HomeSmart Employee Reviews

Best DB ever!
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2015
The designated broker is brilliant and wonderful to work with. As a newer Realtor, she is always there to answer questions and assist in any way. HomeSmart has a large network of Agents who are helpful and friendly.
Pros
Supportive employees and agents.
Cons
Must get involved to truly take advantage of all the benefits.
Incentive City
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 22, 2015
Homesmart is the best retailer in the lease to own industry. Their primary focus is serving the needs of their co-workers, community and customers.
Pros
They offer TONS of incentives for top performers, quick promotions if you prove to be skilled.
Cons
Not much work/life balance, the job is very mentally and physically draining.
Great Real Estate Brokerage
Realtor and Member of HomeSmart Elite Group (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2015
Great company to sell real estate and has offices valley wide for agent convenience. You get great brand recognition and industry leading support in todays digital age.
Great company, could have better management
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2015
I loved my job and I loved the company. My co-workers were amazing, but they could have better management. Preferably Managers with management history. They tend to choose favorites and can be very cold.
I really liked the fact that the company was involved with a lot charity events and tried to keep excitement within the corporate office.
Pros
great coworkers, charity events, growing company
Cons
management, no room for growth
Not a great job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 4, 2015
I don't wish this job on enemies. Long days, never a structured schedule or structure for deliveries or customers. Just unprofessional environment in general. Low morale and zero balance for work/personal life.
Pros
Alright pay, free water.
Cons
Too many to list.
Long Term Career
General Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 19, 2015
Rent a Center was a great company to work for. I was with the company for 11 years, but company restructuring reduced salaries, affecting even the most tenured associates. I was not able to afford to stay with the required pay cuts. I went to work for the competition.
Pros
great employee benefits, 401k
High demand workplace
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCFebruary 13, 2015
My job here was a different experience for me, dealt with people from all different walks of life. Got to meet lots of good people and some not so good. The crew I worked with were awesome. Got to drive company truck around, and provided a service to the customers.
Pros
not always stationary, dressed to impress, met new people, decent pay, great crew and environment
Cons
had to call and harass customers at times, heavy lifting, exposed to elements at times, mentally exhausting as well
Job on line every day.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXFebruary 10, 2015
After being employed for one month, your job is on the line. If you do not drive a certain amount of customers into the store, you are subject to termination. As a member of management, associates do not cooperate with direction to increasing store revenue.
Very productive place, excellent work environment. Great benefits outstanding teamwork.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Every morning I would look forward to a day at work. Great atmosphere and there is always something to do. I learned different ways to handle a bad customer as well as making the customers feel understood. Great management and very outgoing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was to move merchandise around because everything else was very simple. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and putting the sales floor together.
Pros
one hour lunch break, business hours, benefits.
Would've liked to continue working for this company, but certain situations got in the way
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 17, 2014
I loved my job at Homesmart working in the accounts department, it was very challenging which I personally find rewarding. The hours were long, but it made up for it in benefits and pay.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Set your own pace type of atmosphere
Real Estate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Work at your own pace - a great deal of system and training courses available.
Realtor
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2014
HomeSmart is a very hands off management style. This style of culture has pushed me to learn more about social media, which seems to be an important factor to get your name in front of people as well as keep it out there for the public to see. I work independently and that provides me with daily challenges and keeps me motivated to learn new areas of social media as it changes and grows.
Pros
the ability to work at your peak level using strong analytical and time management skills.
Cons
at times it is hard to get questions answered, i find myself seeking these answers from several individuals.
fun work place
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  woodstock georgiaSeptember 20, 2014
Sales, sales goal, managing staff, the hardest part was making sales calls
A very productive work environment when every put in effort to complete their positions.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VaSeptember 10, 2014
I love my job because of the sales aspect. I enjoy selling merchandise and putting a smile on customers face when I display excellent customer service skills.
Every Customer was treated different and not always a very honest store with staff nor customers
ACCT (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 28, 2014
Staff was great, Management was very different for me as I like a structure, and here its day by day and not going by how we were trained. Made it for an uncomfortable work environment for myself and other members of my team.
Pros
meeting and working with new people
Cons
how customers were not treated fairly, and the structure was unstable
worst company ever
lead product tech (Former Employee) –  conyers,gaMarch 27, 2014
Management suck
they do not care about there employees
customers dont care about how they talk to you
Very busy business at times
Sales Manager, Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaFebruary 25, 2014
Worked with some good people at this job. Advancement opportunities were limited due to the amount of store locations for this company at this time. Very physical job that tends to keep you in shape.
Pros
day off during the week and the weekend
Cons
sometimes long hours are needed
Easy job
product technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 11, 2014
you go in check you delivery route and stage all the merchandise for the day.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
bad management
was not fum to work at
General Manager (Former Employee) –  opelikaOctober 10, 2013
would not recomned this job for any they do not want to train just want you to learn on your own
Pros
customers
Cons
no breaks hours does not care about family
A totally unorganized, highly unprofessional and dirty store
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 8, 2013
When I interviewed to come to work for this company, the sister company of Aaron's Rent to Own, I was so excited! To be able to be a part of a new, fast growing company, being able to open new stores, hire new employees; to get in on the ground floor ...was beyond anything I could have imagined! I enjoyed traveling around, opening new stores, revamping older ones, and supervising employees hungry to learn more and become the best they could be. Unfortunately I quickly learned that the people in the positions of higher management were involved in illegal and immoral activities, and when I found out and went forward with blowing the whistle, I was set up to fail. I was sexually harassed by another manager, and when I went to our boss, I was immediately suspended WITHOUT pay pending an investigation. I was told I was being suspended because I did not report the sexual harrassment in a timely manner. When I went above her (General Manager) head to not only tell about my being sexually harassed, but the illegal work practices going on in my store, I was accused of "stealing" MY OWN paycheck (for $86), and subsequently fired. Because the two managers (who were in fact having a sexual relationship, AND both married) wrote statements together, a police report was made and I was arrested. I am in the middle of a lengthy court battle to not only prove my innocence, but to ensure justice is served in the sexual harassment suit. I was not supported or stood up for, even though I had hundreds of graphic text messages from the other manager harrassing me! The company is immoral, full of nepotism,  more... and does not treat their employees well at all. I had to find out from the unemployment office that HomeSmart put my reason for termination was "Manager engaged in sexual activity on company property on company time." I was BEYOND furious!!
The bedding that can be lease purchased from HomeSmart is NOT cleaned, and any "dings" in the wood furniture is fixed with a magic marker. The quality of the electronics is 2nd rate and the employees who come to your home to deliver your goods have not had a background check. And the mark up on the merchandise is almost 300%. For example, a hot selling item at Christmas was the Playstation 3. Average Price at area retail stores, $300. At HomeSmart, it was $9.99 a week for 104 weeks. That price (should the customer pay it in its entirety, would be $1,038.96!!!! I wouldn't recommend this store to anyone! Please do not think I am a disgruntled ex employee, as I am grateful for the relationships I forged with the customers and business owners in that area. I am just making sure that community is made aware of what this store is REALLY about!
Pros
the only pro i can name about this company is that it will soon be out of business
Cons
every single thing you can imagine.