Hometown Health Employee Reviews in United States

Financial Analyst Work Day
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 4, 2016
My work days would normally consist of running various reports (monthly & ad hoc) for different departments within the company. I would also be responsible for analyzing any data that may seem out of the norm and report it to the different department leaders (Managers, Directors, VP, etc.)
Co workers were nice and friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and meeting new people. Management was good to work for. Good communication throughout the building. Patients were good and friendly.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work is to answer phones and quote benefits. there are times when upset members call in and demand an answer about an unpaid claim, etc. My job is to find an explanation within 24-48 business hours. When quoting benefits I have to try my best to be accurate. Misquoting does not look good on me. My coworkers are all very friend and helpful. The hardest part of my job is --- was in the beginning because insurance was so confusing. But now that I have been here for about 2 years everything is much easier. I still have to adapt to new things everyday-- but its much easier to catch on now that I understand insurance. The most enjoyable part is to help those in need. Sometimes, claims may process incorrectly/by error and when the member or providers hear this it makes them happy that I can take care of it and that a payment should be on its way.
Pros
great coworkers
A great place to work and learn.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 8, 2014
A typical day was to review claims and code them where necessary. Search for missing information to complete "dirty" claims for reimbursement within designated time frame. Management was great and always available to help find resources needed to process claims. Co-workers were in general very helpful and cooperative. The hardest part of job was sometimes the gathering of information from outside sources and most enjoyable was to complete this task.
benefits
Cons
none to speak of
summary of hometown health
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work is entering data usually its members that are admitted to a hospital. I have learned to be a more independent but still be a team player with hometown.
Pros
free shirts once a year
Cons
stressfull position
professional
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNApril 3, 2013
learning how to care for a sick patient. it was my uncle in law that I had to take care of so it was a little more important than other jobs
A loving and family-like atomsphere
Certified Nurses' Assistant and Meals on Wheels (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work was when all the CNAs met at the office. The CNAs would divide the list of patients that day and each would go to patients' homes. We would take the patients' vitals document and call the office if we noticed anything unusual with vitals, skin, or patients reactions, such as dizziness, ect...The patient would be showered or given bed bath, shaved, hair groomed, teeth brushed, applied lotion, and dressed. Changed sheets and remade the beds. We would spend one hour per patient and move to the next home. Sometimes patient needed arm or leg exercises or just walking with assist exercises. If we had a patient that was a fall risk, we went in twos . I loved working with my co- workers. We were all loving and compassionate about are patients. We even prayed with patients if they wanted before we left. The hardest thing about my job was we worked with poor mountian patients. To see them without food, shoes taped, and clothing worn was sometimes hard. We would take food, shoes, and clothing when we could, and mostly showered them with kindness and love. I learned how to put artificial limbs on patients, to bathe someone with a tracheotomy, and time management mixed with travel. I also worked with different personalities of both patients and employees - not all good or bad. I also learned how to deal with hospice patients and the care required for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of each patient when you finished your job with them. The hardest part was witnessing the suffering of poor mountain people in East Tennessee have to face on  more... a daily basis. I enjoyed my time with Home Town Health.  less
Pros
patients, friendships
Cons
travel throughout region

4.6