HomeTown Lenders Employee Reviews

Hometown Lenders is an excellent company to work for.
Branch Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazel Green, ALMarch 9, 2012
Hometown Lenders is a GREAT place to work. As an employee, you are treated with respect and immediately accepted as part of the Hometown family. This company is ahead of the curve on the latest technology and is always working hard to make our working lives more efficient which benefits both the employees and the customers. Hometown Lenders promotes a family atmosphere which entails helping you balance your family and work lives. I would highly recommend anyone to join our family!
Small town
Conventional Home Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2012
Small town. Nice people. Take a straight salary not what could be your salsry based upon any commission they might work into the plan.
Absolutely great company if you fail the test or are friends with the boss
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 13, 2015
In just a few words: Terrible. Unprofessional. Unorganized. Favoritism.

Here's the secret: Fail your origination test three times and get hired on as a full-time employee making 45,000+/year doing absolutely nothing. The management will promise you leads and business as long as you take and pass the origination exam on your own. You will spend 1-2 months preparing for the exam, and when you pass it, they will stick you at a desk with nothing to do. They will toss old call sheets your way with the names and numbers of people who called in several years ago, but they will not give you new business.

Nobody at HTL working commission-only from the beginning will last more than a few months, if that. Steer clear from this company and do NOT believe anything they are saying. Remember: you're dealing with people who have been in sales for years: YOU ARE BEING PITCHED.
Pros
It is fun to hear the seasoned employees complain about how miserable they are
Cons
Everything else
Smart career move with growth opportunities for advancement
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaFebruary 10, 2013
Been working for HomeTown Lenders for a while now and have to say it has been the best career decision I've made so far.I have worked for other mortgage companies and none have compared to the hands on support I received from management. They reward success and provide the training necessary to be successful in today's dynamic mortgage industry. If you are a hard worker, serious about taking your career to the next level and like working in a fun team environment, I would look into working with them.
Great people in Franklin Office
Processing/Pipeline Manager/Originator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 15, 2013
My typical day consisted of meeting with clients, working on getting conditions and other necessary documentation needed for processing and underwriting once loan approval had been obtained and reviewed. Management responsibilities included reviewing originator pipelines, processor pipelines, as well as training and assisting processing and originating. The most difficult part of the job varied from day to day, but the part I dislike the most is if a client is turned down and we cannot improve their financial outlook with a home purchase or refinance. The most enjoyable part of the job is always a smiling client at closing.
Pros
Great Marketing
Cons
Operations
Proactive Company, Top Pay Structures, Great Work Enviroment & People,
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga TNMarch 9, 2012
Hometown Lenders has been fantastic mortgage company to work for. It is a Mid-Sized company that is growing quickly, which provides alot of opportunity to personally step up to the next level. If you are a go-getter Hometown Lenders will embrace you with open arms. Their Lender/Broker platform allows you to get the best Home Loans for clients in every possible situation. It also keeps Hometown flexible and 1 step ahead in the ever changing mortgage enviroment.
Pros
pays better than the banks and finance companies
Cons
current locations limited to the southeast
The best career move I ever made!!
VP of Branch Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 9, 2012
Words cannot describe the Hometown difference from other Companies that I have been with. The entire Staff from the Receptionist to the Executive level second to none and I would suggest for any professional in the Mortgage Industry to become part of this winning team!!! This will be the last move you ever make!!
Pros
family christian organization!!
Cons
nothing at all!!
Great Atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 17, 2014
Great learning experience with good management and co workers.
nothing to say
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALFebruary 5, 2015
nothing to say, corporate is ok to work with I worked at a branch and didn't have the tools I needed to succeed I even used my own laptop for the past year
Fun and laid back management for a relaxing work environment.
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2013
• Collected Financial Information for Loan Officers and analyzed income
• Took mortgage applications from customers
• Post-closing maintenance on loans
did not care for management
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2012
This is bad company to work for and i found this out and I did not stay that long here
Pros
not good
Cons
not good
Fun work place with awesome people !!!
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Hazel Green ALMarch 9, 2012
This is one of the best companys i have worked for yet ! all my co workers are great! money is good couldnt ask for anything more!