HomeSmart Employee Reviews

Homesmart - A great place to work
Residential Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2016
I like Homesmart for many reasons. They are very organized, which in turn helps me to organize the large amount of paperwork. They offer so many other great things to help your business. Lots of templates are available for flyers and sales tools. They have a calendar in which they offer all kinds of classes and even head shots.
productive and fun day at work
Sales and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCSeptember 29, 2016
We took payment, made calls, made sales and maintained files.
Learn the rent to own business model and practices.
Corporate management was very helpful and kept you up to date.
Pros
great opportunity for advancement
Cons
to many bosses.
A Wonderful Company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Working with Advanced Liquid Packaging and providing packaging and industrial equipment solutions to companies around the world has been a fantastic opportunity.
Great Company
Real Estate salesperson, Realtor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2016
Great Company to work for
Good training program
Good reputation
Easy access to leads generated
Professional environment
Team building skills
So much energy, It feels like the first day of work everyday
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 15, 2016
If you enjoy talking with people and selling HomeSmart has a place for you to grow. The Sales department starts early in the morning with a strategy meeting and a good cup of coffee. The goals are set and the phones start ringing. In the meanwhile the accounts department are finding ways to best manage accounts and coach customers to help them acquire ownership. A lot happens at HomeSmart in a day.
Great pay and bonuses
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2016
Great pay and bonuses long hours but the pay and bonus incentives made up for that. The company was sold and bought out by a competitor.
Previous DM was great
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
 Manage the overall sales function of the store – Inside & Outside Sales
 Generate new business by developing and implementing community marketing strategies
 Review and close lease agreements as directed by the General Manager
 Confirm customer identification, collect money and obtain customers’ signature on lease agreements
 Promptly resolve customer concerns
 Monitor and ensure efficient operation of the Quality Assurance Center
 Assist General Manager with product ordering, including planning for future sales and events and stock balancing
Pros
store closed on sunday
Cons
10hr shifts
Its well organized
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 12, 2016
At homesmart it was an well organized productive place. Homesmart was a place filled with smiles and laughter.My co workers played a big roll because everybody would pitch in and help out when they someone needs help. The hardest part of my job was doing delivers upstairs but at the sametime it was funny,we would the devil delivering living rooms upstairs.The most enjoyable part of the job is when the store fisrt open an the fresh scent of coffee starts the day off.
Great place to move up but.....
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 9, 2016
Pay stays the same. Also when I first started, everyone would help with the store. The last 6 months was just the other Product Tech and I pretty much doing the brunt of the work while everyone else sat in the office. Hopefully things change for his sake.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Forced to work after your shift, no overtime, inactive workers, high level of stress
Great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 4, 2016
It's a great place to work for if you love interacting with customers and achieving sales goals. Benefits are great. Corporate Company
management.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  NMApril 30, 2016
company had potential and room to grow and develop within and excellent with customer service. The pressure to succeed was overwhelming.
Pros
great pay
Cons
you lived there.
High turn-over
Paperwork/Closing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 1, 2016
They company itself is amazing, but the management in the corporate office is not up to par. Most of them have no experience in the positions they are in which make for a hard work environment.
Great Career Starter
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 8, 2015
It is a great place to start a career. However, It does not provide a good work/family balance. My one complaint about the company is that it views its employees as assets and they tend to get burnt out.
Best DB ever!
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2015
The designated broker is brilliant and wonderful to work with. As a newer Realtor, she is always there to answer questions and assist in any way. HomeSmart has a large network of Agents who are helpful and friendly.
Pros
Supportive employees and agents.
Cons
Must get involved to truly take advantage of all the benefits.
Great company, could have better management
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2015
I loved my job and I loved the company. My co-workers were amazing, but they could have better management. Preferably Managers with management history. They tend to choose favorites and can be very cold.
I really liked the fact that the company was involved with a lot charity events and tried to keep excitement within the corporate office.
Pros
great coworkers, charity events, growing company
Cons
management, no room for growth
Incentive City
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 22, 2015
Homesmart is the best retailer in the lease to own industry. Their primary focus is serving the needs of their co-workers, community and customers.
Pros
They offer TONS of incentives for top performers, quick promotions if you prove to be skilled.
Cons
Not much work/life balance, the job is very mentally and physically draining.
High demand workplace
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCFebruary 13, 2015
My job here was a different experience for me, dealt with people from all different walks of life. Got to meet lots of good people and some not so good. The crew I worked with were awesome. Got to drive company truck around, and provided a service to the customers.
Pros
not always stationary, dressed to impress, met new people, decent pay, great crew and environment
Cons
had to call and harass customers at times, heavy lifting, exposed to elements at times, mentally exhausting as well
Very productive place, excellent work environment. Great benefits outstanding teamwork.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 27, 2015
Every morning I would look forward to a day at work. Great atmosphere and there is always something to do. I learned different ways to handle a bad customer as well as making the customers feel understood. Great management and very outgoing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was to move merchandise around because everything else was very simple. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and putting the sales floor together.
Pros
One hour lunch break, business hours, benefits.
Realtor
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2014
HomeSmart is a very hands off management style. This style of culture has pushed me to learn more about social media, which seems to be an important factor to get your name in front of people as well as keep it out there for the public to see. I work independently and that provides me with daily challenges and keeps me motivated to learn new areas of social media as it changes and grows.
Pros
The ability to work at your peak level using strong analytical and time management skills.
Cons
At times it is hard to get questions answered, I find myself seeking these answers from several individuals.
Worst job to work for
Product tech (Former Employee) –  Pasadena txMarch 17, 2013
This job stinks. We deliver heavy furniture to an apartment complex on second floor, then a week or two later we have to pick it back up. Management stinks and so do the CSRs and sales manager. Don't ever have correct address on delivery ticket or phone number and we continue to go try to retrieve furniture from someone who manipulates the manager Into thinking she will be home but won't. 10 dollars a hour isn't enough for all the stuff the drivers have to do and put up with.
Pros
paycheck, get to drive, free water
Cons
managers, low stop pay, working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.