MSW or equivalent Full Time Case Manager for the residents of Westport's emergency shelter, The Gillespie Center. We work to empower residents, help them to connect to available community services and treatment, and to increase their coping skills. Since Gillespie is an emergency shelter, the aim is to move clients quickly to housing or residential programs. In addition to working directly with our clients, the Case Manager, along with other staff members, oversees the general operation of the program including the clients' adherence to chores, the general cleanliness of the facility, etc. This position reports to the Program Director.
In general, the Case Manager will:
1. Assess client’s situation/needs
2. Develop an individual case action plan to help client meet established goals, or solve problems that led to homelessness
3. Provide referrals to community resources, including substance abuse treatment, detox, psychiatric evaluations, medical, and ultimately housing as required
4. Have ongoing interactions with the client to help coordinate activities from the action plan. 5. Communicate with clients’ other providers for case planning
6. Re-evaluate the action plan periodically or when the situation changes
7. Advocate for the client to help them obtain necessary services or benefits
10. Assist volunteers and donors when required.
Develops contacts within the social services community locally and attends appropriate meetings within the agency and off site.
Case Managers are required to conduct themselves in an ethical manner, in accordance with confidentiality laws, professional standards and in line with Homes with Hope's policies and procedures.