Homegoods Employee Reviews

Nice to have them here.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 14, 2016
My typical day is customer service, handling cash and stocking shelves with merchandise. I have learned that I have a Great Front end cordinator as a supervisor. The management unfortunatley are not up to par. I love my co workers they work hard. The hardest part about this job is the hours I have sometimes a total of 5 hours a week. I was very happy to work for this company and now I feel theres no advancement in this company.
Pros
They do buy lunces and breakfast.
Cons
Hours
Customer Satisfaction
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at Homegoods included providing the highest level of customer service to our guest. It was very fast paced; assisting customers with locating items in store or surrounding stores and personally serving up to 100 guest per day. I engaged while expediting cash or credit transactions. Creating beautiful displays and training associates allowed me to grow as a merchandiser and leader. Including improving the customer satisfactions ratings by setting standards and goals for myself and coworkers. Unfortunately management was unorganized and many times disrespectful to all the associates. Co workers were great, yet there were some that did not work great as a team. The hardest part of the job was the disrespect and lack of encouragement from associates and managers.Furthermore, The customer engagement and being able to assist guest was the highlight.
very productive
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 14, 2016
Homegoods give good benefits. Huge warehouse with plenty of cultures. Only thing about the job that was hard was making sure each department made it easier on the next.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Supervisor in Distribution
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INNovember 14, 2015
Overall not a bad place to work. Front office management has shown themselves to be dense more times than not. Overall culture is inclusive but there are issues at most levels. Most fellow supervisors are competent but there are some who coast without fear of repercussions. Metrics rule with certain numbers valued above all others - achieving these are the most important thing. Logic is lacking for what leads to performance. For now sales are good and overtime is available - once the bubble bursts and they are no longer king of the mountain - things will become very interesting.

For now it is okay but due to decisions made by upper management, I am looking to see what else is out there. Good place to learn.
not a great place to work!!! Kingston n.y.
bed and bath coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 18, 2016
I worked for this company for ten years, as soon as I had a medical problem I was treated like dirt!!!! I did a lot of things for this company above and beyond my job description. In the end I was fired for being 12 min. late in a snow and ice storm after ten years of service. The worst part is they counted me as late when you had to stand at the door and ring a bell in the morning and sometimes wait ten or more mins. just to get in the door so by the time you got to the time clock and was counted as late. This is the worst company I ever wasted ten years of my life on!!! I was a store manager before I came to work for this company, and needed to lessen my stress due to a heart attack. I started as a associate and worked my way up to coordinator, I started at $7.25 per hour and took ten years to get up to $11.15 per hour. The worst favoritism in the managers I have ever seen in my life!!!!
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Worst favortism and discrimination manager staff ever!!!
No chance for advancement. No opportunity for upward growth
Scapegoat (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 20, 2016
The Bloomfield DC suffers from weak management and no room for upward advancement. Manager are rewarded for failure and passing the buck downward. There is no loyalty to any employee, hourly or salaried. Good employees are pushed aside or used as scapegoats while incompetent ones are rewarded and promoted. "Yes" people are rewarded. Open or free thinkers are punished. After working in this facility and the level of harassment and racism that is allowed to flourish there, any other employer will be a walk in the park. Unless you're seeking low pay, being overworked for no gratification, steer clear at all costs
Pros
The work day will end eventually
Cons
Pay, benefits, racism, understaffed and overworked
great part time place to work at
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 22, 2016
HomeGoods is a fun yet challenging place to work at. the people you work with want to make the day fun, but you also have to think for yourself when reprising a ticket how much it should be, or when an isle is becoming too full you may need a shaker table. the management tries to comply with the needs of their employees and does well with that. you must be willing to learn new things different ways from different people and find the way that works best for you.
Pros
coworkers, fairness, 45 minute lunches when working full days
Cons
very few hours during the off seasons
Awesome atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 31, 2016
Even day is a new day, in which I learn new things. My co-workers are the best and an energetic team. I love working in the truck mid-day because you work at a fast pace and you always work with the same group in order to reach the goal each day. The hardest part is when management isn't on the same page. However, my overall experience at homegoods is great. I enjoy working with outstanding people.
a lot of empty promises
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 14, 2016
you begin with 30 hrs/week that gradually drop to 15 if your lucky. Management tends to make a lot of empty assurances to keep you motivated akin to dangling a carrot on a stick thats just out of reach. My co-workers are great but a good majority of them stress the lack of hours and in my tenure employed there has been a lot of turnover. due to that.
a typical day consists of me going into a cramped backroom with not much space making sure the manifest is correct before opening the truck getting the room ready for the other associates*filling the conveyor line with items and cleaning up the room and consolidating space. once thats done its a lot of walking, stepping,sweating and figuring out where to put the items inside the smallest backroom ive worked in...leads to alot of shuffling and crawling under. just to get the job done

my co workers are the best part of the job as we all get along well despite of the difficulties

would give a better review if the job didnt leave such a bad taste in my mouth. cant say your looking out for your employees when things like that occur
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
management
Great work environment, fast paced
Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 2, 2016
Out of the four jobs I've had for over a year I was promised raises but never received them. One month after working for HomeGoods I received a small raise. I was confused but thankful. Now a year later I received another raise. Not only is this company true to its word, they care about their employees. There are opportunities every day to move up either in your current store or another. The managers are one of a kind, they will do what is needed to make you successful while being a listening ear.
Pros
You build a relationship with the customers
Cons
The company policies are confusing and have too many loopholes

Want to know more about Homegoods?

