Hometown America Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Compliance
Lending/Sales Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
I was given the opportunity to learn that I enjoyed auditing sales and loan files to ensure that they were in compliance. The workplace culture was work hard and take time off once in a while to take the team to a Cub's game outing.
a very good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 5, 2017
the residents are very funny and its a great place to work. the employees and managers are like a big family, great comradery very good benefits also.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Full time assistant community manager
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 27, 2017
Nicely kept, senior resident community. Enjoyed resident relations and daily operations of several new properties. Convenient and close to home. Assisted in sales within the community
Pros
No weekends
Good Company
Senior Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMarch 6, 2017
This is a great company depending on which region of the company you work and the Regional Manager your work for. In the first region that I worked in, the culture was amazing. They treated you with respect and made you feel that they supported you even though Upper Management was hundreds of miles away. The second region that I worked for was the opposite. The culture felt strained and very rigid. The Regional Manager was not supportive and the corporate staff for the Region was not as knowledgeable at the other. It did not feel like you had a support system when all of the support staff were relatively local. Upper Managements loyalty differs from region to region as well. The pay was excellent and they pushed you to grow professionally. They put an adequate amount of funds into capital improvements. They cared about their residents to an extent. The bottom line was their driving force.
Job requires to work outside and you do a wide range of different tasks and learn a lot
Maintenance Worker and Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Columbus Township MichiganFebruary 5, 2017
you got to learn how to fix things on the spot and be able to improvise and adapt and be willing to do certain tasks that most people wouldn't
Pros
good hours and schedule
Cons
physically hard work and poor conditions
fun interactive residents
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLAugust 9, 2016
Cleaning the bathrooms, gym, clubhouse, and the rental properties that are owned by the company. I've learned that cleaning newly built manufactured home entails of a lot more then just your basic clean up. You have to do a top to bottom thorough clean in every corner of every point in the house. I would check in with my boss to see if there was anything else that was needed of me to do other than my basic duties. I worked by myself but had lunch with my co-workers.
Pros
i worked by myself
Cons
had to travel on the golf carts when it was cold outside
Great company to work for until removal of sales by managers
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 28, 2016
I liked working for Hometown America until changes were made and they hired dedicated sales people thereby taking the opportunity for commissions and the assurance each prospect were treated honestly during the sale.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Too many Cheifs and not enough Indians (Micro-management)
Great workplace with nice employees.
Maintenance/ trash truck operator (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEMay 16, 2016
This was a great job for me. I enjoyed the job and being outside. i enjoyed the physical part of the job. I only stopped to better myself and go to rehab.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Trash stinks
Good Company
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2015
They are constantly doing training and having seminars to help improve your management and sales skills. They have an annual awards ceremony that is a lot of fun and informative when I worked for them it was week long event.
Worked independently doing general office duties.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CASeptember 21, 2015
Hometown America was in the process of a changing ownership of the property. The regional manager needed someone locally to maintain the office until a new manager was hired. My time there was very productive and rewarding.
Fantastic company to work for
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 8, 2015
This is an amazing company that stands by their residents and employees. I uphold respect for their vision and success.
Hometown America was a nice place to work
Homes Sales / Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMarch 17, 2015
In April 2009, the entire SE Division of the Sales department was eliminated. I would have liked to have continued working with Hometown America
Pros
Great Upper Management, Great Benifits
Cons
Closed down the sales division
terrible
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  CONCORD, CAJanuary 5, 2015
No management there terrible they look blind no advancement nothihng no raises!!!!!
Landmark Naples Maintains Community -Provides many amenities for a 55+ lifestyle with a great location
Sales Consultant - Customer Service Positions (Former Employee) –  HTA-Landmark Naples -Naples, Fl. 34110April 13, 2014
I have worked as the only in-house Sales Consultant within the communities I have served. For 7 1/2 years, I have worked to support a three-person operation and sales office at Landmark Naples in N Naples.
I am a professional that works to, in partnership with on site Management, to be the best team we can be. I have worked off the owner of the Community License. I am knowledgeable about the Manufactured Home Community business. I. Additionally, I help organize required documentation such as Approval for Residency Applications.

Finding the right home purchase for the buyer and making their dream of having a home here in Southwest Florida a reality.
Pros
Working to help buyers fulfil their dreams with straight forward understanding of their purchase
Cons
Dealing with Regional Managers and above that are narrow minded about our overwhelmed postions.
Hometown America cared for their Residents.
Property Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 12, 2012
I enjoyed working for Hometown America. It was challenging and constantly improving methods related to daily duties. Hometown rewarded employees for jobs well done and acknowledged hard workers.
Pros
insurance, communication with upper management, availability of advisors.
Cons
our community was sold.
Good company to work for
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2012
Good company good people to work for people were nice. Office closed no longer in the Fort Worth area.
Pros
supportive environment
I worked this job to help the community manager until finding a permanant person.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeo, MIMay 16, 2012
I did general office duties, including collection of lot rents, bill paying, scheduling the clubhouse activities for the residents and keeping the interior and exterior clean and presentable for the residents and customers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay