Homegoods Employee Reviews

fun job for part time work
Floor associate (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJDecember 13, 2017
Good part time job. Weekend hours available. Flexible hours available at beginning of schedule set up. No register work, only product placement, customer service on the floor and mark downs.
Pros
mangers are nice
Cons
not enough hours
fast paced, great working environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CADecember 13, 2017
This job was my first job and I can say I have learned a lot about how important customer service is and what to do in order to make our customers happy at all times.
Decent Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 13, 2017
They will work you like a dog for a part time salary, but the management is nice and they do care about their employees. There is a possibility to move up on the latter and to become full time, but you will need to work really hard or cozy up to management.
Have to be a certain type of person to enjoy working here
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Victor, NY 14564December 12, 2017
I feel like my managers have taken advantage of my willingness to work and open schedule to give me inconsistent and somewhat excessive hours. My main problem is that I'm always scheduled to work on the register, which may not sound terrible but time drags, breaks feel infrequent, and customers can get on one's nerves very quickly.
unfair
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 11, 2017
expect a lot of you to lift heavy things as a young teenager they expected you to carry shelves out to peoples cars and with on help from management.
friendly staff management could be ran better if they were paid more
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 11, 2017
It is a fun job and if you get a chance you can hold items that you plan on buying, the people that I work there is very helpful and nice. There are areas that I love to recover and others I do not.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Heavy furniture
Enjoyable if you're customer friendly
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 11, 2017
A typical work day was fast paced and messy. I learned to not take things personal when dealing with the public. Management was fair. Workplace culture was teamwork. The hardest part about the job was closing and cleaning up during the holiday season. The most enjoyable part was frequent customers knowing who you are and waiting in line just get you at checkout and have a random conversation about new things they're doing with their homes.
Nice co-employees and managers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 8, 2017
Very busy towards the middle of the day. Rarely quiet! Fun place to work. I wish I still worked there !!Paid decently. Not many issues with customers.
Pros
i wish salary was a little more, only because of taxes
Cons
short breaks for part time
Typical work day and workplace culture
DC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTDecember 8, 2017
A typical day start with walking your department and set up lanes for the associates. attending a start up meeting with manager and other supervisor... passing informantion to the assocaites.

Learn to be self relent and direct.

Managment is good, usually in meetings most of the day, tend to stay in there offices.

The culture is pleasant during the shift but between shift can be competative and segregated. Turn overs from one shift to another can be hard esspecially for supervisors.

Looking at the merchandise is quite enjoyable.
Pros
good health care package and 401K
Cons
Supervisor do not get stock options, not much internal promotion
A great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 7, 2017
This job is for someone that love to decorate and enjoy customer services. I enjoy decorating in the morning in a mechanize style and also enjoy working with the quality of managers that Homegoods provide for our training and to better our skills. Homegoods is a company of opportunities and a fun place to work. I will recommended to everyone.
Pros
Good opportunities and they help you to improve your skills.
Cons
Part-time jobs lack of hours.
Fun and teamwork
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 6, 2017
Loved it at the time I worked there great people and great work hours. I loved being there it got confused when Union came in alot of us didn't understand
Cons
Clocking in a sec late no longer
Fun working place with great co workers
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 4, 2017
Always be on time, if not call in 30 mins before so they will know. Good people come in and shop, good people work there. You will have a good time at work
Decent
Member support (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDDecember 3, 2017
The job itself is very fast paced.You are always going to be moving around the store which is kind of fun. The downside is that the hard labor of moving , unloading, unpacking furniture is not compensated in any way.
Pros
Busy work place and fast paced heavy lifting
Sales/Merch Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 3, 2017
Working here was good hands on customer service and sales but the management choice for the general manager was poor causing me to leave due, otherwise its a good company,
Pros
nice work space, cool products
Cons
busy, boring, not much room to grow
Perfect job
Customer Service Representative/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
Good hours and very nice people you can do as many hours as you can I Got The Job the same day and I closed the same night I was working from the am till 10pm I closed at least 4times a week
seasonal
Customer Service/ Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLDecember 3, 2017
i didnt work for long, i just worked seasonal, my shift was from 6 am to 12 noon, so i cant say much, the staff was nice, its a busy store, the only problem we face at holiday time, we had to fit everything on the shelves , since they dont keep anything in their back room
it was an alright job.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDDecember 3, 2017
lovely enviroment. nice people who work there. pretty simple job as long as you stay focused. could involve heavy lifting when people purchase large items such as couches, nightstands and things of those sort.
Pros
great place
Cons
hours
Face paced retail environment
Key carrier / coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILDecember 2, 2017
Every day is different. You encounter different people every day. Workload is about the same roughly every day to get the product onto the salesfloor, while helping customers and other associates.
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Friendly Environment
employee (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of going into the back, unloading boxes onto the conveyer belts and then unpacking them, while putting proper prices and security tags on them onto their proper cart.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no hours.
Responsible for loading trucks
warehouse personal (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2017
Responsible for loading and off loading trucks. A typical day was very busy. Heavy lifting and warehouse duties. Overall the work pace was ok. Good while it lasted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.