Homejoy

Homejoy United States Employee Reviews

Independent Contractor position cleaning homes
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
Pros: Set your own hours, be your own boss in a sense, develop your own repeat clientele, don't need to dress nice for work
Cons: No benefits, have to pay for the cleaning supplies, have to provide own transportation to the job sights which are different every day
This company is great because you get to set your own hours and you don't have to do a lengthy training program. If you have >30 hours a week availability you start off with a higher pay. They provide the supplies to start you off, but after that everything is your responsibility. They don't do anything but hook you up with clients who need their home cleaned within your available work time. You are resbonsible for paying for everything and doing your own taxes. I only talked to the manager once and that was when he asked me where to send the startup kit.
Amazing clients
House cleaner (Former Employee), CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: nice clients
Cons: pay may seem great but you pay for everything on your own
This job was great in theory but with no one at your back and no number to actually call when you needed help it became a nightmare.
Clean Houses
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Cleaning Toilets
Helped people clean their houses so, that they were able to perform other duties that they needed to perform in their daily lives for them and their families.
productive and fun, but poor management
Client Services Rep (Former Employee), 1792 Tribute roadMarch 21, 2015
The associates were all easy to work with, we all got the heavy workload finished together. The management however was really difficult. Lead supervisors would have a poor attitude and lacked communication. The distribution of work was given poorly and management would value the feedback of other management more, not the subordinates. They initially used to give us a review we would fill out for our management, which comforted me. Made me feel like they evaluated the satisfaction of their associates with a 360 degree appraisal system, but I was unfortunately wrong. Good pay, good benefits, alot of stress, difficult management to work with and politics is an issue.
Very productive workplace
San Jose District Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: no job security
Work your own hours and meet a lot of people. Learned on how to run your own company. You have to manage a lot of day to day, and manage a big city and crew.
Stay away
N A (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: everything else
They fired all their city managers, no communication. Clients cancel but cleaners are not informed. Clients can no longer pick their cleaner, so every appointment is random. They said they raised their prices to give the cleaners a raise but that is not true. Techs are now changing cleaner reviews. Discarding 5 star review and changing what I had said. Clients are not amused by this and neither are the cleaners. I talk to the cleaners so be aware Home Joy. You are Dishonest. I told her everything!!
Fast Pace
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, 401(k), health and wellness
Fun, extremely fast pace environment, with strong leadership and the company thrives on analytics and metrics. Really diverse workplace and great company culture.
Horrible Management
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee), SacramentoJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: kitchen and benefits
Cons: everything else
This company is full of it. They make it seem like it's the best job ever with all the great benefits and fully stocked kitchen. In other words, "the dream job." Definitely NOT! Management is horrible. LEADS were consistently trying to avoid escalated issues and requests by pushing in onto the Reps. Only about two really good leads in there. Other than that, every one else, even the manager is lazy. They really have no idea how to better their system and instead of trying to figure out why the company is loosing clients, they try to fix the customer service side. Obviously trying to fix something that's not broken. OH and it feels like English class. On everything you do or say, they're consistently saying there's grammar issue or punctuation errors. But they also say, "you did a great job at addressing the issue." Contradictory much? It's all favoritism and what benefits them. You deal with so much that it's not worth your time, energy, and money. You will get drained working for this company. Even the CEO seems to not give two poops about anyone, but her engineers.
Worst company ever. They lie and are undependqble
Cleaner (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They provide poor service in every way I am a great cleaner but they treatede so badly I started my own company. They lie no truth ever they do not care about their clients or their employees. Oh that's right they have no employees. Never work for them. Never use them. Pure evil money hungry creeps
independent contractor
Management/Master Cleaner (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 4, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
Choosing when and where your available for jobs is a good concept. But there is no where higher for me to go.
homejoy
Cleaner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2014
IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED
THE CO WORKERS WAS NICE
THE PAY RATE WAS WONDERFUL
DIDNT LIKE THE TRAVLING WITH THE WORK KIT AND IT WAS A VERY INDEPENDENT JOB, YOU CAN PICK UP LAST MIN CLEANING JOBS FOR HOW MANY HOURS YOUR WILLING TO WORK ,LOVE THE TIPS.
Poor working conditions
Professional cleaner (Former Employee), santa ana, ca.November 12, 2014
Cons: everything
a typical day at work was waking up at 4 am to drive all the way to orange county and be there all day long because there was not enough local jobs. traffic, rude clients, and poor management was a downfall. the pay was good but when you calculate a business license cost and gas and supplies and mileage its simply not worth it.. co workers were usually high or poor workers and made my reviews go down in score and I ended up getting locked out of my dashboard because of that,, and I had to work during peak hours mandatory or I would lose my job so the pick you own schedule thing was bogus.
Great colleagues and work environment.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fully stocked break room a "zen" room great benefits and compensation.
Cons: start up company, lack of security, very lenient management, constant major changes.
A typical work day at Homejoy for myself would consist of coaching representatives, writing reports, taking phone calls, sending formal emails, taking sales calls, and listening in on other representatives phone calls while providing feedback to better their work performance. I learned a lot about displaying empathy towards the clients, selling product, professionalism, and email etiquette. All of my co-workers were great and so much fun to work with. Management was very friendly but not always available. The work atmosphere would sometimes almost feel too relaxed and there for did cause some issues like tardiness, frequent absences, and reps taking multiple breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with the clients and making them happy!
the over all job
residential home clearer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2014
i enjoyed my self at this love they have plenty of work. many hours
Interesting company
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: doesn't take out taxes
Seems like a smooth job at first but eventually you'll become annoyed with the management.
Potential to make good money just bad management
Cleaner (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 15, 2014
Pros: potentially good money
Cons: management and client reviews
I thought I finally found a company I would enjoy working for. You can set your own hours, request off, and work on your own. But customers are able to put up horrible reviews and management automatically takes their side. The city manager is impossible to get in touch with but yet the assistant city manager will act like she can't do anything to help. They claim they have your back but they don't. They are quick to suspend people. They tell you that you can dispute it but they don't fully investigate the situation. I had five star reviews and only two one star reviews. One of the reviews the lady completely lied and the second one lied saying I didn't show up when she didn't answer her door. I contacted both managers through email, phone, and text message right away and none answered.
Productive well managed new cleaning company
Housekeeper (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free drink and snacks at the main headquarters, and tips
Cons: customer service, the clients, the whole workplace was terrible
Homejoy was a pleasure to work with in the begginning but as i got into the field for a little more over a month everything start changing at first they was on top but started falling off slowly when it comes to answering the phone for serious inquries to messing up on my payments.
Fun place to work, with a young innovative culture.
Client Services Escalations Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, parties, and lots of alcohol.
Cons: no defined benefits or pto structure.
I loved working for Homejoy, and so does everyone else who works there. It was a great environment to make your mark, and to learn new skills to benefit your future career. Everyone has a tremendous amount of fun, and the culture is very important to the HR team.
Cleaner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2014
Pro's

Management is very good here in Vegas.
You can create your own schedule.
Pay is good.

Con's

Clients have the ability to book a shorter time than what is recommended. No One can clean a 4000 sq ft home in 2.5
to 3 hrs.
Loved It!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Management is awesome, paid weekly, work as an independent contractor, $12/hr, most clients are great to work with and if you do well, they even tip you. I absolutely loved working here and would recommend this job to any and everyone that enjoys cleaning.

About Homejoy