HomeStreet Bank

HomeStreet Bank Employer Reviews

Formerly great place to work
Vice President/CSC Production Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
HomeStreet Bank has changed radically in the past two and a half years. I would no longer recommend anyone to work there, especially in the Single Family Lending Department.
Previously submitted a review
Corporate Communications Specialist - Marketing (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 31, 2014
I previously submitted a review for this vendor and do not wish to submit another one.
Constant Change
Senior Deposit Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 27, 2014
Growing company with changing culture. Began as a Mortgage company and has the desire to diverisfy. However management and systems are providing obstacles to this change.
Not a very nice place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), SeattleMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
People are not friendly. Lack in product knowledge and unhelful
From a three month internship to a 12 year career
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 15, 2014
I came to HomeStreet less than a week after graduating from college with no idea I would stay twelve years. During my time at HomeStreet I had the opportunity to work in and with a variety of departments across the company and I was able to grow from a very entry level loan servicing position to an assistant in the executive office to a Senior Project – more... Manager and Business Analyst. – less
Lays off eople too soon
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 24, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: public company, dont care for people....
I was employed for 6 months at Homestreet as a brand new Mortgage Loan Officer working lead generated sources and within that time they shut down our whole department. I left the great OnPoint Credit union of 5 years to go there and it was the worst mistake I have ever made professionally. THEY DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE EMPLOYEES.
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAApril 17, 2014
I am a current employee and I am only leaving due to my spouse's transfer. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Great work atmosphere
Branch Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great job perks
Cons: job stability
Working at homestreet I knew what my daily routine would be. I'd come into files that loan officers boarded over night and would set up their files. This included checking their title/escrow fees, and fees the borrowers would have to pay. Making sure they took complete loan applications, ordering appraisals, and sending the initial disclosures out to – more... borrowers. I would also assist our processors with completing VOE's and obtaining FHA case numbers. Everyone was very helpful and I worked with a great team of people who made coming into work enjoyable. – less
Enjoy interactions with customers.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Marysville, WAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the customers
Cons: manager had difficulty in acknowledging and rewarding staff with success
Close to home. Enjoyed staff and customers. Had ability to assist businesses and walk in customer with bank products.
Enjoy helping customers
VP / Team Leader (Former Employee), SeattleJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: very experienced in all sides of cre
Great employees at HS. Worked as a loan officer, underwriter, SAG, asset manager
One of the best Mortgage Lenders that I ever worked for
Mortgage Banker/MLO (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free to develop business leads and good product offerings
Cons: base pay low, splits are not very good here
Good management and training.
Processing is local
Helped borrowers to obtain financing for purchase of a home or to refinance.
Nice people and work environment
Branch Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Overall the experience was rewarding and challenging, which is a trademark in my career.
A great place for mortgage bankers!
Financial System Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: big focus on mortgage lending
Cons: limited geographical reach
A great place for mortgage bankers! An ambitious company looking to expand their reach in the single family lending market.
What I learned
Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 2, 2013
Pros: great monthly bonus, great salary, lots of different loan programs to learn, which makes you more valuable. great co-workers, decent insurance package.
Cons: required lots of over time, assumption that you will stay and work as late as you need too to get the loan closed, disregarding your personal life.
I left Wells Fargo after 14+ years. I had various jobs at Wells Fargo ranging from customer service, collections, sales and loan processing.
After so many years with the company, the opportunity to grow and move had become quite difficult. The pay was sub-par, so I left and went to work for Homestreet Bank.

Upon arriving last summer, they were in the – more... height of the refinance boom. All of the processors were over loaded with loans that they were trying to get closed. Each processor had a pipeline of about 50+ files. The programs that they were processing were programs that I had not used or processed previously.

I learned so much just in the short time I was there. I was only there 15 months. I learned about the government loan programs, and built very good relationships with our outside sales people. I had previously been processing for Wells Fargo, but wasn't ever given the opportunity to learn various loan programs or given the opportunity to build relationships with the sales people.

However, learning how to process the various programs/loan types we sold was something I had to do on my own. The training was severely lacking. I would ask my manager to help and he would pawn me off on another co-worker who had processed the program before. Or I was directed to the product manual. I self trained myself on many of the programs I was processing.

I REALLY enjoyed working for Homestreet. The people were wonderful, no one, even though we were all very stressed about meeting deadlines, no one was snippy or rude or catty.

The management was fairly decent. They were always willing to listen to any issues or grievances we had.

They recently had a company wide layoff. Sadly I was a part of this layoff. I would have been willing to stay and retire from Homestreet, once I make up my mind to work for a company, as with Wells, it doesn't cross my mind to job hop.

I was very sad about their choice to lay people off. I was told during the interview process that they had never laid anyone off. So I was very shocked and surprised about this company decision.

However, even though they had to lay people off, I would come back again and work for Homestreet if the opportunity presented it's self. I LOVED my co-workers, and I loved my job. It was a very enjoyable job. And everyone was like family. Everyone cared about each other, and took care of each other, including throwing a party for someone who was leaving the company to work someplace else. Who does that!!?

I really love Homestreet Bank. – less