Homegoods Employee Reviews

Found 1,100 reviews matching the search
good co workers
Warehouser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2017
the jobs are easy manangement is not good, the pay sucks best part is its monday through friday so you can plan things on the weekend, it does have a union that you can join if you choose.
Pros
monday thru friday
Cons
poor pay
Fun place and people to work with .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAApril 25, 2017
Working at Homegoods was fun i love the people that i used to work with it was a fun experience , for example i use to work in the morning where i had to put the merchandise out and it was fun also i was the opening cashier . The part i enjoy most was the customers they made my day .
Pros
Party's
Cons
Short-breaks
Homegoods - Work and leave
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 25, 2017
Compensation and morale low. Workload and stress consistently high. May be good for part-timers, like moms, to make a little extra cash on the side. Full-timers and management not experiencing even satisfactory job satisfaction. Management is, very obviously, under considerable and constant pressure.
Pros
Employee discounts, with plenty to buy
Cons
Everything else
There are alpt of beautiful hearts that work there unfortunatley there are some that look out only for there self
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 25, 2017
Usually i get to work
speak clock in joke
jump into work mode
Start processing
Handling items weighing at 5-50 lbs
Sensoring items
Crafting an labeling
Pros
Lunch often
Cons
Short breaks
Working in Retail
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
I have to say that HomeGoods have one thing going for them and that's the people working for them. This was my first official job so it was a bit daunting but I remember during orientation the merchandising manager was going through our rules and regs. (i.e. like not to eat anyones food from the fridge) and stated that if you were hungry and didn't have food then tell him and he will buy you lunch. You have to keep in mind that the managers here don't make much more than everyone else so just that he offered was something I can't ever forget. The only bad thing was they're big on efficiency so if you don't meet the exact hours they need you won't be scheduled. Also you're timed for everything. How fast you build a lamp and how many. How many pieces of furniture you assemble and code, how fast you process the truck; everything is timed so you have to work hard and fast.
Pros
Amazing co-wokers and managers
Cons
Very corporate, timed processing
Horrible
Visual/Sales -Coordinator/HOMEGOODS (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 23, 2017
Required to sale credit cards to people.
Required to clean toilets, clean up dog mess, work like a prisoner in a correctional facility.
Mgt. needs to all be replaced. No mgt. style for productive employees to follow. Rude and condescending remarks and no accountability I in any manner. Lowest customer service scores in region is typical, month after month.
Pros
Cons
11:00 pm walking in empty parking lot and overnight shifts
valuable knowledge gained
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 23, 2017
Working here was a good learning experience. I gained valuable knowledge that I will be able to apply in future career opportunities. Merchandising technics learned can and will be applied in future career experiences.
It is NOT all fun and games
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJ 08753April 22, 2017
HomeGoods seems like a great place to work, but it's definitely not. There is no room for advancement even when I asked if I could be bumped up. Extremely stingy with only a very small discount. Unreasonable expectations that'll stress you out and make you go crazy. Management was good when started, but has gone severely downhill.
Pros
At least there was a discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYApril 22, 2017
Made some friends while at work and also with customers. I had 1 customer who always went to me for help; she even knew my name. I liked being available to help everyone at work.
Pros
Free dinner on Holidays.
Cons
Less hours.
Long
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 22, 2017
Working security we had cameras watching us 24/7 which made us feel like we could be fired at any minute. but the manager was amazing and very nice but just an uncomfortable place to work

Want to know more about Homegoods?

Ask a question
Ehhhhh
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 22, 2017
Understanding about call outs, but management is all over the place. Barley any hours given but new people are always being hired. Associates do not last more than 2 months here for those reasons. People constantly come and go..
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management and organization, bad payroll
Work in progress
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 21, 2017
Good prices, ok service and work. Like every job it has its ups and downs. Advancement is hard to do here. They do work well with school or home schedules, you sometimes need to stay on top of it though. They do seem to aspire to be or surpass the Bed Bath and Beyond culture. And with the prices they may do just that. Customer and Employee relations could use some work and support
Great co-workers and fun atmosphere but small conflicts
Sales Associate & Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 19, 2017
I love the environment in Homegoods, all the associates are nice and helpful. Lunches and breaks are great but the pay is low especially for some of the tasks that must be accomplished. Managers are fun but can sometimes create small conflicts among the associates. Overall this is a great place to work at for short term.
Good paying friendly work enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIApril 19, 2017
I think the pay is excellent and just about every customer and other associate is friendly. It is just hard to get a lot of stable hours and I find that when the store is very busy it can become very stressful because we are expected to perform many duties.
Pros
Good pay, days requested off are typically given, everyone works well together
Cons
Not many hours, can be stressful
Home goods is a very clean warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INApril 18, 2017
it gave some experience in the warehouse department. It wasn't the best place to work only because they are very particular and the cater more to the Hispanics. It was a good experience for me though
Productive and fun workplace with great supervisors
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 18, 2017
Nice company.. it's all about work and getting it done accurately and efficiently.. the most enjoyable part of the job is having a lot of work to do..
Duties
Accuracy Controller (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAApril 18, 2017
AC-Accuracy Controller: Count merchandise to be sent to its designated area for ticketing

Ticketing: Place sticker prices on items to be sent to packaging

Packing: Each item was to be packed a certain way with a certain amount

Shipping/Receiving: Send to designated stores
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
at the time the pay was less than expected for a warehouse job
Productive and Fun place to work
Cashiering, Merchandising, Markdowns (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 18, 2017
A fun environment where work gets done efficiently. Management is always there to help whenever a problem occurs. Most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Productive workplace
Cash Office Coordinator/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 17, 2017
Gave me good experience with cash handling, but the environment was not fun. Very early hours, and not much flexibility. Overall, good work experience.
It was a really good area to work at such good people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAApril 17, 2017
working in the company was really fun , i had alot of things to do with my supervisor . The supervisor would check my area that i would work at . We had to rearrange the merchandise.
Pros
It was really fun working there.
Cons
It was only two days of the week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9