Homesite Insurance Employee Reviews

Great learning experience.
Developer Operational Analyst Intern (Current Employee), MassachusettsJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good social networking opportunities, free lunches, lunch and learns etc.
Worked in a diversified environment. Learnt many things simultaneously like testing, deployment, analysis and research.
Overall, a fantastic place to grow as a professional.
Licensed Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 16, 2015
A typical day at Homesite would be:

-Taking inbound calls
-Providing tailored quotes to prospective clients
-Following up with clients via e-mail
-Closing sales
-Providing customer service
-Working from home
-Meeting monthly sales quotas
Wondering if you will still have a job each and every day
Remote Sales Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: health insurance
Cons: everything else
Probably the worst environment I have ever been apart of. No communication with Management, and they just typically hide and run whenever you need them. I'm surprised they have not yet been shut down by the insurance commission.
Great Work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: short lunch breaks, inconsistency within management
A typical day at work consists of logging into phone & computer system and taking calls.

I have learned about detailed information regarding the insurance industry's inner workings.

Management at the company is unorganized and does not have clear communication across the board.

My co-workers are fun and help to keep the days interesting.

The hardest part of my job is having customers who are honestly having hard ships and there's only so much that can be done within the guidelines to help them.

The most gratifying part of my job is parting with customers, leaving a great impression after helping them.
great benefits, poor management
management (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2015
It is an excellent place to work for a long time, and it's going through a lot of changes right now. In 5 years, it will be the place everyone will be fighting to work for. Right now, lack of communication causes a perception of management not knowing what anyone is doing. The benefits are excellent, and they have a great EAP program, which you will need because you'll feel like you're losing your mind on a daily basis. I've developed a tremendous amount as an individual here, so I emphasize that it isn't a bad place to work. It's just poorly managed right now. If you have patience then by all means, go for it. It's a great place to be and the ideas are excellent. It's rapidly growing and will be around forever.
They make it sound way better than it is.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Downtown AkronFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free coffee and pizza
Cons: everything else
You have to inform people on a daily basis that their premium went up 1000%. They are cold and heartless company with no morals.
Very unprofessional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: starting pay was alright
Cons: very unprofessional, no set hours, bad management
I worked at this job for a total of three months and was very unsatisfied. They were very unprofessional. The General manager came and talked with me personally and said curse words to me. There was no set schedule because on any given day or time you could be deviated. The pay was acceptable, but not for the treatment.
Not a stable company to work for STAY AWAY
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix AZDecember 29, 2014
Cons: see above narrative
Horrible business model. Insurance company trying to be an insurance agency. Cannot do both. Technology is outdated and on the low end compared to competitors. Unfortunately, the customers calling in are on the losing end of this one. Incoming call distribution is rigged and manipulated to give favorite sales agents the good calls. DOI complaints are very common, and privacy breach issues are on the rise to due the company hiring people with no insurance experience. High employee turnover in customer service (50%+). Sales turnover (75%+). I do not see this company being around the long run.
Small and dynamic company
Premium Tax Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 14, 2014
Good benefits with an easy going culture. Absolutely no complaints, and a fun atmosphere.
Productive yet challenging work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 13, 2014
Homesite Insurance was a fun but challenging job. I really enjoyed my time working there and met a bunch of awesome people. I learned to communicate well with different departments, etc.
changed bonus schedule mid month more than once
sales (Former Employee), Akron ohAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free pizza mondays
Cons: poor management and ethics
This company only cares about the bottom line and not the people doing the job. They changed the bonus schedule mid month more than once without reguard to wait until the next month started. Sales are easy to get being that it was inbound. The claims process is slow and not for the client. Long claims process and they don't take care for cients well. Beware if you are a seasoned licences agent. Poor management practices. They advance people that do not deserve it.
sales
