Homegoods Employee Reviews in United States

Promotions within
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 17, 2016
Company allowed me to move up to higher job titles that they saw fit based on my performance and desires. I enjoyed taking on new responsibilities and learning all the different policies for each department of the store. I was able to learn new processes quickly with the help of supervisors and managers.
Great Company
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMay 16, 2016
Management really cared about employees. We had parties. I learned to work fast with team members and helped with the production of merchandise for store sales.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Very flexible work environment and scheduling
Backend Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 12, 2016
A great place to work, the managers were nice and helpful, my coworkers were always friendly, the work was challenging but became a breeze after advancing through the learning curb. I'd take this job again if I was given the opportunity.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAMay 9, 2016
I learned a lot from this company. Cashiering, customer service, getting along with people and employees etc... The company was good for me and gave me great benefits.
Productive place to work
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 5, 2016
Great benefits for full time staff. Willing to promote from within the company before looking outside. Worked at several locations all great people to work with.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay for entry level position with minimal hours
Productive day, everyday
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 4, 2016
The hardest part of the job is trying to get things done, like for example, when trying to make a "move" in one of the departments, its very hard because customers are in the way most of the time.
Fast Paced
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXMay 2, 2016
Going to work here requires someone who is fast on their feet. Using the computer system has a few learning curves, the return system, and following the rules the company put in place were essential to being successful at this job. The customers are demanding and it keeps you on your toes, but it the crew is great and gets along generally well.
Where your soul goes to die
Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 30, 2016
Overall, a chaotic experience. Terrible management and hours. Rude co-workers and impossible expectations for employees. The best part of the job was leaving after your shift.
Pros
Free food occasionally, employee discount, locked breakroom
Cons
Not a nice place to work especially in the backroom
Backroom associate (Store associate) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 28, 2016
Very labor intensive and fast paced (Good as an experience) but not good pay and unfair (you cant give the backroom and sales floor the same wage). Management work stressed out by upper management thus the average associate is also stressed out.
Pros
Good experience in How to work fast. (good products)
Cons
Bad pay, management, and unfair pay
A great team of people, co-workers
Merchandise Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 27, 2016
I loved working at HomeGoods in Willow Grove, PA.I worked there for over 5 1/2 yrs. I was an "Original!" I loved my co-workers, I felt like we were family. Everybody pitched in and did whatever needed to be done, we all helped each other. WE CARED. I loved my customers and they all knew me. I learned a lot from them, and I passed on good information to other customers. I truly loved working there. The PAY was not good. In 5 1/2 yrs I got a $1.69 raise. I did my job well and I signed a little over 1000 new customers for TJX credit cards in the last 2 1/2 yrs.I also raised quite a bit of money for St. Judes Childrens Hospital, which I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to do so.
Pros
I am probably the only one who feels this way
Cons
Low pay, perfect for a student, part-time, or a second job
Store has great merchandise
Merchandise Coordinator/Key Holder/ Cash Office (Current Employee) –  WAApril 25, 2016
Hours are scarce, a part-time employee will receive about 8 to 15 hours a week. Schedule is posted weekly, making it hard to plan. Store is always being reset due to unpredictable merchandise. Very few full time opportunities . Inconsistencies with Corporate direction, seems to vary from manager to manager causing multiple resets of merchandise, causing lose of payroll dollars. Because the store sells furniture and garden pots, the lifting is well over what was stated in job description. Equipment is not provide for aid in lifting. Company promotes team lift, yet because of lack of hours, there isn't assistance for this kind of lift.
Pros
Full time position has good medical benefits
Cons
Lack of hours for part-time, lifting similar to warehouse, or moving company
Stressful and unsafe work environment
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 24, 2016
- A typical day at work is frustrating, with unclear goals and mountains of backed up work
- I learned that raising opinions and concerns about safety and management will at best put you in an unfavorable spotlight at the price of a quick and temporary solution
-Management is largely concerned with sales and customer satisfaction, not the safety or contentment of their employees.
