Hometown Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 4, 2017
This is a good company to work for. I've been employed here several years and I enjoy every day I am here. Management is very helpful and accommodating. The flexibility in my schedule and the fact that no two days are the same are among my favorite aspects of the job. This is a great place to work!
Former employee
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City/Owasso, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Typical day you start really early in the am and work till dark charting. No pay for charting time. Long drives to see patients over 89miles one way. My "normal " miles was around 1k weekly. No comp. for wear and tear on personal car Company wanted to give gas card for fuel only.

This company has horrible management. High level of stress from case managers. Over worked staff.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, High priced benefits, etc..
Treats employees very poorly with no respect for their time.
Patient advocate (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJuly 6, 2016
In 25 plus years I've never come across a more disfunctional company. The employees are treated with total disrespect and management has terrible communication with staff. Unrealistic expectations of employees private time and no trust what so ever with employees continually under a microscope. A terrible, terrible place to work :(
Pros
Rewarding population to serve
Cons
Private time is not respected, tracked and treated as if staff are thieves, a contract which attempts to trap employees from leaving, terrible communication from management
great group of people all with the same heart, caring for people and families
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 4, 2016
easy to balance work and home, always someone to help when crisis arise. very much a team orientated company caring for the staff as well as patients.
Flexible self scheduling
RN Case Manager Hospice (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2015
I was never fully oriented on electronic documentation, therefore not fully compensated for travel and "points". However, the communication was so poor from management, they never informed me that I was doing things incorrectly. I was also terminated for no documented reason. Management stated that I was "not a good fit for the team".
Pros
self scheduling and time management
Cons
poor communication
Very professional work environment
Work as a PRN (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Thoroughly enjoy working for this company and the way they treat all of their employees including the PRN therapists. The scheduler is willing to work with different jobs that I currently have and are willing to work around this. The OT's that are affiliated with this position are all wonderful and a joy to work with.
A great group to work with
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJuly 22, 2013
I work with a very good team of caring professionals. The company is very focused on the needs of it's clients, and this engenders a very "can do" attitude in those who serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hometown Home Health & Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5