HomeAdvisor

HomeAdvisor United States Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Phone Sales Rep (Current Employee), Lenex, KsFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: salary and compensation
Cons: no advancement, no job security
Homeadvisor is a great job, a typical day here starts out with a motivational meeting to get the blood pumped and the team mates all on the same page for success, learning new methods of objection rebuttal. Management is very supportive of there team works for us not over us and makes the job as fun as possible. Co workers are high energy with lots to laugh about and to keep the stress levels down as it is a call center job. The hardest part of my job is the ability to convince contractors that my product is the product they should buy, however, it is doable with the right kind of personality and honesty and persistence The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to help our customers make money, when at first they were scared to try us for what ever reason the best part is seeing how happy they are when they see it works.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Only downside was that the commission structure was constantly changing. So income was inconsistent.
only closers make money
sales (Current Employee), denverJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: money, no weekends, good facilties, pto
Cons: sales can be tough, old technology and lazy co workers
Great place to work, the sales can be tough but if you have a good work ethic and can close you can make good money. The only real negative is some of the people that work there. Theres alot of young inexperienced sales people that are bad at sales and are uncoachable.
great people
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 22, 2014
this companies legit. if your looking for something consistent and fun. this is place legit
LiVTEL
Online Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COOctober 8, 2014
It was small hole in the wall work place but was nice and cool. The people made the place. Management wasn't on the up and up however.
sales
Sales (Current Employee), Lenexa KsJuly 25, 2014
They don't care if you succeed, only out for themselves and money. do not give the tools to succeed
Review
Online Sales Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 15, 2014
HomeAdvisor did get a lot of employment complaints from employees. This place does offer really great pay and benefits but when it comes to the management, they are unwilling to help you.
Competitve, Money Motivated Workplace w/great people.
Promoted to Senior Advisor after first year (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSJuly 11, 2014
Pros: ping pong table, solid benefits package.
Cons: some management issues.
HomeAdvisor is an easy place to come for work each day. Great pay and great people. I'd recommend this job to anybody.
Great Culture
MIT (Current Employee), Golden, COJune 24, 2014
Pros: the team culture is fun
Cons: near impossible quotas when you rarely talk to people on the phone
It is the hardest sales job I have ever had. It requires cold calling to contractors to get them to spend money for a marketing package. Most of these guys have a hard time understanding needing to "pay" to get work; so is a very hard sell. Great benefits
Not worthy of top 10 status
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), DenverJune 12, 2014
Lots of turnover in sales and upper management. Old technology.Bad marketing of the brand. Some good jobs here and some bad.
Fun Co-workers
Online Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Golden, COJune 10, 2014
Extremely repetitive with no room for advancement. A lot of false promises made in the interview.
HomeAdvisor.com
Sales Solutions Team Member (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 3, 2014
I love my work family and coming into work each day. We do so many fun things here for holidays and just because events.
Fun place to work with great people
Inside sales (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free pop and cash spiffs
Cons: bad company reviews, several customers lost a great deal of money and was unable to get their needs met.
After several months of customers saying they would purchase this product, then searched the company reviews and refused to buy or I was unable to make contact after such great conversations with several contractors nationwide. This caused me to not be able to reach my goals; sales and commissions in-order to make this worth my efforts of driving 30 miles one way to be let down everyday. The staff was great to work with, very fun people, very high stress environment and most everyone complained of the same issues.

I think the company itself is a great product, it is the reason why I continued to try and find someone to fit their needs to help homeowners across the nation feel safe when letting someone in their home, they didn't know.
have no idea of what it facilities or home advisor are.
na (Former Employee), coOctober 18, 2013
they are not to be trusted in the area of EOE nor in the area of facilities maintenance.
Fun work place with great incentives
Inside Salesman (Former Employee), Golden, COSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great incentives
Cons: hard product to sell
Great place to work place with great benefits and great work environment
HomeAdvisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Golden, COAugust 15, 2013
Pros: great company to work for, health benefits
Cons: pay was not compaired to the amount of work
I would assist our customers with the management and maintenance of there account. I would also ran the Communication Errors Inbox, if one of our professionals was not getting there leads sent to them by Fax, Phone, Email and Text message I was able to research the issue and the find a solution for the problem. I was also a member of the Website Solution Team, where I would be assist with the building and the maintenance of the websites that we build
Fun learning how to market and sell to contractors
Online Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Golden, COApril 28, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: healthcare
I most enjoyed creating various value statements for marketing solutions to different contractors. Sole proprietor business owners seem to resonate well with one type of value statement while corporate business owners resonate well with different positioning statements. It is rewarding to find the perfect marketing solution for each type of contractor depending on their individual needs, preferences and budgetary constraints.
Amazing workplace, amazing peple!
Business Customer Care Rep (Former Employee), Golden, COMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: 30 minute lunch, routine
Ever worked for an employer where every single person in management actually deserves to be there? Me, neither, until HomeAdvisor. Aside from the mediocre pay and the fact that I and about 30 others lost my job due to a "Workforce Reduction", HA was one of the best work experiences I've ever had and I higly recommend it to anyone who would like to gain some incredible CS skills. The trainin is par excellence and the product is phenomenal!
Home Advisor
Senior Marketing Advisor (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: base salary
Its a secure job, but the large corporate atmosphere spites the companies growth. Its a great product - but cookie-cutter management and compensation plans leave the top performers moving on to better positions.
Great Company
Online Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Denver ColoradoJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: company atmospher
Cons: advancement opportunities are limted
Great company to work for, your not micromanaged, benefits are amazing. you get them as soon as you start

February 8, 2013

Sure, you start getting charged for benefits (nice scam worked out with upper mgmt and Aetna) after 1 month, but you pay for them for 6 months before you get a chance to use them. THEY DO NOT ALLOW YOU ANY PERSONAL TIME OFF UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN THERE FOR 6 MONTHS!!! You will pay Aetna during that time and they will love you for it. If you take time off because you are sick, you get written up and 3 strikes you are out. The contractors get tire kickers for leads and in this economy, less and less sign or stay with this system. It's better if the contractor gets his own website and uses DexOne to optimize it.

HomeAdvisor Salaries