HOMESERVE USA

HOMESERVE USA Employer Reviews

Finance/Accounting Dept - Norwalk Ct
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pros: awesome company, great benefits and extras and overall the people are great.
Cons: cons: you will work double overtime, and in finance it is a very stressfull environment due to the leadership.
The overall company is fantastic! HOWEVER THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT IS THE WORSE DEPARTMENT IN THE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. You will loose your work life balance, you will work around the clock and at home logging in consistently in order to survive. The "Assistant Controller" of the department will be the worst boss you will ever encounter in your life!. – more... The department has lost ALLOT of good people because of her/Assistant Controller. My advice, if your joining the company into a different dept. fantastic. However if your going into the Finance team DON'T DO IT your will regret your decision.

Pros: awesome company, great benefits and extras and overall the people are great.

Cons: You will work double overtime, and in Finance it is a very stressfull environment due to the leadership. – less
Fast paced, growing business
Campaign Coordinator (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 13, 2014
HomeServe USA is a great organization to work for, the culture in the office is up beat and positive and you can really see how quickly the company is growing! While the work may not be the most glamorous, the management is great because they listen to your wants and needs and make efforts to accommodate that.
productive
Customer Service/Claim representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: shorts breaks
typical day answering phones the hardest part about my job was sometimes not knowing what to tell the customer but i have to think quickly to satisfy them
Productive and fun work place.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee), Queens, NYMay 18, 2014
Pros: take home company vehicle
Service and maintain 8-10+ residential hvac units a day. Use computer to complete and close out work orders. Work with homeowners to understand what I fixed and to have them understand their equipment. Assist coworkers when needed to complete tasks.
Summary of Homeserve USA
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses, free lunch, vacations, activities, raffles, knowledge
Cons: department ended :(
Homeserve is a great place to expand your word per minute speed and a close knit place where they offer guidance like family and gave off a high school environment with a slew of activities, games and other things to keep the work day going.
unorganized environment
Inbound Sales Agent (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: high school atomsphere
unorganized company very hard to balance work/personal life due to unexpected company changes
Unorganized, Greedy, Overworked/Underpaid
Sales (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2014
extremely stressful, high call volumes due to multiple mailers sent as duplicates.
Open-door policy - non friendly management members
Every way possible they come up with reasons to take your bonus
over-worked and underpaid...required to do multiple jobs but paid 12.hr
Mandatory over-time is put required without notice regardless of being a single parent
the – more... head doesn't know what the tail is doing
Management needs training immediately. – less
A fun place to work
INBOUND SALES AND REPAIR MANAGEMENT AGENT (Former Employee), Chattanooga,TNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits and fun activities
Cons: taking verbal abuse from customers
Homeserve was a good place to work. The benefits and incentives were great. I made a lot of great friends. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with upset customers and have to take verbal abuse.
productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 24, 2013
Pros: winning prizes, sponser lunch, leaving early
A typical day at work was opening mail and scanning checks.
I learned how to scan checks to banks.
My manager was nice and fun but wanted all the work done.
My co-workers were nice and very helpful.
I didn't have any hard part of my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was every Friday we had little parties and if we did extra work we received extra – more... money in our paychecks. – less
Fun, Fast paced, and growing!
Marketing (Current Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 18, 2013
Pros: laid back environment, casual dress code, work parties, good pay, good benefits
Cons: new and growing company, therefore it can be chaotic at times.
HomeServe USA is a GREAT place to work. It’s a small, but growing company that allows tremendous room for growth within the organization. HomeServe has a laid back and friendly environment, and there's always a party to recognize how hard their employees work. Great Senior/Executive management team.
HomeServe USA is a good company with alot of growth potential.
Payroll Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2013
A typical day at HomeServeUSA is very busy. It is a growing company with alot of potential.
Fast Paced
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches every other friday etc
Cons: short breaks
HomeServe USA is an Ok place to work if it weren't for the "Office Politics" one would say it would be a great place to work in.
How many ways can we screw you out of your bonus
Inbound Agent (Former Employee), ChattanoogaMay 10, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers and managers.
Cons: not enough room to list them all.
Fast growing company with too many hands on deck. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Questionable product. Some areas have no contractors available for service.
Great prices and easy payment plans. Very high stress job if you actually care about your customer.
Homeserve USA is a great place to work for their exceptional Customer Service and Employee appreciation.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2013
Homeserve USA is a fun and exciting company. The promise of future growth is tremendous. The culture at this company is one of customer service excellence.
relocating
P&C Insurance agent (Current Employee), Doral, FLApril 21, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: not stable
It was a great company at first but soon they started wanting to relocate and things drastically changed.
High Turnover - Questionable Product - Terrified Clients and Staff
Executive (Former Employee), StamfordSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: competitive benefits
Cons: turnover, executive management, environment, unrealistice market expectations, highly competitive business
High turnover within all levels of the company. Senior executives rule through intimitation, condescention and veiled threats. Senior client facing executive abhors collaboration or any input that hints of a conflict with her agenda. Unfortunately the agenda ignores the needs of the clients and puts client facing employees in repeated no-win situations. – more... Negotiations with utility partners are also conducted in the form of threats. The only reason more clients haven't left is that prior managment negotiated long term contracts. State regulators and customers have also repeatedly called in to question the legitimacy of the products/service and the repudiation (rejection) rate when claims are made by homeowners. If you are considering joining the company, keep in mind that layoffs/terminations are commonplace. The only safe place to work at the company is within the Finance department (only reasonable senior executive is the CFO). – less
Productive and busy place!!
Inbound Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 16, 2012
Pros: bonuses, vacation time, incentives, employee appreciation
Cons: short breaks, parking
A typical day at work would consist of callers wanting to get insurance for their homes, changing policies or cancelling insurance policies. We would have days that are very slow which i would only receive 150 calls for a shift. Then there are days where I would receive up to 250 calls a day. I learned that there are all types of people in the world – more... and you have to learn how to adapt to each situation presented to you. That is the same for the coworkers that you work with. The hardest part of the job was when they decided the company was losing business and I would no longer have a job. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and ending a call knowing the customer was happy with me assisting in fixing the problem. – less
modern fun call center
Repair Management/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2012
I answered incoming calls from customers. I very much enjoyed my co-workers. I'd say the hardest part of the job is customers calling in and as soon as you answer you have a angry customer yelling in your ear, not every call but frequently. What I enjoyed most was being able to help someone in need.
Fast growing company with speed bumps
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2012
Company with great ideas, but unfortunately, it is growing way too fast.
fun
Outbound Sales Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2012
Pros: great incentives
Cons: more structure
high energy
fun environment
always learning
small company that is really growing
great opportunity for promotion

About HOMESERVE USA

For over a decade, we have provided protection for over 1.5 million homeowners in North America from the expense and inconvenience – Read more