Hometown Urgent Care

Hometown Urgent Care Employer Reviews

Not sure of Company
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 13, 2014
The company has changed in the little amount of time there from employees to the high end employees.
Fun place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: working with great people.
Everyone here is upbeat and very friendly. All programs are easy and explainable.
Current Position
Medical Assistant Externship/Hired Full Time (Current Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 2, 2013
I arrive to work 20 minutes early, clock in, and prepare for the work day. There are only 3 of us in the office per day. A physician, and another Medical Assistant accompanies me. Once a patient comes in we have them do the appropriate paper work. Then I get them put into DocuTap (EMR) verify the insurance and collect any co payment that may be due – more... at the time of service. The other Medical Assistant and I rotate between the front administration work and clinical. Once a patient is ready in the computer I bring them back, check weight and height and put them into a room. Go in, introduce myself and begin the Chief Complaint, Past Medical History, Medications, Allergies, Surgeries and Procedures, ect. After all that is filled in we begin Vitals. Once everything is complete I instruct the patient that the doctor will be in shortly. Once the physician has gone in and evaluated I assist them with and medication administration, testings (rapid strep, UA, I&D, ect)

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be either seeing the patient leave happy that they are or will be on the road to recovery or feeling better. Or receiving a call stating that they are doing a lot better and thanking us for our services. Besides I got into health care for a reason, and that is to help others, I am also very fascinated with the human body.

I am a very hard and dedicated worker. I am always looking to excel, and help the company in any way that I can. – less
nice place to work not easy to advance
Medical Assistant/pcc (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2013
a typical day here is usually ok i just would like to do more.
The patients are great and so are the doctors.
Management could be a lot better
a good place to work at while you are in school
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 5, 2013
Pros: hours of operation
Cons: short staff
i find this job very easy
everyday i come in 15 minutes befor scheduled time to clock in or your later,get office ready for patients to come in and get treated
Formerly family owned business that treated their employees as family.
Billing Mgr Asst, A/R, Med Recs (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJune 22, 2013
Pros: overall work experience
Cons: when the company was bought and positions eliminated.
The entire staff and management at HTUC was a working force that strived everyday to offer the highest quality in patient care, before, during and after the visit.
In the billing office, I was privileged to experience all aspects of the medical billing world.
The entire billing team worked as one unit to ensure patient claims were billed and paid.
Great place to gain experience in the healthcare industry
Lead MA and Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Covington, KYJune 7, 2013
Pros: making my own schedule
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Great place to gain experience as a Rad Tech but very little chances for advancement within the company. I learned that management often did not have healthcare background which made it difficult when there were issues. Worked with some great people and doctors. The hardest part about my job was having to run the front desk when I was not doing Xrays – more... for assisting the doctor. The most enjoyable part about my job was working with some great people and being able to make my own schedule. – less
Horrible place to work
MA (Former Employee), OhioApril 23, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: don't provide you with scheduled breaks but takes them out of your paychecks anyways, dirty offices
Poorly managed, dirty facilities, hire you to work full time and then not schedule you hours. You do the work of three people and when you can't take your lunch break-they are nice enough to go through and edit your pay and take the 1/2 hour any way. They don't care about their employees.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Manager (Former Employee), HometownApril 18, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everthing
This has to be the WORST place to work!!! Complete joke!! Don't waste your time. The clinics are dirty, and management doesn't care about anything but rushing patients in and out.
No time off
Medical AssistantRT (Former Employee), MichiganApril 9, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: insurance, never getting to use pto, no coverage
I liked the employees I worked with, the management was horrible, never had coverage to take a day off, always gave excuses of why
Very Friendly and Homely in feel
Extern Student (Former Employee), Troy, OHMarch 13, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: n/a
They provided me a very good experience and i was able to learn very well in their environment. Patients could feel at home and feel as though they were being heard and not ignored. It was a very well organized organization and i loved every minute of my experience with them.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Radiologic Technologist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2012
The trainers are amazing! I have learned the skills I need to become a successful MA.
Horrible place to work
MA (Former Employee), ohioSeptember 19, 2012
This the worst place to work. Wish I could give it no stars!!!!
Productive and fun place to work with great people
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 23, 2012
I would go in and meet my supervisor and we would chat until the patients came in. We all knew when to be serious and when to be relaxed. Me and my supervisor, who was the lead medical assistant, would be nothing but professional behavior with the patients and whenever I had a question about something, I felt comfortable enough to ask. She tought me – more... so much about medications, injections, and how to really listen for the faintess pulse when taking a patients blood pressure. The most enjoyable part of my externship was having the opprotunity to meet such wonderful people, patients, and my co-workers. The most hardest part was having to leave because I had completed the 160 hours needed for me to graduate. But now with the little experience I have I can't wait to put my experience and knowledge into a career being a real medical assistant. – less
Not a good place to work
RT / MA (Current Employee), Wooster, OHMay 2, 2012
I like the people who work in my office but the manager I have lies all the time. The company does not pay the wages that people should be paid and expect one person to do the work of ten.