Hometeam Pest Defense Employee Reviews

Great work inviroment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 15, 2016
Hometeam has a great work inviroment coupled with an attention to detail for its customers. The company prides itself on focusing on employee development and recognition for hard work. My branch repeatedly recognized team and individual success with gifts,cookouts etc!!!
Pros
Reasonable work hours
Cons
Health care was a bit expensive
Great place to make good money ESPECIALLY if you're single & have no dependents
Warranty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 16, 2016
Great company to work for. I would jump on the opportunity if they asked me to come back.

Schedule was fair, pay was fair, benefits fair. Willing to work with you if you're struggling. Training is developmental. Give you MULTIPLE opportunities of advancement AND won't just drop you like a rotten egg if you're having a rough patch in production.
Pros
Pay Hourly + Commission, Benefits, company vehicle with gas & tolls paid for, business trips expenses all paid for
Cons
No significant cons
A good company
CSR/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 16, 2016
It is a good company to work for. I keep very, very busy! I have learned a lot about how the pest control industry works. I learned how to set up accounts. I post tickets and payments to accounts. I work with sales keying in their new client information, and jobs they sold. The coworkers are decent. Some frustration does arise. I do enjoy the management. I would enjoy a job closer to home with a minor adjustment to my schedule.
4.5
GeneralManager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 8, 2016
check in with staff, check e-mails, meet with dept heads, check in with regional staff if necessary, review metrics, seek to understand opportunities and offer coaching, share and celebrate wins. Hiring right now is my biggest challenge due to growth from an acquisition
Pros
spending time with team and customers
Cons
when we have let a customer down or a team member does not feel supported
HomeTeam was a very good place to work and they provided the means to advance within the company if an employee so desired.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Good work environment with potential to move up in the company structure. Good product training and management program.

The work day consisted of managing your territory and daily activities to achieve the weekly sales goals and monthly goals as well.

The environment practiced great teamwork between management, sales team and service to satisfy the customers.

The hardest part on a daily basis was the ability to be able to cold call on potential customers and sell the new service. If a sales person was not comfortable doing this it made the job that much more difficult.
Good place to work to start in industry.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2016
Scheduling for technicians is Aweful and more of an emphasis on work over life and family.
Service supervisor and above very good and Charlotte branch very good.
Benefits
Cons
Not good work/life balance, owned by Rollins/Orkin
Fun working, family oriented enviroment
Sales Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Management here was excellent, treated you with the up most respect, believed you got your work done but then was able to also lighten up and have some fun. Good family and teamwork environment. There where times things could get very busy and sometimes stressful but we all worked together to get the job done.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
The pay was not as much as I would have liked, also raises where lower then what I'm use to.
Unhappy work enviroment
Outside Warranty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2016
Great coworkers but horrible management and pay. Crazy work hours in summer. They don't take criticism well. Some times get free lunch. Monitor company car way to much
Productive and Fun workplace with great team atmosphere
BULDER AR & CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESETATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 11, 2015
My typical day included managing builder email, fulfilling builder requests for government documents, invoicing builder accounts, processing builder checks, answering and assisting builder calls throughout the day.
I improved on my time management, and general computer skills.
Great management team that cultivated a productive yet fun work environment.
I worked with a great team where we could count on one another and we had each others backs.
Staying on top of AR, if the builders were not billed in a timely manner the AR could easily get out of hand.
The people I worked with and receiving recognition for hard work.
Pros
Great People to work with.
Cons
Could have had better benifits
Fast Pace Enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 6, 2014
Scheduled pest treatment services using corporation Route Point software, answered up to 100 calls per day.
Sold services including, renewals, and pre-treatment, baiting and traditional pest control packages.
Resolved invoice and accounting problems for customers.
Collected and reconciled payments, prepared bank deposits for store manager.
Prepared collection letters and conducted call backs for accounts with balances over 30 days.
Completed daily and weekly store reports for management.
Pros
Learning about the Pest Control Business
Cons
No advancing
started positive
Service manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido Ca.August 14, 2014
Hired with Home Team as a service manager at their Escondido branch. Had a great team with the Branch mngr, Sales mngr, Office mngr., and myself. I helped bring back moral to the office and our great crew. Route completion jumped up between 97 and 98 percent. Everthing was coming together great until I had to take a little time off for heart surgery. That's when the HR dept showed their tru colors, they sent the branch manager to my house to give me the news that I was being let go. I couldn't fight it cs I haven't been there a full 12 mnths yet. How can you do that to an employee who brought nothing but positive changes and mutual respect to the company.
Sales Mager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-SalemJune 25, 2014
Work with sales staff, do interviews and hiring, run daily department operations. Chair sales meetings and do all in house training.
Do performance reviews. Complete daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.

