HomeStreet Bank

HomeStreet Bank Employer Reviews

Enjoy interactions with customers.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Marysville, WAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the customers
Cons: manager had difficulty in acknowledging and rewarding staff with success
Close to home. Enjoyed staff and customers. Had ability to assist businesses and walk in customer with bank products.
Enjoy helping customers
VP / Team Leader (Former Employee), SeattleJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: very experienced in all sides of cre
Great employees at HS. Worked as a loan officer, underwriter, SAG, asset manager
One of the best Mortgage Lenders that I ever worked for
Mortgage Banker/MLO (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free to develop business leads and good product offerings
Cons: base pay low, splits are not very good here
Good management and training.
Processing is local
Helped borrowers to obtain financing for purchase of a home or to refinance.
Nice people and work environment
Branch Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Overall the experience was rewarding and challenging, which is a trademark in my career.
A great place for mortgage bankers!
Financial System Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: big focus on mortgage lending
Cons: limited geographical reach
A great place for mortgage bankers! An ambitious company looking to expand their reach in the single family lending market.
What I learned
Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great monthly bonus, great salary, lots of different loan programs to learn, which makes you more valuable. great co-workers, decent insurance package.
Cons: required lots of over time, assumption that you will stay and work as late as you need too to get the loan closed, disregarding your personal life.
I left Wells Fargo after 14+ years. I had various jobs at Wells Fargo ranging from customer service, collections, sales and loan processing.
After so many years with the company, the opportunity to grow and move had become quite difficult. The pay was sub-par, so I left and went to work for Homestreet Bank.

Upon arriving last summer, they were in the – more... height of the refinance boom. All of the processors were over loaded with loans that they were trying to get closed. Each processor had a pipeline of about 50+ files. The programs that they were processing were programs that I had not used or processed previously.

I learned so much just in the short time I was there. I was only there 15 months. I learned about the government loan programs, and built very good relationships with our outside sales people. I had previously been processing for Wells Fargo, but wasn't ever given the opportunity to learn various loan programs or given the opportunity to build relationships with the sales people.

However, learning how to process the various programs/loan types we sold was something I had to do on my own. The training was severely lacking. I would ask my manager to help and he would pawn me off on another co-worker who had processed the program before. Or I was directed to the product manual. I self trained myself on many of the programs I was processing.

I REALLY enjoyed working for Homestreet. The people were wonderful, no one, even though we were all very stressed about meeting deadlines, no one was snippy or rude or catty.

The management was fairly decent. They were always willing to listen to any issues or grievances we had.

They recently had a company wide layoff. Sadly I was a part of this layoff. I would have been willing to stay and retire from Homestreet, once I make up my mind to work for a company, as with Wells, it doesn't cross my mind to job hop.

I was very sad about their choice to lay people off. I was told during the interview process that they had never laid anyone off. So I was very shocked and surprised about this company decision.

However, even though they had to lay people off, I would come back again and work for Homestreet if the opportunity presented it's self. I LOVED my co-workers, and I loved my job. It was a very enjoyable job. And everyone was like family. Everyone cared about each other, and took care of each other, including throwing a party for someone who was leaving the company to work someplace else. Who does that!!?

I really love Homestreet Bank. – less