Homegoods

Homegoods Employee Reviews

place for remodeling
Cashier (Former Employee), columbia,mdMarch 17, 2015
Pros: take a 30 and 15 min break
Cons: dont get paid on the break
I met alot of emplyers and customers who were interior decorators who shopped with us all the time. They told me alot about their careers and thought about going to school for the same thing. managers where very communicative and on task. The hardest part about the job was finding the right item to go with the tags.
Productive environment
Coordinator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMarch 17, 2015
At HomeGoods it was an experience for me developing my customer service meeting new people everyday. Overall it was a productive job.
Working at Home Goods
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), bloomfield, ctMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay rate
Cons: short breaks, union
I worked 3rd Shift from 10:30Pm to 7am. Its and reasonable job a lot of hands on labor. very laid back but very dysfunctional. I don't feel like everyone is on the same page for everything to run smoothly like it should. The benefit are good but the union is very un professional.
Like being in 10th grade get a summer job and not even make 300 a week
warehouse (Current Employee), Jefferson GAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: they have an ice machine
Cons: will hire anyone that can breath on there own
there is nothing good to say about this company, the pay is terrible they advertise on the internet that the pay is 10.00 hour then you get in and find out its only 8.25 . Management wants to ride and hover over you all day about not talking when they in fact stand around and do nothing all day, remember the pay is only 8.25. The DC is about 83% African American yet every time a supervisor position is available a white person is put in that position, Like the old South Africa. The point system that is now in place if you clock in at 7;01 they dock you a half day come in after 11;00 its like you missed the entire day , this forces employees to come to work sick exposing everyone to there sickness. Meet there number for the week make Home Goods lots of money for that week, and receive a donut, that's right A donut.. This is a Dirty Business, but if your inside the House then its all good , but if your in the field then you have to hum your way threw it until something else comes along. Very High turn over.
Absolutley Horrible Work Conditions
Associate (Former Employee), Danvers, MAMarch 6, 2015
I would never work for Homegoods again. They don't help their employees succeed at all. I was discriminated against really badly. Didn't even get a raise for all the hard work I did.
Poor training program
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: clean
Cons: to many non-english speaking people
Poor training program, many supervisors on the floor not happy because of the communication issues with so many non-english speaking people. The training seems to be only given when you ask for it but how can you ask for it if you didn't know it was available.
Poor Management
Sales floor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
The management at HomeGoods was poor. Although I learn quickly they did not train me properly. However, I enjoyed communicating with customers.
Great Retail Company
General Manager (Current Employee), Madison, MSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: lots of room for growth
Cons: work life balance
Great place to work. I have no gripes. The hardest part of the job is wearing many different hats, many at the same time. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customer. I really enjoy seeing a guest come in and find exactly what it is they are looking for. I am fortunate enough to have a diverse and seasoned set of peers, who are always willing to answer questions.
Loved working here
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Williamsburg VAFebruary 25, 2015
I would help process the truck and I would set up the merchandise on the shelves for displays. I learned how to be a better person and learned how to be myself and not so shy. My coworkers were amazing and we all got a long well. The job was very enjoyabl.
Good
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), Cape Coral, FLFebruary 21, 2015
· Balance safe
· Call in cash orders
· Daily deposits
· Set up registers for daily business
· Do weekly and monthly audits
· Worked in Stock room with organization and assembly of furniture
· Worked on the cash register
· Have done mark downs and inventory
· Flow of merchandizing
· Basic customer service
You get what you would expect
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, great benefits
Cons: pay isn't worth the amount of tasks that you do in a day.
The work can be fun sometimes and the opportunity for growth is certainly there, as I've seen people be promoted. However, it has a bit of McDonald's syndrome in that the managers make sustainable money and would actually be able to support a family, but if you're anything less than management, the pay is absolutely terrible. That being said, scheduling is flexible, it's fast paced, so you'll never be bored. and I actually met some great people there. I could see it being a viable job if you just need something on the side, but the overall demands and stress aren't worth the pay if you fall between the part-time associate and management.
No challenge or change.
Unpacker/staging (Former Employee), Carmel, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounts, friendly people to work with.
Cons: no healthcare, part time
No challenge to work, no benefits. Opening boxes for four hours a day. Learned how to open boxes really fast. So so managers. Fine co-workers. Boredom was the hardest part of the job. Seeing the new products coming in.
Senior and Assistant Management left a lot to be desired
Associate (Former Employee), Broomall, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pizza once in a while when we met qoutas.
Cons: almost a sweat shop environment.
Worked with at least ten assistant managers in seven years, no respect to any individual, all young student co-workers with no work experiences. Nothing learned except retail is a tough employment. Management opinion above in summary. Co-workers were great kids, met and keep a lot of contact since leaving. Hardest part of employment was not receiving appreciation for a job well done. Most enjoyable perk was meeting the public and working with young people. Upper regional management and CEO were great people who often paid visits to the store, made many friends with most of them and was looked down to from store management for my acceptance. Received a Certificate for Achievement for five years of excellent employment from Corporate for years spent. Was informed that I was not making my quota and the present management did not to do with me, so, I resigned. Last time visit in the store not one recent staff member was still employed.
Productive and fun Workplace
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, gift cards for winning bingo tip
Cons: hourly wage is lower than desired
This is a great company to work for, and when you give 100% everyday then advancement is eminent. Management really works with your schedule to ensure that you are happy at work and can perform to the full capacity of your abilities. I supervise the front end to ensure that they exude excellent customer service and adhere to the maximum number to TJX credit cards that are required for the month. I love merchandising and helping out new shoppers with their inquiries. There are days where it can be stressful, when there aren't enough sales associates on the floor and managing your time to help every customer in a quick and effective manner.
Perfect place for anyone except the ones looking to make a living
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee), Southwest FloridaFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, great management
Cons: very poor scheduling, sometimes you don't feel appreciated
I've been working here for almost two years now, and I can't complain too much. Almost all of my co-workers are beyond friendly, and very polite, easy to get along with. We get a lot of seasonal college students, and some are very hard workers, while others are complete slackers. A typical day for me is just pushing merchandise onto the floor. We are constantly getting new merchandise, 2-4 times a week, so it can become very tedious to do this every day, all day long. Especially since we are not allowed to have any stock in the back just sitting around. Depending on the manager on duty, a certain amount of stress is pushed on you. The managers are all very friendly, and connect great with their associates. I can honestly say I've rarely seen any of them have "off" days. And the days that they aren't feeling it, they don't push that negative energy onto us, which I appreciate greatly. The main manager of the store can get kind of stressed sometimes, and it affects us at times, but I can understand where he's coming from, having HIS boss onto HIM. The waterfall effect. In his defense, our store ratings and OSAT is always beyond great, so it all pays off in the end.
Hours and scheduling can get a bit silly at times. You get your schedule 3 days before the new work week, which isn't that helpful to begin with. 98% of the time, you are asked to stay later or come off on your day off, even if it's your only day off that week. This is the way it's always been, and it can become aggravating, as a normal person makes plans, then to have them always ask you to stay late/work on day off. – more... On the flip side, they have always been really good about giving you your requested days off. Management is always willing to work with you.
I've found this company is great if you want to move up, but ONLY if a position becomes available, which is rare. I've witnessed few promotions in the two years I've been here, but they've all come from within our store, without bringing anyone new in, which I think is great.
Customers in this area are not my favorite. Most of them are uptight and snotty, which can put a damper on your day really fast.
Pay is not that great. I'm making $1 above minimum wage, and that's being "full time" (which when you start, you are told that you are NEVER going to see 40 hours). We get yearly reviews, and if you are "worthy" you get a raise, which is only about 5-10 cents..

