Hometown Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Great team to work for!
MA/PCC (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 5, 2017
Milford location has a great team. Everyone works together to make sure jobs are done at a timely manner, helping each other out as much as possible. All team members are friendly and have a fun sense of humor which is great to have in a work place. Great place to work overall.
Pros
Flexable with PTO request, staff that is understanding to "life happens."
Cons
No breaks, unless pt flow is slow.
on one emergency at the clinic
Medical Assistant(RMA) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
there was an emergency at the clinic in the middle of a busy day with so many patient at the waiting room, a man with an infectious wound walk in with blood .
Awesome!
PCC/MA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for! Every company has people who will bring the company down, but I love the people I work for and my managers are awesome! They listen to what you are saying instead of just blowing you off. I love the work schedule here and my work family!
Pros
Caring management and awesome co-workers!
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Wonderful Place To Work!
Provider (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable aspects of my job are (in no particular order) my team, the flow of work and my lovely patients, the environment I work in, and not knowing who or what will come in through the doors.
Pros
Lovely Coworkers, Quick Pace, Wonderful Environment
Cons
Eat When You Can
Clean and enjoyable work environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 18, 2017
I absolutely love working for Hometown Urgent Care. I would recommend this as a job to anyone. The management in Columbus is extremely impressive compared to other jobs. If they feel you are doing an awesome job, there is usually a reward such as lunch or coffee. Working with my coworkers is an enjoyable part of the day. We have an awesome team and support group. If there are questions there is always someone to answer it, such as another location or corporate. Some days can be more stressful than others when you have a good number of patients walk in, but what is nice is the next day is a NEW day and a NEW start.
Pros
working in a cohesive team, pay
Fun and Trusting Company to work for!
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2017
Love working with my team in Cincinnati!

Everyone at our corporate office is positive, friendly and responsive. Which - as a manager who has a clinical team to support (consisting of Providers, PCCs, MAs, and RTs) - having that kind of support makes a world of difference in the role of "manager"!

Favorite part of my job is engaging with my staff, encouraging them, empowering them, and effectively bringing change to the organization as we trial different programs, vendors, and services to the company.

It's nice having a position where I can be creative in what I do, to better benefit my staff, and our patients!
Worst place I have ever worked
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
There was no training and the office manager played favorites. He even watched workers play video games on their cell phones and talked about the characters they were. Instead of getting my training or work getting done, co-workers were either on their cell phones or computers.
Even Human Resources was a joke. This whole company is a joke.Best advice is DONT work for them !!!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
High volume layed back place to work.
Workers' Compensation case management supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2017
Self managed very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients and providers to provide the best experience possible.
Pros
No strict dress code.
Cons
Poor communication between upper managment and staff.
Challanging but fun work envirinment
RT/MA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2017
I liked my job very much and am grateful for everything I learned. Training employees properly is a huge problem. People cannot be expected to figure it out on the job without guidance. This is why things are done differently at each site.
Cons
disciplinary practices are skewed, unfair
Very Unprofessional
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 21, 2017
Hometown Urgent Care is one of the most unprofession al companies that I have ever worked for. Both management and co-workers are
deceitful and seem to have nothing better to do at work than to gossip about the other employees that worked for the company. If I wanted this kind of drama I would have stayed in grade school!!
Cons
Horrible pay, constant drama, and no managerial support.
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 3, 2017
This is the absolute worst place to work. There's very little training, the pay sucks, and all the people do is talk bad about each other. Wouldn't recommend to someone I hate!
Pcc
PCC/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, OHNovember 12, 2016
PA was rude, office was dirty, management didn't communicate. I would t recommended this employer to my X.
Sneaky, lies and cover ups
Pros
A job
Cons
No breaks, no communication
great place
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2016
very clean environment doctors are knowledge and the cost is reasonable you can get x-rays physicals and get treated for the common cold and they except insurance and self pay
Enjoy working here
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 5, 2016
I have worked here part time for 1 1/2 years. It really is a great place to work. It can get busy at times but there is great teamwork and everyone helps out as needed. Staff is very friendly and caring.
Pros
Great work environment, lot of autonomy for PAs, caring management
Cons
Very busy at times
Love the job, but other issues
Administrative/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 8, 2016
I get to do what I love, talk to people all day, encourage them to be healthier by assisting in medical issues and/or nutritional issues. I adore my coworkers, manager, and boss....
Don't do it! Very unprofessional manager and work environment ...this place is a revolving door!
PCC/MA (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMay 15, 2016
Don't waste your time! Very unprofessional manager and staff! High school like environment with a constant revolving door. You will be promised the world but never see it. Nothing but lies and mistakes take place here!
Very awesome job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 23, 2015
The only issue i had working here was some of the management not all management just some. I loved working with my co workers. i loved helping others and being able to go above and beyond
non-trusting
RT/MA (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYOctober 13, 2014
I asked many times if there was going to be a laid, Manager always told me no. I said I needed to know, because I had a hospital that called and offered me the job. He promised there would be no lay offs. Less than 6 weeks later I was laid off.
Productive and fast paced setting and great employees.
Medical Assistant-pcc (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 1, 2014
Register patients checking in at the window and assessing them to be seen in a timely manner. Check eligibility and verify coverage of insurance. Then I will collect the copay if they have one. Scan the insurance and documents to their chart. Upon checking out the patient is given a summary of their visit.

If needed I check in the back and will help where needed to keep the patient flow moving in the back. Drug screens, injections, vitals, or anything needed.
Pros
Flexibility to make your own schedule.
Cons
Not much down time.
hometown
Externship (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHApril 14, 2014
Great place to do externship. Nice people ensure customer satisfaction skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hometown Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.