Homeward Bound Employee Reviews

Productive work enviornment
On Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GoldenvalleyApril 5, 2017
Assist and provide individuals with special needs guidance with daily living skills. Track and administer daily medications. Monitor, record and manage physical and emotional behaviors. Budget house and resident money. Maintain a clean and safe environment.
Pros
incrediblre coworkers
Cons
supervisors and boss is all about the company and not workers
Easy work enviornment
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 7, 2017
If you don't mind working with special needs or old folks this is a job for you. They have a good work schedule and time off as requested. Good starting pay.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of new experiences for an LPN
LPN (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 8, 2016
I really enjoy working here as an LPN. I am surrounded by friendly coworkers and fun clients. I truly enjoy working here and I am just looking for more hours.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, competetive pay, small nurse-client ratio
Cons
Not enough hours
Nonprofit organization dedicated to helping homeless
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2016
My typical work day consisted of coordinating fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship events. I enjoyed the creativity my job allowed me as well as the mission of the organization.
A client centered work environment
Detox Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 24, 2016
Homeward Bound provides a necessary service to an under served demographic in the Dallas area with care and concern for the welfare of their clients
Very fun co workers and environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 14, 2016
Tough hours with two small children at the time.Hours included doing many overnights.I enjoyed working with adolescents and doing activities with them.It's definitely a fun job if your single without children.
Fun place to work
CD Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
On a daily basis you get to work with people in the community that need help, so this job gives you a sense of self worth because you help someone else everyday.
productive+
lpn (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 4, 2016
flexible schedules
helping staff
nice management
friendly co-workers
haven't seen hardest part of the job
working environment is enjoyable
Pros
good benefits
Transitional Housing That Means Well But Falls Short
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
During my tenure at Homeward Bound I've had the opportunity to continue growing as a leader while serving a continually diverse and expansive population.

I've managed 4-9 staff at any given time, while assisting in the re-branding of our facility. While mostly working early mornings, I've covered afternoon, evening and even overnight shifts.

Our mission - to create pathways out of poverty for homeless families ready to make a change - gives us the ability to reach into the community and guide families on the road to success, and to end future cycles of generational poverty and homelessness.

While the most enjoyable part of my job has been to witness the success of families (children especially) making headway out of poverty and paving the way for future generations, the hardest times that have come with the job have been to maintain a personable relationship with the families without becoming personal, specifically when being involved in the more tragic side of social services and seeing families separated due to child negligence or abuse.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Relaxed Environment
Cons
Limited Availability for Advancement, Micromanaging
Working at Homeward Bound is rewarding.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2016
It's a wonderful feeling to work with dedicated employees who love what they do. Watching the change that happens when a client steps through the door makes the difficult days worth while.
Pros
Dedicated team.
Cons
Difficult to deal with limited resources.
Must have high standards
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2015
Lots of PC skills, able to get along with patients families and patients, direct community service workers to their assigned duties, able to type 50 wpm, able transfer calls quickly to the appropriate individual.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No security
Provides structured environment for learning how to live in society.
Volunteer/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Aloha, ORNovember 9, 2015
This is a hard working selfless job that I support my husband and Homeward Bound in for providing structured living for addicts and alcoholics learning how to function in society. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing someone turn their life around and become a responsible and productive member of society. Helping with the office work allows me to gain experience with different programming and billing procedures while relieving some of the many duties my husband has to keep the program running efficiently.
Pros
Support husband, helping addicts and alchoholics, gain experience in office duties.
Cons
My husband works long hours and is on-call twenty four hours to handle any problems that may arise.
Enjoy working with my clints at Homeword Bound
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2015
A day at Homeward Bound is very exciting for me. To come in and see my client's smiles when I walk in. To know they are learning something from what I teach or talk about. To see them take with them something that will help them in their recovery.
Cna
On-site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 28, 2015
Provide active daily living to the clients, where they could experience a normal life as possible with the help of aids.
A good place to work for
Supportive home care , personal care (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 6, 2015
The best part of this job was working with my clients. In twelve years of working there, I worked with many, many clients. I loved every one of them. They are all so different and all have a story to tell. Very interesting.
It started out with vacation, which was the only benefit we had, and that was taken away.
Pros
I loved my clients
Cons
No benefits
babysiter
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 13, 2015
come in get kids settled in start a game and conversation, we had reading time, hardest part was to keep them little people enetertained, and in one spot, I made lunches and juice, tern snacks ,i learned how to communicate, work things out, to do things differently and be a better mother ,i loved to hear the kids laugh and not wanna go home, and cry when they leave
Productive and helpful work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 22, 2014
On any given day I worked with the agency and clients to find the homeless housing. My co-workers and supervisor were very helpful, kind, and hilarious. The success rate of finding homeless housing and jobs was high.
Maintaing good working conditions
National Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Drexel Hill, PAJanuary 20, 2014
in order to promote an excellent quality product portfolio it was a matter of answering incoming phone calls - selling the need to agents who had no place to put their uninsureable clients with a portfolio that they had a need for
Cons
failure to maintain a proper reserve to pay for expected claims
Homehealth agency
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 2, 2014
This agency switched its name to silver linings after filing banctrupcy. They pay their employees once per mo. and then cant make payroll even then. They put their staff in shady positions of practicing outside their scope of practice. This was my first experience with home health work and it did not leave a good impression on me.
Pros
flexiblity to choose what assignments I wanted to take.
Cons
Failure to pay a once per mo paycheck.
Terrible Job
CD Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2013
Bad facility learned nothing here management is terrible co-workers are back stabbers. Going to work best part is getting off
Pros
A job for unemployed
Cons
Bad pay no loyality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeward Bound. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8