discount tickets to local events etc... I feel that money would be better invested into the pockets of its employees.
Pros
company party, local vendor discounts, food trucks
Cons
no annual raise or cost of living increase
Poor Place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 24, 2017
If you enjoy negative management culture and a workday built for kindergardners join the HomeAdvisor team. There will be no possibility for advancement and the job skills you learn there will transfer to no other career. So if you enjoy being treated like a child and spending all day on the phone arguing with construction folk by all means apply!
Pros
free pop
Cons
no advancement, no transferable skills, treated like child, childlike management
good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
good place to start out of college, learned a lot about sales, cold calling was a huge part of the job. made hundreds of cold calls each day. was tough to meet commission requirements
Typical day at Home Advisor
Project Advisor/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 8, 2017
My day at Home Advisor is calling consumers, both residential and commercial on request that are submitted to the website such as drywall install or repair, carpet cleaning, maid or janitor service, etc. Doing follow up calls to make sure they are being contacted. Along with this putting in new request when needed. Management is good, we always have meetings every morning along with any issue that come to mind. The hardest part of my job would be consumers who do not get contacted by professionals and we have to find out what happened to the pro and resolve this issue. The most enjoyable is to speak with homeowners and business people of all different backgrounds and hearing what improvements they are doing to their home.
Pros
get to work from Home, open schedule time 7am-9am
Cons
Short lunches, not a lot of parking
Anxiety Filled Environment
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 26, 2017
Working at HomeAdvisor wasn't a bad job for being twenty. However while I was there my anxiety sky rocketed. I don't believe I was treated fairly just because I wasn't best friends with our leadership. I say this because those who were friends with leadership were able to do a lot of things they should have never been allowed to. Overall I took any where from 80 to 120 calls in a day. So I have built the ability to work in a high pace call center.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
Short lunch and break, very clicky management
Loud music , free soda not enough money
SALES ACCOMPLISHMENTS (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 20, 2017
They promise you should make 100k a year. Not realalistic when most of your day consists of calling people looking for work or disconnected numbers! If however you are bilingual you can easily make 80 to 100k a year
Pros
Free beer if you hit your sales goals
Cons
Constant threat of being fired if not selling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeAdvisor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9