Hometown Health Centers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady NYNovember 6, 2014
As a new nurse, working at Hometown Healh Center was a great opportunity. I learned a lot while there. The other nurses were very helpful and worked well as a team. It was more of a Doctor's office, so you get to learn to do everything/ testing, etc. I loved being in the pediatrics department, professional staff. It could get hectic at times but that's mostly when understaffed. Management/supervisor was helpful and had an open door policy. There was always room to learn and do more and that's what I appreciated about HHC.
Avery productive workplace
Medical Biller I (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 18, 2012
A typical day processing claims answering billing calls posting patient payments. The staff was vey close and motivated.
Work days
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  1044 State Street, Schenectady NY 12304November 2, 2012
As the only Administrative Assistant in the whole building I supported everyone including Medical, Dental and Administrative. Thus my day was very busy. My type of day would be arrive read emails, respond, check out the days calendar get meeting material for either CEO or Medical Director ready. Ensure meeting rooms were open and ready for meetings. Call caterers for meetings if lunch or breakfast was required. Check to see if mail was in, if so open all, sort and day stamp and deliver to mail boxes. Any check which came in I had to create a ledger and record the check and check number and send info to CEO and CFO. Medical mail would need to be delivered asap. When meetings were scheduled I would need to attend and take minutes. Sometimes I would be at 2 to 3 meetings in one day.
I was also responsible for keeping all meeting minutes in a binders. I was also responsible for ording provider prescription pads, toner inventory and office supplies for Medical and Administration departments. I was responsible for all corporate records which would be scanned recorded and filed. Days at HHC were interesting, sometimes I would have to answer the operator phones when billing were in meetings because they also answered phones. If registration was short handed I would go and assist them. I did alot of creating medical forms and copying and distribution of these forms. I also chaired the employees event committee which was also responsible in having yearly Healthfest in August which is a huge project.

The hardest part of the job was the pace. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked
  more... with because they were very committed in the caring of the underserved and poor as was I.

I learned so much I don't know where to begin! We transfered from paper to electronic records which was a harrowing experence!

Management was fair, and then sometimes not, but they are very good at what they do.
Pros
free lunches from vendors
Cons
no time for breaks or sometimes no lunches. wage freezes.