Homedics Employee Reviews

Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 5, 2017
Mi evaluación es chica por qué te contratan para un trabajo de tiempo completo y solo te dan 20 horas a la semana.
Pros
Café gratis en descansos
Cons
No te dan las 40 horas por semana
Engineering group is not used as it should be.
Senior R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  Commerce, MIAugust 4, 2015
Engineering group is not used as it should be. New management has shown promise - and made an immediate impact. The groups working with one another and trust factor is lacking, leaving much to be desired.
HoMedics
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce TownshipJanuary 20, 2015
Working at HoMedics was good. Good benefits and company perks. I got along with almost everyone that worked there, and I have been there for nearly 10 years. I worked in two environments, warehouse (physical labor, on feet all day) and office (cubicle,input orders into computer, clerical work).
The only negative thing I can say about the company that everyone complained about the company having too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians".
27 year old, Family owned business
Vice President - Product Development/Marketing (Current Employee) –  MIOctober 20, 2014
Mixed portfolio of Health & Wellness and Consumer Electronics
Pros
Easy access to the owners
Cons
Typical small business challenges
Great Company with room for advancement
Internship (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIMarch 16, 2014
Please contact me directly regarding specific questions about HoMedics.
Fast Paced, Fun Working Environment
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Commerce Township, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Being a Consumer Relations Representative with Homedics is exciting because there are many companies we represent, everyday I learn something new! I get to test new products and learn how they work. It sheds a new light on things for me. When I shop I ask more informed questions and I know what to look for, when I am shopping for quality.

My boss is very entertaining and he make sure there's never a dull moment.
Wonderful people, wonderful products
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce Township, MIDecember 6, 2013
My team worked well together, and were very productive and supportive when last minute testing was requested. I enjoyed managing the third party product testing, since I was able to interact with many good customers and test labs.
The hardest part of the job was the heavy workload. Since the company has been down-sizing for years, many employees have the daily workload of 2 or 3 people and have to put in 10-12 hours plus 7 days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other departments on projects because the people were so nice to work with.
Pros
Excellent perks such as, onsite cafe, flexible hours
Cons
management typecasting, some unreasonable work hour requests
Productive & rewarding work place. Great starting company
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIOctober 17, 2013
Work started with started with maintaining and pull any current customer POS data for review. From there we would work on any upcoming customer meeting presentations including compiling competitive marketing data, product features and industry trends ( NPD data).

Next I would manage projects for each customer such as planograms, corrugate displays, graphic headers across the marketing and graphics departments.

customer account setup and customer item setup was a daily routine. setting up items in each customer system so they can be received when items are shipped.

reviewed and setup customer trade shows and employee training incentives. maintained and managed all shipments to and from shows along with participating in training seminars for customer employees.

Working at HoMedics i learned how to pull and compile customer POS, created customer presentations, manage projects, setup customers internally both as a company and item setup. Manage trade shows and train customer employees on products. learned how to manage customer accounts directly, setup meetings with buyers.

Management was very well designed. Enough to give employees direction without hindering growth potential by allowing employees to take initiative.

Co-workers were very friendly and highly driven.

Hardest part of the job was maintaining all the customer item setup processes as the products we sold were being changed on the front half after we already setup the items in the customers information system

The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to do work at your own pace
  more... and priority. As long as each project was done within the allotted time frame you could go about mulitple projects at once.  less
Pros
Great employees and ability to lead
Cons
somethings lack of organizational drive for employees
Extremely poor management style. Aggressive culture that shuts people down. No team work, very dividing culture.
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 13, 2013
Upper management created culture of aggressiveness and opinion based behavior. Cow-boys style. Very old style and culture of dividing people, instead of building teams. Information are poorly communicated. Upper Management lacks basic skills.
Great place/people to work for
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Comerce Township, MIJuly 30, 2013
Producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, and copying text, data, and graphics. Conserving executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information. Maintaining executive's personal & professional appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and teleconferences, and travel. Representing the CEO by attending meetings in the CEO's absence; speaking for the CEO. Greeting customers and guests, in person and on the telephone, answering and directing inquiries. Maintained confidence and protected operations by keeping information confidential. Completed projects by assigning work to clerical staff, and following up on results. Developed filing and retrieval system. Recorded meeting discussions. Maintained office supplies inventories. Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Conduct market research, and creating brainstorming sessions that allowed for the development of spontaneous ideas that management needed for business development. All of these things required working many extra hours whenever necessary, and the ability to handle difficult situations.

Want to know more about Homedics?

Ask a question
Cash Application
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce Township, MIFebruary 14, 2013
fast passed, can be very stressful. Overall company is good.
Productive and smooth running work place.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIOctober 10, 2012
While Working At Homedics, I learned how to perform various tasks that helped me suceed in the warehouse industry. With the guidance of management and co-workers I was able to learn how to operate various hi-los and participate in shipping and production lines.