Homeboy Industries

Homeboy Industries Employer Reviews

Wonderful, wonderful place
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2014
It was a great pleasure and honor to work here and support the mission.
Homeboy Industries is a open welcoming facility. I can not complain about anything. I am very friendly and I get along with everyone.
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2013
Everyday is a new day in Homeboy Industries. I almost meet new people everyday. I learned new cultures and different personalities. My co-workers are very friendly and open. There hasn't been no complains and no reasons to complain. We all treat each other with respect. My most ejoyable part of the job is communicating and it makes my job fun.
Work
Maintenance/ supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2013
Good job environment. gives a lot of people second chances in life that made big mistakes in life. keeps them safe than being on the streets getting shot or arrested, but my job here was to help them i was more of a leader here for young kids and adults.
Inventory/ Warehouse Assistant
Administration/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2012
Utilized hand-held computerized system to verify shipments and identify loads for re-packing and distribution to stores or forwarding into inventory.
• Shipping/receiving, picking/packing orders, inbound and outbound inventory control and distribution.
• Maintenance and general upkeep of all warehouse areas.
Homeboy Industries is a great place to work and develop new skills
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2012
The work is demanding but rewarding. I have developed a range of new skills as an administrative assistant, customer service, and more. I got along well with my co-workers and always enjoyed coming in to work.
it was fun but only a stepping stone for a better tomorrow
various (Current Employee), Los Angeles CAFebruary 29, 2012
Pros: cheap lunches for only 2$
Cons: health care
had many opportunities while worked here had many learning skills also speaking engagements