HOMELAND Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKJune 12, 2017
homeland was my first job and i loved the quick pace and how quick you learned your job. the staff was fun and liked each other for the most part would recommend a friend to work there.
Pros
the people you worked with
Cons
hours not enought
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2017
It was a great place to work i moved up pretty quick because i stayed on my job and i did the work that i was told to do and i got it done. Pretty great little company.
Homeland
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 17, 2017
When I worked at Homeland the management staff what different then what it is now. There was a hole in the wall when I worked there. A hole about the size of a fist that went all the from the inside of the pharmacy to the outside world. I pulled expired drugs from the shelf, some had been expired from 2 years ago. The whole pharmacy needed to be updated and maybe it has. Its been a long time since I have been there.
I didn't like working for Homeland.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Del City, OKMay 11, 2017
I found we never had enough help. The tech's never knew what they needed to do. The management was very bad. They also picked their favorite people. Management was also rude to customers in a lot of cases.
Pros
You got your hour lunch
Cons
Healthcare was so much
Fun work place
Activties coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, paMay 8, 2017
Homeland is a great place to work. I enjoy being apart of a team player company!! When I first started i was welcomed with open arms and the people are still pleasent.
Pros
Everything is great
Communication
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKApril 22, 2017
Communication needs to be worked on. The managers are nice. They work with schedules very well. Understand that things happen in life and always try to help out
Decent work enviroment.
Deli Clerk Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 8, 2017
This is a decent and loyal company to work for and tries to stay competitive on work wages. The insurance package is minimal but available. Management is fair and seems to be on the employees side.
Pros
Indoors and air conditioned.
Cons
Hours may sometimes be less than expected.
Awful company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 20, 2017
Homeland Could care less about it's employees, the only thing they care about is the customers. They promised me a promotion and a raise after being there for almost 2 years. I continued to perform exceptionally and they still never gave me what they promised. I even took on duties of an assistant manger and I was still paid the same amount I started with.
Pros
Always have a job
Cons
Poor pay and poor management
They are a good respectful company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 15, 2017
They work very well with hours and if there are problems that there is, they take care of things immediately and strive to make it a good place to shop at
Pros
Good with breaks
Challeninging work environment, scheduleing was hard to work with.
Produce Specialist Manager (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKFebruary 25, 2017
I learned a lot working with Homeland. Advancement was an opportunity at times depending on the department. I helped run the Produce department and customer service was my main goal. Learning produce was a new experience. I have always worked in the public. Each day was a little different depending on the season. The hardest part of my job was working with management schedule, since each week hours were different and the schedule did not come in time to plan life.
Not much room for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okemah, OKDecember 30, 2016
I worked at Homeland for two years straight and missed only three days of work, yet after two years, my pay only increased by twenty cents.

Assistant managers were always very nice, but the head managers were always very rude and never gave me consistent scheduling. I was always being called in to work due to people quitting or constantly not showing up. It is not a very high stress job, but the managers will make you miserable.
Homland
Deli (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKDecember 8, 2016
Underpaid for what is expected of you. the management is poor. Learning experience for me. The job its self was not stressful, it was the personal that worked there. they have a very poor work atmosphere that does not promote a friendly work environment.
Great Place
Customer Service Clerk /Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2016
Its a great place to work. The manager is awesome. He knows how to be there for his employees. I would definitely recommend this place to work. I would work there again if given the chance.
Pros
everything
Cons
Very physical and mental stressful work. Great pay and benefits.
Federal Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2016
Although I can't describe what I do because it is classified information. I can say that it is not a job for the weak. You have to have a strong mind and body to perform daily functions. A person must be very flexible at a moments notice because the rules change according to the work flow as per the Federal Security Director. The work moral is very low and the pay increases have been all but voided for the last eight yrs. It is a very stressful and demanding job. Meeting the requirements to protect the general flying public from all over the world in a timely manner is the main goal. Being tested annually on certifications by people who are not qualified to be certified in the job you perform daily is a down fall. Most of the officers are good employees. The hardest part of the job is having to work under non Federal Managers who are contract workers for the government. The most enjoyable part of a days work is seeing all the celebrities that come and go. I must say that I have learned a great deal about dealing with explosives and what they look like in the past thirteen years of my employment with this organization.
Great company to work for
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Very good manger's they treat employees with respect. They appreciate hard work . Willing to work with there employees with scheduling if needed.
Pros
very accommodating
Boss are great
ICC inventory control clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2016
I do a lot of different jobs and talk to a lot of different people. I'm also the safety auditor, I keep the books for the store and balance them at the end of each week and inventory every 4 weeks for meat,deli,baker,.produce,floral. and the whole store every 3 months.
Pros
good hours
Cons
i like every thing aboit my job.
Fun workplace
Cashier and Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people and being on the move all day. The coworkers were fun to be around. The manager was terrible. I learned alot. Learned all of the techniques on the register.
great place to work
Carry Out Clerk and Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pauls Valley, OKApril 27, 2016
i enjoyed working here as stocker/janitor it was a fun easy productive job. management was easy to get along with and co workers was great team players
Loved working their.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 21, 2016
My co-workers and boss was very nice and easy to talk to. I Loved meeting new customers and getting to talk to them. This was my first job and was very easy because I was 17 so all I had to do was stand their and check people out and bag their items.
This job depends on the day
Master Plumber (Current Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYMarch 7, 2016
Typical day at work is not bad on most days. I have had to learn how to deal with a diverse set of people and try to make them satisfied with the solutions to the problems at hand. Management and coworkers are great to work with on most days. The hardest part of the job is the jobs where we jackhammer kitchen floors dig down to the trunk line cut out cast replace with PVC . The most enjoyable part of the days is the guys I work with.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Health ins, retirement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOMELAND. Our community is ready to answer.