Homejoy

Homejoy Employee Reviews

Fast paced, quick to change
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2015
Started in the San Francisco office, relocated to Sacramento, CA as Call Center Client Service Supervisor. Managed team of up to 10. Hire, train, coach new and existing teams. Constant change in policy and procedure to better the experience for clients.
Good culture- management can be better
support (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, dinner, benefits are great and 100% covered, commute stipend
Cons: no job security
As any startup, its risky and job security is never 100% Ive seen a high turn over, management makes incredibly stupid decisions and trust was given to some very unreliable people, but overall, I've had the opportunity to grow and learn skills that I would have to go back to school for. The culture (other than management who can be very *exclusive* ) is great, everyone gets along and there are some very hard working people with a passion to create work opportunities to the contractors.
It was fun
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, supportfive management, great benefits and pay
Cons: Demanding workload for some coworkers which in turn caused embitterment
Fun environment of coworkers, stressful workload. They offer great benefits (medical and dental) along with VSP vision. They also have a kitchen with free food stocked weekly.
Not what it claims to be, communication with managers difficult
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Manager avoided BA phone calls, we rarely had to talk to him
Cons: LA Field Marketing and Partnerships Specialist is very emotional
A typical day consists of street team duties; they send you out somewhere (usually a street corner as they have done little research on where their target demo is) and want you to try and get people to book appointments on the spot. They provide the entire team of BA's with two iPads and usually send two teams to two separate locations at the same time meaning only one iPad for a team of 4 BA's. This may not sound like a problem until you factor in that management expects you to book people on the spot. This of course means you must take their credit card info on the spot, usually on your own personal cell phone since you probably don't have the iPad. Customers can be very hesitant to let a complete stranger take down their credit card info into a personal cell phone.

This is not a Brand Ambassador job, this is a sales position.