Direct Sales Home Insurance (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: pay, bad mgt
very stressful and low pay, if you are a veteran agent stay away
Compensation Bonus changes without notice/ PTO process needs revamping. Impossible to obtain time off in short notice. (literally)
Insurance Sales Representative (Home Sales Agent) (Former Employee), Phoenix AZJune 4, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: compensation plan not great at all // pto scheduling is ridiculous
I was a homes sales agent and working from home had its benefits; No commute, money saved on gas, lunches what not. However, bonus structure was changed three times in one year and not to the benefit of the sales agent. I can understand a company needs to make their money. However, if the sales force is what brings in new policy holders and generating the company revenue Homesite should appreciate and value these professionals more. To give you an example. Agent sold $115,000 in gross premium for one month. His bonus under $900. Their PTO policy is ridiculous. They have you schedule your entire days off/vacation planning December of the previous year. Literally!! Forget if you have a medical emergency during the year for a child or yourself, you will find yourself begging other sales professionals to trade shifts for a day off. Absolutely wrong.. I would not recommend this company as a career choice for sales professionals.
Good company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2014
Pros: traing, good benefits
Cons: long hours
Good company. Heavy focus on training and advancement possibilities.
Productive and fun work place
Recoverable Depreciation Associate (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 24, 2014
Enjoyable and productive company. Dedicated to it's employees.
Great Benefit and people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 13, 2014
Property insurance, now offering pet insurance...great people and fun environment. decent pay with bonus opportunity. Stressful calls and demanding schedule with little flexible.
Management and Systems are lacking
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), BostonFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free pizza on fridays
Cons: management needs revamping
Compliance is unattainable and systems outdated. Management has no claims experience and no understanding of what they are asking for.
Define Micro-Managing
Claims (Current Employee), BostonJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, free pizza, great benefits
Cons: horrible training, micro-managers, unrealistic qa guidelines, high turnover
I've been in claims for over 15 years and this is the worst company I've ever worked for. They frown upon having a family, point out EVERYTHING you do wrong, have a report for EVERYTHING, hardly praise you for breaking your back. They make feel like independent choices are wrong, yet they want you to make your own decisions. They real you in with a great salary... At first.... Then any bonus after than is 1-1.5%, some years nothing. They want you to deny everything. I hate this company, but I'm stuck for the moment. DO NOT APPLY, I warn you.
Outstanding co-workers
Property Claims Team Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work, however work life balance was a little unbalanced.
Insurance with Technical Platform
Senior Software Delivery Analyst (QA/BA/PM) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Managerial Skills:
1. I have good Organizational skills along with technical expertise which would make me successful. In addition, I have a substantial experience of working with technical teams & the business to maintain a good relationship within the teams
2. Keeping on top of projects and making sure all parts get to the finish line at the same time is one thing I do best
3. I have achieved phenomenal results in leading project teams through all stages of typical project lifecycle well within the deadlines. I have the ability to juggle projects and never missed a deadline
4. I’ve learned to – more... budget my time and my assets, and most importantly, I’ve learned to be flexible and to get things done
5. Good communication skills & solid QA experience over a period of seven years makes me the best fit for this position

Domain Experience:
I have 5 years of total experience working in the finance industry. Some of my expertise in the industry are:
1. Commodity Trading
2. Securities Lending
3. Basel II & Basel III Implementation

Insurance Background:
1. Have three years of solid experience working for various different partners like Progressive, Geico, Walmart, Elephant, Esurance
2. Worked on multiple projects relating to SPP, Rating, Property Information, Inspection Models
3. Extensive knowledge using Company’s internal legacy system called Horison, where we hold all the policy holder’s information
4. Used Queplix a claims management system for various projects
5. Worked as a Claims Adjustor in UAT environment for claims processing along with the business
6. Good understanding about nightly batch, mini batch, print nightly cycle etc
7. Tested IVR functionality ( telephone system for call center agents)
8. Trained call center agents for major releases which might include changes in the UI features, functionalities etc
9. Have worked closely with CSG a vendor company where we print all our policy/correspondence documents – less