With everything being said, this is honestly a great, almost perfect place to work. Great environment, fantastic co-workers and management. However in this economy, I feel it would be best for the college student getting extra help from parents, or for the well-off adult (money wise) who needs something to do with their time. For someone like me who needs a job to support themselves, this is not a long term place. – less
Not that exciting.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: boring
Management could have been better. Lack of communication. The pay rate was also very poor and not much more than minimum wage.
Great Place to start
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: two 15 minute breaks and a 45minute lunch, should your work day exceed 6 hours, and the advancement opportunities are endless.
Cons: dealing with the circus clowns they call managers, dealing with customers, and dealing with the teenage simpletons they insist on hiring
I love working for this company, It was my first job, and two and a half years later I still don't hate it. I have gotten two promotions, and most of my management cares about my advancement. However, said management can be highly questionable at best. The store is not functioning as it should, all the managers know it, but chose to accept it. This condoning of incompetence is precisely the reason why i'm seeking employment elsewhere, as i'm supremely intelligent to these imbeciles and regard myself as a reasonable person.
A typical day at work consists of processing freight, customer service, and far too much manual labor. My co-workers, or more specifically; my subordinates are excellent. They do as they are told, and do not defy me. The hardest part of the job has to be the constant running around to help customers (because the operations manager cannot seem to make good hiring decisions, thus leaving us short handed), and dealing with female associates who believe they are exempt from any job duties (duties of which they said they are WILLING to perform upon being hired) involving physical exertion of energy.
Fun Place to work. Sell great products
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hendersonvlle TNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great management team
Cons: too much bending and down on your knees way to much.
It wasn't that I expected when I was hired. However, they understood and transfered me to another position. Managers really care about their emploiyees. They sell beautiful items that are unique.
Home furnishing
Furniture Coordinator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 26, 2015
good for part time work, but not paid well to make it a career.
Poor Business practices
Material Handler (Current Employee), Jefferson, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: low pay, extremely high health insurance cost, poor management
This company does a great job of selling an individual on benefits that seem great at the time of hire and throughout orientation training but once the individual has been hired and is working, the pay is made known which is far below average of similar jobs in and around the area and is told that there will be no raises yet required to work mandatory overtime. Also, health benefits are very expensive, something else the company lies about during orientation. I was made to believe that the company would offer full benefits after 30 days of employment at a very low cost. In all actuality, the insurance would not be available until 90 days of employment and would cost a third of weekly pay. They also penalize employees for clocking in one minute late or more by docking their pay by half a day which means if you are late, even by one minute, you have to work for free for the next 4 hours.

About Homegoods

Rifling through the racks is an art at TJX stores. The TJX Companies operates about a half a dozen retail chains, including the – Read more

Homegoods Salaries