-Co-workers are friendly and hospitable, though often times feel boxed in by management
-The hardest part of the job is getting up and going every day, once the shine wears off and you learn the true nature of the environment. It is exceedingly difficult to feel motivated to work in a place that does not value your time or consider your safety.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving.
Okay Job
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 20, 2016
It's a very tiring job that consists of mostly organization and some heavy lifting. There are times where I am being called for help by multiple people and it gets extremely busy. Having to carry furniture around the store and to peoples' cars, taking down, rolling up, and carrying rugs around, all while trying to maintain the cleanliness of the store can sometimes a bit too much for a single to handle.
Pros
Helps with organizational skills
Cons
Few workers working at a time makes it extremely busy for everyone
Enjoyable environment to work in
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 1, 2016
Throughout my experience at Homegoods, I was immersed in a cultural and accepting environment. As a part of the staff, I assisted and managed several projects throughout the year. In addition, I got to practice my communication skills very often.
Pros
Cons
Busy workdays
Awesome atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 31, 2016
Even day is a new day, in which I learn new things. My co-workers are the best and an energetic team. I love working in the truck mid-day because you work at a fast pace and you always work with the same group in order to reach the goal each day. The hardest part is when management isn't on the same page. However, my overall experience at homegoods is great. I enjoy working with outstanding people.
Customer Satisfaction
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2016
A typical day at Homegoods included providing the highest level of customer service to our guest. It was very fast paced; assisting customers with locating items in store or surrounding stores and personally serving up to 100 guest per day. I engaged while expediting cash or credit transactions. Creating beautiful displays and training associates allowed me to grow as a merchandiser and leader. Including improving the customer satisfactions ratings by setting standards and goals for myself and coworkers. Unfortunately management was unorganized and many times disrespectful to all the associates. Co workers were great, yet there were some that did not work great as a team. The hardest part of the job was the disrespect and lack of encouragement from associates and managers.Furthermore, The customer engagement and being able to assist guest was the highlight.
Energetic, Productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2016
I provide aid customers in their shopping experience. I show them different products, make suggestions and provide different kinds of customer service.
Additionally I am tasked with re-stocking shelves and organizing my assigned area.
very productive
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 14, 2016
Homegoods give good benefits. Huge warehouse with plenty of cultures. Only thing about the job that was hard was making sure each department made it easier on the next.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Disappointing experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 6, 2016
The typical day at work was brainless. One cannot have any creativity or individuality. You're pretty much treated like a 16 yr. old. When starting your shift you are given a walkie talkie, yes it is useful, however it is a way to keep tabs on everyone. I didn't learn anything while working there as they give you no training, nor explanation for anything they want done. There rules have rules but you don't know it until they tell you didn't do it right. For the most part management is also in the dark. They hire people from other companies without the knowledge of how HomeGoods specifically works. I had a wonderful group of co workers for the most part but they left one by one after the new location opened as the hours were not distributed fairly. There is no ranking system other than who likes who,
I really wanted to work at HomeGoods as I am a seasoned retail person and LOVE the merchandise. The interview took 3 min. speaking to someone from a different store and they had no idea my skills.
The company itself is very generous when it comes to feeding employees..so they don't have to leave the store and then you only get 1/2 hr. for lunch.
I enjoyed working with the customers since the merchandise is so much of what I refer to as my 'niche' market
I was very sad when I left as I believe my qualifications fit their needs. It is a large company so don't expect to be recognized unless your a favorite. Men are at an advantage also as the position is very labor intensive, merchandising is heavy, and high with no ladders so if your short you won't get far. The
  more... payroll is so tight the store is not cleaned (that does not mean the facilities because they are cleaned daily!)
Oh, if you want the discount it is only 10% so it's no biggie. I was sorry to loose this and feel I was done an injustice.
Pros
Get paid weekly on time. Great merchandise, nice people as customers
Cons
crummy hours, no set schedule, only 4 days notice of following week schedule
Home goods
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 5, 2016
I'm not working at Home Goods anymore they'er not paying as much as they should be paying there for the job they need to be done.

2.9