Ask a question
Simple work, but boring
Store Associate (part-time), Stock room worker (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILJune 26, 2016
Homegoods is a fine summer job to make some money in between college semesters. That is, if you work consistently. For part time workers the scheduling is very inconsistent and not quite ideal in terms of hours especially for new employees. Working at Homegoods is very easy but very boring. A typical job shift can consist of opening boxes and sorting items for hours on end. Aside from this, building furniture and helping customers is also a key part of the job.
Pros
Simple Work, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Inconsistent Scheduling
A great team of people, co-workers
Merchandise Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 27, 2016
I loved working at HomeGoods in Willow Grove, PA.I worked there for over 5 1/2 yrs. I was an "Original!" I loved my co-workers, I felt like we were family. Everybody pitched in and did whatever needed to be done, we all helped each other. WE CARED. I loved my customers and they all knew me. I learned a lot from them, and I passed on good information to other customers. I truly loved working there. The PAY was not good. In 5 1/2 yrs I got a $1.69 raise. I did my job well and I signed a little over 1000 new customers for TJX credit cards in the last 2 1/2 yrs.I also raised quite a bit of money for St. Judes Childrens Hospital, which I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to do so.
Pros
I am probably the only one who feels this way
Cons
Low pay, perfect for a student, part-time, or a second job
Store has great merchandise
Merchandise Coordinator/Key Holder/ Cash Office (Current Employee) –  WAApril 25, 2016
Hours are scarce, a part-time employee will receive about 8 to 15 hours a week. Schedule is posted weekly, making it hard to plan. Store is always being reset due to unpredictable merchandise. Very few full time opportunities . Inconsistencies with Corporate direction, seems to vary from manager to manager causing multiple resets of merchandise, causing lose of payroll dollars. Because the store sells furniture and garden pots, the lifting is well over what was stated in job description. Equipment is not provide for aid in lifting. Company promotes team lift, yet because of lack of hours, there isn't assistance for this kind of lift.
Pros
Full time position has good medical benefits
Cons
Lack of hours for part-time, lifting similar to warehouse, or moving company
Stressful and unsafe work environment
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 24, 2016
- A typical day at work is frustrating, with unclear goals and mountains of backed up work
- I learned that raising opinions and concerns about safety and management will at best put you in an unfavorable spotlight at the price of a quick and temporary solution
-Management is largely concerned with sales and customer satisfaction, not the safety or contentment of their employees.
-Co-workers are friendly and hospitable, though often times feel boxed in by management
-The hardest part of the job is getting up and going every day, once the shine wears off and you learn the true nature of the environment. It is exceedingly difficult to feel motivated to work in a place that does not value your time or consider your safety.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
A Fortune 500 Company that Pays Cheap Salaries to Employees
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 3, 2016
This is a company where you could get good experience in your career that you would have to take somewhere else because career advancement here is super slow. Politics is very strong where career advancement is involved.

TJX prides itself to be a Fortune 500 Company with $40 billion in assets but is among the cheap paying employers in the U.S., along with Walmart.
Pros
company get togethers
Cons
cheap pay; slow career advancement; poor management
Productive and Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 23, 2016
On a usual day we start with greeting customers as they come through the morning doors and help them in any way we can. Then it is checking out customers all day and doing returns, restocking the floors, cleaning up the store, collecting carts from outside, or putting items back onto the floor from the return tanks. Thanks to HomeGoods, I have learned that sometimes there are something's you cannot control and it is not your fault. For example, when some customers demand certain products to be altered or changed for their desire, and we cannot due to store policy and even management told them so, that if they get mad at you, do not take it personal. I enjoyed learning some lessons like that a lot and I would say that would be the hardest part of the job, the customers. But they were also the light of my days sometimes. One told me a quote that helped me look at life positively: Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. I enjoyed HomeGoods as my first job.
Pros
Potlucks, special national day celebrations, Days can be requested off, sometimes management provide snacks and meals, 20% off weekends for workers
Cons
Holiday Hours (Opened earlier and closed later)
a definite learning experience...i love working here but i want this and more
sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2016
a great place to work. i haven't been here that long but i look forward to advancement when the opportunity arises. A typical day at work is very pleasant and fast-paced and it feels good to be able to assist co-workers and customers with their needs. We are a new store so generally everyone is on a learning basis and that's what makes it more interesting and the management treats us like people, not just employees. It's not a stressful job at all
Pros
rewards for our efforts, meet and work with good people
Cons
not enough hours available right now
Workplace of good fun people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 21, 2016
I love my job at HomeGoods I have never meet better managers then the managers I have now. My managers create a healthy, fun, and productive work environment. Work is like playing not working. The job is still hard because we all have many tasks besides cash registering and customer service like backroom flow and recovery.
Pros
good management, good coworkers, good environment
Cons
after grand opening, I never work more than 12 hours, now I only work 4-8 hours a week
HomeGoods Management
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for as far as benefits, workplace, type of work performed, customer base, etc. Although they do not recognize hard workers when you get to the management level and can get stuck in your position with no opportunities quickly.
Enjoyable environment to work in
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 1, 2016
Throughout my experience at Homegoods, I was immersed in a cultural and accepting environment. As a part of the staff, I assisted and managed several projects throughout the year. In addition, I got to practice my communication skills very often.
Pros
Cons
Busy workdays

2.9