During my interview, the manager spent more time picking my brain about possible locations than he did asking about my credentials. This should have been a red flag right away as to how completely unorganized the management here in LA is.
Bait and Switch
Anonymous (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Unlimited PTO
Cons: Company wastes money so compensation is very low
Promised a great culture with growth opportunities but the company is struggling financially and has poor retention. Tenured employees are overworked and underpaid while new upper management is being brought in from other companies but unable to make a positive change.
Questionable Homejoy
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, culture, experience
Cons: culture, management
Working at this company has been both rewarding and exciting. The initial culture when coming into the company was great, uplifting, positive and inspiring. However, being here for nearly 2 year, I've seen and experience a drastic culture shift that was very underwhelming unfortunately. The once happy and exciting culture that once existed is now a bland and sorrowing experience. The rewarding aspect of my time here was the startup nature of the company-being my the first startup experience and I genuinely fell in love with the fast-paced and passionate environment. Although the startup world can change unexpectedly, this company has definitely peeked my interest for the tech industry to say the least.
Very advanced company with lots of work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 23, 2015
This company is very advanced with lots of work but the downfall was no room for advancement. The flexible schedule was a plus but too much miscommunication with service center.
Independent Contractor position cleaning homes
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Pros: Set your own hours, be your own boss in a sense, develop your own repeat clientele, don't need to dress nice for work
Cons: No benefits, have to pay for the cleaning supplies, have to provide own transportation to the job sights which are different every day
This company is great because you get to set your own hours and you don't have to do a lengthy training program. If you have >30 hours a week availability you start off with a higher pay. They provide the supplies to start you off, but after that everything is your responsibility. They don't do anything but hook you up with clients who need their home cleaned within your available work time. You are resbonsible for paying for everything and doing your own taxes. I only talked to the manager once and that was when he asked me where to send the startup kit.
Amazing clients
House cleaner (Former Employee), CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: nice clients
Cons: pay may seem great but you pay for everything on your own
This job was great in theory but with no one at your back and no number to actually call when you needed help it became a nightmare.
Clean Houses
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Cleaning Toilets
Helped people clean their houses so, that they were able to perform other duties that they needed to perform in their daily lives for them and their families.
productive and fun, but poor management
Client Services Rep (Former Employee), 1792 Tribute roadMarch 21, 2015
The associates were all easy to work with, we all got the heavy workload finished together. The management however was really difficult. Lead supervisors would have a poor attitude and lacked communication. The distribution of work was given poorly and management would value the feedback of other management more, not the subordinates. They initially used to give us a review we would fill out for our management, which comforted me. Made me feel like they evaluated the satisfaction of their associates with a 360 degree appraisal system, but I was unfortunately wrong. Good pay, good benefits, alot of stress, difficult management to work with and politics is an issue.
Very productive workplace
San Jose District Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: no job security
Work your own hours and meet a lot of people. Learned on how to run your own company. You have to manage a lot of day to day, and manage a big city and crew.
Stay away
N A (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: everything else
They fired all their city managers, no communication. Clients cancel but cleaners are not informed. Clients can no longer pick their cleaner, so every appointment is random. They said they raised their prices to give the cleaners a raise but that is not true. Techs are now changing cleaner reviews. Discarding 5 star review and changing what I had said. Clients are not amused by this and neither are the cleaners. I talk to the cleaners so be aware Home Joy. You are Dishonest. I told her everything!!
Fast Pace
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, 401(k), health and wellness
Fun, extremely fast pace environment, with strong leadership and the company thrives on analytics and metrics. Really diverse workplace and great company culture.
Horrible Management
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee), SacramentoJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: kitchen and benefits
Cons: everything else
This company is full of it. They make it seem like it's the best job ever with all the great benefits and fully stocked kitchen. In other words, "the dream job." Definitely NOT! Management is horrible. LEADS were consistently trying to avoid escalated issues and requests by pushing in onto the Reps. Only about two really good leads in there. Other than that, every one else, even the manager is lazy. They really have no idea how to better their system and instead of trying to figure out why the company is loosing clients, they try to fix the customer service side. Obviously trying to fix something that's not broken. OH and it feels like English class. On everything you do or say, they're consistently saying there's grammar issue or punctuation errors. But they also say, "you did a great job at addressing the issue." Contradictory much? It's all favoritism and what benefits them. You deal with so much that it's not worth your time, energy, and money. You will get drained working for this company. Even the CEO seems to not give two poops about anyone, but her engineers.
Worst company ever. They lie and are undependqble
Cleaner (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They provide poor service in every way I am a great cleaner but they treatede so badly I started my own company. They lie no truth ever they do not care about their clients or their employees. Oh that's right they have no employees. Never work for them. Never use them. Pure evil money hungry creeps
independent contractor
Management/Master Cleaner (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 4, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
Choosing when and where your available for jobs is a good concept. But there is no where higher for me to go.
homejoy
Cleaner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED
THE CO WORKERS WAS NICE
THE PAY RATE WAS WONDERFUL
DIDNT LIKE THE TRAVLING WITH THE WORK KIT AND IT WAS A VERY INDEPENDENT JOB, YOU CAN PICK UP LAST MIN CLEANING JOBS FOR HOW MANY HOURS YOUR WILLING TO WORK ,LOVE THE TIPS.
Poor working conditions
Professional cleaner (Former Employee), santa ana, ca.November 12, 2014
Cons: everything
a typical day at work was waking up at 4 am to drive all the way to orange county and be there all day long because there was not enough local jobs. traffic, rude clients, and poor management was a downfall. the pay was good but when you calculate a business license cost and gas and supplies and mileage its simply not worth it.. co workers were usually high or poor workers and made my reviews go down in score and I ended up getting locked out of my dashboard because of that,, and I had to work during peak hours mandatory or I would lose my job so the pick you own schedule thing was bogus.
Great colleagues and work environment.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fully stocked break room a "zen" room great benefits and compensation.
Cons: start up company, lack of security, very lenient management, constant major changes.
A typical work day at Homejoy for myself would consist of coaching representatives, writing reports, taking phone calls, sending formal emails, taking sales calls, and listening in on other representatives phone calls while providing feedback to better their work performance. I learned a lot about displaying empathy towards the clients, selling product, professionalism, and email etiquette. All of my co-workers were great and so much fun to work with. Management was very friendly but not always available. The work atmosphere would sometimes almost feel too relaxed and there for did cause some issues like tardiness, frequent absences, and reps taking multiple breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with the clients and making them happy!

About Homejoy