Homegoods Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search
Great invoronment
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMay 17, 2017
I was only part time while working here. I used to get the cash ready for the registers in the morning and get bank deposit ready. Home Goods had a lot of interesting stuff due to the fact it had everything from different cultures
Good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 17, 2017
Had problems with key carrier on personal level, offensive to me, management did nothing about it. Customers are nice, products good. I enjoyed the first few months just fine, but the hours kept shifting and then were based on credit card sales and end up only getting four hours a week and just didn't work out for me.
Pros
Randomly gave us lunches
Cons
Work meant nothing when you don't sell cards, you can be good at everything else but they don't care unless you didn't sign people up for cards.
Homegoods
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 15, 2017
Great productive place to work , great and friendly people . Great promotions to move up in the company . I really enjoyed working for the TJX company
Start-up job for young adults
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 15, 2017
Not a place to advance career
Great first job for young adults
Experience in the sales industry and customer satisfaction
Environment can be extremely fast-paced
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, understaffed
Unprofessional and poor working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2017
Management handles situations poorly and are only partially attentive to their associates needs.
Very unorganized store and system.
The job itself isn't difficult but the work environment can make it more difficult.
Currently happy but looking for advancement
Key Holding Manager (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 13, 2017
Currently happy but looking for advancement. I am looking to further my experience and utilize my skills I have gained in my background. I would like a better work life balance as well as a consistent work schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 12, 2017
cashier, floor recovery of items and returns
learned retail industry
safety first and buddy system
difficult litfing heavy items
All associates great work relationships. All help each other. Very beautiful retail store.
Pros
beautiful retail store
Cons
lifting heavy items
Typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMay 12, 2017
The environment was very friendly, everyone was like family. The work was very easy. I would get regular customers to come back! The hardest part was is when customers dont like the return policy.
Great opportunity and experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 9, 2017
Experienced how a new store comes together, worked together as a team to accomplish our day to day goals. Management made sure to answer any questions we had, provided fast assistance to customers when needed.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
No benefits
business first employees second attitude very poor company to work for
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 9, 2017
hard work will not get you advancement through company lying and deception will manipulation and disrespect will get you to the top company structure is built on intimidation and false promises

Want to know more about Homegoods?

Ask a question
The job itself is great, everything else well...
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 8, 2017
Very busy go-go environment. Constantly re-doing displays, helping with putting new product out, always on your feet. Training could be more hands on. Cashiering as needed. Lots of cool stuff in every department.
Pros
Meet nice people, holiday friendly, lots of cool things, employee discount is ok, business casual dress code
Cons
Work schedule is all over the place, management is usually not the best, not much room for advancement, lots of carry outs(rugs, furniture etc), sometimes your clothes get ruined(don't wear anything to nice), lots of heavy lifting and sweating! No life outside work
Positive and productive work environment
Furniture coordinator/stockroom team member (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 7, 2017
My time at HomeGoods was spent working as part of a team to accomplish daily tasks and meet all company standards and requirements. My managers were always helpful with any questions any of my team members or I had and worked hands-on with us daily. Over all I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company.
Very effective team.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job has to be your fellow associates. The people that make up the company are by far the best people I have ever met. They are helpful and very laid back when it comes to talking and getting to know them, yet they maintain a very good work ethic and push you to be better.
Its good for starting in retail store
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 7, 2017
Good management. Its very organize and make a team work. The people is friendly. Supervisor help for fixing schedule . When I have a personal problem they gave me pto for 3 weeks.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
HomeGood
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 7, 2017
I love working for this company, Great management and associates. they do a lot for their employees. The only bad thing is there is no full time positions for all employees.
fast paced but easy to work well
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 5, 2017
From the time you clock in to the time you clock out u always have things to do which helps time go by fast and the people are always there to help u if u need it.
Pros
Lil party if a group hits goals
Cons
very busy
Great Place to Work and Interact
Front End & Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 4, 2017
This was my first job while in college. It provided me with many on-site learning experiences regarding customer service and responsibilities. I enjoyed my time here and have used many of the skills I learned since I left.
Too stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMay 4, 2017
At HomeGoods I would mainly be assigned as cashier and had to solicit credit for every customer. The managers had different ideas of how to do the job and would not care about your individual style of working.

Management was rude to many of my coworkers but kind to me. He also was not very kind to customers and I received numerous complaints about him.

The store did not have anyone to clean the store so I volunteered to help out for a short time. However, they never had anyone else trained for the position so I was quickly burnt out since I was the only one who cleaned the entire store and was only given two or three hours to do a task I had never done before.

Because of the cleaning job I was required to do on top of the cashiering and whatever other department they assigned I would go home in tears and wake up hating my job. Management was not organized at all and would look down on people who had two jobs.

After about four months I quickly got a new job and quit. When I went in to give my two weeks I was punished for quitting and not given many hours at all. On top of that, even though I had been a good employee, I would be given disapproving looks by my manager.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Expected to do too much
Ok job if you don't have kids
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMay 4, 2017
I was a ticketer then trained to be their clerk for almost a year but wanted more experience so trained to be a forklift driver. We would sometimes run out of work and they would call overtime when it was not needed. Really didn't make their employees feel appreciated enough.
fun working place while making money
cashier/ sales floor (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMay 3, 2017
the job was fun and was very fast paced the managers were nice but some of them were annoying, otherwise good pay and great atmosphere would recommend anyone
Pros
always fed us and money was good
Cons
short breaks when working less than 7 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9