Homegoods Employee Reviews in United States

Supervisor in Distribution
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INNovember 14, 2015
Overall not a bad place to work. Front office management has shown themselves to be dense more times than not. Overall culture is inclusive but there are issues at most levels. Most fellow supervisors are competent but there are some who coast without fear of repercussions. Metrics rule with certain numbers valued above all others - achieving these are the most important thing. Logic is lacking for what leads to performance. For now sales are good and overtime is available - once the bubble bursts and they are no longer king of the mountain - things will become very interesting.

For now it is okay but due to decisions made by upper management, I am looking to see what else is out there. Good place to learn.
I loved this job.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I loved this job but the commute was just too much for me. It was full of exciting new merchandise and wonderful customers. The HomeGoods crew worked really well together.
Pros
Looking at all the amazing merchandise.
Cons
The commute was too much for me
ok!
Accuracy control (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GADecember 9, 2015
somethings were challenging on a day to day bases, but over all everything was great.
a big issue was it takes 3 mins to walk to the other side for break 3 mins to walk back, and we were limited to a 10 min break. we have to work bell to bell, but they didnt allow us to break bell to bell. you were consider late the second break bell
Pros
management
Cons
short breaks
fast pace very fun people
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2015
fast pace good mangers tried to motivate you on early mornings when you know the task would be hard. The pay did not match the amount of labor i did i would work til i sweat with very short breaks sometimes they required to finish a truck by yourself which would be hard for the average but i like the task to push my myself.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks and they work til sweat for very short pay
Great atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJuly 12, 2016
Fun place to work. Great opportunity for growth and movement in this company. Flexible hours and schedules. Busy, fun atmosphere.
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, MIMay 24, 2016
the work enviroment was a gret place i loved working with the staff but the management was very unorganized rude and very disrespectful to there own stuff
Alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 20, 2016
I only worked there seasonally so I didn't get a fair idea of how the job works. The people seemed nice. The job was relatively easy and the hours weren't bad.
day at work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I started as cashier and back room, I mainly unloaded the truck and put things on the shelves and cashiered when needed. The customers were great people and very friendly. My coworkers trained me well for working in the back room
fast pace
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 23, 2015
I learned how the culture of retail store is and how fast associate should work to meet costumers need.
Sometimes we had one-day truck and the team were under stress but we could handle it. Usually I was the person who unloaded the truck because I was the fastest.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metaire,LaJuly 8, 2016
Great environment one a everyday bases.
Great management and the co-workers as well.
Busy during holidays or sale events
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 10, 2015
Excellent company with great benefits, support and training.
The hardest part of the job is to much workload with not enough employees to accomplish every tasks.
The most enjoyable part is the training and supportive management.
Very good work environment.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
overload work on too many tasks with not enough employees
HomeGoods Management
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTDecember 3, 2015
This is a great company to work for as far as benefits, workplace, type of work performed, customer base, etc. Although they do not recognize hard workers when you get to the management level and can get stuck in your position with no opportunities quickly.
Awesome first job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 30, 2015
I started here at 15 and was there until I was 19. They were awesome and I really enjoyed the business. When I was there my managers let me learn all aspects of the business and work in all areas which I always enjoyed.
Its a sweat shop!!!
warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTNovember 13, 2015
Nothing special about this place. the management is thumbs down. they time you on your production. they dont have incentive so you slave all day for minimum wage. Majority of workers are hispanic and they dont speak English. My trainer only spoke Spanish which made learning very hard.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
pay
Consistent work
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 1, 2016
This was a good job long hour but it had good happy people I looked forward to going to word but I was getting payed minimum wage
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Minimum wage
Awesome environment to work in
Sales Associate / Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILSeptember 29, 2015
HomeGoods allowed me to challenge my artist side regarding merchandise displays. The level of confidence you gain is invaluable as you learn all aspects of the store chain from merchandise delivery, set-up, displays, customer service to the moment the customer leaves the store. Having that type of knowledge allows you the opportunity and know-how to assist customers with appropriate product knowledge.
Pros
Learning job duty from beginning to end
Cons
fast paced environment with great co-workers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAOctober 1, 2015
Fast paced environment with a variety of tasks to do. Management is very concerned with how quick and accurately you can accomplish a given task. The other associates are very nice people and make working here enjoyable. I have learned so much from colleagues since managers are doing other things.
Pros
flexible schedule, variety of tasks
Cons
don't have the opportunity to take breaks
productive workplace
stock associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2016
lackluster management. management is awful, horrible communication skills, recommend human development courses.
Pros
no pros
Cons
awful management, understaffed, never prepared
I've learned a lot here.
Sales/Stock Associate/Cashier/Cart Retriever (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 30, 2015
Great environment with excellent management. I just wish the pay rate boost happened sooner. Also the shift management could use some tweaks, a lot of gaps between shifts.
A fun and enjoyable workplace.
PART TIME STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I really enjoy working part time at HomeGoods. It is a place that I like to shop so its fun being able to see new products as they come in.

2.9