HOMELAND Employee Reviews in United States

Boss are great
ICC inventory control clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2016
I do a lot of different jobs and talk to a lot of different people. I'm also the safety auditor, I keep the books for the store and balance them at the end of each week and inventory every 4 weeks for meat,deli,baker,.produce,floral. and the whole store every 3 months.
Pros
good hours
Cons
i like every thing aboit my job.
great place to work
Carry Out Clerk and Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKApril 27, 2016
i enjoyed working here as stocker/janitor it was a fun easy productive job. management was easy to get along with and co workers was great team players
Loved working their.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 21, 2016
My co-workers and boss was very nice and easy to talk to. I Loved meeting new customers and getting to talk to them. This was my first job and was very easy because I was 17 so all I had to do was stand their and check people out and bag their items.
This job depends on the day
Master Plumber (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYMarch 7, 2016
Typical day at work is not bad on most days. I have had to learn how to deal with a diverse set of people and try to make them satisfied with the solutions to the problems at hand. Management and coworkers are great to work with on most days. The hardest part of the job is the jobs where we jackhammer kitchen floors dig down to the trunk line cut out cast replace with PVC . The most enjoyable part of the days is the guys I work with.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Health ins, retirement
Retail Grocery Store
Assistant Store Manager - Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKFebruary 1, 2016
I learned intensive bookkeeping and how to run a store as a manager in charge. Small salary and large hours led me to a different job.
Baker / Cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJanuary 28, 2016
wasn't really any place for improvement for money or anything but it was a nice place to work with good people, they were kind and easy to get along with
Pros
was a nice place to work
Cons
nothing really too bad
Growing store with many opportunitys.
Register/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKNovember 5, 2015
This job kept me busy, with constant truck unloading's, stocking shelves, assisting customers and running registers. I learned how to multi-task and keep a steady work pace. Co-workers were friendly and helpful as was the management. My hardest part was adapting to a big store but I enjoy helping others and meeting people.
Pros
Easy work place
Cons
No benefits
Decent company
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2015
First job, enjoyed the work, but under paid, under staffed, store eventually closed for lack of business and couldnt compete with other stores.
Coworkers and costumers were great
Food Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKSeptember 12, 2015
Very boring job with little pay. There are no advancements in the company. There are very little raises. Worked there a year and still make minimum wage.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and pay
Overall a great place to work.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 8, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Homeland. The management team were all very helpful and understanding, I always felt as if I could come to them with any problems concerns or questions. The atmosphere is very homey and friendly. Co-workers always seemed ready to teach and help with any problems. A very good environment for all ages and people of all backgrounds easy to learn and fun to know that you are providing a service many people depend on.
Not a great place to wrk.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 11, 2015
I would check out people with barely anytime of my feet. I learned that you can not trust everyone. The managment is horrible you have to have a connection to get a promotion. The co-workers are cool people. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with horrbile management. I enjoyed working with great co workers.
could be managed better
Cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 28, 2015
half the time the managers were outside smoking every other 5 minutes. while everyone else work their part we would always have to search for the managers when we needed keys which was often due to their program for the check stands. so not only did we end up wasting the customers time they would get angry cause they actually had to do their jobs. most of my coworkers were pretty friendly both to coworkers and customers. i learned how to mostly deal with people somewhat. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers not the customers which i thought it was suppose to be the opposite. most enjoyable part of the job all in all was getting to go home.
Pros
union helps
Cons
fighting for hours to work, managers, seniority didn't mean anything like its suppose to.
Long and understaffed
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 19, 2015
The days were long with little to no breaks. They were very understaffed and weren't interested in hiring. co-workers were great management not so much, the hardest part of the job was getting off when scheduled and dealing with mis-marked prices but the customers made it worth it they were very sweet and lots of regulars.
Pros
Great customers and co-workers
Cons
the pay, management, benefits.
Unlike any grocery store
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMarch 30, 2015
This place was my first job when I moved to Oklahoma and the people who were employed at the time of my employment were excellent people. It was great having the 1-1 interaction with customers and occasionally I'd have regulars, which boosted my confidence in how I was doing as a cashier.
Pros
The employees, environment.
Cons
Pay, some of the management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Haysville, KSFebruary 17, 2015
I liked all my coworkers, even though we all liked to have fun, we managed to get all of our work done. I enjoyed getting to know all of my regulars that would come into the store.
Grew as a person
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2014
Customers always right environment. Moved up very quickly in this retail store.
Pros
meet and train new hires
Cons
manager tended to show favoritism towards some.
asst front end manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OKNovember 4, 2014
I just enjoyed going to work all my co-workers liked working with me because I made working fun. I learned to have patients with my customers because you could really get some irraite customers. there really wasn't anything hard about my job. just being at working and seeing all my regular customer and co-workers made it enjoyable
Pros
customers, co-workers, just being at work
Cons
busy time and co-workers calling in
Great People to work with
Assistant Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKNovember 2, 2014
Was a fun place to work from time to time. Could be stressful sometimes, like a holiday or if a winter storm or tornado was coming.
Cons
managment didn't get set breaks, if you could get one in then great.
freindly environment
DELI SERVER (Former Employee) –  Muskogee oklahomaOctober 14, 2014
Work pace was very relaxed and the management staff is very respectful and helpful
Pros
low cost good quality health care for full and part time employees
Cons
wages are not competitive
I enjoyed working with residents and making their days happier.
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2014
I learned to never take life for granted. My typical work day I assisted residents with their daily life tasks.