Homegoods Employee Reviews

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
busy busy
Cashier, Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 22, 2017
When i started working here, I got jumped into right away doing customer service. In reality it was my first real job, Overall experience I did learn a lot from this previous employer. I would always have to work on the weekends which is pretty much basic.
Pros
you can switch schedules with other coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAAugust 21, 2017
Decent company to work for overall, it's fairly new in this area so still working out some kinks. Needs to pay a bit more. A few supervisors excellent supervisors, but overall management is mediocre
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Average pay
Relaxed environment with great merchandise
Cash Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 20, 2017
I came in before the store opened and handled all the monetary transactions from the previous day. In addition to taking care of the registers and bank deposits, I filled in whatever position needed at the time. The merchandise was amazing; my favorite part of the job has been seeing all the new and interesting items we received in the store. The people were friendly, and the environment was mostly relaxed.
very interactive and comfortable environment
STORE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLAugust 19, 2017
a typical day would be clocking and changing into our uniforms. then we get the equipment we will need then go to the back room and get in our lines for unboxing and processing merchandise.
I loved working here
Sales asscoiate (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOAugust 17, 2017
It was very easy laid back job. I really liked my manager an working the evening shifts an around the holidays. My training went very smoothly everyone was very helpful.
Coworkers are great, management is awful.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40509August 17, 2017
There is no typical day because every day you do something different every day depending on what management asks. The people I work with however are amazing, they are caring, sweet, funny, and become friends outside of work. It can be very stressful when we get a rush, most of the time we are understaffed but other than those few hours its a very calm and easy environment. The hardest part of the job is getting a consistent schedule and getting management to schedule according to your availability. What I enjoy most about the job is how caring coworkers are.
Cons
awful management
Review
Cash Office Accountant/Floor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 16, 2017
Decent company to work for as a transition job. Management is fine. Co - Staff is fine to work with. Work is lifting and on your feet. Be comfortable in clothes.
Pros
near home
Cons
better opportunity
It's fast paced in the Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 14, 2017
Lots of hours, and production is key to management. It's a big operation so you can get lost in the shuffle but it's mandatory to keep your numbers up when it comes to productivity.
Pros
Working overtime
Cons
Revolving door with employees
Fun
Coordinator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2017
Fun place to work for retail. Not much to say of this place just a different in many ways. Cashier job is the best here. And they have lockers also. If u like retail this is place for you.
Pros
Learn store roles
Cons
Customers may be nasty at times
Good Enviornment
Associate, Stocker, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 13, 2017
Willing to work with you on hours,
Great if you have to go to school and work.
Friendly co workers and management.
The job task are really not that hard.
Nice place. With decent management.
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
Management could be better. But overall it's a very fast paced store. It can be overwhelming with how the scheduling of staff is handled. More then enough stock.
Solid place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 12, 2017
Decent work culture, busy and physically demanding. There was little training at my location so you have to learn fast and work as a team. Very tough on the body depending on the job you do in a high volume store.
Pros
fun people
Cons
over worked
Very productive, great place to work.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAAugust 11, 2017
It was a great place to work, very relaxed and could work at own pace. The management was great and the over all work environment was wonderful. Only quit because I had to relocate.
wonderful work place and atmosphere
Cashier/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40507August 10, 2017
This was one of the best part time jobs that I ever had. Unfortunately with my school schedule I couldn't keep up with the demand of the store, however if I had a chance to go back I would certainly selome the opportunity.
Pros
woderful atmosphere and great customers
Cons
can't think of a thing
Fun easily laid back
Backroom assisant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2017
Working at homegoods was okay it was real easy and laid back nuthin was too hard or heavy ! People at the store don't get along or didn't while I was there
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Bad employment
Home Goods
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
It's a great environment to work at if you're attending school, need a part time job and if you're going to school for Interior designing, this will also be a good experience. Workers there are really friendly and very supportive of each others and always satisfying customers needs.
Pros
Management are very flexible with schedules, Great team work
Cons
Not enough hour and pay.
Badly managed from the top to the bottom.
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 10, 2017
I work in the stock room unloading trucks, since I have been there on multiple occasions the inbound trucks have not shown up at all. Cutting my hours
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Poorly managed
Fast paced and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
Homegoods was always a fun place to work. The management was friendly and willing to help out when it was needed. A typical day would include unboxing inventory and prepping it for the floor; organizing displays to catch the eyes of the customers; selling this merchandise as a cashier at the front of the store and engaging in their needs and desires.
Pros
401K for 1000+ hours worked
Cons
Limited hours
non stop stocking
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
Help customers find what they came in for. Also suggested ideas. The hardest part was to stock the shelves at and unreasonable time. Know your self worth is what I learned. Helping customers find what they were looking for was enjoyable.
Pros
percentage off
Cons
underpay
Selector (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAAugust 9, 2017
Worked at a fast paced environment and selected items from stock to be routed to the intended recipient stores. Highly motivated and organized distribution plant.
Benefits
Cons
People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.