i found myself always fighting with management to get things done.

i enjoyed working with a great team of employees what had a heart and desire to be successful and win in business and their personal lives.
Pros
Working with my Sales team
Cons
Getting management to get the things we requseted to complete our jobs
Friendly, Family enviroment
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2014
• Continuing to assist external service customers with their pest control needs. Scheduling monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly services and organizing service technician’s daily route.
• Ensuring customer’s requests are addressed and meeting their expectations with high customer service skills.
• Offering assistance to internal co-workers with leadership and attention to concerns and inquires in sales, customer service and route management.
• Assisting and maintaining the Admin department functioning effectively by directing two (6) additional staff members, guiding and accomplishing productivity and time management to ensure completion of work assignments.
Great!! really enjoyed working there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 7, 2014
This company strives to give customers above and beyond, the technicians take pride and ownership. Although management tends to get to personal with some co-workers overall the company meets and maintains high standards for both employees and customer.
I really enjoyed playing a part on collecting monies due. My biggest disappointment is the lack of cross training that made it hard specially coming back or leaving for vacations.
Pros
CSR week in October
Cons
Health care, lack of cross training
Productive and relaxed enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMay 18, 2013
Handled 70 to 80 calls a day in a call center from customers regarding their account or services they were receiving. Processed payments by phone.
I learned all aspects of the pest control business to which I very much enjoyed and miss very much.
All of my co-workers and myself always got along. I was very much hands on when needed to assist them with any questions or help needed.
In the beginning learning which service technician serviced which area as it changed quite often.
Enjoyable part of my job was working with great people and being of service to the customers.
Un-Organized but Potential to Be Better
CSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2012
Maintain, scheduled, and confirmed technician’s daily routes. Maintain bookkeeping of all accounts. Make quality assurance calls for technicians services. Return all voicemails, mail invoices and check mail/e-mail. Post, print, and distribute technicians work. Update accounts and provide reports and spreadsheets for payment records. Provided daily deposit and post of payments. Create, file and organize customer contracts. Enter all sales and service follow ups. Provide exceptional customer service and integrity. Answer the telephone and represented the company in a professional and business-like manner within first two rings.
Pros
great hours, love co-workers, location.
Cons
management, no oppurtunity for advancement, lack of training and team work.pay.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TxJune 16, 2015
• Customer Service calls internal and external
• Respond to emails
• Submit timesheets for admin department with accurate hours
• Data-entry in builder and residential
• Accounts receivable and collections
• Account adjustments and resolutions
• Builder accounts receivable and scheduling
• Communicate with all managers, technicians, and admin department in a professional manner
• Residential scheduling and billing
• Inbound and outbound calls
• Termite filing and creating certificates for builders
• Supervise admin department to ensure operations and procedures are running effectively
• Print and put work together for technicians the following day
• Verify deposit and payment register
• Process reports and correct any discrepancies in system
• Create a positive and motivational environment for all employees
• Maintain office equipment and supplies
• Assist with other projects and duties if needed
Pros
same as previous
Cons
same as previous
Dependable work
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  HAGERSTOWN ,MDMarch 10, 2015
Duties included:
General Pest control including but not limited to: Rodent, insect and Termite
Development of my own sales route.
Care of mixing and proper disposing of hazardous materials such as: Pesticides and toxic baits.
Care and proper maintenance of company truck, and B&G spray equipment.
CSR'S and some sales people fun to work with-
Inside/outside sales (Former Employee) –  San AntonioDecember 18, 2014
When I was initially interviewed this company posted a false amount on compensation- when asked the Sales Mgr about ad he denied ad said the amount I stated.

Took job anyway to have income, then found out they disperse data information selectively to certain sales people>discriminate. Because other Branches in Texas I had found out disperse data (leads) to all sales people. This certain branch did this because they had 1 certain salesperson that threatened to quit so they are scared.

They carry the "MANTRA" integrity sales but from Sales Mgr down to certain sales people including top sales person-they lie to customers.

I enjoyed working with certain people there, BUT this is just another prime example of a certain branch in a corporation that backstabs to climb the ladder-with very serious H.R. ISSUES!
Pros
fun at times
Cons
deceiving
worst place to work for ever
office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio texasMarch 1, 2015
I worked for this company for about 2 or 3 weeks threw a temp company with agreement of possible hire in three months . a woman who previously worked there for 3 years who had quite a year before wanted her job back so they let me go to rehire her do not work for this company they are all backstabbers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hometeam Pest Defense. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9