Homesite Insurance Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 15, 2017
Everyone is happy to help and friendly. The managers actually care about what's going on and there is an amazing support network in place to help while you're taking calls. There's also free pizza on Fridays.
nice company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 2, 2017
This is company has great support co workers. Very willing to help with work life balance. great bonus! paid training and will also pay to have employee licensed with property and casualty licences.
Not a happy place to work
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2017
If long hours, bad benefits, a pto setup that you need upper management approval to take two weeks off, an ever changing review system, tools to work with that are the cheapest they can get then Homesite is the place for you. Make sure you know Hindi, you are going to need it.
Pros
Free pizza every friday
Cons
See review
Review
Outside Property Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
Great company with awesome people and flexible schedule. The company is constantly growing and the leadership are forward thinkers. Working from home is always a plus.
corporate insurance
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
A few years ago it was a great company work for. A year after it was purchased by a much larger organization it became much to corporate. The company still tries but its not what it was since it lost its independence.
Fantastic Company
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 22, 2017
I don't have anything bad to say about this company! Benefits from day # 1, start earning PTO day # 1, work from home, paid training and licensing. Everyone is very pleasant and seem genuinely concerned about you and your well being!
Overworked and Underpaid
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2017
Expect more than willing to pay
Structure changes frequently
Depending on your TL will depend on your work environment
Work and Life balance is not well maintained
Pros
Free Lunch Fridays and Good Health Care
Cons
Low Salary and High Volume of Claims
Unstable unrealistic and unreal company due to management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2017
Worked here 2 years, drove me and many other to stress that related to anxiety, management is a complete joke and political. I would not recommend anyone that wants to advance in a career to work here, its a good place to learn how to not trust everything you hear and look out for just yourself. don't be fooled by their lies because thats about all they feed you, and going to HR well don't count on it, she is simply there to make sure none of the managers or company get in trouble so she's all one sided and nothing you talk to management or HR about is private, soon enough everyone knows. Just avoid take my experience from working here as a warning.
Pros
Work from home (when they let you)
Cons
Everything else, especially management!
Fast Paced
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 1, 2017
Fast Paced environment, casual attire, camaraderie, learned all about home insurance, and they pay to license you in many states as well as to take the testing.
Its was amazing
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to anyone look for a fun yet challenging place to work. The enviroment is very inviting to anyone.
Homeowner's Insurance Company
Homeowner Insurance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 28, 2016
Awesome place to work. They really care about their employees and go out of there way to make the call center and creative place to work. The pay is competitive and there is always an opportunity to bonus.
Pros
Free lunch, bonuses
Cons
some of the hours and shifts
Great place to work!
Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2016
Homesite Insurance has been able to provide me with a lot of opportunity and advancement. The people are great to work with as well and are always there if you need assistance!
My Experience with Homesite Insurance
Software Engineering developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2016
I did a summer internship at Homesite as a Software Developer Engineer. Working with Homesite was a great experience to me professionally. The company was employer friendly. I gained a lot of technical knowledge working for them. They had every fortnight socials for their employees to socialize.
Potential Employee
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 3, 2016
Went through the interview process in which they asked my current rate and what I would like to make per hour. Was offered the job which I was extremely happy to see the email offer however.. they were offering me nearly $4 less than my current pay at my current job. Just a warning to anyone else applying here.
just starting in the insurance industry
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYSeptember 9, 2016
I just started in the insurance industry. Currently a field employee. I had previously worked in the student loan industry. Looking to get back in an office atmosphere.
Don't do it!!
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 14, 2016
Your day will be filled with angry and dissatisfied customers cursing you out because their adjusters are ignoring them. If by some miracle their claim is paid, it's never enough to complete the work and then as a "thank you" their premiums are increased 1000%!! I've never seen customers treated so poorly!! Ever!!
Pros
Free pizza and salads every Monday. Free hot beverages everyday.
Cons
You will pay $20.00- $35.00 per month to park, at the least, a block and a half away from the building
Fifty /Fifty
Claims Specialist- Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 14, 2016
Some of the training is still the shadowing style but once you obtain your on the job training, it gets better from there.
Pros
Free pizza Mondays
Cons
Cliques... yuck! Watch them
Great Benefits - Stressful
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2016
Great benefits as a field claims adjuster. However, the work load is very stressful. This is typical for adjuster work but I was mislead when hired at the amount of work that would be required.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No advancement
Outside Adjuster finds them very ridiculous and pathetic
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  VariesJune 25, 2016
They want a reserve set right away, which is fine, but once they're told set all reserves aside, swear to God they won't look at photos, the peril, the extent of damage.. And it always seems they don't want to pay.. Worse than all their competitors combined!!! And if they can nit pick, and blame someone else, vs work with anyone (adjuster, restoration company, construction companies, clean up). If it was that bad, I'd understand. But an insured shouldn't have to go thru a loss just to be made out to feel like they're the villain because they had a peril. Way too many insureds complain about this company to ever make me want to have them as my insurance company. And I've seen way too many get screwed.

Don't believe me... Here's a nice article written by a guy who reviews insurance company complaints..

Pros
Still pays descent but not as well as others
Cons
OMG the BS and headaches
Not a bad place to start out at
Licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2016
Management very supportive, provided training and classroom instruction for licensing. Free pizza on Fridays. Chance to work from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homesite Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8