HomeFirst Employee Reviews

Very dangerous
Residential Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
Does not help the client. Upper management is stealing from the company. Clients are disrespectful. Management does not have the staffs best interest in mind. Staff is regularly assaulted by clients.
Good place to work but limited mobility
Placement &Utilization Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work if you have advocates. Without a mentor who will assist in guiding your career you may end up stuck in a particular role or department. Other than that the people are great and it's very professional.
Always lots of work waiting for you daily...
Assisted Medicaid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, moved back to Brooklyn OfficeFebruary 12, 2017
Worked for this company 18 months as a Temp Employee, thought that I was going to get hired after 90 days. Did not happened Management kept giving the run around. Every 90 days they kept extending my contract. This has happened to most employees that have started with this company. Unless you know are good friends with the Vice President of the Company she would get her friends children directly into the job openings that became available. Like any other day at a job. You do your job and complete it. They only saw their friends children that they wanted to hire. But not regular people that worked because they really need to support their children. But I guess this was the hardest part of the job...
Pros
1/2 hour lunch not paid.
Cons
15 mins break and the clock is being watched...
fast paced, charitable work with laid back staff
Homeless Outreach Case Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2016
Homefirst is a true community. There's an emergency shelter side, and a case management side. Friendly staff help the homeless population try to transition off of the streets into housing.

Outreach staff spread information and food across Santa Clara county in homeless encampments where the population may not know about Homefirst services.
Productive and Team Enhancing Enviroment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2016
I feel that i have developed a strong team of staff and that we have bonded and work extremely work well together. I work a typical 8-9 hour day. I have learned how the company works and am very have a good insight to the homeless population as well as resources. The hardest part of the job is not always being able to provide the services the client needs, as the community is limited on resources.The enjoyable part of the ob is my staff and all of the clients we have helped.
Pros
events for staff and clients to attend
Cons
not enough vehicle for staff
Great place to work and help others.
Parent Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJAugust 30, 2015
Through out the school year I help run a Kids Club. (Free to the Community) The children were picked up, snacks were handed out, helped with planned activities and homework.
On days school was out I would do office work. Retrieved all voice mail and called everyone back in the order the message was received. With that I would try to help as many families as possible.
Pros
helped children and Families
Cons
not a secured possition
After school kids club is the fun part of the day
Director of Programs (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJanuary 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is to serve and assist clients become self sufficient and feel valuable.
Pros
Vacation, salary and benefits
Cons
negativity
A great company to work for a franchise of Elderplan
New Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 29, 2014
My Day started at 9 am and I handled New Enrollment coordination. I had to make sure all our new members had a Nurse Health Partner, A car service and a Personal Care worker or a Home Health aide. I also had to ensure that they had the correct number of hours of service for their worker. I also had to set up all new member's with a DME vendor to make sure they continued to receive any items they needed such as Adult diapers, Wheelchairs, canes and any other necessary accessories. The flip side to this I also was responsible for cancelling services for members who left the program for any reason. With that I had to end all services, have all equipment returned. I liked this job because the seniors were always very appreciative of all my hard work.
Pros
Free Coffee in Break room and working lunches
Cons
Short break, sometimes no lunch and no room for growth all moves were lateral
Good Business
Grievance & Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2014
Very good structure, excellent benefits, and well managed.
Productive and face paced work flow
Provider Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2013
Working as a provider relation representative has taught me a lot for HF. I get to develop a friendly relationship with vendors that is in contract with HF. Definitely learned a lot.