HomeAway Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2017
When I first started working at HomeAway it was a great company,but as I finished out my first year, the company started to change for the worse. The management hires people as supervisors who have no formal training on how to work with their agents or team. New hires that did not have any job experience are getting paid more than the senior agents who have been there longer and had more experience. Then the new CEO came in and made drastic changes that only made the job experience worse, and the rapport with customers even more bad. The company needs to restructure their whole business model, and their turnover rate is something serious, because they are not paying people the pay that they deserve and the management is horrible. They do not tend to fix issues with supervisors and agents and other issues. I wanted to highlight the not so good things, because so many people will say the good things, but this place is one of the worse. Beware!
benefits
Fun and productive work place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNAugust 14, 2017
It was a very fun place to work, I would still be working there if the daycare was not closing down. The children that I worked with were great kids. The supervisor was very good at communication and very easy with the schedule.
Pros
reasonable breaks
Great place
Trust And Security (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 11, 2017
Great Company to work fore, very good work and life balance , good benefits, relaxed environment . the people are friendly and management really takes care of you
Cons
pay could be beter
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
Very laid back environment fun place to work overall great workplace everyone is friendly and nice to eachother . They provide anything you need to make your workplace better
Disappointed with Management in CE
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
Management in CE ruined the experience with the company. There are supervisors that didn't do their jobs for months then went to extremes taking it out on the call center reps. HomeAway also has very little advancement unless you have 7+ years of job experience
Pros
Free lunches and snacks, lots of PTO
Cons
Micro-managed, short breaks
Productive and fun work place
Customer Support/Traveler Care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2017
I love HomeAway! There is ample opportunity for you to go anywhere within the company and the benefits are great. There are always changes, so maintaining knowledge of products and staying up to date on changes will get you anywhere you want to go.
Pros
Free snacks, 4 weeks paid vacation per year, 16 hours paid community service/volunteering, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401k, flexible schecules
Cons
Nothing. I love it!
Great atmosphere, excellent management team
Territory Acquisition Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2017
One of the better large operations in Austin. Company has the .com mentality while relying on data sciences to drive success and many of its fast-moving decisions.
Pros
Super fast moving company
Meh
Trust & Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
You are very much just a number but they do have some nice perks. If you value free breakfast and nice holiday parties, then you may be very happy here.
Great, without a family
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2017
This is a great company to work for, if you don't have a family. I found it difficult to balance my work/home life. They were very difficult to work with when adjusting work hours. I had a child in daycare, and with the Austin traffic, it was difficult for me to make it in time from work to daycare. The management had no sympathy, and I ended up paying a lot for weekend baby sitters. The company is rapidly expanding, and not in a good way. Many customers are upset about the newest changes, and they take their frustration out on the lowly customer service representatives.
The perks are amazing, 4 weeks paid vacation a year, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as a 401K and stock options.
Benefits
Cons
Difficulties with Scheduling
Homeaway
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
It's an ok company , not very communicative with owners , when new changes roll out which turns in to angry conversations, but a great company to work for
Very relaxed and not conducive for career building
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2017
The positive about this workplace is that it's a pretty relaxed environment and there's no pressure put on your appearance (dress code). This relaxed workplace is also a negative. Though you are not pressured and/or expected to dress professionally (Business Casual), they lack of quality talent that's hired is why there is such a revolving door in the Customer Service Department.

In reference to management: Their entitlement attitude and lack of education and career growth, creates a frustrating environment for anyone that's looking to grow in their trained field. If you are a well versed, experienced and trained employee coming into to HomeAway you may find that this workplace is not conducive for career building.

In reference to salary: Their salary grade is very competitive to all the other companies in the area and could be a good start for someone (college and high school grads) looking to gain some office experience.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks. Very relaxed dress code.
Cons
Not conducive for Career Building
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
I have worked for a lot of call centers customer service positions and HomeAway is the best I've ever worked in. They treat you like an adult, offer great benefits and empower you to move forward.
Cons
None at the moment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
It is a good place to work.
Great benefits.
Free Food (if thats really so important)
My manager was seriously awesome, but many were not.
didn't see scope in career advancement.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2017
HomeAway is a fun place to work and offers a great work life balance. They offer terrific benefits and it's a wonderful place to work. I highly recommend HomeAway to anyone interested in working here.
i raher not
Property Owner Information Provider (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I'm glad I don't work her any longer, they are not supportive of health choices.
However, with coming from an Expedia background I do believe HomeAway is a great job and the environment is outstanding.
The way the company treats their employees is fantastic.
It's just the management at the location I worked, ruined my career and future at HomeAway.
Great people, work all the time
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
HomeAway is full of talented wonderful employees and offers amazing compensation and benefits. In return you will work all the time. There are a few issues with inter-team coordination, especially after the buyout by Expedia. The Expedia model when applied to the Vacation Rental market is a great challenge to achieve balance in.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Great benefits, and a calm environment. Management is great, and a manager is always available to help. Calls are easy, and it is fun talking to property owners that call in.
Off the books job that paid horribly
Managers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I accepted this job under the assumption there would be advancement in pay and position but I worked 28 days straight, 10 - 12 hour days and was fired for leaving a job I was left on for 36 hours.
Pros
Cons
My boss
Fun and productive work place.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 9, 2017
It was fun meeting people and helping people find what they are looking for. Get to travel while working which is fun. It was fun working with the company and it helped me grow.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Caregiver
Certified Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 1, 2017
Great company to work for. Its very hands on, they treat you like family. A lot of team work. Residents are treated like family. A really great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeAway. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2